Ceremonies For Life, Love & Remembrance

As a Celebrant, I am committed to helping you create an authentic, inspiring and uniquely personal wedding ceremony or civil union ceremony that reflects your beliefs, your cultural and religious/spiritual background(s), and your life's journey. Life-cycle Celebrant and Minister

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony

Chicago, IL (773) 919-1333

Reviewed on 2/07/2017

Marguerite was the celebrant for my wedding in September 2016. When my husband and I first met her, we knew she was the one. She has a very warm inviting demeanor. She took time to get to know us on a personal level. She was very detailed in creating our ceremony and customized... Read More it to our taste and preferences. She told our love story in a way that we couldn't. Our ceremony was romantic, heartfelt and there was some humor. It wouldn't have been the same with another celebrant. Months after the wedding, my husband and I are still getting compliments on how amazing Marguerite was. Aside from the actual ceremony, she is very professional. She is easy to work with and delivers on what is promised. We were blessed to have her be a part of our special day!

fantastic

Reviewed on 7/14/2012 Beth E

My husband and I are not religious, but still wanted a meaningful ceremony that would honor the spirit of the commitment we were making. Marguerite delivered. I loved filling out the couples questionnaire that she uses to write your personal, custom ceremony. Not only did it... Read More result in the perfect ceremony, but it really gave me an opportunity to reflect on the meaning behind all the crazy planning during the hectic months before our wedding. I received many compliments from guests about our ceremony, but none better than this email from a close family friend: "The ceremony, if that is still the right term these days, was the most moving I have ever attended. It was unique in every way and I think captured the depth of their relationship and commitment to each other."

2012-07-16T14:00:57 Response from the vendor

Beth and Mike, Thank you so much!!! I hope you have received the documents that I sent you last week on Tuesday. If not, please give me a call. Cheers, Marguerite

Best Officiant in the world!

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Jennifer P

I cannot express in words how thankful we were to have found Marguerite as our Officiant. She is the most amazing person and our ceremony was absolutley perfect because of her! She was so easy to work with, was accomodating, really got to know us and she is the most eloquent... Read More public speaker. We wanted something different and she delivered, in fact she went above and beyond. The ceremony she created was perfectly us, unique, made our guests laugh and cry...it was beautiful. I would not hesitate for a second recommending her to anyone who wants an amazing ceremony the EVERYONE will remember.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Katie E

Marguerite was the celebrant at a friend's wedding several years ago and when I got engaged, I knew I wanted her to be the celebrant at my wedding. After my fiance met her, he was also sold. It was an absolute pleasure having Marguerite as our celebrant and I cannot say enough... Read More about her! She created a ceremony that was warm, personal, and that completely encapsulated my husband and I and how we feel about each other. We received so many compliments from our guests about their emotions during the ceremony and how touched they were by its beauty; several even commented that it was the most moving ceremony they've ever attended. Marguerite had my husband and I complete a couples questionnaire on our own (we could not discuss it with each other or share our answers) and she created our ceremony from scratch based on our responses. She sent us a draft and asked us to provide feedback so she could make it exactly what we wanted. Her firsts draft was pretty spot-on-- we made a few minor edits, but she did such a fabulous job capturing us in her first go-around that we really didn't see much to change. She also recommended several readings for us to choose from, and even mini-ceremonies such as the unity candle ceremony. Marguerite will take the time to learn about you and your wishes for your ceremony, and will create something incredibly special and unique and deliver it beautifully! No two ceremonies will be the same.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

My wife and I were just married a few weeks ago at the Chicago History Museum in Lincoln Park, and we had an amazing experience thanks in very large part to Marguerite! From the very beginning, Marguerite took the time to meet with us, learn about our history, study our... Read More personalities and relationship in order to deliver an incredibly personalized and meaningful ceremony for us. In the early planning phases, we had been very worried about a stranger / unknown clergy delivering our ceremony... but thankfully our wedding planner guided us in the right direction and introduced us to Marguerite who dedicated countless hours to getting to know us and then writing / officiating a wonderful ceremony. We were very happy to receive so many compliments from guests at the reception and afterwards on how intimate and insightful the ceremony was. Thanks again to Marguerite, 5/5 stars, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Chris G

Marguerite was simply amazing. We couldn't have asked for a more personalized, kind and meaningful ceremony. She came recommended by our wedding planners, and upon our first meeting I knew by her personality and charm that she would be perfect fit for our ceremony. As a gay... Read More couple, we wanted someone who would be flexible with our needs and would be experienced enough to make our wedding fit our personalities. What made Marguerite stand out was her personalized touch on the ceremony itself. She sent us a questionnaire that helped her create a "story" for the ceremony and even went as far to call our best friends to enhance the stories she told during the wedding. She made the event more about the story of us than your standard wedding affair. After the wedding, we had so many family members and friends comment on how exceptional and personal the ceremony was. I would definitely recommend Marguerite for anyone looking for an unforgettable wedding ceremony experience.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 amy k

Marguerite was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding. Her thoughtfulness, execution of the ceremony, and beautiful writing style really captured every aspect of our love we were wanted to convey to our wedding guests. Marguerite is an extremely talented writer and... Read More public speaker. Her professionalism was so very needed during the actual organization of the wedding ceremony. It has been three months since our special day and we have received countless compliments regarding Marguerite and the ceremony itself. We are so very pleased with her role she played in our wedding!

The best part of our wedding - by far!

Reviewed on 1/13/2015 Amy T

Marguerite was incredible - we knew right away when we saw her marry our friends that we had to have her marry us. We honestly were flexible on EVERY other detail about the wedding - except Marguerite. Why were we so insistent? Because Marguerite will work with you to craft a... Read More ceremony that will make your guests that don't know your spouse feel like they have known your spouse for years. Having her do the ceremony is like having a coffee with an old friend - you get to know the people being married. She is warm, engaging, intimate and can be humorous too - and that is so entertaining and endearing as a wedding officiant. We heard over and over again after our ceremony that it was "hands down the BEST wedding ceremony I have ever seen" and truly "beautiful and perfectly suited to you" - even our vendors cried and said it was the best ceremony THEY had ever seen - and they were pretty experienced wedding people. Bottom line - the BEST money spent will be the money spent to have Marguerite perform your ceremony. She is worth every penny and more. She also provides an opportunity for you to really think about why you are getting married and what your partner means to you - by the way she crafts her ceremonies. And that will help center you during your planning process because you will be reminded of what is really important (and stress less about the details). We can't say enough about how wonderful Marguerite is - hopefully you will find out by calling her for your own ceremony - you will not regret it.

The Perfect Ceremony

Reviewed on 3/07/2013 Colleen B

From the first moment we met Marguerite, we knew that she was the woman who was going to marry us. We had many ideas of what we wanted in our wedding ceremony, and Marguerite captured our visions and turned them into an eloquent ceremony. Our wedding was the perfect mix of... Read More funny, sentimental, beautiful and unique. So many of our guests told us that it was the most amazing wedding ceremony they have ever attended. We were just blown away with how incredible it turned out. It couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you, Marguerite! P.S. We are lesbians, so have no fear in working with Marguerite, LGBT couples!