Meeting House Grand Ballroom Reception & Ceremony Venue

(48)

Plymouth & Ann Arbor, MI

Capacity: Up to 300 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Unique & Historic Reception Venue by Kellogg Park

Do you dream of a romantic unique venue for your reception? Our 3 crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, wood floors & the fact that we only host one event at a time, creates beautiful memories that last a lifetime. Our attention to detail, excellent food & service makes this historic venue a must see.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

499 S Main St, Plymouth & Ann Arbor, MI

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2/26/2014 Jessica E

We initially visited the Meeting House Grand Ballroom because then fiance (and now husband!) was interested. I'm really glad we did! Linda, the head chef, showed us around because the owners were out of town and we were visiting from out-of-state. Her hospitality, clear enjoyment of what she does, and her pride in her work were things that really sold us on the venue. And the appetizers were delicious! The hardwood floors, high ceilings, and chandeliers are stunning. It worked very well with our wedding colors of blue and silver. The venue itself is elegant, and it still feels cozy/homey enough to avoid feeling pretentious. It was exactly what we were looking for! Our guests raved about the appetizers and the food. We served a series of five appetizers and stations with a sit-down dinner. There is so much variety and uniqueness in the presentation of the appetizers, from large spreads of vegetables and fruits to pastry cones filled with different fillings to appetizers served on little silver spoons. The Meeting House also offered some incentives in the bar package and minimums since we were having the wedding off-season. Randy, Mary, Todd, and Tracy were very helpful when planning and executing the reception. They also have a lot of experience, and it shows in how smoothly everything runs. They checked in with us periodically throughout the night, and everyone felt very well taken care of. I'd happily recommend their services to other couples in the Metro Detroit area.

Everything we ever hoped for!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015

There are not enough positive adjectives to describe the wonderful experience we had at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom Christmas weekend, 2014 for our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding. It was absolutely everything we had hoped for because of The Food: Everyone raved about the quality of the food, the huge portions (even the men were happy) and the fact that all meals were hot when they were served. We had the beef and stuffed chicken combination along with the salmon. The Meeting House also offers vegetarian meals and takes care of their guests' special dietary needs. Each meal is beautifully garnished as well. The chef is fabulous! Plus, the appetizers were incredible. Our guests loved the stations and the buttered hors d'oeuvres that were served on cute little spoons. Very impressive! The service: The wait staff wears tuxes and white gloves and couldn't be more polite and attentive. There are plenty of waiters for every table which makes all guests feel special. The bar does not close down during dinner because the Meeting House provides a separate bar staff from those who serve the food and appetizers. The decor: The wood floors, chandeliers, moldings and medallions on the walls and ceiling height make for a very grand event. So many people commented that it was nice NOT to be in the typical hotel or banquet center. The atmosphere is wonderful. The room layout: Having separate rooms for the bar and extra seating is nice for pictures and older people who want to chat and get away from the music. We had a very large wedding and never felt like any of the rooms were uncomfortably tight. The attention to detail: Todd and Tracy were very accommodating to our extra requests and could not have been nicer to us. Although we as parents paid for the event, they always deferred to the bride and groom and made sure they were the center of attention. From the moment we walked in the door for our initial tour, we knew they were going to take care of us. No question was too ridiculous. Our phone calls were always promptly returned. They are the glue that makes the Meetinghouse hold together and run smoothly. Our wedding guests described our wedding with phrases like "over the top," "best wedding ever," and "most beautiful they had ever attended." Delete review

Because of the Meeting House, our wedding was everyone's favorite!

Reviewed on 1/20/2015

"It was the best wedding I've ever been to." "I hope my wedding can be half as nice as this." "These bacon wrapped chicken appetizers are awesome! How can I get the recipe?" "It was just so beautiful." Those are just some of the wonderful comments my bride and I received at or after the wedding. We, ourselves, were impressed with everything about the location and the staff. We commented to each other several times that we were surprised about how much the owners were actively involved on the day of the event. They always asked if there was anything they could do and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time. They even went so far as to have appetizers brought out to the party bus for the wedding party as we were making last minute preparations before the grand entrance. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a single thing! Thank you, Meeting House Grand Ballroom for the wedding of my, and more importantly, my bride's dreams!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 Courtney R

We chose the Meeting House Grand Ballroom for our wedding on December 20, 2014. We can't say enough good things about it!!! Everything was perfect. Tracy and Todd were so easy to work with- they were so friendly, accommodating, and very flexible when our guest count was lower than anticipated. They included some extras (late night snacks, lower guest count, and liquor from a different bar package to help with our signature drinks) and made the entire planning process easy and stress-free. All of our guests raved about the food and drinks and continue to tell us how beautiful the venue was!! Looking at our pictures I am so happy with how everything turned out and I couldn't have asked for a better venue for our reception. It was unique, didn't feel like a typical wedding venue, and was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend the Meeting House for anyone starting the planning process. It was by far the best decision we made!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Deanna O

Everything from start to finish with the Meeting House was perfect. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received! They made sure every bit of our wedding was how we pictured! My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend the Meeting House to all brides and grooms! It's a perfect place to get married!

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

My husband and I had our wedding at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom. We would want to do it all over again. Todd and Tracy were fantastic to work with and made you feel as a part of their family. They made you feel at ease through the entire process. One of the many positives of this place is that you are the only wedding that night. I have been to many weddings and having other celebrations going on other than yours, seems that your day isn't original or special. I really appreciated the undivided attention. The food is fantastic! I was worried because we could not try the entree's, but they came out well. My guest said the food was fantastic and original than other weddings that they have been too. We did get to try a variety of hors d'oeuvres and all were so tasty--we had a hard time deciding! The service was excellent. White glove service, strolling service and fantastic bartenders all made the night elegant and enjoyable. If you are between any vendors and The Meeting House, I guarantee that the Meeting House is the best. You won't have to worry about a thing that evening and ENJOY the night that you have been planning for months or years.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Denise P

We couldn't be happier with The Meeting House Grand Ballroom. Todd & Tracy were with us every step of the way. From selecting our menu to assisting us throughout the entire day they were always working to give us our dream wedding. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Beutiful and Amazing Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Katlin P

I was immediately drawn to the Meeting House due to its beauty. It does not have that “banquet hall” look that so many other venues in the area have and that was something I wanted to stay away from. When my now husband and I went to look at the hall, we were greeted right away by Mary and Randy who took us around the whole place. While we were touring, we were served some of the most popular appetizers that the hall served. They had albums available for us to look at of how the hall had looked for other events, as well as pictures of their food plates. I was instantly pleased and wanted to book right away! My favorite part was that they have you make $1,500 payments along the way (4 total for us as we booked 15 months before our date), which takes away some of the overwhelming feelings when you go to make your final payment. About 6 months before our wedding I was contacted by Tracy to set up our detail meeting where she helped us pick our menu and other details. While we were there we were able to try more appetizers to help us make decisions and we were able to try some of the sauces for the chicken since we were nervous about that (they were all amazing, more on that later). They have a very detailed form for all our event information that helped keep everything organized. We were bringing our own centerpieces and were able to drop those and other things off two days before our event and store them there. The day of our wedding everything was absolutely beautiful! The venue looked amazing, everything set up just as I envisioned! Something that stood out to us was when the wedding party arrived, they have two servers outside serving us appetizers as we got off the bus! It was so thoughtful. After our entrance, Todd made sure my husband and I had beverages in hand and that everything was acceptable. We were not disappointed. Now the most important part…the food. I have never had food at another wedding that was as good as the Meeting House. Hands down, best wedding food I have ever had. We had people telling us all night how good the food was. The appetizers, the bread, the salad, the main course, seriously everything was so delicious! And the amount! The plate was packed! I would be surprised it anyone left hungry! The service was prompt and fantastic. We had soft pretzels as our late night snack. They were very delicious also! I cannot say enough positive things about this venue. Everything was run so smoothly, not a single hiccup. It was very easy to contact anyone if we needed something and Tracy and Todd were so wonderful to us the whole evening. If you are looking for a beautiful, spacious venue with amazing food and great service, this is the place for you! Absolutely wonderful!

BEST SERVICE AND FOOD!! Loved it!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Judith K

We used the Meeting House as our reception site for approx 200 guests and they did a fantastic job. Everyone was raving about the food, including us. Tracey & Todd were very attentive, making sure everything ran smoothly and that people received the right food based on dietary needs. They allowed us flexibility on when to have our speeches and were so supportive. I wish we could do it all over again! The hall is gorgeous. I was looking for something with character (not just a box hotel room), and my husband wanted clean lines and we both knew it was right for us when we walked in. So many compliments! Thank you!! It is worth the cost!

Best Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Molly M

The Meeting House Grand Ballroom helped me have the wedding of my dreams. The moment I started working with them everything was easier. They made planning so easy and really have weddings down to a science. From the moment I walked into the ballroom on the day of my wedding I was amazed. The service was incredible and the staff was perfect. Every guest that was there told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been too. I would HIGHLY recommend The Meeting House Grand Ballroom to anyone planning a wedding in the area.

Absolutely Outstanding!!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Kelly S

From the moment I met Randy and Mary and got to take a look in-person at the Meeting House, I knew that there was no other perfect location for us to hold our reception at. Randy and Mary were kind and so organized, and I could tell that they both really cared about their business and providing the best possible experience for a nervous bride who had yet to make so many important decisions regarding her big day. I cannot thank them enough for making our decision so easy to choose the Meeting House. Additionally, Todd & Tracy at the Meeting House were absolutely wonderful to us. I can't tell you all how many emails/calls I must have made to Tracy throughout the last few months about various things and she was always so quick to respond and so helpful. There was even a very stressful situation for me in which our hotel for out-of-town guests was overbooked - Tracy even made calls on my behalf to try to find rooms in local hotels where our guests would be able to stay. Thank goodness that whole situation worked out so smoothly in the end, but it honestly brought tears to my eyes how much she cared to help me figure everything out. Todd was also so friendly and helpful the week of the wedding when we brought all of our items over to the Meeting House - and on the day of our reception, my (now) husband and I were so impressed with how attentive everyone was to us. Long story short - the staff at the Meeting House is nothing short of oustanding and they will take GREAT care of you. The Meeting House is a gorgeous venue with a romantic, classic feel. The food (including entrees and appetizers) is delicious and unique, the separate bar area is awesome, and I could go on and on raving about how great of a time we had at our wedding reception. THANK YOU Meeting House for making all of our wedding-day dreams come true! I highly recommend checking this venue out to anyone! :)

My Dream Venue

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Megan S

I was married last September to my high school sweet heart. I have always lived in Downtown Plymouth, so I wanted to keep the venue close to home. The Meeting House is in DOWNTOWN Plymouth-- couldn't get any better location. My sister got married 3 years prior- my mom and I did most of the planning. The service we received from the moment we walked into The Meeting House was like nothing we experienced while planning my sisters wedding. It was very clear from beginning that running/owning The Meeting House was not just a career for Mary and Randy.... it is their love and their life. They treat you as if you are family. They want your event to go as amazing as if it were their own. Each appointment we had, even our initial walk through when we were not even sure we were going with The Meeting House, we tasted some of the delicious food they have to offer. Linda, the lead chef, has the magic touch! It was hard to narrow down what appetizers we were going to have--- because we wanted them all! And they have A LOT to choose from. My husband and I chose a buffet and the food was all delicious, hot, and plentiful. My guests feasted and enjoyed the food immensely. Randy served my husband and my food so that we did not have to carry our plates across the dance floor. Mary walked with me to be sure I actually made it back to my seat-- as I was being stopped to chat with my guests. It is the little things like this that meant a lot to my husband and I. They also made sure to gather some appetizers for us to snack on after we made our first entrance as husband and wife. They made sure our glasses were full the entire night. Mary and Randy run a tight ship and it pays off! I have a huge family and without a doubt, no matter what, something generally goes wrong.... we are used to it and we move on in my family! There was not a single napkin out of place, upset OR unruly guest, there was not a single hair out of place the entire night. When I walked into The Meeting House on our wedding day- I felt like Cinderella. The decorations, the table arrangements, the back-lighting behind the bridal party table, the service-- everything was picture perfect. I wouldn't be able to go back and change anything-- even if I wanted to! Being right down town was nice for my guests. Friends and family walked right out the door and half a block to one of the near by martini bars (336 Main) and enjoyed the rest of the night after our reception. Very convenient! I would recommend this venue to every bride and groom out there! You will not find more of a perfect dream venue. My brother is getting married at The Meeting House in August and I cannot wait to be a guest and enjoy The Meeting House without having to be the Bride/Groom!

The Meeting House exceeded our expectations

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Emily J

My husband and I had a fantastic wedding experience with The Meeting House. All of the staff were amazing - really. Mary and Randy were very communicative as were Todd and Tracy. From the beginning, Mary and Randy worked with our price point so we could have such a beautiful and private venue (no other events take place at the same time in that building, so there is no confusion for guests). Our payment plan was very reasonable and they were forgiving when we accidently overdrew on the wrong bank account in the 2 weeks before the wedding - a confusing time with paying all of the vendors at once. Mary and Randy allowed us access 2 days before the wedding to set up, which was very helpful with reducing stress. All of the before-hand service they provided was great and I can't say enough, but on our wedding day the service exceeded our expectations. The catering staff were so friendly and my guests were never without anything. They even made sure my husband and I got appetizers and drinks, which I wouldn't have made sure to get myself - there was so much going on. All of my guests were raving about the quality of the food, which was so delicious, and the courtesy the staff provided just made it a more quality dining event. Our DJ said it best about The Grand Ballroom: Mary and Randy are always there. Other big venues will have staff you talk to prior, but you don't see them on your wedding day. That's not the case here. You talk to the same staff before your event that are present at the event. And that showed in all of the attention to detail and ensuring everything went off without a hitch. I loved my wedding day and the Meeting House had a big part in that. We had a phenomenal experience.

Our Special Day

Reviewed on 2/08/2014 Adèle P

Randy and Mary made our special day in the fall of 2013 so spectacular! From the beginning to the end of the planning process, their experience and expertise was a tremendous help. The food, venue and service on the day of our wedding was unbelievable. They catered to our every need and were involved in every aspect of the night. Their staff was professional and everything was timed perfectly. I have absolutely zero negative things to say about the evening. Without a doubt, choosing the Meeting House for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. The pictures of the evening also turned out amazing because the venue is so beautiful.

Meeting House Grand Ballroom - Beautiful and Stress Free

Reviewed on 12/14/2013

We were very pleased with everything at my daughters wedding. The service was exceptional. Our guests raved about the food including the appetizers, the full service meal and the dessert buffet. Mary and Randy worked hard to make sure that everything was done the way that we wanted it. They made the reception stress free for us. The venue was beautiful and comfortable for the entire wedding party and for our guests. The lighting and Christmas trees made the evening magical. The Meeting House Grand Ballroom is a wonderful place for a wedding ceremony and reception.

Classic Vintage Wedding

Reviewed on 12/13/2013 Ashley K

The Meeting House Grand Ballroom is a gorgeous 1920's style venue with ornate woodwork throughout and amazing crystal chandeliers; it is beautiful on its own even without flowers and centerpieces. The entire process of booking the Meeting House up until the last dance at our reception was stress-free and enjoyable. Mary and Randy assisted us with everything we needed from food and drink selections to making the most optimal seating chart to accommodate our large wedding. They were extremely easy to contact and available to us. The entire staff was extremely professional and very attentive to our guests throughout the reception. Randy greeted us upon arrival and always made sure we had a drink in our hand and personally served us appetizers. Our guests couldn't have said enough positive comments about the staff and beautiful ballroom; they were truly impressed with the personalized and elegant service. We are so thankful for all that the Meeting House staff did, including Mary and Randy, to make our dream wedding day a come true!

Simply Fantastic

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Stephanie N

Mary and Randy are so wonderful. They made everything about our reception perfect. They helped us set up, lit the candles at each table right before guests arrived, packed up decorations at the end, you name it. The ballroom itself is so beautiful, we loved that there the bar and front room were separate from the ballroom for those who needed a break from dancing/quieter conversation. And believe what every other review claims: the food here is amazing, and all of your guests will love everything they eat. We almost didn't get any appetizers because they cost extra, but after trying them, we couldn't resist, and went with 3. My favorite, the french onion soup crock... I wish I could eat these every single day. Seriously, the food is exceptional. We were so happy that we went with the Meeting House Grand Ballroom, and can't wait to someday work with Randy and Mary again.

Beautiful Place for a Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 Mary S

Mary and Randy,   Just a quick note to thank you for all your help and expertise with the wedding reception for our children this past October.  You have an absolutely beautiful and unique venue.  The fireplace and piano add a lovely touch.  The lighting was beautiful, table arrangement roomy and the chair linens perfect.  The food was beyond wonderful.  As many of our friends and relatives stated:  "The best wedding food ever."  Menu choices were excellent for both appetizers and dinner.  The prime rib  excellent, the chicken with red pepper sauce totally unique and the ham was a huge hit (thank you, thank you).  The bar was quite large and well equipped.  We are still receiving so many compliments from friends and family that we wanted express our gratitude to you both.  It was a pleasure working with you.  We appreciate your attention to detail and how accommodating you were in truly making this the best and most memorable day for Jim and Yvette.   Leo & Mary LaDouceur and Jim & Marie Samfilippo

6 DAUGHTERS! NEXT 4 WEDDINGS WILL BE HERE!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

I am the father of the bride. There is no doubt that i will try to have my next 4 daughters have their wedding here as well...Randy and Mary are NOT employees: they are owners with a long personal history , not only in this town of Plymouth, but also in the Food and Beverage business. At one time, Randy Lorenz ran a club in Plymouth called the Plymouth Round Table; the service and food were known by everyone to be impeccable....this same quality of EVERYTHING has been transferred onto the Meeting House. the entire process was handled with extreme professionalism and taste. THE FOOD IS RIDICULOUSLY WELL DONE AND A BIG VALUE!...you are not just getting a catered wedding meal, but the works of a couple that know how to make food and serve it!...they get it!..you are paying for a service and it needs to be memorable....i will never forget this wedding and i cant wait for the next ones

Best Wedding venue I could have asked for

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Brittany S

The Meeting House Grand Ballroom in downtown plymouth was only the second venue we looked at and immediately fell in love. Mary & Randy who own the meeting house are excellent people to work with and make sure your day goes exactly how you want it. Beautiful venue, EXCELLENT food, top notch service. I can honestly say there is not a thing I would have changed about our wedding day and a lot of that has to do with The Meeting house making our day a memorable one. Would recommend to everyone!

Awesome! A night I will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013

My daughter's wedding was one of the most unforgettable nights of my life. Much of it is due to the Meeting House Grand Ballroom. The hall is beautiful, the food was spectacular and the service incredible. Every detail was perfect, first class every step of the way. Randy and Mary are true professionals. With their help, we did not need a wedding planner and yet everything went perfect. We received so many compliments from our guests and many of them told us that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I absolutely give them the highest recommendation- use them and you will be glad you did!

Couldn't have asked for better

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Desiree G

Randy and Mary did a fantastic job of making sure that my wedding was everything I dreamed it would be. The venue itself has a classic beauty and I love the natural hard wood floors. The food was phenominal, the timeline was adhered to, and the event was perfect. Thank you Mary and Randy!

Perfect wedding thanks to Mary and Randy

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Renee W

My husband and I had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom on October 13, 2013. We had a perfect day thanks to Mary and Randy. They are extremely organized during the planning process and they are hands-on during the wedding. They think about little touches that other venues wouldn’t notice and go above and beyond for their clients. I had people coming up to me all night raving about how great the food was and how excellent the service was. If I could do my wedding all over again, I would choose the Meeting House every time. I can’t say enough positive things about them!

Perfect place for a wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Lauren B

Mary and Randy at Meeting House Grand Ballroom are both professional and friendly. They provided excellent service to make sure our wedding reception went smoothly, which it did! The food was delicious!!! My friends and family are still talking about those Chicken Bacon Skewers and they said the Beef was the best they've ever had! I would recommend this venue for any couple based on the beautiful decor and outstanding service. Thanks again Meeting House! -The Lakins

Beautiful Wedding at MHGB!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Victoria B

Weddings take a lot of planning as it is, Randy and Mary were fantastic!!! The food was amazing, the room was perfect temperature, they were very organized!! Highly Recommend!! 10 Stars!!

Send Email