Meg Matyia Photographer

Wedding photography should look simple and timeless. So many lovely things happen when family and friends gather to celebrate love. Its my goal to quietly capture that joyous time. In the end there is a beautiful story.

Specialty

Photojournalism

Easton, CT

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 [email protected] 0

Meg is so easy to work with. From the instant we met her, we felt we could trust her. She just knows, instinctively and through her experience, what we wanted her to capture. She took hundreds and hundreds of photos and we were barely aware she was there. She has this ability to be present at just the right moment but not be intrusive at all. She shoots portraits just as beautifully at candids or the smallest details. She's easy to talk to and always accessible. And in the end, the photos we received were so amazing! She captured it all, the faces, the location, the light, the fun and the importance of our day. Thank you Meg!!

Meg Matyia Photographer

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 teagan e

I swear I felt like I had one of my best friends with me the whole day working with Meg. Both my husband and I are pretty awkward in front of the camera and were looking for someone who would help us look as relaxed and happy as we felt on the day rather than anything staged and uncomfortable. I had already seen her gorgeous work online but as soon as I spoke to her I knew she was the one, I fell in love a little bit! Living in London and trying to organise our wedding in Montauk was something of a logistical challenge but it was absolutely no issue with Meg; she made it so easy for us to communicate in the run up to the day (and afterwards) despite the distance and was so incredibly patient and flexible the whole time. On the day itself I've never seen anyone work so hard, she's an absolute legend. Her work speaks for itself - she's got a beautiful way of capturing the atmosphere and the energy, just a lovely sense of how you feel at that moment and a miraculous way of capturing it on camera. I cannot recommend her enough. Thanks Meg!

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015

My husband to be and I met with Meg once prior to our wedding, felt extremely comfortable, she was efficient and very professional. She took the stress away from our important day, we were confident that Meg would get the pictures that we wanted and do it in an artistic way. On our wedding day,she instinctively knew where to be to capture the right people at the right time.We sensed her presence but she was not intrusive. In her relaxed and easy going way, she set the tone for us. The hundreds of pictures she provided were amazing. They were e-mailed in categories (pre-wedding, ceremony, reception, etc.) which made it easier to evaluate and choose best photos for us and our families. Thank-you Meg for making fabulous memories for us!

TO Meg Matyia Photographer