CA Photographer with a Passion for Story Telling

Megan has been photographing love stories for 6 years. After growing up and establishing her thriving business in central Florida, she has decided to take the leap to move to Los Angeles, CA. Living on the west coast has always been a dream of hers. She often travels back to FL for weddings and hopes to add a few more locations to her travel schedule for this year. Her goal with her work is to document the love and happiness that is shown and shared on your wedding day. It has always been her joy to preserve these memories with her photos.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

North Hollywood, CA Los Angeles & Florida (321) 652-8627
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Eva K

What an absolute gem! Megan puts you completely at ease while photographing and has a kind, energetic spirit that truly added to the day. Her glowing personality was a much appreciated asset to our day. After unfortunate changes to the date and location of the wedding, she was... Read More so gracious and flexible and made a nightmare a non-issue and completely calmed me over the ordeal. Her pictures were so stunning! She was my first choice, and after doing some research, I couldn't find anyone else whose portfolio I LOVED and kept coming back to Megan's beautiful work as the unmatched example. She photographed our day with lovely candor. The pictures are so genuine and natural. In our wedding pictures, my husband and I look like ourselves, instead of strangers, which so often seems to happen in wedding photos. We were the most lovely versions of ourselves and she somehow captured our personalities and essence. For lack of a better term, it was so "us"! We get to enjoy looking at each other as we were instead of a false, over-edited recreation of us. My husband, who doesn't like posing, was very comfortable during our bride and groom shoot. Megan gently guided what felt natural and produced stunning results. She was simply the best choice and so wonderful to work with! Her work speaks for itself and I confidently recommend her for reasons beyond that. Megan is a very talented up and coming photographer and the opportunity to work with her should not be missed as she gains notoriety.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Ashley W

Megan Abbott was an absolute joy to work with! Every step of the way she was wonderfully helpful and kind. She is able to display a great level of professionalism, all while she helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Megan photographed both our engagement photos and... Read More our wedding. On the wedding day, I was so nervous (as a bride tends to be) and when Megan walked into the cabin to take our photos, I was instantly relaxed and was so excited to see her! She has such a genuine way with people, and she truly loves photographing special moments in life. Not only did I get the most beautiful photos from Megan, but I also feel like my husband and I gained a new friend! I cannot stress enough how happy I am that I hired Megan to be apart of our big day (:

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Kelly B

I have had the privilege of knowing Megan since we were both in 7th grade (we are both 24 now). Life brought us different ways, but the moment Andrew and I got engaged, I knew I wanted her to be our photographer; there is something extra special when you KNOW the person behind... Read More the lens and they are really able to capture the person you are. We met up for a consultation back home in Brevard County, FL and discussed what we were looking for and caught up on years past. When it came for our engagement shoot, Megan met us up in Winter Park, FL to do a shoot at Leu Gardens. We were so nervous to be in front of a camera, but Megan made everything manageable and fun! Nothing FELT posed, even "posed" shots - it was just all natural and full of love. She would have us do little acts like whisper in the other's ear to get these adorable, intimate shots, and then a second later you would get a genuine, full-belly-laughing smile. We LOVED our engagement photos and received the gallery within 2 weeks; we even used one of the sneak peek photos as our "Save the Date" card! Between the engagement and wedding, I decided I wanted to do something special for my future husband, so I enlisted Megan's help in doing a bridal boudoir shoot. I was SO NERVOUS, y'all. Like, I would not have thought of this idea if she were not the photographer. But once again, Megan made everything easy going and even dare-I-say fun! In hindsight, I am so glad we did it. I'm a thin girl, but we all have our own critiques...these photos were BEAUTIFUL! Finally, we had THE WEDDING. I am running out of positive adjectives to use (and space). Megan hit all of my "must have" shots and went above and beyond during the day. She and her second shooter worked very well with the videographer and we could not be more pleased with the results. Everything is GORGEOUS and will be treasured forever. Thank you, Megan!!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Debby H

Thank you so much Megan for your absolutely amazing work! We are so glad that we chose Megan to be our photographer for our engagement in LA!! Megan is truly a professional photographer. Not only taking the most stunning photos, but she is also such wonderful people. She is... Read More caring, kind, helpful and patient. She is easy and fun to work with, and make you feel natural in front of the camera. All the photos we got are exactly what we look for. So dreamy & romantic!! We have received lots of compliment about our engagement photos!! Megan is brilliant with camera angles and lighting, and she made the end product look ethereal, elegant and timeless. We will definitely rate Megan Abbott Photography a 10 out of 10, and I recommend her to all couples!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Alyssa D

5.0 Where do I begin when describing Megan Abbott? In a few words, Megan is simply amazing. I found Megan on Wedding Wire in 06/2017 when she was in the process of moving to Los Angeles. At first, I was hesitant but Megan assured me she would be in Los Angeles ready to go by... Read More 08/2017 so we would have more than enough time to complete my engagement session and of course my wedding in 10/2017. During our first consultation over the phone, we instantly connected. It was like talking to a best friend because we had so much in common and it made it so easy to describe my taste and vision for my wedding. Our engagement and wedding photos are beyond beautiful and truly capture the silliness of my husband and I. We are constantly complemented on how breathtaking they are and we gladly refer them over to Megan. Megan understood my style and what I type of look I was going for. It was easy to brainstorm different ideas for shots and locations with her. Honestly, working with Megan was the best photography experience that I have ever had. I cannot recommend Megan enough as she is highly creative, communicative, professional and so much fun to work with (as is her super helpful assistant :) ) I look forward to working with Megan again for future sessions.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Miranda S

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY. I started to tear up once I saw the cover photo to my 117 photo-album. Once I got to the 10th photo I was crying!!!!! Hands down blown away and I plan on making Megan's images artwork around my home. If you get the chance to work with this kind-bubbly... Read More spirit, I recommend going to El Matador beach during sunset. I can't imagine a better time and place!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Alissa S

Megan went above and beyond for my elopement photos! She was available on short notice, provided venue suggestions and even helped to jumpstart my car after my brand new husband left the lights on! She was gracious and professional. It was the best experience I've ever had with... Read More a professional photographer. You will not regret asking Megan to photograph you, your family and friends, your event or whatever else. She's versatile, clever and topnotch. Also, she is humble and comfortable to be around, which made posing and acting natural around her a breeze.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017

Megan is an absolute gem of a photographer! Completely professional and her photos are everything I ever wanted! She captures every moment perfectly and artistically. We had her for both engagement and wedding photos!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Katie H

Working with Megan was an absolute pleasure! My husband I recently got married and wanted to do a shoot with our respective childhood dogs. Megan and I brainstormed to come up with a location that was a safe environment for the dogs. That was the first part of the wonderful... Read More experience we had working with her. The shoot itself was absolutely wonderful! Megan directed the entire shoot, told us how to pose (and how NOT to pose!!) and gave us the confidence we needed to pull off such a quirky theme. She worked tirelessly throughout the hour to ensure that we have the type of photographs we truly wanted. She was respectful of our time, our vision and the environment in which we were working. The turn around time from the shoot to the digital delivery of the photographs was exactly one week (which is fantastic!). The photographs are incredible! Her eye for capturing her subject(s) is wonderful. Her talent for her craft is indisputable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Morgan A

Megan did an absolutely amazing job on my wedding. Not only did she make me feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera (not an easy feat) she then captured every single moment flawlessly, and I couldn't have possibly found anyone better to do it. She went above and... Read More beyond anything I could've ever expected from a photographer, and now, thanks to her, I have gorgeous photos that I will love for the rest of my life.

Megan Abbott

Hi there! I'm Megan! I was born and raised in sunny Florida. I currently live with my boyfriend and cat in North Hollywood, CA. I enjoy the gym, coffee, and true crime stories! I listen to podcasts and musicals most of the time. My favorite food is sushi and my perfect night is staying in to edit photos or watch Forensic Files. I try to be thoroughly connected with my loved ones, challenge myself daily, and treat myself often! I absolutely LOVE documenting life and I can't wait to document yours!