Timeless, Heartfelt, and Beautiful

Moments. Family. Love. Laughter. You want a fabulous and experienced photographer to be by your side to capture the most beautiful wedding photos you can imagine. You want STUNNING, timeless images of your wedding, & the entire day documented so that you don’t forget a single moment. You'll have those timeless photos that will remind you of all of the precious moments, but also surprise you of moments that you didn't even realized happened (because you were having too much fun to notice!). We have fun with you on your special day and take some of the stress away. We shoot candids all day, casual portraits in-between, and all of the heartfelt details! 30 years from now you’ll get goosebumps and teary eyed looking back at your day - this is our #1 goal. Check out my website to see more!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Nashville, TN Middle Tennessee and Nationwide (724) 989-0114

The Best!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Cortney H

Melanie & her husband Josh are absolutely the best!! My husband & I enjoyed working with them so much on our wedding day. They provided a sense of calm amidst the frenzy of the day and really helped keep us on track time-wise. They were never intrusive and somehow managed to... Read More be right there when we needed them to snap a shot of friends/family during the reception. Plus the pictures are GORGEOUS!! I have already recommended them to friends with upcoming weddings. Melanie is already booked for one of them, but was gracious enough to provide a list of other photographers. YOU NEED THEM AS YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS. Seriously.

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Samantha W

Melanie was an absolute pleasure to work with!! Her personality and attention to detail was impeccable!! It was so nice to not worry the day of the wedding just from meeting Melanie at our engagement session and from texts and talking on the phone i had 100% confidence she would... Read More capture every memory we wanted. And I couldn't believe it when k saw the pictures that she by far exceeded my expectations!! our photos are absolutely beautiful!! Everyone I have shown is in complete amazement of just how perfectly she captured moments. I have already shared her info with many people, so you brides out there better book her quick! ;) Thanks again Melanie for being so fantastic, and capturing all the beautiful moments of our wedding that we will cherish forever <333

2015-06-15T22:36:11 Response from the vendor

Awww! Thank you so much, Sam! Heather and I were just together tonight and we were talking about how perfect your day was! We had so much fun! I'm so grateful for having the opportunity to work with you and to capture all of your... Read Less Read More

Wonderfully professional and perfect

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 April K

Melanie Grady is a wonderful photographer. So many aspects of her business intrigued my husband and I. When we met her for the first time, she showed us a full wedding album she had done. This was perfect for us to see because after that, we had a prefect idea of how she would... Read More document our wedding. She was a wonderful fit to what we imagined our wedding pictures to be. On my big day, Melanie arrived on time, she took beautiful "getting ready pictures" and she kept all of the bridal party calm yet on time. At the ceremony, her and her husband were like ninjas. I did not see them at all; they were not intrusive and yet got every perfect angle of each perfect moment. I was amazed! Throughout the rest of the day, Melanie and her husband kept us on schedule but never made us feel rushed. They made us laugh and took wonderful pictures. They were both troopers for our reception (which was in a barn on a 90 degree day). Somehow all of their pictures made each of our guests look perfect despite all the sweat from dancing all night! My husband and I and many of our guests were so pleased with their work. We would recommend Melanie Grady Photography to absolutely anyone who wants their wedding day to be captured through wonderful pictures. No special moment went un-photographed. Thank you Melanie for all of your hard work! We were blessed to have you capture our perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Kelsey P

Stop reading and just book Melanie. You won't regret it. Photography was important to me and I wanted someone who had a great eye for detail and creating beautiful compositions. I felt confident that Melanie was up to the task based on her work I saw online. And I'm happy to... Read More report from personal experience that she's everything we hoped for in a photographer and more! Melanie has a great eye for light (and I'll always now stick my chin out from now on like a turtle thanks to her). We planned our wedding out of town and only met her via phone before booking her for both our engagement shoot and wedding. I knew after our engagement shoot that we had definitely made the right choice! Melanie has a calming demeanor, is easy to work with, and made us look good! We just received some images from our wedding and they turned out beautifully and we've already received so many positive comments from family and friends.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Christine M

From the minute I met Melanie, I knew that I wanted her to photograph our engagement and wedding photographs. Melanie made me feel at ease, excited and confident that the photographs were going to be everything that my husband Rich and I dreamed of! Her studio is covered with... Read More photographs and albums to show you exactly what style photography she shoots. I went to college for art, so I was very picky when looking at photographers online, but the minute I saw Melanie’s photographs, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. Working with Melanie for our engagement photoshoot was as easy as can be. Rich and I were a little nervous, neither of us really like being the center of attention. Within five minutes we couldn’t stop laughing because Melanie made us feel so comfortable being in front of the camera. And let’s just say, the photos turned out better than I could ever imagine!!! I have an entire photo wall in my house just of our photos in the gorgeous cotton fields (ask her about this location because it is divine!) Come to our wedding day, and it was nothing short of perfection!! Melanie and her husband Josh made everyone in the wedding party comfortable, and kept us on time without feeling like we even had a schedule. By this point we were so at ease with Melanie and Josh that taking our couple photos were so much fun. At the reception Melanie and Josh just blended in with the crowd. I never noticed them taking photographs, but every time I wanted one taken with friends or family they were right there when I turned around. Getting to relive your wedding day over and over again is the best thing I can describe, but getting to relive it with such beautiful photographs is a blessing. I would recommend Melanie to every single one of my friends!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Danielle B

I heavily relied on reviews when choosing our vendors so I'm going to try to be as specific as possible about Melanie Grady photography, 1. Professionalism- Melanie showed up on time to all events, responded promptly to all inquiries, and overall just knew what she was doing in... Read More terms of the actual photographing/lighting/etc. to make things go smoothly 2. Day of- We were nervous because we hadn't met with Melanie prior to shooting our wedding & I didn't know if we (bride & groom) would be awkward when taking photos. Melanie made it as all seem so easy/flow nicely. We truly felt like we just got to be 'us' and enjoy the day. Melanie's assistant (Lizzie, I believe) was also great with our junior brides. They were getting a little restless during some photos and the assistant pulled them aside to do their own 'shoot' aka keep them busy- she was extremely helpful, and both of them just seemed to 'get it'. 3. Friendliness- I cannot tell you how well Melanie made everyone feel at ease throughout the whole process. She was always present taking photos yet wasn't obtrusive to anything that was happening. 4. Photos (end result)- we could not be more thrilled with the photo quantity or quality that Melanie provided us. We believe she captured the true essence of our day and got some genuine smiles from everyone Overall: professional, pleasant, and EXCELLENT quality work. Would recommend to everyone! If you are teetering on spending a bit more for a photographer, Melanie is DEFINITELY worth it.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Caroline D

Melanie is an AMAZING photographer! We loved having her capture our wedding day. She went above and beyond to make sure we got all the photo opps we wanted. Very artistic and very professional.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Allison L

Let me just start by saying, hands down, Melanie is AWESOME! And her work is beautiful. She is so sweet and down to earth that she becomes more than just your photographer, she becomes your friend! She is so easy and great to work with and truly cares about getting the perfect... Read More photos for you and what YOU want! Not only that, but you get to see all of your images within a few weeks after your wedding, where as other photographers take months and i would know bc several of my friends got married this year too and couldn't believe how fast i got to see ALL of my photos! So how can you beat someone who's super friendly and sweet, shoots clear, pristine, and amazing images, AND doesn't take forever to get those images to you? Exactly, you can't. I couldn't have asked for someone better than Melanie to capture the most important day of my life in pictures!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Kim W

Melanie was so lovely to work with! I put a lot of time into finding a photographer who would capture not just what our wedding looked like but also what it felt like, and I'm so happy I picked Melanie! She made it really easy to book her and make a plan for our day, and she... Read More also gave us lots of options to work within our budget. I also loved how quickly we were able to see our photos. The day after (yes, less than 24 hours) Melanie posted a selection of edited photos for us to see and share with everyone. After that it was just a couple weeks until we could see all the photos (we had hundreds of beautiful ones, I have no idea how we're going to choose which ones to frame). I would recommend Melanie to anyone, we loved working with her and we love the photos from our wedding. Five stars!

2017-05-30T23:04:09 Response from the vendor

Kim! You're so sweet! I had an amazing time getting to know you and Zach, and it was an absolute honor to capture your wedding day. You really had one of the most beautiful and most FUN weddings I've ever been to. xoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Narkeita P

Wow,where do I even began. Melanie exceeded my expectations as my photographer. She is such a joy to work with,she listens to what your vision is and adds her amazing eye and it turns out magical! She makes you feel so comfortable and is so professional. What more could you ask... Read More for. I love my photos and everyone else does too. Hands down she is simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Katherine W

The decision to use Melanie as our photographer to was an easy one. Right away we felt comfortable with Melanie because of her organized, professional, considerate, and easy to get along with attitude. We were also particularly drawn to her timeless approach to photography, and... Read More her incredible ability to capture emotion. Melanie’s talent and attention to detail brought out so many emotions as we looked through our wedding pictures, because not only did she capture the sweet and intimate moments, but she also captured the moments that made us laugh out loud. In addition to the beautiful pictures that I will treasure for a lifetime, Melanie also provided me with a stress free wedding day. Thanks to her incredible organization and her easygoing personality, this once stressed out bride got to fully enjoy her day with zero stress at all! What a blessing! Overall, I am beyond pleased with my decision to use Melanie as my wedding photographer and I would highly, highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rachel M

Melanie recently photographed my daughter's wedding in Columbia, TN. My daughter's wedding was beautiful, the most beautiful wedding and Melanie captured the essence of the wedding in her photos. Alisha and Adrian look like models from the pages of a magazine in their wedding... Read More portraits. I know my little girl could not be happier with how the pictures turned out and as a mom I am thankful she had Melanie to help her through the planning process. I live many states away from my daughter and I know she had great peace of mind with Melanie as her photographer.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kari O

All I can say is, I'm thrilled she travels for weddings! I traveled to my friend, Alisha's GORGEOUS wedding recently and can I say hands down the images on Melanie's blog of alisha's wedding are phenomenal. The natural light and the way she edits the photos are perfection. I am... Read More beyond impressed and think they're the most beautiful wedding photos ever!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Adrian H

My wife and I hired Melanie for our recent wedding. Her husband Josh hung out with us guys while Melanie did photos with the girls before hand, Josh was a great guy, fun to work with and my groomsmen and I liked having a guy to shoot pictures with us. My wife, Alisha could not... Read More be happier with her decision to hire Melanie. We both love our pictures. Thank you Melanie and Josh for making my bride so happy.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Niki M

We chose Melanie as our photographer because she had done such a great job with my friend's wedding. Having great pictures was really important to me and we were Not disappointed! Melanie went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and keep everything organized. She was... Read More even kind enough to take the time to help me with the day of timeline! Her and her husband made the day go so much more smoothly. They were very professional and helpful. I don't feel like there are enough words to do justice to how amazing she was. Our pictures came back quickly and were as fantastic as I hoped they would be. We love them so much! I think her photos really speak for themselves, but I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Carla R

Melanie just did my friend, Alisha's, wedding, and I can honestly say they were the BEST pics I have ever seen! I'm actually quite jealous that I didn't know her for my OWN wedding! Ha! She captured not only the moments, but even the MOOD of the wedding in her still shots.... Read More Truly perfection!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Alisha R

Melanie Grady is an artist, magician, fairy godmother maybe? She was the first vendor I booked for my recent October wedding and by far the best choice for my wedding second only to my Groom! She not only captured the most amazing moments from our wedding and provided us with... Read More amazing engagement photos... she went the extra mile by encouraging me through my wedding planning process, surprise messages in the mail and even zipped up my wedding dress and put my veil on me. I mean if that isn't a fairy godmother, I don't know what is! She was truly a blessing to me during the process of wedding planning and her GORGEOUS images will adorn the walls of our home for the rest of our life. Put your mind at ease and book Melanie Grady, I absolutely can promise she'll deliver photography magic!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Allison P

Melanie is amazing! I am not from Tennessee and was concerned about finding vendors out of my home state and without any referrals. Melanie made everything fun and easy from our first informational call. She was extremely informative and professional throughout my wedding... Read More planning. She went above and beyond to make everything special leading up to and on the day of. Not to mention, the photos turned out better than I could have imagined! She made the day look magical and I have received several comments that our pictures should be in a wedding magazine! Thanks Melanie :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Sheila A

Melanie is AMAZING! She did such a wonderful job with our engagement photo shoot. She made us feel relaxed, comfortable and cared for. Since we were new to the area, Melanie had location suggestions, and she was able to accommodate all of our requests. Our photos were ready in... Read More just a week, and she delivered beautiful shots that were able to capture our love story perfectly. Our personalities came through and Melanie is a whiz with posing and lighting, making even the most staged photos look natural. We received over 100 edited photos, with a link to download our favorites and share with our loved ones. She also has a great line of save the date cards and invitations to choose from. I would HIGHLY recommend Melanie for any photo shoot!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kim E

Melanie was the best!! Our engagement and wedding photos were perfect!! And she was so easy to get along with and to work with. She got our photos back to is quickly and they were everything I dreamed of!! Thank you Melanie for everything!!!

2016-10-07T11:06:15 Response from the vendor

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy that our paths crossed and I was able to capture all of your incredible wedding memories for you! I will never forget the brilliant rainbow and the portraits of you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sandra H

Absolutely the best wedding photographer! That might sound cliche or an exaggeration but it is 100% accurate. Melanie goes above and beyond to capture all of those "once in a lifetime moments" that you get to re-live every time you look at your images. She did an incredible job... Read More with my engagement, wedding photos and albums. Not only is Melanie great to work with but her quality of work and her attention to detail is superb! There were many aspects of my wedding day that made it one of the best days ever and having Melanie as our photographer is definitely at the top of the list.

2016-10-07T11:08:56 Response from the vendor

Hi Sandra!! Thank you so much for writing this review of your experience with me. Your wedding will always go down as one of the most elegant and timeless weddings I've ever shot... but also the most FUN I've ever had at a reception!! I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Paige H

Melanie truly is the most amazing engagement and wedding photographer! She was an absolute joy to work with and went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. At the last minute, Melanie was even able to find a second shooter for us when our wedding timeline got... Read More crunched. She captured so many beautiful images for our engagement pictures and on our wedding days. Our family and friends were so complimentary of her work! Melanie was our absolute favorite wedding vendor to work with and you'll not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

I can't say enough about Melanie both personally and professionally. She did such an amazing job and fit seamlessly into our crazy day. Her eye for the intimate detail is truly unique and the emotion that she is able to capture brings the photographs to life and gives them... Read More "feeling". I am amazed each time I review our collection and the only downside is trying to choose a few favorites in all that she captured! We told Melanie exactly what we were looking for and a budget we were working in. She overdelivered on both the quantity and quality. From the planning and prep through the event and follow up, Melanie is a true professional with the ability to personally connect with her clients. Not only do I recommend Melanie but I look forward to working with her on future family sessions. Book her for piece of mind and trust her with your beautiful memories.

Amazing Engagement/Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Megan C

Melanie's work is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend booking her - she was probably my favorite vendor I worked with! We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her and she makes both of those so easy. Melanie and her husband were awesome to work with on the... Read More day of the wedding - they are such awesome people to be around for the day and the pictures turned out better than I even imagined. She is so talented, we could not be happier!

Beautiful Wedding Day Photos!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Diana T

I found a few of Melanie's images in a Pittsburgh Weddings magazine feature, and upon looking her up, was really impressed by her ability to capture the emotions and people involved in the wedding day (in my opinion, the most important aspect!). Melanie delivered exactly this... Read More for us; she and Josh perfectly captured our day, and our images are absolutely beautiful. From my first email, Melanie was very responsive throughout the entire planning process, and before the wedding she took the time to sit down with us and walk through every minute of the day. It was very important to us that we attended our cocktail hour, so Melanie created a minute-by-minute schedule to ensure we finished our portraits in time to join our friends and family. We really enjoyed working with Melanie and are so very happy with our images!

Melanie Grady

I was an aspiring photographer in the dark room during my high school years. After earning a business degree and working a few years in corporate America, I re-connected with my long lost love of the art of photography and began to re-learn all of the technical aspects, as well as study the art of portrait and photojournalistic photography. I&#39;ve been a wedding photographer for 5 years now and have been published in print and online both locally and nationally. I&#39;ve studied with world renown wedding photographers and hope to be yours! :) Oh, and I&#39;m also happily married, &amp; a mother of two!