Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists

Santa Cruz, CA (831) 251-0427

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Amber B

Melissa and Sarah came to my wedding venue to do hair and make up for me, my 5 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and my Mother. They did an amazing job!! They arrived right on time, were extremely professional and put me immediately at ease. They did an amazing job, I've never felt... Read More more beautiful and glamorous in my life and all of my bridesmaids and my Mother looked AMAZING! I am definitely going to use them again and can't say enough how pleased I am with their service!!

simply the best.

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Canadce G

Melissa is out of this world talented. She's been a friend of mine since our early elementary school days, and it was pure joy to have her apart of our day. Her hands work magic seamlessly.. from a girl who doesn't wear much makeup or do much with my hair, she took my natural... Read More style, added a little twist and wahlah; made me feel beautiful, natural and completely myself. I received numerous compliments throughout the evening - I will sing her praises forever. She is timely, organized, detailed, efficient and the happiest hair/makeup artist you'll ever come across. Our wedding day was perfect in every way and thanks to Melissa, it got started on the right foot! Trust me, you won't be disappointed in being in the hands of Melissa Marie.

2013-10-02T12:30:10 Response from the vendor

Thank You Candace, I was honored to be a part of your special day. You were glowing and so beautiful. I cant wait to see all of the photos. One of my favorite styles this season.

Friendly, talented and professional

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Kalina M

Melissa has done my hair on numerous special occasions and I'm always thrilled with the outcome! She's prompt and professional. She has great suggestions when you're unsure of what style to do. I'm a fan- you should be too! Book with Melissa!

2013-10-02T12:34:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kalina. It's always a great time trying new fun styles out of you. I have some spring 2014 fashion week ideas in mined for you.

Melissa is fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Sarah C

Melissa did my hair, as well as both the MOB and MOG and 3 bridesmaids for our wedding last summer. Everyone's hair looked natural and elegant. She is professional, talented, reasonably priced and fun! I highly recommend Melissa for any bride!

2013-10-02T12:37:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah. It was so much fun working with you and your party. You looked so beautiful and I hope you husband loved it too. Can't wait to see the photos.

Great Hair

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Tara D

Melissa Marie was amazing! I felt like she was there for me every step of the way. I really appreciated her professionalism, she showed up on time prepared to work and went above and beyond to appease us all. Would highly recommend her! I felt like we had a couple challenging... Read More styles, but for her it was no problem.

2013-10-02T12:42:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tara. You were a gorgeous bride and a pleasure to work with.

Bride to mama to be

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Vanessa W

I had the pleasure of meeting Melissa at a bridal fair and fell in love with not only her personality but her beautiful work. I booked a trial with her and really left it up to her to decide what would look good with my dress and my hair piece. I knew I was in great hands... Read More leaving this responsibility up to her. When she was done she showed me my hair and I was in tears because it was even more beautiful than I could gave imagined. My dress was all lace and had a very beautiful open back to it, so she diced to curl it and pin it up in a low bun off to the side. It was very soft and romantic looking which was exactly what I had hoped for. So obviously I hired her for the big day!!! Hair lasted all day and even in to the next, it was perfect! She was very professional, punctual, and was worth every penny!!! I loved Melissa and my hair for my wedding so much that 3 years later I hired her to do my hair for my "breakfast at Tiffany's" themed baby shower. I looked and felt just like Holly Golitely!! Thanks Melissa for being in all these big moments in my life!!

2013-10-02T12:40:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Vanessa. It was so much fun going back to the classic French Twist and a great challenge with all you hair. Both days were so much fun and you always look beautiful. Sophia's hair is next:)

Such a Talent!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Rachael M

After reading the great reviews, I chose Melissa to do my hair for my wedding. I was not disappointed! She is so sweet, professional and friendly. Going into my trial appointment, I was anxious about getting the look I wanted, but Melissa totally understood my vision and put me... Read More at ease. I had a great time working with her and would definitely recommend her to anyone else! She is so talented and I will continue to get my hair done with her in the future!

2013-10-02T12:43:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel. You and your party were so nice to work with and looked amazing.

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Cathryn M

I was very nervous finding a hair stylist and make up artist through the internet for my wedding. I'm new to San Francisco and there are almost too many choices to decide who to go with. A girl friend referred me to Melissa Marie. She was very prompt with getting back to me... Read More and was very professional through our emails. I booked a trial and was very please at how she was able to create my vision and make me feel like a beautiful bride to be. On my special day I felt at ease knowing I was in good hands. Melissa really has a great eye for style and every detail. I felt like a princess that day! I got SO many compliments on my hair and make up and my photos turned perfectly! I highly recommend Melissa Marie for your wedding day. She is so nice to work with will make you feel amazing.

2013-09-23T13:39:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Cat! You were so much fun to work with. Jake is a lucky man.

Always a Bridesmaid

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Tamara (Tami) C

I have had the honor of serving as a bridesmaid in 7 different weddings. I have experienced a wide range of hairstylists and make-up artists and I can say without a doubt that Melissa is the best hairstylist I have had the pleasure of working with. My sister first hired her... Read More and one other woman to style her entire wedding party seven years ago. Unfortunately, the first attempt at my hair was by the other woman hired that day and it didn't go well. Lucky for me, Melissa was there to fix it! She is really great at tuning in to your personality and the look you want to achieve. If you're open to it, she will also offer suggestions that she, in her infinite wisdom and experience, knows will work well with your hair. Since that first wedding seven years ago, I have been going to Melissa for my hair on a regular basis. She has also done hair for the bride and entire wedding party at my brother and sister-in-law's wedding more recently. She did a phenomenal job at making the bride and all of the wedding party look incredible. I have never seen my sister-in-law look more glamorous and beautiful and she also gave me my all-time favorite hair style that day. I wish I could afford to hire her as my personal hair stylist! Melissa really knows what she is doing. She has her finger on the pulse of the fashion trends and has mastered modern and contemporary looks as well as very glamorous, vintage, retro and traditional looks. I highly recommend her as a very reliable and talented stylist.

2013-09-23T13:45:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet review Tami. & you are a beautiful, fun bridesmaid.

Melissa is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Kami C

Melissa has been doing my hair for over 10 years. I have very thick unruly hair but she easily handles it and makes me feel like a million dollars. I had the honor of her doing my hair for my wedding day which was beyond what I ever excepted. I have referred her to several... Read More friends and family members who have all loved her work. She is reliable, professional, on time and has great ideas. She follows the trends but can easily do a traditional style as well. I highly recommend Melissa for your wedding day. She will NOT disappoint.

2013-09-23T13:47:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kami, I hope your new color is making you feel like a million dollars. It's been a fun 10 years.

Amazing hair for my wedding day

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 sarah m

Melissa is so sweet and professional. She is one of the most talented hair stylist I have met and was more then accommodating to me and my large bridal party the day of my wedding. She put in the most gorgeous extensions in my hair and you could not tell the extensions from my... Read More real hair. I felt amazing on my wedding day and I have been going to her ever since. I highly highly recommend Melissa for hair.

2013-10-02T12:45:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah. Not only did you look amazing; you were one of the funniest brides. I had such a great time working with you and your party.

BEST OF THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Vanessa S

Melissa is an amazing, professional stylist!! She has been doing my hair for 10+ years and never have I been disappointed! She knows every style and delivers what you want perfectly. I have THICK, CURLY hair and she knows exactly what to do with it EVERY time I see her. She... Read More recently just did my hair for my wedding and I could not have been more happier with the results. We all know that what you look like on your big day is the most important thing and I knew I would be in excellent hands with Melissa. Not only did she do my hair but also airbrushed my makeup and it was FLAWLESS! I was the happiest bride all thanks to Melissa Marie Hair!! I would recommend her to anyone for any event!! :)

2013-10-02T12:46:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Vanessa. You looked amazing and were so nice to work with

Go to Melissa!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Brittney S

Melissa did an amazing job on my bridesmaids and myself (bride). She was very professional but fun to be around. She definitely helped make my wedding day a special day. I highly recommend her. You will love her!

2013-10-02T12:50:32 Response from the vendor

felt like a goddess

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Susan P

Not only was Melissa timely, professional, fun and lovely, she listened to everything I said and turned a photo out of a magazine into me! I had done a trial run with another stylist and not liked the experience or outcome. I did a trial with Melissa and figured out how I needed... Read More to cut and color my hair to achieve the look I wanted. The result was I got huge compliments on my hair (not your normal updo) and best of all my groom thought it was stunning. I would work with her again in a heartbeat, and you should, too. In this market when you add "wedding" to the front of anything and suddenly the price goes way up, Melissa is very reasonable.

2013-10-02T12:54:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Susan for such a nice review. Sarah and I still talk about our season starting out so great because of you. You were such a dream bride to work with and truly did look like goddess, so beautiful.