Melissa Tardiff Dvorak, Harpist

Harpist Melissa Dvorak's music adds a touch of sophistication to any event. With years of experience performing for hundreds of weddings, parties and other special events, Melissa caters to your musical wishes to provide the lavish and elegant atmosphere you've been dreaming about for your special day .Although classically trained, Melissa is just as comfortable performing in pop, jazz and contemporary settings. Everything from Beethoven to The Beatles to Beyonce is possible on the harp, so let your imagination soar!

Instruments

Cello, Flute, Harp, Violin

Classical, Folk, Pop

Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 M P

Melissa was truly amazing! We booked her to perform at our cocktail hour and we're so happy that we found her. She was extremely easy to work with, we exchanged a couple of emails with details of our wedding- months before the big day. On our wedding day, Melissa was prompt,... Read More super professional and her performance was everything! Our guests are still raving about her!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Elyse T

I always dreamt of having a harpist on my wedding day and my dream finally came true! Having Melissa played at our ceremony and dessert reception definitely added a touch to our wedding! Melissa was so friendly and easy to work with. She also kept us on track during the planning... Read More phase! She played so beautifully on our wedding. We are just so glad to have Melissa played on our wedding day!

Professional and talented!

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 Kim T

I opted for a duo (cellist and harp) and they were both fantastic! Right from the beginning Melissa was very professional. Her responses were always timely and detailed (I planned the wedding in 3 months so time was extremely valuable). They arrived at the venue early (always a... Read More plus), played all the songs I had requested, and gave my ceremony that extra touch of awesome. She's professional, prompt, and talented. I want to host another event just to hire her again!

Fantastic duo!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Charone T

Melissa and her violinist were fantastic!! She was very accommodating even though there were a few ceremony mishaps. Her team played all of my requests at the right times and she was very professional! I would choose her again and again!

Amazing...

Reviewed on 1/19/2011 Tirza N

Melissa played at our wedding reception and was amazing. She was so professional and easy to work with.

Awesome harpist!

Reviewed on 11/21/2010 Whitney h

Melissa was fabulous! She worked with me on the ceremony music and gave me great recommendations about what songs to pick for which parts of the ceremony. I would definitely recommend her....It was a beautiful ceremony and the music was perfect!

Melissa is wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Cheryl K

Melissa's music was a beatiful addition to our wedding ceremony. She is so easy to work with. She was always quick to respond to e-mails and was very accommodating when we asked to have special music selections played.

Great to work with, beautiful music

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Caroline S

Melissa was wonderful to work with! She was responsive, professional and a wonderful musician. She played for our ceremony and then for the cocktail hour. She played some traditional classical music but also Lady Gaga and the theme to Star Trek. I highly recommend her!

Melissa Dvorak

Melissa Dvorak enjoys a vibrant and exciting career as busy harp soloist, chamber musician, anorchestral player and harp instructor. Her rich and varied orchestral experience has given her the opportunity to perform with the Baltimore Symphony, Washington National Opera, Fairfax Symphony, Alexandria Symphony, Maryland Symphony, the National Philharmonic, the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra, The Royal Ballet, the Marininsky Ballet, US Air Force Band and the American Pops Festival Orchestra. In 2016 she had the distinct honor to perform for Pope Francis.