Charleston's Best Boudoir Photography Experience

mellBella Photography is a Charleston, South Carolina boudoir photography studio. Owners and photographers, Mell Bell and Wanda, are BFFs and have a created the mellBella Boudoir Experience that goes beyond a regular photo session and brings it to the next level of classy, beautiful, and fashion inspired photography. With every mellBella session, our all-female professional team provides hair and makeup styling, photography, style consulting, and expert model posing. We guide you through every step of the way and show you how to pose. We like to get a variety of expressions throughout your session because laughing is sexy, smiling is sexy, subtle is sexy, smolder is sexy, etc. Best. Groom's. Gift. Ever! For yourself and your spouse.

$$$$ – Expensive

Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo

672 Marina Drive, Charleston, SC (843) 767-6888

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Heather V

Mell Bell and Wanda couldn't be more perfect for each other or the perfect people to hire for this kind of photography! They are the dynamic duo, they know what each other is thinking and create the most amazing pictures. I was hesitant at first to book this type of photoshoot,... Read More but knew that my fiancé would love it (I gave him a book of photographs for his wedding present). Immediately when I got there, everyone in the studio made me feel extremely comfortable. They helped me pick out the outfits they thought would be great for the shots and then helped me accessorize as well. When I tell you they make magic in that studio I am not kidding. You feel kinda silly when you are doing all these upside-down poses but then when you see the finished product you are like holy bleeeeppp I look HOT! I have never felt more beautiful, feminine, sexy, photogenic or any of these amazing feelings before I did this shoot with them. Their work truly speaks for itself and then those of us who have had the pleasure of working with them ( worked with Wanda twice now) can speak to even more of their amazing talent! Book this for yourself right now, it may be a gift for someone else but I promise you when you get finished, it will also be a gift for yourself! Mell Bella photography, is the end all be all, these ladies are super professional, will make you laugh and will make you feel like the sexiest woman alive! I loved the entire experience and would do it again and again! Do not book with any other photographer in this area you are making a mistake if you don't book with Mell Bella!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Elisabeth R

I can not talk to people enough about this experience. I had the most amazing opportunity to work with Mell and Wanda on my first ever boudoir shoot. I was so nervous going in because I had no idea what to expect. They immediately made me feel at home as they hve me the tour of... Read More the studio. Then they took me to a beautiful dressing room (every girl's dream!). As I sipped my champagne I tried on different pieces to see what felt best. As soon as the shoot began I knew this was going to be an adventure. The following hours were filled with laughter and stories and just plain fun!! I didn't even think about being half naked anymore! I hated it when they said "that's it". I could have spent the entire day with those two! What I wasn't prepared for was the photo viewing the coming weeks ahead. When I returned to the studio I walked in to find a giant photo of me on their large flat screen. My knees were weak and I had tears welling in my eyes .i couldn't believe that was me. My husband, as he picked his jaw up off the floor, whispered to me..."they caught you, that's what I see every day" Sometimes as women, moms, working women..we forget or are unable to see the natural beauty that we hold. When you are able to step out and look in, it's amazing what you will see. The wrinkled and grey hair disappeared. The insecurities and criticism seemed pointless. I saw beauty, class, strength, and even sexy!! I had no idea that's what I looked like. I walked a little taller after that day. I truly believe that every woman should have a photo shoot with these two professional, Talented, and spectacular women. It will change the way you see yourself and completely boost your confidence. Everyone deserves that!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Stephanie T

Best. Thing. Ever!! I first used mellBella during my bachelorette weekend to Charleston (great idea...they do private group sessions!!) as my groom's gift for my wedding. Having lost a considerable amount of weight and still not feeling very good about myself or my new body, I... Read More was hesitant and anxious about doing the shoot. How do I pose and not look ridiculous? Will my pictures even turn out okay? But let me tell you, Mell and Wanda made me (and all my bridesmaids) feel like a million bucks! We left that day feeling empowered and like the strong confident women we are. And those photos...they made me look like a Victoria's Secret model! (And let me tell you, I am no model.) After returning home and showing my coworkers some of the resulting shots, they loved them so much we booked another group session later that year! Once again, Mell and Wanda were the perfectly-likable, put-you-at-ease, have-fun-and-look-sexy-while-doing-it rockstar photographers they are and we had a blast. You know it's worth it when I drove 9-hours from DC twice to do it! I ended up with two beautiful photo albums out of my experience (which my husband adores) , but the best perk of doing a mellBella shoot is gaining confidence in myself as a woman. As an added bonus, I was able to see my friends and family, from all backgrounds and across all age groups, leave those sessions feeling beautiful, empowered, and like they can take on the world. If you're debating doing a boudoir shoot, I highly recommend doing it. But if you're looking for the best in the business, you have to go with mellBella.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Kelsey H

This experience was so incredible and even better than I ever thought! For such an intimate event, they made me feel so comfortable in my own skin and the pictures turned out amazing! Totally worth it!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Galina K

I was hesitant about booking, but it was the best decision! They made me feel so beautiful, and it was a lot of fun too!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Diana D

I would recommend MellBella to anyone, it was truly an amazing experience and I am so glad I did it. Both Mell and Rhonda were extremely professional and made you feel so comfortable from the get go. I cannot wait to give this gift to my future husband!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Liz J

I had such an amazing experience with Mell and Wanda. They were so much fun, made me feel so comfortable, took some amazing pictures. They exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Corissa S

My husband found mellBella online and by reading all the reviews and seeing their work, we took the chance to drive 2hrs away from where we live to get a Pinup session done. The drive was definitely worth it, they were amazing! Mell guided me through poses and Wanda caught every... Read More moment. I was shy at first, but with every pose and every picture, the more comfortable I felt. They made me feel like it was just another day hanging out with the girls. Amazing team! I definitely will go back to them in the future. Although I'm already married and went for a Pinup session, all their photos are great and seeing what they can do, posted online, is what got me reeled in. Take a chance! You'll love your photos!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Lauren L

I had so much fun during the shoot! Mell Bell & Wanda were the perfect team - coaching and keeping me laughing and having a great time the whole way through! The photos and book I ordered were perfect. I was nervous about choosing favorites to go into the book, but the process... Read More was so easy and fun! I would recommend them for anyone. It's definitely worth the money.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jessica E

They were very kind and knew how to make a nervous bride feel comfortable. They made me feel amazing afterwards. The pictures turned out amazing and I'm sure I'll use them again for other special occasions.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Jamie C

Mell Bell and Wanda were amazing! They made me feel so comfortable and helped me get the pictures I wanted! I was nervous at first, but after getting started they made me feel great! The shots came out amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017

One of the greatest experiences EVER! Wanda and Mell are amazing. From the moment I walked in, nervous as anything, until receiving my final gift for my husband, they were fun, witty, hysterical, creative. They are professional and my album is phenomenal. Sarah, who did my... Read More hair and makeup knew just the look for me, a glammed up version of me. Once my shoot started, Wanda and Mell made me feel comfortable and walked me through how to pose. I couldn't believe the pictures they showed me on the camera were really me. I was blown away. We laughed the whole time. When I came back to view my pictures a week later, I was overwhelmed. They made me feel and look sexy and beautiful. I would highly recommend booking with Wanda and Mell, they made everything perfect! My husband loves his gift!. Thanks Wanda and Mell for everything!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Brittany Z

Loved working with Wanda and Mell Bell! I was a little nervous going into this kind of photo shoot, but they immediately made me feel at ease. I am so happy with how the photos turned out, and I cannot wait to give the photo album to my husband! He's going to love it! I would... Read More definitely recommend booking these guys. They are the absolute best! This is my fourth time working with Wanda if that tells you how awesome she is at photography.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Anna B

Mell Bell and Wanda are two of the most encouraging and delightful women I have ever met! They made me feel so comfortable throughout the entire shoot and I can't rave enough about the amazing pictures they captured! They were sexy, fun, and flirty, exactly what I wanted it to... Read More be to give to my husband right before the wedding! They even got the book in right on time, which seemed impossible! I would recommend this service to anyone who wants to feel beautiful, for themselves or for their significant other. I can't wait to do another one! Thank you ladies!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 MK Y

I couldn't have been happier with my experience! It was a joy to work with these two lovely ladies. They make you feel beautiful, and they photos were amazing. : )

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jataura W

Best decision ever. I was nervous about taking boudoir pictures because I had self esteem issues in the past. However, after my MelBella shoot I left with such a boost in confidence. Wanda and Mell are encouraging, funny, posing experts, and loving. I gave my husband the boudoir... Read More book as a gift during our honeymoon. Needless to say, he loved it ;). Thanks Wanda and Mell for showing sharing your passion. Y'all are beautiful rock stars!! Love and miss y'all!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jachelle G

They are fantastic they do a great job and made me feel comfortable they were professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in having quality photographs that their husband or significant other would love

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole R

Mell Bell and Wanda are the best! I wanted to do something special for my husband-to-be and had already chosen Mell Bell for my wedding photos, so I decided to give the Boudoir session a shot. I had put on some weight recently and was feeling very self-conscious about the whole... Read More thing, but as soon as I arrived at the studio, my concerns were laid to rest. Mell Bell and Wanda took their time and sat down to talk with me before ever picking up a camera. Because of the personal care they took with me, I not only felt more comfortable, but I confidently enjoyed the whole experience. The finished photos were incredible - artistic, sexy, and better than I could have imagined. I have recommended and will continue to highly recommend MellBella Boudoir & PinUp Photography to anyone seeking this type of service. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Caroline G

Mell and Wanda are so amazing! The experience from beginning to end was wonderful. This was a 5 year anniversary gift for my husband. I've never done anything like this before so I was a little nervous. Mell and Wanda made me feel comfortable and relaxed the entire time. By the... Read More time we were finished, I didn't want to leave! I've never felt so beautiful and confident! The best part was watching my husband open his gift to find a photo album of all my pictures. I highly recommend the MellBella girls to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Whitney T

The Mell Bella experience is the best gift I could've ever given my husband as well as myself. Mell and Wanda are THE dream team when it comes to boudoir, pinup, and feminine photography. They went above and beyond to make sure my entire experience – before, during, and after... Read More the photo shoot – was perfect. From professional hair and make up, to a treasure trove of accessories, to flawless step-by-step poses, to an elegant, exquisite picture album of masterpieces. MellBella allowed me to see myself in a way I never could have imagined.... sexy, beautiful, and confident. If you are on the fence about doing any kind of boudoir or pinup or feminine photos that will last a lifetime, let the pictures speak for themselves. Is it worth it? Every. Single. Penny.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sophia H

I'm a writer and I don't have the words to express how much I love mellBella!! Mel and Wanda (and Cecilee & Sarah) made me feel amazing during my shoot. I have always been a bit shy/awkward/intimitaded around cameras. Mel and Wanda had me walking around in barely any clothes... Read More like I did it in front of people everyday. They are funny, encouraging and kind. It's not fake or forced. Within minutes I felt like I was talking to friends I'd know for years. And the results?? Amazing. Gorgeous, natural beauty shows. Their goal is to make women feel beautiful at any age and and stage and they deliver! I was blown away by what they captured. I didn't think it was me. Except, I did and it was life changing. I walk taller and have more confidence. Just because I don't walk around in lingerie and full make up every day doesn't mean I can't! :) The entire experience was empowering and fun. I can't wait for my next shoot!! <3

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amy C

Mell and Wanda are amazing at what they do. If you want to feel beautiful and sexy, then you can't do any better than MellBella. They are patient, fun, and a joy to work with. Their end products are of yet highest quality and will be enjoyed for a long time. I recommend them... Read More to anyone who asks!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Alisha S

First off, I am not a very body confident person, and as I was approaching my wedding, the confidence was getting worse. But I decided to use mellBella Boudoir to create a piece of art as a present for my groom anyway. Not only did Mell and Wanda talk me through the photo... Read More session and make my body look amazing, they instilled some extra needed confidence right before my big day. Those two made a potentially awkward situation into one of the best, most body empowering experiences I've ever had. I'm so glad I decided to go through with the photo shoot, and I encourage every woman to discover just how beautiful you can be with the help of mellBella Boudoir &a PinUp Photography.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jackie F

One of the best experiences I have done. I was very unsure of what to expect when I first arrived at mellBella BUT Wanda and Mell made me feel completely at ease from the very first minute. They treated me like they had known me for years but also took the time to understand how... Read More I was feeling. During the photoshoot, I felt like I was with my girlfriends having a fun afternoon filled with laughs and inside jokes. Once it was time to view my pictures, wow is the only word I could use to describe everything I was feeling. The Pictures: Wow. My Personal View of Myself: Wow. The Quality: Wow. My Boby: Wow...and I am not a size 2! Thank you Wanda and Mell for showing me how I truly look! WOW!

Mell Bell and Wanda

A sister company of the acclaimed Charleston studio Richard Bell Photography, mellBella specializes in women’s photography, especially boudoir, pinup and feminine fine art. Over the years we’ve been perfecting boudoir photography, pioneering retro pinup shoots, experimented with fine art styled sessions in our 2000 sq ft. studio with salon and private boudoir dressing room and dozens of sets and concepts. We love coaching our clients on a journey from from self conscious to confident, from embarrassed to empowered. You are beautiful, and we can prove it to you.