"Men In Black" Wedding Officiants

Serving DE/MD/PA/NJ/VA/DC & Beaches

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Serving DE/MD/PA/NJ/VA/DC & Beaches, LEWES , DE Serving DE/MD/PA/NJ/VA/DC & Beaches (302) 945-6903

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Mike K

Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the Men in Black. My wife and I had a destination wedding planned. A month before the wedding we were given devastating news that my mother in law had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. We had to cancel our wedding and focus... Read More on her health. After starting treatments we were advised to get married ASAP from her doctors because of the uncertainty of her health. We were able to schedule around her chemotherapy 2 months out. Now we had re-plan everything in that short period of time. I reached out to many wedding officiants trying to find someone who was reasonably priced and had great reviews. After talking to MIB and they heard our situation there was no doubt that we were going to use them. These men went completely out of their way to help us. They gave us so much useful information and checklist to help plan everything. Whenever we had questions they answered quickly. On our wedding day 1/6/18 they drove 3+ hours through a snow blizzard to our wedding and they did not disappoint. The delivered a beautiful message during our ceremony. They were professional but at the same time they said appropriate jokes along the way. During the reception they were very friendly and talked with many of guests. Everyone loved them. I can’t say enough positive things about them. If you are in need of a wedding officiant MIB are the way to go.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Alexa G

The Men in Black were the perfect officiants for our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. In the build up to the wedding they were helpful and informative and always available to communicate with if needed. They were professional prepared and accommodating... Read More from the moment they arrived at the wedding. Best of all both of the guys are so personable, calming, funny and helpful. They helped us through our ceremony with expertise whilst also maintaining the flow and feeling of the ceremony. The Men in Black helped us enjoy the day.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Caitlyn G

Kenneth and Michael were awesome! My wife and I couldn't be happier that we decided to chose the Men in Black Wedding Officiants for our big day! I would recommend them for others moving forwards!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kristy O

These gentlemen all but ruined our big day. Since speaking publicly on this matter I’ve had numerous others reach out to me directly to tell me theyve experienced similar situations with this pair. They shoved me (the bride) down the aisle instead of a cue. Grabbed the... Read More groomsmans behinds. Made sexist comments to the bridesmaids. They also said the WRONG NAME for the groom numberous times during the ceremony. They did not follow the script my husband and I wrote for them, went way off with add ins we specifically asked them not to read. Causing the ceremony to go over and the sun to set, simply meaning we didn’t get all of the photos we should have because we lost precious time due to them doing as they pleased on our special day. They even warned the bestman prior the ceremony that they had thugs they wanted to add in and they didn’t care if the bride and groom liked it or not. The two of them also made very inappropriate comments to a LOT of our guests. Made people extremely uncomfortable. Double fisting alcoholic beverages and chain smoking all night until the last guests were leaving. This was a nightmare experience and I’d avoid having these guys at any meaningful event moving forward. I did reach out to them to express my upset with them. They were defensive and insistent that “everyone loved us and told us how great everything was” when that’s not the story we got. They only defended their poor actions.

2017-10-22T11:28:43 Response from the vendor

We appreciate getting feedback. However, we disagree with the comments made in this review posted on The Knot or elsewhere regarding our persons, activity, or any alleged remarks made about our comments. Our usual and customary process is to always have interaction and communication, with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Brittany P

Despite being five months since our wedding (wow, time flies!), it is still crystal clear to me exactly how important our choice to have Men In Black Officiants was to our wedding day. Finding an officiant was one of the most difficult challenges in the planning process -... Read More between balancing various expectations - our desire to be married in the venue of our choice, while finding a good fit for us personality-wise, and of course appeasing the families too… Deacon Warne and Bishop Carroll were the absolute perfect choice. From the beginning, their flexibility with pricing and willingness to help us make the most our limited budget truly set them apart. Throughout the planning process, they offered a variety of information and assistance beyond the ceremony itself, including everything from what the best sound system would be without being intrusive, to suggested etiquette for areas we had questions in, and more. They even helped us write our vows and choose our readings to make the ceremony one of a kind, and representative of us as a couple. During the ceremony itself, Deacon Warne and Bishop Carroll worked as a seamless team. They were the perfect balance of serious and funny (a tone we appreciated). They even helped calm me when emotions threatened to get the best of me during our vows. During the reception, they both sat with our family and were an absolute hit! Even my somewhat difficult to please grandfather loved them both - they had their whole table laughing. I will forever be grateful to the twist of fate that allowed me to stumble upon the Men in Black page, and to Deacon Warne and Bishop Carroll for giving us the most perfect, meaningful, and unique start to our officially married life together. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Debbie P

We found Men In Black to be easy to work with, highly responsible, and provided us with ample information and guidance in preparation for our wedding. The ceremony was exactly as we planned it and they provided an excellent balance of professionalism, spirituality, and humor. We... Read More would highly recommend Men In Black for your wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Jon C

We can't express our gratitude enough for the great job done by Kenneth and Michael during our wedding ceremony this past Saturday. It was the perfect mix of funny and poignant moments and our guests were blown away by how good it was. Kenneth and Michael put a lot of hard work... Read More into making sure the ceremony goes according to plan and have a lot of great ideas on how to make your special day the best it possibly can be. If you book Men in Black officiants, you will not be disappointed! Thank you for everything Kenneth and Michael! Jon and Kelly Caplan

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

When tragedy hit our family and our “perfect” destination wedding was no longer possible, the Men in Black brought joy and hope into a not so perfect situation. Within hours, they agreed to marry us and provided the most incredible ceremony I could have ever hoped for. They... Read More were sensitive to our loss of loved ones as well as encouraging and excited for our new beginning. They even found a way for our two year old to feel part of the ceremony. I am forever grateful that Michael and Ken provided us a beautiful “not-so planned-for” but perfect beginning to our marriage in the midst of some really rough times. Steve and Michelle, June 21, 2017

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Brittany C

Ken & Michael were great! They were very helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. They send lots of helpful information. They were in touch the day before the wedding to check in and go over last minute details. They also made sure I was ok before walking down the... Read More aisle. The ceremony was wonderful, and Michael made it special while adding humor to get everyone laughing. Our guests loved them both! I would definitely recommend if you want a memorable wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jay E

Indeed, getting married can be both a happy and stressful event, but thanks to the Men In Black Wedding Officiants (MIBWO), marriage was all happy! We had reached out initially to MIBWO through online search, and immediately they got back to us. What was particularly... Read More impressive was that we made initial contact roughly 3 months before the wedding, and they were very flexible in fitting us into their schedule easily and without rush. MIBWO gave us the choice ahead of time whether we agreed to receive a plethora of email advice on wedding vendor choices, etiquette, things to remember, etc.; and we are glad we said yes because the info helped. We no longer needed to hire a separate wedding planner! Both Bishop Michael and Deacon Ken were fun to meet in our first face-to-face while, at the same time, addressed questions about submitting the marriage license form. Sure, both held all the theological credentials, yet they made us feel more comfortable with their earthliness and good humor. This humor even carried over to the actual wedding ceremony in which they added some unexpected tongue-in-cheek ad-lib to our wedding script. Everyone loved it! We are sorry that MIBWO could not join our reception as they were in high demand that day to officiate other weddings, but we’ll invite them to the next one….LOL! -Jay & Rick

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Karen O

Ken and Michael were fantastic. We were planning our wedding remotely which was stressful because we could not meet our officiants in person before the event. Ken and Michael made this process easier by being extremely responsive and understanding. They tailored the ceremony... Read More to our exact wishes, added some humor and helped make our day perfect. Everyone loved our ceremony and the MIBWO!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 elena p

Ken and Michael were amazing! I was planning the whole wedding in only 3 month so I think I've found Men in Black only 2 month before our date. They were extremely helpful and patient with our responses and helped to create a very special and beautiful ceremony. They've made us... Read More feel as comfortable as we could be on our wedding day, even though the groom was almost an hour late and we didn't rehearse anything. We are extremely happy with how nice everything turned out, thanks to the Men in Black! They've also joined us at the reception dinner and our guests were very pleased to spend some time and talk to them. We highly recommend Men in Black, these guys are true professionals and are such a pleasure to work with! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Louise F

We were married in October 2016 by the Men in Black Wedding Officiants and I can say without hesitation that our ceremony was amazing thanks to Michael and Ken's expertise, personalities, and their visible joy in officiating. Ken and Michael are true professionals yet they are... Read More also extraordinarily fun! Our ceremony was filled with just the right blend of tradition, attention, humor, and romance. Upon meeting Ken and Michael for the first time we knew they were the right fit for us and for our ceremony. So many of our family members and guests remarked on how much they loved Michael and Ken. They not only immersed themselves in our ceremony but they immersed themselves into our reception and family. They celebrated right along with us by taking selfies, dancing, eating, and drinking. They made our day extra special. We would recommend Men in Black Wedding Officiants to anyone needing an officiant. They are truly "the best". Louise and Todd Forney

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Ashley M

I was married this past weekend by Michael and Ken and I can't believe I was lucky enough to find these two amazing souls. I first met them at my rehersal dinner where their infectious personalities instantly made me feel like I had known them for years and years. Both of them... Read More instantly clicked with my entire family and husband. We talked the whole ride home about how amazing they were. The actual wedding ceremony could not have been more perfect. Ken and Michael have a way of making couples feel so at ease! They rocked our ceremony and made it sweet, yet humorous. They were able to read my husband and I like a book and they knew exactly how to make our ceremony perfect for us. I would recommend Ken and Michael a thousand times with the highest regard. My family and I could never thank them enough for their dedication to us, attention to detail, and most of all their amazing personalities. Truly wonderful people who are great at what they do.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Tiara T

My husband Jason and I highly recommend the Men in Black. Reverend Ken and Reverend Michael did such an amazing job! Our ceremony was customized to match our personalities. The Men in Black stayed in contact with us throughout the entire planning process, sending us emails with... Read More very useful information that made our wedding day highly successful. If you are planning to get married, please choose the Men in Black, I promise that you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 LaRue A

T.F. They are professional. For you to say things about them at the wedding reception is wrong. T.F. you need to grow up. Theses guys do awesome job.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 T F

The Men in Black did a wonderful job with the ceremony - in fact we got so many compliments. They were funny and helpful. With that said, while completing the contract almost a year before the big day, they asked whether they would be invited to the reception. We invited them... Read More because we felt it would be rude if we didn't. If we could go back, we would not have invited them. They stayed for almost the entire reception, drank, danced, and took the mic from the DJ to tell jokes. They weren't inappropriate or misbehaved, but it was a little uncomfortable for me, my husband, and some of our guests. Like I said, the ceremony was great - they were professional and helpful - but if you invite them to stay for the reception, be prepared for them to stay their welcome and be sure to count them in for the bar tab.

2016-11-14T14:35:36 Response from the vendor

TF: The Men in Black did a wonderful job with the ceremony - in fact we got so many compliments. They were funny and helpful. With that said, while completing the contract almost a year before the big day, they asked whether they would be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Heather W

Best wedding ceremony EVER!!!! Rev. Kenneth Warne and Rev. Michael Carroll did an outstanding job with our wedding ceremony. We met with them previously before our wedding to go over details of what we wanted in our ceremony and it was great getting to know them. On the day of... Read More our wedding, they didn't disappoint! They made our ceremony so special by personalizing it to us and making the mood light and fun in our hot outside wedding ceremony. We received so many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed our ceremony! Michael and Ken even danced and partied with us late into the night! I HIGHLY recommend MIB if you want an unforgettable and truly personalized, unique wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kayla & Nicole J

Men in Black officiants were truly amazing and made our ceremony everything, and more than what we were expecting. They both worked with what we wanted and made it happen. Our families were very happy with how professional and wonderful they made the ceremony. I recommend them... Read More with the highest degree of recommendation and confidence that you too will have an amazing ceremony with them.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Hayley O

The MIB were extremely professional, and made our day so very special. Our ceremony was able to be personalized to everything that we wanted so it was just right for our personalities. It was serious, yet simple and filled with so much love. We are so happy we found the MIB... Read More and we recommend them to anyone getting married and is in need of an officiant. THANK YOU KEN AND MICHAEL, YOU WERE FABULOUS! -Mandee and Hayley O'Dell

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Ruthie L

"If we weren't already married, we would be looking at them to marry us" This was not the only positive comment I heard from my guests RAVING about our incredible officiants and I really cannot say enough. They are personable and full of surprises. They were awesome to work... Read More with, flexible, and yet gave amazing suggestions of unique things I had never seen done at a wedding before. There is a reason that they were the only officiants we met with. Do not waste time. Go with the Men in Black!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Heather M

Men in black were great for our wedding ceremony! Throughout the whole planning thy were responsive and helpful! The day of the wedding they told us exactly what we needed to do and made the wedding extra special with added touches! Our ceremony was fun and meaningful thanks to... Read More them!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jennifer D

IMPECCABLE. FLAWLESS. PROFESSIONAL. KIND. UNIQUE. TRADITIONAL. AMAZING. There aren't enough words. Their years of experience certainly shine through when customizing your wedding ceremony. We wanted a mixture of a traditional ceremony and a Catholic ceremony to honor our... Read More grandparents (we got married at a country club not a church). So finding a balance between the two, plus us saying our own vows, plus us having a little bit of humor to keep it light and happy. Man oh man, I didn't even know it was possible to get all of that into one ceremony! We got so MANY compliments on our ceremony. About how it had just the right balance of everything and was a ceremony our guests would never forget because they were so moved! Men in black was an honor to work with and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Beth B

Where do I begin to express my gratitude to these 2 men who have done so much for me and my family? It started back in September, 2014 when we were scrambling at the very last minute to find an officiant for our daughter's wedding. Her pastor cancelled 2 days before the... Read More ceremony. Fate was good to us that day. We were brought together with 2 of the kindest, most professional (but hilarious) and wonderful guys who picked up the broken pieces and put everything back together again. The wedding was perfect. Fast forward to a year ago. May 8th, 2015. The tenth anniversary of losing our son, CPL Nicholas Kirven, who was killed in action in Afghanistan. Michael and Kenny performed the most dignified and formal ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery where our son is buried. Family and friends gathered together at Nicholas's grave as The Men in Black led us in a beautiful remembrance service honoring our son and his Marine Corps brothers; something we will never forget. This Sunday, Mother's Day, is May 8th. The Men in Black will once again come through for us. They will christen our first grandchild, a baby boy named after his uncle Nicholas. I have never met or had the privilege of knowing two more caring and loving men. They have become a part of our family and we cannot say enough about how special they are. Their reviews and ratings speak for themselves. If you are lucky enough to have them be a part of your special day, you will not regret it. They are the absolute best.

Great!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Amy W

Rev. Ken and Rev. Michael were great! We had sent emails back and forth and talked on the phone, but once I met them at our rehearsal, I felt like I already knew them. They made our ceremony very special by providing personal touches and were a hit at our reception! I highly... Read More recommend them!!