Mercury Hall

Austin, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Reflecting an idyllic and secluded setting minutes from downtown Austin, Texas, is Mercury Hall. Built in 1907, the building was relocated to its current location. It reflects both a rich history and a rustic attitude, translating wedding ceremonies and receptions into fine pieces of lasting memory.

Mercury Hall features a separate entrance with over 1,400 square feet. It includes a prep kitchen, restrooms and bridal and groom's rooms.

Mercury Courtyard is 1,800 square feet and features the outdoor ceremony terrace, which leads through the courtyard into the main hall.

Mercury Hall and the courtyard combined accommodate parties up to 250 people. During hot or cold weather, the indoor space can hold 120 to 150 seated reception guests comfortably. The indoor hall can be extended outdoors to the adjacent patio with the installation of a tent. The gravel patio area is an additional 1,800 square feet.

Wedding packages at Mercury Hall include the exclusive use of the hall for 5- or 10-hour intervals during the hours of 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. During these times, an on-site manager is available to answer any questions and secure the property.

A signed contract and 50 percent of the rental fee is due to reserve a date. There is a recycling charge, furniture rental charges and a refundable damage deposit is also incurred in addition to rental rates.

All clients and vendors are required to use specific companies for all their rental needs. Additional vendor recommendations for florists and photographers are available. Clients are encouraged to add their own décor and furniture; otherwise, table and chair rental is available for an additional fee.

There are 75 parking spots available on-site. For larger parties, clients may wish to utilize shuttle buses or valet services.

Caterers for events at Mercury Hall are available from the venue's preferred vendor list. If using a catering company not on the preferred vendor list, the client must pay a fee. Alcohol is allowed to be brought to the venue, but a licensed bartender must serve it.

Decorations can be hung outdoors with twine or ribbon, no nails or other tree-damaging devices are allowed. Indoors, décor can be hung with museum putty or from air vents. Candles can be used as long as they are in candle holders. No conventional candles are permitted outdoors or in unattended areas. As long as there are no fire bans in place, sparklers are permitted.

Indoor music is permitted until midnight and outdoor amplified music is allowed until 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 8 p.m. all other days. Outdoor music cannot exceed 85 decibels.

Mercury Hall also includes the following:

• One-hour rehearsal period available the day before the scheduled event
  • Four acres of indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces
  • Two separate dressing areas for bride and groom

Ballroom

615 Cardinal Lane, Austin, TX (512) 236-1226

The best little wedding venue in Texas

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Stefanie R

Mercury Hall was the perfect backdrop for my fall wedding. Its antiqued feel is warm and inviting, and it's surprisingly adaptable to a range of decor. The grounds are lush and well-kept, while the light coming through the ancient oaks made a truly stunning altar. The staff is... Read More professional and very easy to work with. All my guests were raving!

Perfect and Easy

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Cecilia C

I loved everything about this venue. It was perfect for our wedding and I couldn't be happier. It is beautiful and I would not change a thing about this vendor. It was a great experience.

absolutely perfect place

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Miki W

Mercury Hall was the best choice for us for our wedding. It was a good value, beautiful and historical, and intimate enough to make our friends and family feel like they were at a family reunion. I am so happy that we made our memories here!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jessica S

Mercury Hall is the perfect pallet for a wedding! We knew immediately that our search was over the first time we visited the grounds. Their staff is helpful and easy to work with. Our wedding seamlessly flowed from an outdoor ceremony under the trees to a cocktail hour and... Read More dinner under festoon lights in the courtyard, followed by dancing inside the hall. We hosted approximately 150 guests from across the country that enjoyed the convenient location in South Austin. I highly recommend this venue for your special occasion.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Kait D

We could not have had a better experience at Mercury Hall - everyone is still gushing about how great everything was, and we've all agreed we want to do the whole thing over again! The venue was perfect for us - just the right size, so beautiful, and had everything we wanted... Read More without the frills/extras that we wanted to avoid. We went into planning knowing we wanted to keep things simple and pretty, and MH was perfect. The location is ideal - most of our guests were from out of town, and most folks stayed on the south side of downtown and had no problem getting to the venue, as well as staying near some fun spots for seeing the rest of Austin. I loved that we didn't have to do too much to make the space beautiful, and that MH offers some really useful in-house services. Tables and chairs can be rented directly from MH for a really reasonable price (and no extra vendors to deal with), and the addition of cocktail tables was awesome. They also offer a couple of coordination/planning options, and we went for month-of coordination, which was definitely money well spent - it took such a load off everyone's minds to have someone who knows the venue taking care of the details and running the show. They gave us some great pointers when we were starting, and gave us some really great advice in the final month of planning, was super patient with all my emails and questions, and I feel like everything went off without a hitch (if there were any snags, none of us were aware of it!). In thinking back about the wedding, a month later, I really can't think of a single thing I would change. We are so appreciative of everyone at MH's patience, advice, and good cheer during our planning process and wedding - it really was the best day!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ann H

Loved loved loved the beautiful venue, and our wedding was beautiful, and manager was very professional and answered all my questions. Hired Mercury Hall's in house staff as organizer - felt like I was inconveniencing her every time I asked a question. She also likes to use the... Read More term "Like I said..." Not having been married before or having planned a wedding before, I may have to ask tons of questions. :( She also lost some of my expensive items under her watch, and told me they were thrown away. Great. Thanks. Happy with venue! Not happy with staff.

2016-12-17T10:44:50 Response from the vendor

Hi! Thank you for feedback, Deborah. I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our in house coordinator. She plans around 25 weddings a year for our Mercury Hall brides and strives to take care of all of her clients. I believe... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Taylor L

I really like the venue and my wedding was beautiful; However, I found some of the faculty to be rude and unhelpful to my friends and I when we were trying to figure out table set up. I was disappointed with the way they treated us (maybe they were just having a bad day).

2016-12-17T10:49:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you had a bad experience with our staff. We host approximately 265 events each year and we strive to take excellent care of all of our many clients.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Carolyn L

We had our wedding here on September 11th, and I couldn't sing enough praises of Mercury Hall and their staff. They (mainly being Courtney, who stuck with me the entire time) were all so attentive to any emails/concerns I had, and checked in with me closer to the wedding date to... Read More make sure that everything was okay. It is a beautiful location, full of oak trees, and a stone platform that we used for our ceremony. The building itself is perfect for holding the reception. It's white washed with the most incredible stain glassed windows, and has a buffet area (if needed) and a private area for the bride to get ready. The groom also has a separate little "house" stocked with mini fridge and a porch to hang out on. It's really the perfect place for a wedding, and for people to enjoy a beautiful sunny Austin day while celebrating.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Abby H

Best venue I could have asked for. So reasonably priced and such a wonderful Austin spot. Our wedding coordinator, Rachelle, did a FANTASTIC job. She let us make all the decisions but did a fantastic job planning the design and all the small details I wouldn’t have remembered or... Read More thought of. She was there at every moment I needed her, and I couldn’t have been happier with how beautiful the combination of indoor/outdoor looked!

Beautiful, welcoming, serene, easy, elegant venue for January wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Nicholas R

Mercury Hall was our first choice for our 111-person two-groom January wedding in Austin, and both the venue and the MH team were perfect and made everything about the process and the experience easy and elegant: the outdoor ceremony site under the oaks; the early 20th century... Read More dancehall for the dinner and reception; easy access (ample parking for those who drove and lots of vacation rentals within close walking distance for out-of-towners); and awesome support from Rachelle, Rob, and Courtney before, during, and afterward (thanks, Rob, for saving all the barbecue we forgot to take with us!). It couldn't have been better.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Rachael B

We had our ceremony and reception at Mercury on November 1st. We also used their coordination services. Rachelle helped us arrange some difficult vendor deliveries (word to the wise: expect surprise delivery fees for a Sunday wedding) and did a fantastic job. The exterior and... Read More interior spaces were gorgeous. The vendor list on their website was super helpful; we found our photographer, caterer, and dj through their list and it really turned out well.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Megan M

We booked our wedding ceremony and reception at Mercury Hall and could not have been happier with the venue. Being two architects, my husband and I really appreciated the scale and character of the main building - it’s a 100+ year old chapel that was moved from Mercury, Texas!... Read More The interior space and the grounds were so simple and beautiful that we didn’t feel like it was necessary to add too much decoration. The staff that helped us book the venue was friendly and easy to communicate with, as was their groundskeeper on the day of our event. A couple things to be aware of: 1) if your event has any outdoor component then you must rent lights (expensive) or bring your own (hassle to set up) - there are no standard outdoor lights set up for you; 2) our reception got pretty warm and it was difficult to find someone to help cool the building down. Overall, we were blown away by this venue and highly recommend it to anyone that’s looking for a unique, charming space for a special event.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Meg S

Mercury Hall is not only beautiful the staff is helpful and accommodating. If re-doing our wedding we would use them again in a heart beat!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Brooke P

Perfect Indoor/Outdoor vintage venue. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Mercury Hall- Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Christine C

When searching for venues, my husband and I were looking to get a certain feeling when we walked in. I know it sounds silly, but we felt that feeling when we stepped on Mercury Hall's grounds. It has a wonderful outdoor and indoor feeling in a great south Austin location. It... Read More felt nice and cozy from the moment we walked in. Throughout the planning period we had some concerns about the size of the venue and parking for our needs, but the venue manager Courtney was always available to answer questions in a prompt manner and ease any concerns we had. We were also able to visit the site as much as needed to help better plan. Overall our wedding turned out to be perfect and our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue is and how much they enjoyed themselves. I would highly recommend Mercury Hall to all brides.

Great Location for Downtown Austin

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Samantha H

Our wedding was a very international affair and Mercury Hall was such a convenient location for us as well as our 60ish guests traveling from all over. Our wedding was in October and the weather was perfect. The ceremony took place under the trees and we had an outdoor lounge... Read More cocktail hour followed by dinner and dancing in the hall itself. We opted for a Friday wedding and also added in the festoon lighting, which was a great decision. Courtney was very easy to work with and we're very thankful it all worked out the way it did!

The best venue in Austin

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jocelyn D

We were truly lucky to book Mercury Hall for our wedding 8 months before the big day. Most of our guests were from out of town and this venue best represented a real Austin vibe--right in the heart of downtown, perfect location.

Beautiful Venue, Great for South Austin Feel

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Emily R

I loved this venue--it was beautiful, affordable, and they were easy to work with. They everything taken care of without all of the stress that typically accompanies booking wedding venues.

Beautiful Venue with a Great Location

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Sophie l

We recently had our wedding at Mercury Hall and I am so happy that we chose it for our venue! It was beautiful and Courtney was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. Our questions were always answered right away. We loved that the venue didn't need a ton of... Read More extra decoration in order for it to look wedding ready, it already has such a romantic atmosphere with the stained glass! It was perfect for our Sunday morning brunch wedding. We had the ceremony outside and it was amazing how quiet it was even though you are right downtown Austin. The grounds are beautiful and I wish we would have been able to make better use of them, but September in Texas is still hot!

Perfect for our rehearsal dinner!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Leigh Anne A

We did our rehearsal dinner at Mercury Hall. Because we got married in August, we didn't really get to take advantage of the gorgeous outdoor space. However, the inside was so pretty and needed very simple decorations. We loved the Salt Lick catering too. We were able to have... Read More 130 people at our rehearsal dinner and everything about the night was seamless.

Mercury Hall - 1st and only choice

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Claire H

Mercury Hall was the only venue that I looked at in person - I saw it and fell in love. I'm so glad that we waited as long as we did to get married here. It was a gorgeous setting and because it is empty, you can really make it yours on your big day. We received so many... Read More compliments on the setting from guests and those who didn't even come but saw it in pictures. The venue played a huge role in the perfection of our wedding. Beyond the setting, the service by Courtney Landers was unbeatable. Their relationship with vendors made it easy to choose lighting, rentals, etc.

Best Choice for Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Kelly L

Mercury Hall is amazing! I looked at so many places for our wedding and fell in love with this place immediately. I was right on point too- they were great. It's so pretty there and needs so little decoration. Everyone commented on the beautiful venue and they made everything... Read More so easy. Courtney is always quick to get back to you and very helpful and the staff on the day of was just great! I am so glad I chose them and if I ever have an event again I'll use them. Great people, great location, great venue!

Magical Venue

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Lacey W

A magical venue in the heart of South Austin. Beautiful grounds and funky, Austin vibe. Was thrilled with this venue from beginning to end.

Amazing Austin Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 maya s

The first time i went to Mercury Hall I was working for a catering company and was hired to cater a rehearsal dinner. I immediately fell head over heals in love with this place. The rustic-chic hall with the beautiful stained glass windows and chandeliers made this a unique,... Read More cozy and beautiful space to get married in. The grounds are lush and quite large. The huge trees make for a perfect natural arbor to exchange the most important vows you will ever make. I love that you are in the heart of Austin yet at times you feel like you are in the hill country. I actually lived a few blocks from this place and never knew it was there until i did that catering years later. You are tucked away in your own little sanctuary. The newly added walkway is very unique and makes for a great runway without having to worry about your heels sinking into the pebbled patio around it. From the moment we booked the venue, Courtney was there to answer all of my questions. I planned the wedding myself so trust me, there were a lot. She was always gracious and prompt with her responses. I HIGHLY recommend holding your wedding at Mercury Hall. You will not find another place like it in Austin and that is pretty special

Beautiful Outdoor Austin venue

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Nikki B

Pros: Location--very easy to get to from numerous hotels downtown outdoor area for ceremony with nice landscaping Cons: Everything from food, alcohol to furniture must be outsoued from s third party (creates more work, but worth it in my opinion)