Book Your Wedding with Mercury Hall

A BALLROOM IN AUSTIN, TX

Reflecting an idyllic and secluded setting minutes from downtown Austin, Texas, is Mercury Hall. Built in 1907, the building was relocated to its current location. It reflects both a rich history and a rustic attitude, translating wedding ceremonies and receptions into fine pieces of lasting memory.

Mercury Hall features a separate entrance with over 1,400 square feet. It includes a prep kitchen, restrooms and bridal and groom's rooms.

Mercury Courtyard is 1,800 square feet and features the outdoor ceremony terrace, which leads through the courtyard into the main hall.

Mercury Hall and the courtyard combined accommodate parties up to 250 people. During hot or cold weather, the indoor space can hold 120 to 150 seated reception guests comfortably. The indoor hall can be extended outdoors to the adjacent patio with the installation of a tent. The gravel patio area is an additional 1,800 square feet.

Wedding packages at Mercury Hall include the exclusive use of the hall for 5- or 10-hour intervals during the hours of 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. During these times, an on-site manager is available to answer any questions and secure the property.

A signed contract and 50 percent of the rental fee is due to reserve a date. There is a recycling charge, furniture rental charges and a refundable damage deposit is also incurred in addition to rental rates.

All clients and vendors are required to use specific companies for all their rental needs. Additional vendor recommendations for florists and photographers are available. Clients are encouraged to add their own décor and furniture; otherwise, table and chair rental is available for an additional fee.

There are 75 parking spots available on-site. For larger parties, clients may wish to utilize shuttle buses or valet services.

Caterers for events at Mercury Hall are available from the venue's preferred vendor list. If using a catering company not on the preferred vendor list, the client must pay a fee. Alcohol is allowed to be brought to the venue, but a licensed bartender must serve it.

Decorations can be hung outdoors with twine or ribbon, no nails or other tree-damaging devices are allowed. Indoors, décor can be hung with museum putty or from air vents. Candles can be used as long as they are in candle holders. No conventional candles are permitted outdoors or in unattended areas. As long as there are no fire bans in place, sparklers are permitted.

Indoor music is permitted until midnight and outdoor amplified music is allowed until 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 8 p.m. all other days. Outdoor music cannot exceed 85 decibels.

Mercury Hall also includes the following:

• One-hour rehearsal period available the day before the scheduled event
  • Four acres of indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces
  • Two separate dressing areas for bride and groom

A hillcountry feel in the heart of South Austin

Nestled on a secluded hilltop, just 2 miles south of downtown Austin, Mercury Hall offers an idyllic setting for a variety of occasions. This historic structure was built in 1904 and moved to its current location in 1997 where it sits on four lush private acres. With numerous century old Live Oaks, original wood floors and stunning stain glass windows, this private venue will set the stage for your unique event.

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Church, Religious Setting

615 Cardinal Lane, Austin, TX (512) 236-1226

The best little wedding venue in Texas

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Stefanie R

Mercury Hall was the perfect backdrop for my fall wedding. Its antiqued feel is warm and inviting, and it's surprisingly adaptable to a range of decor. The grounds are lush and well-kept, while the light coming through the ancient oaks made a truly stunning altar. The staff is... Read More professional and very easy to work with. All my guests were raving!

Perfect and Easy

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Cecilia C

I loved everything about this venue. It was perfect for our wedding and I couldn't be happier. It is beautiful and I would not change a thing about this vendor. It was a great experience.

absolutely perfect place

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Miki W

Mercury Hall was the best choice for us for our wedding. It was a good value, beautiful and historical, and intimate enough to make our friends and family feel like they were at a family reunion. I am so happy that we made our memories here!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Janna P

Mercury Hall is a lovely venue that was just what we needed. It offers indoor and outdoor options which I was very glad for when it rained on my wedding day. Their clear pricing and communication helped me find the affordable vendors I needed for my big day. We were able to... Read More easily change plans to have our 100-person wedding ceremony and reception indoors.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Hilary C

We had a great experience with Mercury Hall. It was a beautiful location.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Mr M

Mercury Hall is hands down my favorite wedding venue in Austin. The first time I came here was back in 2001 to see a modern dance performance, and I've been back for countless parties and weddings since then; the dancing never stops. The light that pours through the stain glass... Read More windows is exquisite and the old, hardwood floors cannot be matched by anything else around town. The beauty of this venue spills out into the courtyard where a canopy of surrounding trees embrace the moments you'll have here and remember forever. Booking this venue is like treating yourself to a work of art.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Monica L

We had a summer wedding in late July with less than 150 guests at the beautiful Mercury Hall. We went for an outdoor ceremony that lasted under 15 minutes and indoor reception/ dance-party. Despite putting our poor guests through tortuous heat during our 100 degree ceremony , we... Read More still recieved countless compliments the whole night on how beautiful the whole venue and outdoor scene were. We had parasols, fans, and iced water to relieve our guests of the heat. There are so many layouts you can choose for your ceremony/reception at Mercury Hall. Do some research based on the time of your weddding if you want to maximize tree shade. Festoon lighting is a must! It really adds a magical feel. We got lucky, and shared the lighting to get a discounted rate. The beauty of this venue requires little decoration. All we had were florals to compliment the stained glass against the white walls. If you're worried about the size of the venue not allowing for a large guest count, consider doing combined indoor/outdoor seating. We had enough space inside, but a lot of our guests loved mingling and relaxing outside under the canopy of trees and festoon lighting. Mercury Hall also allows you to customize a unique wedding experience since you can pretty much use any vendor. We also hired a coordinator, Jenna, through Mercury Hall. I highly recommend doing so! It allowed for my husband and I to relax and have so much fun at our wedding without putting the responsibilities on ourselves, a family member or friend. Jenna was excellent at communicating with us and vendors. She met our needs and created an organized timeline for our wedding day. Mercury Hall is just so charming and we LOVED our wedding there.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Chloe S

We used Mercury Hall for our July wedding, and it was the perfect choice for us! We wanted a place that was funky and off-beat with a hint of tradition and Texas flair. Mercury Hall's history as an old dance hall now nestled just south of downtown gave us the vibe we wanted, and... Read More made it easy for our guests to get there safely without having to drive a car. Despite it being a little warm, we had rented misting fans to cool the outdoor patio area, which made both the indoor and outdoor spaces fully accessible for a summer wedding. I was a little worried about space since we had about 160 guests, a little over their recommended headcount. But we were able to set up and then break down a couple of dining tables to accommodate everyone and make room for the dance floor, which worked out great! Courtney and the MH team were fantastic from start to finish. They let us drop by multiple times months ahead to scope out the area and plan our event. Their list of vendors is high-quality, and a lot of people on and off the list seemed very familiar with the venue (i.e. other caterers, musicians, etc). If you're looking for a venue to accommodate a small-to-medium sized wedding in Austin, MH is a beautiful, intimate and overall excellent option.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Morgan W

The second we walked up to Mercury Hall, I knew that we should get married there. If you're looking for the charm of the Hill Country without being far away from Austin, it's perfect. Our ceremony was under the trees and we did the festoon lighting they offer and it was... Read More absolutely gorgeous. The hall itself has beautiful stain glass from when it was once a Baptist church. We also loved the story of the Austin musicians that moved it from Mercury, TX to Austin. It was a great place to dance and hang out and several of my bridesmaids lamented that we'd found it first -- they wanted to have their future weddings there too (I told them they still could). The staff is great and really responsive. We didn't use the day of coordinator because of our budget but we talked to her and she was fantastic too. If you want a space that allows for an outdoor and indoor wedding, it's a great pick. There isn't a ton of parking but we just told people to carpool and it worked out fine.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Aditi G

Mercury Hall was absolutely perfect for our wedding and reception in May! I fell in love with the outdoor landscaping and the laid-back but elegant hall. Having grown up in Austin, I really wanted a venue that featured the hill country floral and MH was perfect! I can't praise... Read More the grounds enough! The location is relatively central in Austin but still upheld a lovely secluded feeling from the surrounding highways. I felt like I was in precious parts of Austin that have long since been developed. We had a wedding of 160 which was at about maximum capacity to fit everyone indoors for the wedding ceremony. The flip to dinner was easy enough with split up dinner seating indoors and outdoors. We set up cornhole on the lawn under the trees and people had plenty of space to mill about the rest of the evening. Working with Courtney was incredibly uncomplicated--she was communicative and thorough with all of our needs. This is such a blessing during the wedding planning process! We ended up renting tables and chairs through MH which really helped out our budget, and the festoon lighting was absolutely stunning. I LOVE LOVE LOVED Mercury Hall and am so thankful I was able to have my wedding at such a genuine, beautiful place.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Aditi G

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Karah H

We knew instantly that Mercury Hall was perfect for us. You CAN'T beat the location- right there in town. Who wants to drive an hour out into the middle of nowhere? (unless you're into that sort of thing :] ) You don't feel like you're in the middle of a city at all. There's no... Read More need to worry about decorating the place as the inside is so beautiful on it's own. The white walls and stained glass windows are just so simple and pretty. I also LOVED the decor in the bridal suite and little groomsman house. Also, the staff is just the best. Courtney was super helpful, friendly, and prompt in responding to my millions of emails!! You can't go wrong with this beautiful and well-kept gem in south Austin.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jessica S

Mercury Hall is the perfect pallet for a wedding! We knew immediately that our search was over the first time we visited the grounds. Their staff is helpful and easy to work with. Our wedding seamlessly flowed from an outdoor ceremony under the trees to a cocktail hour and... Read More dinner under festoon lights in the courtyard, followed by dancing inside the hall. We hosted approximately 150 guests from across the country that enjoyed the convenient location in South Austin. I highly recommend this venue for your special occasion.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Kait D

We could not have had a better experience at Mercury Hall - everyone is still gushing about how great everything was, and we've all agreed we want to do the whole thing over again! The venue was perfect for us - just the right size, so beautiful, and had everything we wanted... Read More without the frills/extras that we wanted to avoid. We went into planning knowing we wanted to keep things simple and pretty, and MH was perfect. The location is ideal - most of our guests were from out of town, and most folks stayed on the south side of downtown and had no problem getting to the venue, as well as staying near some fun spots for seeing the rest of Austin. I loved that we didn't have to do too much to make the space beautiful, and that MH offers some really useful in-house services. Tables and chairs can be rented directly from MH for a really reasonable price (and no extra vendors to deal with), and the addition of cocktail tables was awesome. They also offer a couple of coordination/planning options, and we went for month-of coordination, which was definitely money well spent - it took such a load off everyone's minds to have someone who knows the venue taking care of the details and running the show. They gave us some great pointers when we were starting, and gave us some really great advice in the final month of planning, was super patient with all my emails and questions, and I feel like everything went off without a hitch (if there were any snags, none of us were aware of it!). In thinking back about the wedding, a month later, I really can't think of a single thing I would change. We are so appreciative of everyone at MH's patience, advice, and good cheer during our planning process and wedding - it really was the best day!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ann H

Loved loved loved the beautiful venue, and our wedding was beautiful, and manager was very professional and answered all my questions. Hired Mercury Hall's in house staff as organizer - felt like I was inconveniencing her every time I asked a question. She also likes to use the... Read More term "Like I said..." Not having been married before or having planned a wedding before, I may have to ask tons of questions. :( She also lost some of my expensive items under her watch, and told me they were thrown away. Great. Thanks. Happy with venue! Not happy with staff.

2016-12-17T10:44:50 Response from the vendor

Hi! Thank you for feedback, Deborah. I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our in house coordinator. She plans around 25 weddings a year for our Mercury Hall brides and strives to take care of all of her clients. I believe... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Taylor L

I really like the venue and my wedding was beautiful; However, I found some of the faculty to be rude and unhelpful to my friends and I when we were trying to figure out table set up. I was disappointed with the way they treated us (maybe they were just having a bad day).

2016-12-17T10:49:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you had a bad experience with our staff. We host approximately 265 events each year and we strive to take excellent care of all of our many clients.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Carolyn L

We had our wedding here on September 11th, and I couldn't sing enough praises of Mercury Hall and their staff. They (mainly being Courtney, who stuck with me the entire time) were all so attentive to any emails/concerns I had, and checked in with me closer to the wedding date to... Read More make sure that everything was okay. It is a beautiful location, full of oak trees, and a stone platform that we used for our ceremony. The building itself is perfect for holding the reception. It's white washed with the most incredible stain glassed windows, and has a buffet area (if needed) and a private area for the bride to get ready. The groom also has a separate little "house" stocked with mini fridge and a porch to hang out on. It's really the perfect place for a wedding, and for people to enjoy a beautiful sunny Austin day while celebrating.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Abby H

Best venue I could have asked for. So reasonably priced and such a wonderful Austin spot. Our wedding coordinator, Rachelle, did a FANTASTIC job. She let us make all the decisions but did a fantastic job planning the design and all the small details I wouldn’t have remembered or... Read More thought of. She was there at every moment I needed her, and I couldn’t have been happier with how beautiful the combination of indoor/outdoor looked!

Beautiful, welcoming, serene, easy, elegant venue for January wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Nicholas R

Mercury Hall was our first choice for our 111-person two-groom January wedding in Austin, and both the venue and the MH team were perfect and made everything about the process and the experience easy and elegant: the outdoor ceremony site under the oaks; the early 20th century... Read More dancehall for the dinner and reception; easy access (ample parking for those who drove and lots of vacation rentals within close walking distance for out-of-towners); and awesome support from Rachelle, Rob, and Courtney before, during, and afterward (thanks, Rob, for saving all the barbecue we forgot to take with us!). It couldn't have been better.

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Rachael B

We had our ceremony and reception at Mercury on November 1st. We also used their coordination services. Rachelle helped us arrange some difficult vendor deliveries (word to the wise: expect surprise delivery fees for a Sunday wedding) and did a fantastic job. The exterior and... Read More interior spaces were gorgeous. The vendor list on their website was super helpful; we found our photographer, caterer, and dj through their list and it really turned out well.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Megan M

We booked our wedding ceremony and reception at Mercury Hall and could not have been happier with the venue. Being two architects, my husband and I really appreciated the scale and character of the main building - it’s a 100+ year old chapel that was moved from Mercury, Texas!... Read More The interior space and the grounds were so simple and beautiful that we didn’t feel like it was necessary to add too much decoration. The staff that helped us book the venue was friendly and easy to communicate with, as was their groundskeeper on the day of our event. A couple things to be aware of: 1) if your event has any outdoor component then you must rent lights (expensive) or bring your own (hassle to set up) - there are no standard outdoor lights set up for you; 2) our reception got pretty warm and it was difficult to find someone to help cool the building down. Overall, we were blown away by this venue and highly recommend it to anyone that’s looking for a unique, charming space for a special event.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Meg S

Mercury Hall is not only beautiful the staff is helpful and accommodating. If re-doing our wedding we would use them again in a heart beat!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Brooke P

Perfect Indoor/Outdoor vintage venue. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Mercury Hall- Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Christine C

When searching for venues, my husband and I were looking to get a certain feeling when we walked in. I know it sounds silly, but we felt that feeling when we stepped on Mercury Hall's grounds. It has a wonderful outdoor and indoor feeling in a great south Austin location. It... Read More felt nice and cozy from the moment we walked in. Throughout the planning period we had some concerns about the size of the venue and parking for our needs, but the venue manager Courtney was always available to answer questions in a prompt manner and ease any concerns we had. We were also able to visit the site as much as needed to help better plan. Overall our wedding turned out to be perfect and our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue is and how much they enjoyed themselves. I would highly recommend Mercury Hall to all brides.

Great Location for Downtown Austin

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Samantha H

Our wedding was a very international affair and Mercury Hall was such a convenient location for us as well as our 60ish guests traveling from all over. Our wedding was in October and the weather was perfect. The ceremony took place under the trees and we had an outdoor lounge... Read More cocktail hour followed by dinner and dancing in the hall itself. We opted for a Friday wedding and also added in the festoon lighting, which was a great decision. Courtney was very easy to work with and we're very thankful it all worked out the way it did!

Meet The Manager

Courtney Landers

Following a five year career designing + planning events, Courtney fell for Mercury Hall and all its charm. She has been managing the ins and outs of the venue since 2011. Loving people, events and southern hospitality, she hopes each client and guest that comes to the hall feels welcome. She enjoys the diverse events the hall hosts each year and all the memories the space has held for so many of our dear friends. She loves tickling her toddler (Tripp), traveling with her husband, Mexican martinis, being by the water, the color aqua and fresh peonies.