Meridian Banquets

Rolling Meadows, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Meridian Banquets

A BALLROOM IN ROLLING MEADOWS, IL

Meridian Banquets is a full-service wedding venue located in Rolling Meadows, Illinois and convenient to the Chicago metro area. Meridian Banquets offers couples the opportunity to book customized wedding packages, which include facility rental, catering and party rentals for their special day. Couples tailor their own wedding events at Meridian Banquets and are sure to impress their guests with the phenomenal atmosphere and friendly hospitality at the venue.

Ballrooms. There are a variety of ballrooms located throughout Meridian Banquets' 50,000-square foot facility. Whether couples need a space for an intimate wedding or want a traditional event for up to 300 guests, they are sure to find a room to suit their needs. The ballrooms feature classic to modern decor and all have the ability to be arranged to incorporate personal decor choices, including items that represent the wedding theme or colors.

The Lobby. The lobby at Meridian Banquets welcomes guests to enter and enjoy their celebration immediately. Outfitted with cozy couches and comfortable corners for mingling over cocktails, the lobby is an excellent place for guests to enjoy drinks and snacks prior to the wedding reception.

Meridian Banquets is known for its superior service in event planning and couples who work with this venue enjoy this service for themselves. Each couple is matched with an event planner who guides them through each step of the planning process, from saving the date to saying "I do."

Couples choose from a few tiers of wedding packages when planning their event. The basic package includes a four-course meal and alcohol service. Next level packages include these items as well as covered chair rentals and additional catering services. Rentals and services are added separately to any wedding package.

Catering at Meridian Banquets is top notch and is sure to please even the pickiest of guests. Hors d'oeuvres options include spinach puffs and Thai spring rolls, to be passed during cocktail hour. Entree choices such as chicken cordon bleu and lobster thermador are available for plated receptions and are served alongside salads and a variety of vegetable sides.

Meridian Banquets offers couples plenty of choices for customizing their wedding event. In addition to basic planning, catering and wait staff services, couples choose from some additional add-ons and rentals to their wedding package that are sure to take any wedding to the next level. These include:

• European sweet table
  • Late night snacks
  • Lounge furniture
  • Audiovisual package

Meridian Banquets

Take comfort in knowing that our exceptional service, beautiful decor and appetizing cuisine is guaranteed to please you and your guests. Our onsite event coordinators will work closely with you to ensure your event exceeds your expectations.

Ballroom

1701 Algonquin Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL (847) 952-8181
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Angie S

Joyce was very helpful and everything we asked and what are budget was she full fill. Food was incredible everyone was very happy. Love the hall we were and servers este very nice and respectful.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Ethel B

The staff were all awesome! They helped us from the preparations to the big day. They were always on top of things. I'm grateful specially for Joyce and Tina! We had the chance to look at the reception hall before the cocktail hour and we couldn't stop saying "wow" over and... Read More over. We were just so amazed at how they were able to bring to life the vision we had for our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

We had our dream wedding at the Meridian. Tina, our event coordinator, was the absolute best. From the time we met her until the day of our wedding, she was there to answer our questions and address our concerns. We met with her several times throughout the process because our... Read More wedding plans, including the count, changed drastically from the initial meeting we had with her. We were concerned with 3 other wedding going on that day if she would have the staff capacity to handle the changes, but she assured us that it will all work out just fine. And she was completely right. I was floored when the doors opened for the first time and I saw the room set up. It was beyond my expectations. Our guest list was 450+ and service was absolutely flawless. No running out of hors d'oeuvres, no complaints of slow service at the bar, and there were no complaints of the food that I heard of. We decided to offer the choice entree for our guests (I know, crazy), and I was concerned that there would be a mix up along the way, but as far as I was aware, everyone got the meal they requested for. We had the filet, chicken marsala, and the chilean sea bass. Of the three, I highly recommend the chilean sea bass. The have the capacity to host 4 weddings at the same time, but you would never know it. Each room is a separate room - there are no partitions, so you won't hear the wedding next door. Each room has a high ceiling and a a real bar, not a set up one with tables surrounding the bartender. We had minimal decorations, but the place is so beautiful, that you really don't need too much. I have nothing but good praises for the Meridian. If you're planning a wedding, I highly recommend setting up a meeting with the event coordinators. You'll fall in love with the place like I did,

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jolanta B

Meridian's FOOD and STAFF are more than 5 stars! They are way beyond that! The food is excellent and the servers are accommodating and friendly. Even the planning process was made easier with the team of professional coordinators that answered all my questions and met with me... Read More to select colors and the room layout. My wedding day was so special, thanks to the Meridian team!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Joanna S

My husband and I got married here over the summer and we were very pleased. Their staff was top notch and the food was perfect! I would definitely recommend the Meridian!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lauren T

I am very pleased with the way my wedding reception turned out at the Merdian in September! My coordinator, Joyce, was extremley attentive throughout the planning process and went above and beyond to make my reception unique and special. My guests still talk about the delicious... Read More food and the beautiful sweet table. I would recommend the Merdian to any future bride!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Sophia O

Just booked this venue for my wedding. I'm so excited to host my reception here in their largest ballroom. The process has been seamless so far and the staff is sooo nice to work with. Their pricing is super reasonable allowing me to spend more $$$ on my decor. Beautiful... Read More space!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Nyika W

Meridian hosted my wedding ceremony and reception on 5/12/17. From our very first meeting with Janet in March 2016, we knew that this was our venue. I knew I wanted a place that included many things in their package that would minimize the amount of vendors I had to keep up... Read More with. We discussed our budget and they made sure to help us get the most in that budget. For everything we received, we were honestly surprised at how affordable it was. From the moment you walk in and see the fountain you are blown away with how nice the venue is. The rooms are naturally pretty with minimal decor and very spacious. I worked with Janet during the planning process. She met with my husband and I when we decided to move forward and went thru everything with us during that appointment. Janet is amazing and answered all my emails and calls up until the day of the wedding. Every staff member we encountered was polite and helpful. Our wedding was on a Friday. We were able to drop off all of our decor during the final appointment the Tuesday prior. We discussed everything in detail for the day of which was a huge stress relief. During rehearsal we were also able to practice with the sound system. The day of the wedding, the staff was great and made sure everything went perfectly. At least to my knowledge lol. They were amazing with making considerations for my guests with food allergies and checking in with me if they had questions. THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS!! My husband is still talking about the clam chowder lol. The staff packed up extra dinners for us to take with which came in handy following the reception after we got back to the hotel. A plus for us is that we were the only event the night of our wedding. My guests took many pictures by the fountain and photo area without having to wait for guests from another event. I could go on about how great the staff and location was. Take a tour if you are questioning, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Meridian for a perfect night!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Josephine O

Wow! I wouldn't change anything from our wedding day. Everyone at the Meridian made planning easy and stress-free. Being the typical bride, I was freaking out about a week out, Joyce sent me the nicest email letting me know that they had everything covered and all was well. I... Read More literally brought a tub of props ( pictures, photo to sign, chocolate bars for seating arrangements, 2 sets of champagne flutes cause we couldn't choose just one, and more) a few days before, and crossed my fingers that everything would be where it was supposed to be on my wedding day, and it was! The food, omg the food, it was amazing! People couldn't stop raving about it. We did the filet and chicken vesuvio- we didn't have any complaints, just tons and tons of compliments. We also had a few people with allergies, and the meridian was so accommodating. We would highly recommend The Meridian, I have absolutely no regrets.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Micaela Z

When I first set up a meeting at the Meridian, I didnt realize it was the same place a cousin had his wedding a few years before. When we met with Kate, she was so personable and showed us everything. She was able to answer all of our questions and understood and evalutated... Read More any concerns we had. I already knew the food was delicious so after recieving so much amazing customer service right off the bat, we knew we had to hold our reception at the Meridian. They were so helpful with every bit of the planning. I could send them an email and within a day or so had a response. If they didnt know the answer, the would inform me as such but would investigate and get me an answer. They were so great with providing us flexibility when bringing in some extra decorations. I was a total DIY bride but I did use their centerpieces (just added some stuff). On the day of, everything looked great! The food was delicious and the cake was beautiful! They even let my family bring in sweets to add to the sweet table. Price point was great for everything that was included. It was everything we needed from a reception hall! I only took off some points as we had an issue with one member of their staff but Tina had such amazing customer service and took care of everything. She heard all of my concerns and complaints and did the best she could for be the customer. We loved it so much we are actually making their Mothers Day Brunch a yearly event for our family.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Meredith C

If you are looking for a venue for your wedding, look no further! We had our wedding reception at Meridian Banquets on October 22, 2016. The attention to detail was intensive and the results were spectacular. Table settings were precise, elegant; guests were welcomed with tasty... Read More hors d’oeuvres served by waiters and waitresses. The five-course meal was spaced out to allow for a casual culinary experience, bartenders cordially served up drinks to match everyone’s tastes. Management allowed us to bring in homemade Polish, Mexican, and Armenian pastries which were displayed on a show-stopping sweet table. Our manager of the night, Kate, tended to our every request during the evening. We worried about nothing! Meridian took care of us like family. For a flawless, elegant reception that will make your guests feel like they matter, definitely consider booking Meridian Banquets for your celebration.

Very rude walk through.

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Sabrina S

I really loved the atmosphere of the Meridian but the Representative that did the walk through was very rude. Not a very good first impression.

Wedding on a Budget

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Ellie D

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony & reception at Meridian on Saturday, November 8, 2014. Before deciding on using this wedding venue, we went and visited several other banquet halls and hotels in our area. As soon as we had our meeting with Joyce at Meridian, we... Read More knew we had found the right place for our wedding because it fit all of our criteria. It actually worked our great because this venue is right down the street from us too. Joyce was very helpful and accommodating. She was able to put together a discounted package for us with a minimum of 80 guests. We did not want to have a large wedding and a lot of other places wanted a minimum of 100 guests. The other thing that really grabbed us was how beautiful the lobby and rooms were - lobby has high ceilings, a fountain in the middle and multiple photo-opportunity spots for wedding photos (white couch with a backdrop, etc). Another reason why we knew we liked this place is because all of their rooms are separate rooms. Other venues would offer to split up a large room with a divider but by doing that, the room would not be soundproof (in the event that another wedding was taking place next door). Meridian used to be a movie theater so each room is its own and is soundproof. Our ceremony and reception were held in two separate rooms down the hall from one another. We chose the 2014 Meridian Wedding Package which included: 6 hour event - a four course meal (choice of soup, salad, entrée, vegetable, potato, and wedding cake), bread & coffee, 4 hours of open bar with premium liquor, wine service during dinner, choice of colored napkins, a centerpiece consisting of a round mirror, 3 candles, and fresh roses, champagne for the head table, and a private bridal suite (with champagne and an assorted cheese tray). *Side note: Tina and Joyce made sure to give me the large bridal suite that was right outside of our reception room so that was very convenient! We also added a sweet table and reception room uplighting to our package. We were going to add hors d'oeuvres but decided against it due to our budget. But it wasn't a big deal - guests still snacked on the sweet table and visited the bar during cocktail hour. Throughout my communication with Joyce and the rest of the staff, I always felt taken care of. Joyce had great ideas for things that I had trouble deciding on. She guaranteed me that our wedding would be memorable and beautiful. And it was. I did have a minor issue with scheduling a wedding rehearsal but it was quickly resolved. I had wanted to schedule it much farther in advance than was permissible. Our ceremony and reception rooms were set up exactly how I wanted them to be. At my last meeting at Meridian, I met with Tina and went over all of my items to be placed in the reception room. The staff did an excellent job on assembling the rooms. I was amazed at how beautiful everything really was and at how it came together. Months and months of planning had paid off. Every little detail was perfect. Nothing was out of place. The one thing that our guests have been complimenting us on is the food at Meridian. At our tasting, we were able to sample 3 items from each part of the dinner and decide what we liked best. Our main entrée was the Chicken Francaise. Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue - especially if you are on a budget! If I could do this all over again, I would still have my wedding here. 5 stars.

Exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Lauren B

Our reception was everything we dreamed it would be, down to the last detail! Our guests were raving about the space all night, and for many months after. Staff was very attentive and made sure everything was exactly what we wanted. Food was delicious, and there was another... Read More wedding across the hall that we didn't even notice! Staff was willing to work with us and open to working with our budget. Five stars!

Stunning Wedding at the Meridian

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jennifer M

I have had a great experience working with the folks at the Meridian for my wedding September 2014. They were incredibly accommodating, food was wonderful, drinks were great and the space was large. We had a great time and I have been getting nothing but compliments on how... Read More much fun and how great the food was! Great job Meridian!

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 Dana R

We had the best experience ever here! The staff were beyond helpful from start to finish. The planning was easy. Janey took all the stress of organizing our room off my hands. When our big day came, the room was everything we ever dreamed of and more. Classic romance from... Read More Beauty and the Beast with a hint of country and it was all tied in beautifully!

Overall Beautiful place for a wedding.

Reviewed on 4/05/2014 Jennifer B

The staff is very helpful and accommodating to your needs. The bakery they use for the cake definitely needs to learn customer service skills and had our cake all wrong. I suggest many follow up calls to ensure they understand your order. Great food!

We felt like family....

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Oana O

On August 24, 2013, I had my dream wedding at Meridian Banquets. If I could give Meridian Banquets a thousand stars, I would!! I can probably write a book on how amazing and wonderful Meridian Banquets is! My husband and I walked into the venue and we absolutely loved the... Read More layout, the beautiful high ceilings and the pleasant scent of flowers. A few moments later when we met Tina and her amazing mother, we knew this was the place we wanted to have our wedding. This is a true family business and my husband and I, as well as my parents, felt like we were part of the family. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding our primary point of contact was Tina, however, the other ladies there, Joyce and Janet, assisted me on different occasions and they also did a great job. I have to admit, I was a difficult bride. I was very particular about every small detail. Tina patiently spent hours with me, going through every detail, and on my wedding day everything exceeded my expectations! Meridian Banquets went over and above their duties to make sure that I have my dream wedding. For example, I was torn between a few different linen colors and Tina ordered samples of each color and set up tables so that I can decide which color I liked best. Another example of how accommodating they are, I wanted to slightly change the cream of chicken soup by adding some diced carrots and rice and garnishing it with parsley. Tina talked to the Chef and my request was easily fulfilled. I wanted the appetizers to be served on the table (replenishable), instead of butler style and, for a very small fee, this request was again easily fulfilled. I wanted the chicken to be served family style, so that the sauce from the chicken does not mix with the au jus from the New York strip steak, and again Meridian was happy to accommodate my request. I brought in my own late night snack, and Meridian provided the heat lamps and plates, at no additional cost! The night before our wedding we came to Meridian to drop off some items. When I walked into the room it was so beautiful and perfect, I started crying. Tina’s mom, Vicky, set up the most amazing pool for our sweet table. It is a square table, filled with some water, making it look like a pool. Our ice sculpture, along with flowers and floating candles were placed in the middle of this pool, and our sweet table was on both sides of this. It is absolutely amazing and a must for any wedding, it is absolutely unique and breathtaking. I received so many compliments on it! Overall, my husband and I are so happy that we booked our wedding with Meridian and highly recommend it! The food was amazing (the steaks melted in your mouth, and that is not easy to achieve with 400 steaks), the bar had all of the items which I had specifically requested (like Ciroc vodka, Courvoisier, etc), the bartenders and the wait staff were very friendly and accommodating (for example, I had a couple who showed up as we were eating dinner, and before I had the opportunity to please ask their waiter to also bring them the soup, the soup was out on the table!), the sweet table (personally set up by Tina’s mom) was so beautiful, and the décor, absolutely perfect, just the way I envisioned it. Words can not express my gratitude for everything that Tina, her mom and the entire Meridian staff did. It was such a pleasure working with them and I am so thankful to them for making my dreams come true! I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Andrea W

Love the venue, it's very beautiful. The food was great. I received so many compliments from my guests on how great it was. The wedding planner was so friendly and helpful before the wedding; however on the day of it took 45 min to find anyone to help us when we arrived and it... Read More was so upsetting!

Meridian Banquets is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Kaitlin G

I saw MB in a Knot magazine and decided to check it out. First and only place I ended up seeing. It used to be an old movie theatre, so the rooms are huge. The lobby is beautiful and they have a brand new fountain. My mom and I met with Joyce. She was so sweet... like a... Read More second mom. We walked around and saw all of the rooms. We wanted to have the ceremony and reception there, but in different rooms. The ceremony room is large, but kind of ugly. We ended up having Elegant Event Lighting drape and light the room. The reception rooms are all large and the room we chose (E) holds around 180. The open bar is top shelf! The man and I hadn't set a specific date yet, but we knew we wanted early June. When Joyce and I sat down to discuss dates, I casually threw out June 1 as an option. Surprisingly, both rooms were available! I put a temporary hold on the rooms and called the man that night (he was currently stationed in North Carolina). He said sure, so I went back a few days later to put down a deposit. Went for our tasting in January and the food was FANTASTIC! The portions are HUGE! We went with the combo plate (prime rib and athenian chicken) with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Our cake and sweet table came with our package, as well as top shelf open bar. The ceremony and reception went beautifully! Everyone was so nice and helpful. All of my guests were thrilled. It was well priced and a great value!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Kathryn K

When picking a reception hall, this is where most of your money goes so you want some place that's big, accesible, and with good food! Meridian Banquets is the place! I had some issues in the beginning when my coordinator suddenly quit. No one informed me and I was sending... Read More emails to someone who did not work there anymore, but I was never receiving return mail-so I just assumed I was falling through the cracks. Then one day I got a phone call from a new coordinator asking questions and I was finally informed that I no longer had the same coordinator. There were some hiccups along the way with my new coordinator-to the point where I had to sit down with my family, the coordinator, and the manager. From there on out, there were no more problems. The day of the wedding was the most perfect day. The head server was Maria and she was wonderful! Everything was perfect from the beautiful lighting, to the decorations, to the most delicious, hot food. I did not have one complaint about the food-it was wonderful! There were 2 other parties going on that night, but you wouldn't know it since the banquet hall is large and spacious with enough bathrooms. I would recommend this reception hall to anyone!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Sandy C

I am very pleased with Meridian Banquets! Food was great! Staff was wonderful! Great location! Would recommend it!

Truly the Best for the Money!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Julie S

After despairing that I'd never find a place for my 80+ person wedding that was within my budget, I set up an appointment with Joyce at the Meridian. They're willing to work with you, customize their packages, and are with you every step of the way. Planning my wedding from... Read More out of the country, they were quick to respond to emails, and always remembered us when we showed up unexpectedly. The food was really above grade for banquet hall food, the only complaint I head from my guests was that it was too much! The place was full of weddings that night, but we never heard them, every room is soundproof as well as beautiful. Future brides, please..call Joyce or Tina..you won't be sorry.

10/13/12 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 joseph y

I highly recommend Meridian. Their wait staff went above and beyond the call of duty for us. Food was excellent. Wine and Spirit selections were great.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Amanda V

WOnderful Venue, great food!