Mervis Diamond Importers: Maryland, DC, Virginia

Mervis is proud to be in the Knot Hall of Fame -- earned for consistently winning the Best of Weddings Award! We are a family business specializing in engagement and wedding rings. We know that your ring is super important and you want (and deserve) it to be perfect! Bride satisfaction is our number one goal and we will bend over backward to make you happy. The Mervis family started the business in 1935 and its our customer focus that has always been the key to our success. Mervis Diamond carries all the top ring designers like TACORI, VERRAGIO, JB STAR, and more. See a wide selection of rings across styles and budgets. Any ring you see in one of our 3 stores can be customized as you wish. Change this, add that, anything! We're here for you!

Bracelets, Brooches, Cufflinks, Earrings, Necklaces, Rings, Wedding Jewelry, Engagement Rings, Appraisals, Custom Designs, Engraving, Financing Available, Jewelry Cleaning, Ring Insurance, Ring Sizing, Ring Services, Wedding Rings

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

1900 Mervis Way, Tysons, VA (703) 448-9000

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Edward F

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! I can’t tell you how great this store is. I love the service, the quality of stones are second to none & the price is spot on. You can come into this store without pressure. When it was time to secure my fiance’s engagement ring,... Read More Monica got me the most beautiful ring, it was a perfect surprise! The wedding bands were super easy to secure as well. Just loved this store!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Norman S

I just purchased my second diamond ring from Mervis Diamond Importers & once again the team there provided exceptional service. Brenda took the time to find the perfect diamond (my wife cannot stop looking at her ring) The prices are the best in the business & the in-house... Read More craftsmanship is second to none. If you’re in the market for a new diamond or any other jewelry need, I strongly encourage you to try Mervis Diamonds first!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Richard P

We (me & my fiancee) happened to check out Mervis Diamond Importers after hearing some recommendations from friends. Becky was absolutely wonderful to work with. She always took the time & care for us to feel like we could as many questions as we needed. Both my fiancee & I,... Read More have always felt at ease communicating with her. We’ll plan the future purchase of our wedding bands with Becky. I can’t say enough how much my fiance loves her ring.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Albert W

Five-star thanks to the man, the owner, the myth, the legend- Jonathan Mervis. He was outstanding to work with when I was shopping for wedding bands. Excellent pricing, communication & professionalism. I’d recommend this store (Mervis Diamond Importers) if you are in the market... Read More for wedding bands, engagement rings or something nice as a surprise to your SO. Their professionalism, friendliness, knowledge & attention to detail will definitely impress and astound you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Raymond E

had been to a number of jewelry stores in search of an engagement ring. However, after being at Mervis Diamond Importers for just a few minutes, I knew this place was different. They had a wide variety of rings. The staff were extremely helpful & spent a lot of time walking me... Read More through different options. They never pressured me to buy anything. Instead, they helped me find the right ring at a good price. When I presented the ring to my now fiancee, she loved it! Bottomline: Amazing customer service, great selection & superb experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Tony B

Great customer service! It’s sad to me how pleasantly surprising great service can be! Truly classy, they were never pushy or condescending, helpful & nice. I went with my fiance to look at engagement ring & we felt welcomed and were offered a drink as soon as we walked in. Dodi... Read More was very conscious of the different stages of ‘looking’ one can be in & was never pushy and never made me feel as though we were wasting her time. She showed us some amazing pieces & we bought a gorgeous one among them. If you want something different, just go to Mervis Diamonds.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Philip R

The service was incredible! Monica was amazing. She was very knowledgeable & caring. Honestly, this is some of the best of any business I’ve ever been to! The sales staffs help you get what you want, not tell you what you want like other places. Their store policies are... Read More unbeatable. Their inventory is classic & unique. Going to this establishment was a fantastic experience. When I’m rich, I’ll return to buy up the whole store!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Nathan W

Buying an engagement ring that fits your specific taste & budget is a big undertaking. It can be difficult & confusing. Fortunately, I went to Mervis & Janette was able to help make this a fun & exciting process. She took extra time to explain the pros & cons of different... Read More styles, offered a lot of options & worked with me over a couple months to create a personalized settings that allowed me to give my fiancee a beautiful ring! I couldn’t be happier with the process and Janette’s professionalism & customer service. Highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 John E

Monica really made me feel comfortable during my engagement ring purchasing experience. Knowledgeable & very straightforward advice. Service by (incredibly easy to arrange) appointment, so you receive undivided attention. All that really matters though, my wife loves her ring.... Read More Also, bought our wedding rings here, putting our money where my mouth is so to speak. Will be back for more gold & gems!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Darren M

I’ve never written a Yelp review before. But Mervis is above & beyond service made me feel I must share my experience with everyone. I can’t say enough praise about Monica. Being a genuinely nice lady, she really knows what she is talking about & passionate about her trade. She... Read More was extremely helpful, knowledgeable & wasn’t pushy at all. Do yourself a favor & make an appointment. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 James T

Almost a year ago, I purchased an engagement ring for my soon to be fiancee. Naturally I was nervous & a little unsure of what I was looking for. But Brenda helped me find the perfect diamond & then the perfect setting. She was exceptionally helpful from the first day I walked... Read More in & now a year later, she’s just as eager to help. We just recently returned to look at wedding bands & again Brenda helped us find what we were looking for. Her professionalism, friendliness, knowledge & attention to detail continues to impress and astound me. I’ve told many friends about Mervis Diamonds & will continue to recommend them to everyone that asks.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Corey A

Excellent jewelry store that offers a good selection of ready made items & does beautiful custom work. I’ve visited other local jewelry stores, but the quality & customer service here is unmatched. Customers are given enough time & attention. The team always understood what I... Read More was saying and asking to sees. I would highly recommend Mervis Diamonds & I’m extremely happy to have found trusted jewelers. I’ll be back very soon! Bottomline: If you need some real jewelry, go & visit this store.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Carlos K

I bought our wedding bands here & had exceptional customer service! They’re very helpful & knowledgeable. I didn’t feel pressured into buying their product which made me want to buy from them even more. They have a large variety that is beautiful & will suit anyone’s taste. From... Read More the moment we walked in they treated us phenomenally. We’ll now be lifelong customers! We highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Michael B

Great friendly staff. I bought an engagement ring with Mervis 26 years ago and I have never regretted it. Fazken at the Tysons Store was most helpful with an appraisal that I needed on a ring that was bought elsewhere. The Tysons Corner Store is very nice and that staff is most... Read More professional.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Roger A

My diamond ring was from Mervis and it was a Tacori. It so happened that I got to know about their amazing collection through my sister. She has a halo Tacori ring with a round center -- which I liked, but I wanted something a bit different. (Our mom and all our family basically... Read More has rounds, which is ok, but not for me). I went with my then BF to try on cushion cut Tacori rings -- and lo and behond -- he brought one home for me just a few months later! Yay!! Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Premu D

I wanted to get a ring for my now-fiance but was nervous about where to start. I asked around and multiple people mentioned that they shopped at Mervis and I should check it out. I’m glad I did. The staff was helpful & knowledgeable. I told them a little about what I knew I... Read More wanted and they brought out great options. Some were similar to what I had seen on their website and some were completely unique. Monica took her time to help me pick out the best & most beautiful ring for our price range. Both my fiancee and I were extremely pleased with their service and will be back to get the matching wedding bands in a few months.

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Alexandra H

Excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sidd S

In the last one year I've bought an Engagement ring and a Wedding band from Mervis. Safe to say that I've found a Jeweler for life. Special thanks to Lisa Binder who is an absolute life saver!!! My first experience with Mervis was in July 2007, when I turned to them for help... Read More after another jeweler failed to deliver what I needed. With two weeks to the proposal date I was left high and dry without a ring to propose with. Then came Lisa who first calmed me down and then started reaching out to the designers in NY. Within two weeks I got the ring I wanted, just in time for the big proposal. My second experience was only a few hours back. I was looking for a wedding band that matched the engagement ring. I reached out to trusty Lisa and explained her what I needed. The price of the wedding band from the same designer had recenlty gone up substantially. Knowing my budget, she went out of her way to work with the desingers to get the ring at the price before the hike. She could have easily sold the ring to me at the higher price and I would have bought it. But she did not. Her commitment to her clients speaks volumes about her and the service that Mervis provides to its clients. Buying diamonds and rings is a daunting task for any guy. We need someone to help us who we can trust. Mervis is the place to go and Lisa is the person to talk to.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Erin B

After visiting other jewelers in the area and being unimpressed with the level of service, we recently went to Mervis looking for an engagement ring. We had a wonderful experience working with Mika Rocket! We never felt rushed or pressured during any of our visits with her. She... Read More was very kind, helpful and patient with us throughout the entire process. She took the time to understand what we were looking for and worked with the designer to create the PERFECT ring that fit within our budget. It's exactly what we wanted! We highly recommend going to Mervis and working with Mika!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Kevin S

I recently got married and one of the things that helped make it special was Mervis Diamond and Emilie. I had a very large group of girls with me to help pick out the perfect engagement ring for my girlfriend. We set aside two weekends to check out a few places to browse(first... Read More weekend) and purchase(second weekend). After stopping in 3-4 other jewlery stores which had mostly off the shelf rings that didnt really look appealing to our group one person suggested we head across the street to the Mervis in Vienna. From the minute you enter the premises we were greeted by not one but four people offering to take our coats but also offered juice/tea/coffee. They inquired about what we were looking for and then escorted us to a glass enclosed room. From the minute we sat down we had a ton of information waiting for us to browse as they requested a diamond consultant to come help us. We only had waited about 5 minutes when Emilie came in and introduced herself to us and what she did at Mervis. She gave a detailed but brief background of her expertise and went to work helping us choose the perfect CUSTOM engagement ring. Emilie took most of her day to sit with us as we were at the location 3-4+ hrs. We went through which type of band and what style we wanted(the platinum looks FANTASTIC BTW) and then we started to craft which style of diamond we wanted as the center piece. We found the perfect diamond but i still felt it needed one on each side to compliment so she had the great idea to add in 2 stones to each side. She sketched out a nice little diagram of how each stone would look on the band i chose and i was 100% happy. We went from off the shelf to something that was 100% ours and one of a kind. Since the ring was 100% custom they gave me a figure of 4-6 weeks which i had no issues with as i wasnt planning of proposing till june. After 3 weeks i got a call from Emilie(not some machine) and she gave me the great news that it had come in and looked great. I took the short drive down to the Mervis store in Rockville with a friend of the soon to be fiance and both of us were blown away with how beautiful the ring was. It was exactly how i wanted. When we went to pay they asked my form of payment(paid in full at the time of receipt) and had no issue taking a debit card for the purchase and everything went smoothly with as large of a purchase as it was(gotta brag a bit). Proposed a month later and my now wife broke down in tears. She couldnt believe how gorgeous the ring was and how jealous most of her friends were. It really was the best experience a very nervous guy(Emilie probably knows me shaking) could have had. I was so happy with my first purchase with Mervis that my fiance and I went back to Mervis and specifically Emilie for our purchase of our wedding bands. And as before everything went smooth as butter. Blown away again by the service. Emilie - thank you for everything, you truly made our buying experience special.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kristin M

My fiancé had an idea of the ring he wanted to give me when he proposed. Arnie at Mervis helped him bring his idea to life. After he popped the question, at Guinness in Ireland, he could not stop talking about his vision and how fantastic Arnie at Mervis is. He couldn't wait... Read More for me to meet him so I did the day after we got back to town. I was forewarned about the security at the doors but I can't help but agree the security made me feel more at ease. We went back to see Arnie for our wedding bands and it was so easy. They took the design for my engagement ring and created a beautiful wedding band for my fiancé. I can't wait til the rings come in. Thanks Arnie we feel like we have a new friend.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Joani W

Dodi Giuliani is amazing!!!! She worked tirelessly to make my wife's engagement ring perfect. I wanted to increase the size of the cushion cut diamond, so the size of the halo had to be increased as well. To top it of, I needed the ring back by a specific date. Did Dodi... Read More deliver? Absolutely!!!! If you want extra special treatment with your diamond purchase, go see Dodi.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jonathan G

Maria was my salesperson. She provided excellent background on each ring and explained how the different settings and bands would look on my fiance's finger. I would highly recommend both Mervis and Maria! She clearly knows her stuff and is very helpful. She also did not... Read More apply pressure and was transparent about everything. She even showed me the diamond I was purchasing up close under the microscope and explained what to look for.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Michael H

It is impossible to live in the DMV without hearing about Mervis Diamond Importers. I must admit I was a wee bit leery at my first visit to their showroom in Tysons corner. My partner and I decided to visit after we attended a wedding expo in VA were we were treated a little... Read More like a curious oddity. So many vendors seemed excited to work with a gay couple. It all rang a bit hollow to me, so I think I was a little angsty when we approached the Mervis store with "1-800-her love" running through my head. My partner and I drew in a deep breath and waited to be buzzed into the showroom. We were greeted warmly by their receptionist and were were asked if we would like a refreshment. We told the receptionist that we were interested in speaking with someone about diamond wedding bands for men. She introduced us to Fazken Krikorian, who walked us to his office. He offered us a seat and began asking us questions. No pressure, no pushiness, just honest interest in hearing what we were thinking about. We showed him some photos and he gave us feedback on what he thought the pros and cons were of each ring. He encouraged us to think about two custom rings. He explained that from how he understood our interest and extrapolating from the photos, custom was the way to go. Fazken walked us through each stage of the design of the rings. He guided us with visual aids, specifically, he brought several bands along with more loose diamonds than I have ever seen in my life. He explained to us that as you select bigger diamonds the height of the ring must also grow. As we were both clear that we did not want one of those lollipop diamond rings on our finger or a big solitar, he began to sketch out a ring design that we both fell in love with. Now we just needed to find two identical diamonds, easy right? Not quite. Apparently, finding two stones of the same carat, cut, clarity and color is not easy. Fazken, though, was undaunted. It took a bit of time to locate the twin of the original diamond we selected but patience paid off. We even received several phone calls from Mr. Mervis letting us know how the search was proceeding. When the second diamond was located Fazken invited us into the showroom to check it out and compare it to our original diamond. With each stone we received GIA reports (which was so helpful in providing information that the naked eye could not see). Since we had already approved the CAD that Fazken generated for the ring, we were able to move immediately to manufacture of the ring. In less than two weeks we received a call from Fazken that our rings were ready. Our excitement was matched only by Fazken's and Mr. Mervis (who stopped in to say hi and ask how we liked the finished product). In sum, our experience was effortless. We wholeheartedly recommend Fazken Krikorian and Mervis Diamond to anyone interested in diamond jewelry.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Ryan B

My Mervis experience was truly exceptional. From the moment I walked in the door, I was greeted and given a full diamond buying explanation. Jordan, the Mervis associate with guided me through the buying process, was fantastic. He took the time to explain the complexities of... Read More what to look or when purchasing a diamond. Further, he helped me design a custom engagement ring that my Fiancee loves! The entire process was superb. If you are looking to design a custom engagement ring, looking for a diamond, or just want a premium buying experience, see Jordan at Mervis. I could not have asked for a better service experience.

Jonathan Mervis

Jonathan Mervis is the grandson of Morris Mervis, who founded the company in 1935. He is the son of Ronnie Mervis, whose voice many in the DC area may be know from his distinctive radio ads. Jonathan learned the diamond jewelry business from family, the same way the jewelry industry has worked for hundreds of years. It's the authentic way of passing down the craftsmanship and passion a jeweler should have for his trade. Jonathan completed his jewelry training at Gemological Institute of America (GIA) after degrees at University of Pennsylvania and University of Maryland.