Mervis Diamond Importers: Maryland, DC, Virginia

Voted Best Place to Buy a Diamond on washingtonpost.com and voted Best Wedding Rings on W*USA A-List Top 100, Mervis Diamond Importers is clearly Washington's first choice for discerning brides. With four convenient showrooms, you'll be impressed with the quality and selection you receive.

Bracelets, Brooches, Cufflinks, Earrings, Necklaces, Rings, Wedding Jewelry, Engagement Rings, Appraisals, Custom Designs, Engraving, Financing Available, Jewelry Cleaning, Ring Insurance, Ring Sizing, Ring Services, Wedding Rings

1900 Mervis Way, Tysons, VA (703) 448-9000

Excellent Service and Product

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Ally B

Talk to Rahul Vohra... he knows what's up. He found the perfect diamond for my boyfriend to propose with and then helped us pick wedding bands.

Rings

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Lauren L

My groom got my engagement ring from Mervis and we got our wedding bands from here as well. They are really great and professional! They take the time to sit you down and hear what you're looking for and what you can afford. They bring you several dozen rings in (all in your... Read More budget) and let you try on and take as long as you want in a private room. They also offer free sizing and cleaning for the big day!

My hubby's ring

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Yogita T

Great service to get you a beautiful ring!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Alexandra H

Excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sidd S

In the last one year I've bought an Engagement ring and a Wedding band from Mervis. Safe to say that I've found a Jeweler for life. Special thanks to Lisa Binder who is an absolute life saver!!! My first experience with Mervis was in July 2007, when I turned to them for help... Read More after another jeweler failed to deliver what I needed. With two weeks to the proposal date I was left high and dry without a ring to propose with. Then came Lisa who first calmed me down and then started reaching out to the designers in NY. Within two weeks I got the ring I wanted, just in time for the big proposal. My second experience was only a few hours back. I was looking for a wedding band that matched the engagement ring. I reached out to trusty Lisa and explained her what I needed. The price of the wedding band from the same designer had recenlty gone up substantially. Knowing my budget, she went out of her way to work with the desingers to get the ring at the price before the hike. She could have easily sold the ring to me at the higher price and I would have bought it. But she did not. Her commitment to her clients speaks volumes about her and the service that Mervis provides to its clients. Buying diamonds and rings is a daunting task for any guy. We need someone to help us who we can trust. Mervis is the place to go and Lisa is the person to talk to.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Erin B

After visiting other jewelers in the area and being unimpressed with the level of service, we recently went to Mervis looking for an engagement ring. We had a wonderful experience working with Mika Rocket! We never felt rushed or pressured during any of our visits with her. She... Read More was very kind, helpful and patient with us throughout the entire process. She took the time to understand what we were looking for and worked with the designer to create the PERFECT ring that fit within our budget. It's exactly what we wanted! We highly recommend going to Mervis and working with Mika!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Joani W

Dodi Giuliani is amazing!!!! She worked tirelessly to make my wife's engagement ring perfect. I wanted to increase the size of the cushion cut diamond, so the size of the halo had to be increased as well. To top it of, I needed the ring back by a specific date. Did Dodi... Read More deliver? Absolutely!!!! If you want extra special treatment with your diamond purchase, go see Dodi.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Michael H

It is impossible to live in the DMV without hearing about Mervis Diamond Importers. I must admit I was a wee bit leery at my first visit to their showroom in Tysons corner. My partner and I decided to visit after we attended a wedding expo in VA were we were treated a little... Read More like a curious oddity. So many vendors seemed excited to work with a gay couple. It all rang a bit hollow to me, so I think I was a little angsty when we approached the Mervis store with "1-800-her love" running through my head. My partner and I drew in a deep breath and waited to be buzzed into the showroom. We were greeted warmly by their receptionist and were were asked if we would like a refreshment. We told the receptionist that we were interested in speaking with someone about diamond wedding bands for men. She introduced us to Fazken Krikorian, who walked us to his office. He offered us a seat and began asking us questions. No pressure, no pushiness, just honest interest in hearing what we were thinking about. We showed him some photos and he gave us feedback on what he thought the pros and cons were of each ring. He encouraged us to think about two custom rings. He explained that from how he understood our interest and extrapolating from the photos, custom was the way to go. Fazken walked us through each stage of the design of the rings. He guided us with visual aids, specifically, he brought several bands along with more loose diamonds than I have ever seen in my life. He explained to us that as you select bigger diamonds the height of the ring must also grow. As we were both clear that we did not want one of those lollipop diamond rings on our finger or a big solitar, he began to sketch out a ring design that we both fell in love with. Now we just needed to find two identical diamonds, easy right? Not quite. Apparently, finding two stones of the same carat, cut, clarity and color is not easy. Fazken, though, was undaunted. It took a bit of time to locate the twin of the original diamond we selected but patience paid off. We even received several phone calls from Mr. Mervis letting us know how the search was proceeding. When the second diamond was located Fazken invited us into the showroom to check it out and compare it to our original diamond. With each stone we received GIA reports (which was so helpful in providing information that the naked eye could not see). Since we had already approved the CAD that Fazken generated for the ring, we were able to move immediately to manufacture of the ring. In less than two weeks we received a call from Fazken that our rings were ready. Our excitement was matched only by Fazken's and Mr. Mervis (who stopped in to say hi and ask how we liked the finished product). In sum, our experience was effortless. We wholeheartedly recommend Fazken Krikorian and Mervis Diamond to anyone interested in diamond jewelry.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Igna R

I went to Mervis with a girlfriend of mine to get some ideas for her engagement ring! Her guy gave us the OK to pick out some styles she liked and then he would go in afterwards and pick from amongst those. And they decided he would pick out the center stone on his own too. She... Read More got to choose the shape, but not the size or clarity. Anyway we went into their store one Saturday afternoon and I have to say we were treated very well. (This was after we were basically ignored at a few other stores for being 2 girls shopping without a guy). We looked a whole range of different styes but really liked the micro pave halo rings the most. We wrote down a few different style numbers for her man and then left. It was a great experience. I found the sales associate very nice and informative. I am not sure why others had bad experiences. Maybe some of their sales people are better than others. We worked with Emily and I can recommend her. I don't know her hours but she was there on Saturday. I am not sure where the boyfriend will ultimately buy the ring. We ended up giving him a long list of options from three different places. But of them all, I have to say we got the best service at Mervis. Hey that rhymes.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Fizza T

My husband (finace then) initially (and later I) worked closely with Rahul Vohra of Mervis Diamond Importers of Tysons/Vienna -- best decision ever! Rahul is a Senior Diamond Consultant, and very well educated in the business. He was extremely professional and really worked with... Read More us to get us exactly what we (ME) wanted! We started from scratch -- I got to pick the size and the 4Cs with the help of Rahul of course. We were deciding between the two: Tacori or Verragio. For me, I liked the very detailed and intricate designs that Verragio had, so we went with them. Rahul worked with Verragio to get us EXACTLY what we wanted, custom designed to the T. Our design was so custom, that Barry Verragio himself had to get involved and over-see the process of the ring! The final piece was just unbelievably gorgeous. And we selected a beautiful Verragio band to go along with it. I would recommend Mervis to all and furthermore, recommend you work with Rahul Vohra -- no pushy sales, finds you exactly what you are looking for, bends over backwards to help you get what you want, and makes you a life long customer! Thank you Mervis Vienna and especially Rahul Vohra!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Patrick B

We started looking at engagement rings prospectively about a year ago at a variety of stores. And while many stores did not take us seriously, Nina at Mervis did. She gave us a broad overview of our choices, and was easy and pleasant to deal with. At no point did we feel... Read More pressured to make a decision before we were ready. So when it came time to actually purchase the ring, it was an easy choice to go back to Mervis. Again Nina was wonderful and helped me select a great diamond and setting within a price range I was comfortable with. My fiancee loves it! Everything about the transaction with Mervis was outstanding, and I highly recommend Nina.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Timmy G

I had an extremely tight budget and was headed for the local mall to find a ring. Luckily my recently engaged friend called up his new buddy, Evan Mervis, at the Rockville Mervis Diamond, and found that he could clear some time for us. Not only was Evan able to find an option... Read More twice as good as I'd expected for my price limit, he was able to deeply educate us on diamond evaluation and share advice on proposal techniques. Later, we went to the mall to check out the large chain stores and smaller ones, as well. Some of the price ranges were close, but since Evan had taken the time to teach us how to find inclusions and compare other facets, we came away largely disappointed from the selections available at the mall. Evan treats each customer as a friend, and establishes a sense of trust by giving honest and direct answers. If he can't manage something, he doesn't BS about it. He uses his experience combined with your details to find a solution that meets or exceeds people's needs. He made my friend happy, and he made me happy, but that is not as important as Evan's ultimate goal: how happy he made our fiances. I'll definitely be returning for the wedding bands.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Bryan H

We purchased our engagement ring and our wedding bands at Mervis diamonds and we had a fantastic experience. Our salesperson was Fazken Krikorian and he was excellent! He was very knowledgeable, did not pressure us and didn't even try to sell us the most expensive rings. He... Read More was very patient with our questions and responded to emails promptly - even off hours. I was dreading shopping for rings and Fazken made it enjoyable.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Gary R

This was our first time at Mervis. I must say it was a very pleasant experience. Deva Helmand assisted us and her recommendations were "on spot." She listened to our desires and provided advice. She also provided information on the artisans/designers of the various diamonds;... Read More she stayed with us the entire visit never once having to take another call or make her excuses to assist others. And the reason I'm stressing this point is because I can imagine compared to other customers Mervis is used to dealing with; our purchases were no more than %11K. They treat all customers the same no matter the perceived social strata. It felt like Deva was a close friend from the time we first met until the deal was done. Her expertise, her professionalism, her kindness, her sincerity---her entire demeanor was no less than stellar and the epitome of customer service! I will definitely recommend Mervis and Deva and I would go back in heartbeat! Look for Deva to become one of the corporate leaders in the future.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Erin B

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brad M

When it comes to professionalism, Mervis Diamond is at the top of the class. Their Tysons Corner location is elegant and inspiring. Buying an engagement ring for my fiance was such an enjoyable and special occasion for me, due to the helpful and knowledgeable staff at Mervis.... Read More I had no need to go to another diamond store. I just felt comfortable with my purchase and knew what I was buying would make a statement. This is the place you go to, if you want quality and a unique diamond buying experience. Do not be fooled by the saturated market of generic diamond stores, and check out Mervis first. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brad M

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Amir B

I have been looking for an engagement ring for the last few weeks. I went to a handful of different jewelers in the area but none of them compared to the professional and customer centered focus I received at Mervis Tysons Corner. I would like to make special mention of the... Read More representative that helped me, Jonathan Ochs. Jonathan was patient, accommodating, and was incredible with helping me find the exact design I was looking for (the bonus was that I never felt uncomfortable or pressured). Bottom line, I would highly recommend going to Mervis for engagement rings and tell you to ask for Jonathan.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katie K

We purchased our engagement ring here last week. My fiance and I walked in without an appointment and were matched with Dion, who was so patient. He didn't even flinch at our budget, which was small for an engagement ring. He never tried to upsell us; rather, he did... Read More everything he could to stay within the range we told him. He found us a great quality diamond that was bigger and better than we thought we could afford. It was certainly more than we could have gotten at the box stores where we had been looking. I love that their diamonds are conflict free and their 'trade up' policy (especially on our budget). We will be purchasing our wedding bands here; honestly, we'll be lifelong Mervis customers. They cater to a different customer, which is why I think they've gotten mixed reviews, but don't let that discourage you from doing business with them.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016

My fiance and I went to Mervis not knowing what I would like and they Customer Service was amazing. She found the perfect ring for me which made our budget. We will only shop at Mervis from now on. No other jewelry store could match Mervis Services. Trust me I have been to many... Read More over the past week, Mervis was the best hands down. Thank you Nancy Lach.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Albert S

If you want a great experience, with professionals that know their stuff and an experience that is no-pressure, I would say go to Mervis Diamonds. I highly recommend them. I cannot begin to explain how great Mervis Diamond Importers is.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016

I recently bought an engagement ring at Mervis in Tysons, and the service that I received from the sales staff completely exceeded my expectations. I worked with Sara Tosyali, who went out of her way to make sure that each detail of the ring and the diamond was perfect. Sara was... Read More very responsive to my emails and met me multiple times to select the right diamond for the ring. She is very knowledgeable and professional, and I highly recommend working with her and the group at Mervis.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Court C

I accompanied my friend for a day of engagement ring shopping because her boyfriend hates to shop and he figured it would be easier to send me with her for her to figure out what she wanted for her engagement ring. We went to tons of different jewelry stores and made a point of... Read More saving Mervis for last. By the time we arrived, around 4:30, it was busy but there was a room available and a staff member was quick to get some preliminary information from my friend. She had an idea of what she was looking for by the time we got to Mervis. The woman helping her (who we immediately identified as a diamond expert) left us very briefly and before we knew it, she was back with tons of little envelopes and a velvet board. She and my friend went through tons of different combinations of bands and stones until she found the few she really loved. The selection at Mervis was great and even though it was getting late in the afternoon on a busy Saturday the saleswoman was more than happy to help us out. More than that, she knew that my friend (especially with me there and not her boyfriend) wouldn't be buying anything that day, and still gave us amazing service. What started out as a pretty daunting day for my friend ended with her being so happy. She couldn't wait to get home and tell her boyfriend that she had found some great options for him. They're not engaged YET but it better be soon!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Dan W

I bought a diamond ring 15 years ago from them. I now live in another state. a prong broke off. I called and spoke to Jordan S. He asked me to send a photo in. Minutes later he called me with a repair estimate. The repair was less than 500 dollars, and I was treated like I was... Read More buying a 20K diamond ring and not just a minor repair. Every phone call I made he followed with an answer. Every email I sent he answered. The business has great PR, but more importantly in this day and age where all you have are answering machines and very little or no follow-up, Mervis did it right with Jordan. He followed up with me, he reached out to me to make sure what I needed was taken care of. I can't be more pleased!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

Mervis is the absolute best place to buy diamonds!! My fiance went there to buy my diamond and was pleasantly surprised by the time and effort that the staff put in to helping him find the exact right setting. Nancy went out of her way to sit down and really drill down exactly... Read More what my fiance wanted (he is REALLY picky). When I went to meet Nancy to have the ring sized she was incredibly patient, kind, welcoming, and I felt I had known her for a while! Excellent store, excellent service. Thanks!