Metropolis Ballroom of Arlington Heights

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Loft

6 South Vail Ave, Arlington Heights, IL (847) 870-8787

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Becca W

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, the Metropolis Ballroom did an amazing job making my vision come to life. Shawna was BEYOND amazing to work with, she went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and make this time as stress free as she possibly could. I cannot... Read More thank Shawna enough for everything she did for us!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Jaclyn W

Our wedding at the Metropolis was everything I could have wanted. Shawna was a pleasure to work with. She was always very professional and VERY accommodating during the entire process. The tasting was so much fun with SO much food. They are willing to make the menu very... Read More customized which was awesome! You can essentially make a suggestion and they will make it happen (we had a shot of tequila and a mini taco as our appetizer). On the day of our wedding, my husband and I walked into the ballroom and were blown away by the beauty of the set-up. The lights, linens, and arrangement were perfect. The staff was amazing and were pretty much willing to do anything for the entire wedding party(ie more food, wine, etc) as well as all the guests. I would highly recommend the Metropolis Ballroom. It gives a modern and city feel but with the convenience and modesty of the suburbs.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Kathleen H

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Metropolis Ballroom in Arlington Heights. Firstly, a couple good things about it are the location in the middle of downtown Arlington Heights, the modern main ballroom design, the separate cocktail hour rooms, and the... Read More outdoor terrace. The food was fine, not great. What really made us upset, though, was the whole planning process. There were a lot of things that were not pleasant, and they all happened because the main wedding coordinator there, Shawna, did not know what she was doing. She was horrible with communication, unaccommodating, rude, and apathetic. Often times, we’d send her emails updating her on rentals, guest lists, menu choices, etc. but wouldn’t receive a response/confirmation for weeks and usually only after we reminded her to get back to us. Along the same lines, when we would send her these updates, we’d ask that she update the proposal and send it back. Most of the time, the proposal was never updated, and when it was, it was updated incorrectly. At the onsite planning meetings, we would typically just go over the details that we had previously communicated in our emails, which made them pointless. It was frustrating because we kept being told we needed to have these pointless planning meetings, but she was never able to meet when we were available. We always had to leave work early or take time off work to accommodate her schedule. The tasting was another particularly bad experience. Shawna didn’t know anything about the menu. We found bones in our fish. The dirty dishes never got cleared. We were given a very rude response when we started to ask questions about our rentals, being told we’ll have to schedule another day to discuss that because this wasn’t a planning meeting. On our actual wedding day the wait staff was nice, but as the bride (and the one that was paying for the event) I was served last. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t supposed to happen, and it was pretty disrespectful. The only way our event ended up alright is because our planner was phenomenal. At the end of it all our wedding turned out well, but because of all the other vendors that did their job well. Looking back our wedding definitely was not worth all the disrespect and poor planning by Metropolis. We felt like they cared about our money more than they care about us. I do not recommend using the Metropolis Ballroom for your venue.

2015-12-11T17:41:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, your feedback is much appreciated. We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience and hope that you can continue to see some of the positives in your time with us. We also hope that we are... Read Less Read More

Ceremony and reception

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kelsey L

We had both our ceremony and reception at Metropolis. Everything was absolutely perfect. We were very impressed with the venues execution of all events from beginning planning stages to last minute details. The food was delicious and all of our guests were very complimentary.