Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club

Newark, NJ

Ballroom, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

One Newark Center 22nd Floor, Newark, NJ (973) 242-0658

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Marlon P

When me and my wife were looking for venues, we definitely wanted something different. The Newark Club provides a lounge like feel with a view of the city, which you won't get at any other venue in the area. I may be a little biased but, this venue has the best food of any of... Read More the venues we have been to as guest. Our guests are still raving about the mac and cheese, turkey, and rueben sandwiches at cocktail hour and saying that the steak they had at dinner was the best they have ever had a wedding, You want the guest at your wedding to eat well, and it is guaranteed your guest will not leave hungry. Maria who was the main sales rep we dealt with and she is a ROCKSTAR. She was easy to communicate with and answered me and wife's million and half questions about absolutely everything. I know this is corny but we got the sense she cared about us and wanted to make the entire process as stress free as possible. She even met with me near my house to give her some stupid prop I had forgot to give her for the photo booth at our last meeting (FYI it was a lucha libre mask). She was absolutely EVERYWHERE on the night of our wedding, tending not only to me and my wife, but to our families making sure we had anything and everything we wanted. Oh and I HAVE to mention the bridal attendant, Cookie who is an absolute sweetheart. Cookie took care us of all night and was great with our families as well. The venue is the biggest decision any couple has to make when planning a wedding, and me and my wife could have not be happier we went with the Newark Club. We loved it so much we want some one else to get married there so we can actually sit and enjoy some of this food our guests loved so much. So, Cookie, Maria, and Harry, keep up the good work and thank you for all you did to make our night so much fun.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Phillip D

This place is worth 100 stars, made OUR day PERFECT. Cannot thank Maria and staff enough. Had our wedding here and I can go on for a long time on how amazing it was. A++++ staff, Maria is the absolute best to work with. She truly cares about what you need and want. I am... Read More portuguese and she even delivered on getting my favorite portuguese custard dessert. Just the best. A++++ food. Nothing but compliments on all of the food. Steak was perfect, salmon was delicious and chicken was so tasty. You will not be disappointed. A++++ event space. This room can hold 200+, I don't know the exact number but it is very spacious YET at the same time for a party of 150, it felt cozy. Bar location was perfect and was big enough no one had to wait for drinks. Daryl puts on a show he was great. A++++ views. Great views of nyc and Newark with large windows looking out all around. Thank you to Artie, Howie and Maria. I will be recommending you and your establishment for life.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Jody N

Harry, we love you! Our wedding was absolutely breathtaking. All of our little trinkets we brought to you to set up were beautifully displayed for our guests. We had a lot of out of state guests who were amazed by the scenery and the wonderful staff at the Newark Club. Daryl... Read More put on a show for our guests at the bar. Hands down, Daryl is the best best bartender in the world! Cookie, you took care of me and my husband from start to finish; you made sure we had food, drinks, cake, and fun! She even fixed my dress when my bustle came undone. If you want a venue that cares about your event, look no further. Th Newark Club is your place! I promise the staff will not let you down.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 George M

The BEST day of our lives!!! Maria and the rest of the team made this day absolutely perfect and unforgettable. Every detail was seamlessly taken care of! The Newark Club exceeded our expectations of good view, great food, and amazing service. Our guests are still in awe and... Read More continue to tell it is it was the best wedding they have attended. The price was very affordable for a Saturday night wedding and we feel we got more than we paid for as far as quality. Maria was amazing to work with, always answering questions and being 5 steps ahead of me. We can't thank Newark Club enough for helping us have the most memorable day of our lives!!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

Our daughter was married in the Metropolitan Room in February, 2016, and we could not have been more pleased! Maria flawlessly guided us from start to finish. The Staff members were professional and friendly. The food was absolute PERFECTION. The bar, top-shelf. The city... Read More views from the 22nd floor were amazing and rival all others in the area. Access from the NJ Turnpike is effortless and valet parking for our guests, a breeze. Nice Hotels in the area (we used The Hampton Inn in Harrison and were very pleased) with shuttle service to and from The Metropolitan Room. It has been over one month since the wedding, and we are still receiving resounding compliments on the outstanding food and drink, service, ambiance and views. This is a classy, impressive venue. FIVE STARS!

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Dina K

We had an amazing experience with having our wedding at the Newark Club. We worked with Maria from the beginning and she was very accommodating to a few special requests we had. She was extremely communicative and responsive - answering long lists of questions and making us and... Read More our nervous parents always feel at-ease. The night of the wedding could not have went any better or any smoother - Maria, Harry and Artie ran the party during the night. Everything went according to schedule and completely seamlessly. Our guests all raved about how nice and attentive the staff was, and how good the food was - and how much there was of it! The room itself looked BEAUTIFUL - we had holiday lights around the room and that along with the amber lighting created such a lovely, romantic atmosphere. The lobby of the building was transformed for the cocktail hour - it looked chic and romantic. Some of the things we loved about this venue - valet parking was included, which numerous people told us was extremely convenient; it is walking distance from NJ transit; and everything was run with extreme professionalism and skill.

Wedding Perfection! 14NOV2015

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Rosana S

Hands down, no contest the BEST night of our lives! All brought to you by the absolute BEST staff and venue we have ever seen. To start, let's begin with the breakdown of this venue. Beautiful view, wonderful access, prime location, amazingly furnished and luxurious! We fell in... Read More love with it the second we saw it! The view took our breathe away. From the lobby to the rooftop this was hands down our first choice when it came down to picking our magical moment to happen. Now onward to the staff, There are quite a few people I will mention here because they deserve the recognition for their hard work and dedication to making this all possible. I want to start with Maria, from the FIRST day, instant love! Professional, charming and an absolute wonderful person! There was nothing she couldn't do, "no" and "can't" are not words in her vernacular. Always professional and a phone call, text or email away from getting in contact with her. Extremely helpful during our final weeks! Basically at our beck and call when we needed her! We felt as if she was our personal wedding planner, always giving us ideas and tips when we had not no idea what to do or were stuck. Very accommodating to all of our needs and wants. Absolutely made the night a huge success! Thanks so much Maria, we love you! Onward to Harry, Harry was our behind the scene ring master! Very helpful and kept us all calm and ready for our big night! He made sure everyone had what they needed and ensured if we didn't ... We did. Artie our maitre'd, a constant mover, ensuring every detail was perfect and making sure everyone was comfortable and happy! Lastly COOKIE! Cookie was our biggest right hand for the night! Extremely helpful and attentive to ALL of our wedding party needs! So sweet and professional. She took the headache right out of everything! Overall, the staff and venue was an amazing choice! And we can't thank the crew enough for making our day absolutely perfect. Our families are still in awe from this venue and the view! Outstanding job!

The BEST Venue

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Breanne M

From the first time we saw the Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club, we knew it was our venue. And we worked with the BEST manager, Artie! He is amazing - very responsive via email or phone, answered all our questions, and was just there for our every need. Whenever we would go... Read More there for a meeting, he would be so welcoming and offer us food or drinks even if we would only be there for 15 minutes. He also helped us find and deal with other vendors, which was really great with everything we had going on. If you haven't been to the Newark Club and are looking for an amazing venue, look no further. Here's why: Artie is the best! The view can't be beat, especially at night! The food is outstanding! The staff is great! And our bridal attendant Cookie was so, so great! We couldn't have gotten through the night without her. We hope we have other friends/family that have weddings there in the future so we can go back & enjoy everything all over again! We can't say enough good things about this venue and will recommend it to anyone we know getting married in the future!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Caryn M

The Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club was truly a hidden gem. Guests are still asking me how I found such an amazing venue. Artie was a gem to work with. He makes you feel like family (complete with hugs!) He assured me that he would take care of EVERYTHING from the moment we... Read More booked our wedding... and he was right! The entire night was flawless and absolutely memorable. I encourage knot brides and grooms to check this place out! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Alejandra R

First words from my guest were "WOW this place is fantastic!" Of course it had to be in order to lure all of our NY family and friends to NJ. Our NJ family and friends couldn't believe what a hidden gem we found in Newark of all places. We had our ceremony and reception there... Read More which, Harry, Maria and staff did a great job of managing the flow of events of the day. The reception room itself is very versatile with whatever you want to do in regards to decor and set up.The panoramic views are absolutely beautiful. You get the NYC skyline in the far distance and some really cool views of Newark. They have great menu choices and the food is fantastic. We couldn't get enough raves from our guests on how delicious everything was. My go to person for all planning was Maria and she is really on point from scheduling to assisting in my time and action calendar. Communicating couldn't be easier. Once I gave her the info of all our vendors I didn't have to drive myself crazy with being the liaison between them. If we had to troubleshoot something in regards to the event or any other details that arose she was helpful in providing options to get a solution. All of the staff is great but since I spent majority of my time with Maria. I have to say she was my favorite. We definitely recommend you check this place out. You really do get everything for a swanky city chic event without paying all the inflated city prices.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Picking a wedding venue can be one of the most stressful things a couple can go through but as soon as we met Maria from the Newark club we knew right then this was the place for us. My husband and I got married at the Newark Club 8-29-15 and there are not enough positive... Read More words to even begin to express how truly amazing this venue is. Maria and her staff made the planning of our wedding from beginning to end easy and enjoyable. The Newark Club provided a fantastic view of Manhattan from the top floor of the building, you can't get a better background than that! All of my guests raved how elegant the club was and best yet- the food was better than most weddings they have been to. The Newark Club was accommodating to all of our special requests from the minute we first met with them all the way through completion. Maria and her staff was so very helpful with everything, Including a dedicated staff member (Ms. Cookie) to wait on us all night and we never needed anything!! My husband and I couldn't believe just how perfect and smooth the event went. Maria was there for us every step of the way almost as if this was her wedding day and she wanted everything to be perfect .I almost want to do it all over again! Thanks Newark Club for making us feel so special on that day!! Jenn & Rodney

Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 mariel r

Great food, great service, and fabulous view! The staff was very attentive and open to our suggestions to make our wedding more personal. Everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Jennifer G

My husband and I got married in April, and we held our reception at the Newark Club. We were very particular in what we were looking for when it came to a wedding venue. We wanted a view of the city, great food, and the best service. The Newark Club exceeded all of our desires.... Read More Other venues did not offer anything close to The Newark Club. This is truly a hidden gem. Our wedding was beyond amazing, we we owe it mostly to Artie and his team. From our first meeting with Artie, to the private tasting with our parents, and of course our wedding, we were continuously blown away. We cannot say enough great things. We were very lucky to have a beautiful April day, so our view of the city was absolutely breath taking both day and night. The food was beyond exceptional. Our guests are still commenting on how great the food was. The service was top notch, there wasn't a step missed. Whatever we asked for, or even didn't ask for, was delivered. Just amazing. Thank you to Artie, and his staff, for the best night ever!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

My husband and I were recently married in June and held our reception at The Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club. When we started our search, all we knew was that we wanted something a little different with a modern feel. The Metropolitan Room was just one of many premier... Read More wedding venues we looked at in the area however we quickly realized that we had stumbled upon a hidden gem, in the heart of Newark. The Metropolitan Room is located on the 22nd floor of the Newark Club, only steps away from NJ PAC. The elegant ballroom boasts stunning views of the entire Manhattan skyline as well as downtown Newark and clients have the option of holding their cocktail hour in the marble corporate lobby. We opted for this set-up as we felt it ensured that both the cocktail hour and sit-down dinner portion of the evening were separate and unique experiences for our guests. That being said, while the views and non-traditional space definitely played a role in our final decision to book at The Metropolitan Room, both my husband and I were immediately impressed by the event coordinator we met with, Maria Phillips-Smith. At our first meeting, Maria spent two hours showing us the space and taking us through exactly what we could expect the night of our wedding. Anyone going through the process knows how overwhelming an experience planning a wedding can be. We can honestly say that from our first meeting until the very last moments of our reception, Maria was there to attend to every detail, question, concern, or wish we had. Maria quickly removed the anxiety that I first worried would be a part of the planning as I truly felt it was a collaboration between the three of us to make our event unforgettable and that the ultimate success of the evening was just as important to her as it was to us. Additionally, we received countless compliments on the food served during both the cocktail hour and dinner. As we learned in one of our many meetings with Maria, the Metropolitan Room hosts corporate lunches weekly for CEO’s and high powered business executives in the area. We were assured the food would be exceptional and we were not disappointed. It was clear the night of our tasting, which Maria hosted as a private dinner for ourselves and our parents, that our guests were in for a treat. Similarly Daryl, one of the bartenders, was nothing but friendly and eager to accommodate us another evening as we worked together to create the perfect signature cocktail for our event. We had timed the reception around sunset, which is a breathtaking time to be in the Metropolitan Room. As luck would have it, the day of our wedding poured and fog quickly settled around the top of the building. But I have to say the room itself looked so stunning that the weather quickly became a non-issue. Know that if you book here and it does happen to rain, the room will stand on its own. A nice touch added by my florist was to put tea lights around the entire perimeter of the room’s windows, which, in the rain, provided for an elegant and sublime ambiance. I cannot say enough about this venue. From the attention of the entire staff to the abundant and delicious food to the stunning views you will not be disappointed. It was clear from our experience that creating the perfect event is more than a job for those we worked with and that they truly care about their clients. Put simply, it was the wedding and night of our dreams.

2015-08-04T10:01:47 Response from the vendor

Hello! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so happy you had such a wonderful night, and what a night it was! Regardless of the weather it was a spectacularly beautiful wedding! We hope we will see you both again some day.... Read Less Read More

6/26 wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Jennifer S

I can't say enough great things about the Newark Club. We worked with Harry, he made us feel like we were top priority. Anytime we had a question or concern it was answered immediately. Harry and the staff at the Newark Club gave us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you again to... Read More the Newark Club.

AMAZING venue and staff

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Rachel G

From the second that we met Maria and the other staff at the Newark Club we knew that our dream wedding could become reality. We had many unique ideas and specific things we wanted for our wedding and Maria never once said "no," but was willing to look into it for us and helped... Read More make all of them happen, including personalized center pieces (and coming in several times to make sure it would look perfect on the tables), food stations, cake sparklers, balloons covering the ceiling, etc. Maria was absolutely amazing to work with, an absolute pleasure to talk to (and always seemed happy to talk about our wedding or any of the ideas that we had), was easily available to speak with, and went out of her way to make us happy and give us the wedding of our dreams. There is no way we could have had our dream wedding, with all of the additional unique pieces that we wanted (and had), at a different venue or without Maria. Maria and her team made it happen and we couldnt be any happier. We truly had The Best Wedding Ever! Thank you so much!

2015-07-29T10:21:37 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU so much! We are so happy you chose to have your wedding ceremony and reception with us! Your wedding was FABULOUS with so many nuances and personal touches, it was a true pleasure. Congratulations and stay in touch! We miss you!

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Sandra R

I was the matron of honor at my sister's wedding. When we booked this place I knew it would be a wedding to remember! Not only did every guest have a good time, thanks the GMs it was so hassle-free. From the tasting, to the practice to the day of the event last minute... Read More emergencies, Artie was there to help. Guests stayed at the Marriot on Broad street and were shuttled over. Local guests had complimentary valet parking. The ceremony was on the premises. Everything was flawless. We got compliments on everything from the breathtaking views, the hilarious bartender who kept everyone entertained and happy, the food which was DELICIOUS and how friendly and accomodating the staff was. Everyone had a ball! This is truly a hidden gem. If you want a wedding that really stands out and is different, then this is the place. Ask the GMs to recommend photographers they've worked with before. You'll find that the ones they recommend are not only awesome but also know the ins and outs of the place and so can take some breathtaking photos. You've got downtown Newark at your disposal as well as the rooftop of the venue and some beautiful nearby parks, including Washington Park and Riverside Park. NJPAC and the 6th floor balcony also lend themselves to great pics. Artie will give you the ins and and outs. He'll think of all the things you are forgetting and keep you on track. If you visit him...tell him Sandy sent you!

Magical Moment at the Newark Club

Reviewed on 3/08/2015 Christian S

The Newark Club is hidden gem located in the heart of Newark, NJ. The incredible views of downtown Newark and New York City in the distance will be sure to wow your guest, prior to seeing you in your wedding dress of course. When searching for a wedding venue I was sure I... Read More wanted the Newark Club. My wife and I attended a wedding there a few years prior and was extremely impressed by the venue. Since I was only the groom, the Bride and her Mother wanted to look at other locations. At the end, everyone came around to what I decided long ago; The Newark Club was the perfect place to host our family and friends for our wedding. My wife and I are not traditionalist. We were able to incorporate all the makings of an elegant wedding into a more contemporary setting. For starters the cocktail hour was a hit. Our guests still remind us how great cocktail hour was. We had food in the bridal suite, but even our wedding party, including yours truly was downstairs eating, and mingling with everyone. The food and the ambiance were outstanding. Be sure to remind your guest that the party hasn’t quite started, and dinner will still be served upstairs. How they manage to get everyone upstairs after an elegant and fulfilling affair is beyond me. Our guest walked off the elevator into a ballroom decorated to perfection. My wife could not have been any happier. Our Maître D, Artie, and his staff reached into my wife’s imagination and put it on display. Every detail was either exactly, or better than she what envisioned. I would be doing a disservice if I failed to mention how they put everything together due to a mishap on our part. We did not provide the staff with all our wedding favors and place cards in a timely matter. It didn’t matter; Artie and his staff were still able to make everything perfect. The amazing view, the staff, and the service we received from the Artie, and The Newark Club from the moment we called to schedule an appointment will always be a part of what made our wedding day special. Till this very day, 7 years and 4 months later, people still mention how much they enjoyed every aspect of our wedding. People still say how our wedding was the best they attended. Fortunately for me my wedding day was not the last time I encountered the service of the Newark Club. Everyone praised the food; especially the Venetian table and wedding cake. Sad to say my wife and I did not get to experience any of it as we were doing other things at the time. One year later our cake top was a disgusting, frozen mess, and I recommended ending that tradition. As a Valentine’s Day gift this year, I decided to surprise my wife with our cake, 7 years a few months later. I contacted The Newark Club the Monday before Valentine Day to see if I could have the top layer of the wedding cake remade. Artie reached out to me and staid “we can make it happen”. We really didn’t discuss the details until that Tuesday. Basically, Artie was instrumental in making sure I had my cake three days later. That “make it happen” attitude was present from day one, and 7 years later.

The best NJ has to offer at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Erika K

We got married at the Newark Club in 2009 and we still rave about it to this day. It was simple and elegant, exactly what we wanted. They worked with us to get a reasonable price because it was the Sunday of a holiday weekend. Our friend still tell us that it was the best time... Read More they had at a wedding so far. Artie was amazing to work with and it was a night we will never forget! :)

Best venue!!! Perfect night.

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 melissa b

I had a million questions- and Artie answered them all! In hindsight- having been at several weddings since planning my own... what makes a wedding run smoothly is the strength of the person running the reception. The Newark Club has it down perfectly. The day was... Read More perfect. Artie, Esther and Harry- a HUGE thank you for making everything run so seamless and amazing. The Newark Club is a hidden gem.

best wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Keshia L

Look no further, Harry and staff out did themselves. The food and service was great. The view was amazing. I couldn't ask for a better wedding.

My Dream Wedding Came True!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2014 Stacey D

The Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club was THE perfect place for our wedding. It has a stunningly beautiful reception room on the 22nd floor. The views are dazzling! Our cocktail hour was in the lobby of the building, which was somehow transformed into a GORGEOUS space... Read More filled with music, drinks, and food. We worked with Artie, who was attentive, helpful, and knowledgeable throughout the entire planning process. He was there at the wedding the entire night, and even danced a special dance with me! Our bridal attendant fed us food and drinks throughout the night. The food is beyond amazing and drinks were all top shelf. The price is also right!! We were able to keep our costs under $150 per person (including tax and gratuity). My new husband and I could not be happier. If you are looking for a venue, please take the time to visit the Metropolitan Room. We walked into the room and immediately asked where we needed to sign! Thank you, Artie, for making all of my dreams come true!!

Amazing, beautiful, best wedding venue!

Reviewed on 2/03/2014 Alyssa

The Metropolitan room was the best place for our NYE wedding. The skyline at night is absolutely beautiful. The staff is courteous and prompt, the food is out of this world and not like an "wedding style of food" it is top of the line, delicious. We could not have had the... Read More amazing wedding that we had without Artie by outside guiding us and being our friend. Everyone at our wedding is still talking about how amazing it was. We wish we could do it all over again. Thank you Artie!!!!

June 28th Wedding

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Nikki U

AMAZING from start to finish! Harry and his entire staff did an outstanding job! All of my guests raved about the food and the gorgeous views. They loved how much food there was and how delicious everything was. I was looking for a not so typical wedding venue and The... Read More Metropolitan Room at the Newark Club was unique, beautiful, and perfect. It was an amazing day and I am beyond happy that I picked it as my venue! LOVED IT!

Hands down, The Best!

Reviewed on 1/06/2013 Kris S

I cannot thank Artie and Harry enough for the best day ever. They were responsive, supportive, kind and thoughtful. The food was in abundance and outstanding. We truly had a stress free day which I am incredibly thankful for. I would urge anyone to check it out and book your... Read More wedding there. Trust me, you will never be happier!

Start a Conversation!