Michael Chadwick Photography

Medford NJ. Mid-Atlantic US, worldwide destination weddings

Photography plus incomparable customer service.

Michael Chadwick Photography balances the fun with the formal, the traditional with the spontaneous, telling the complete story of your wedding day in an easy-going, natural way. We also pride ourselves on providing incomparable customer service, acting not just as your photographer, but as an overall wedding day guide, attendant, and friend. What we bring to your wedding is a hybrid of photography and planning, giving you attentive help and care that you won't likely find anywhere else. Don't just take our word for it - read the reviews from our couples. I have a team of dedicated photographers and assistants ready to serve you and your needs. I look forward to meeting you and chatting about your wedding plans and photography needs! - Michael

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

Medford NJ. Mid-Atlantic US, worldwide destination weddings (609) 654-1840

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Melissa S

We found Michael Chadwick through a serendipitous search on The Knot, and we knew as soon as we met with him that we needed to book him as our wedding photographer. By the end of our consultation session, we felt like old friends, and his portfolio powerfully speaks to his... Read More artistry and creativity. Michael is truly a professional in every sense of the word. He braved a snow storm (and loved every minute of it!) in December to shoot our beautiful engagement photos that my friends and family still talk about (in addition to our wedding photos, of course!). He was also there for us every step of the way through the planning process, whether my question was directly related to photography or not. Michael is a veritable wealth of wedding knowledge, and is more than willing to offer his guidance. On the day of the wedding, he knew exactly what to say to calm everyone’s nerves (mine in particular) and he has a utility belt full of wedding essentials that would make even Batman jealous. Not to mention he always finds a way to make everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, ready with a joke and a smile. This was so important for my husband and I, since we are both a little camera shy. All of our wedding photos are phenomenal, but my absolute favorites are the ones where Michael captured a candid moment or the true joy we both felt that day— and there’s so many of them! I will treasure those photos for the rest of my life. Since Michael took our engagement photos in January, I’ve been telling anyone who will listen to me that they need to book him. A friend from college has already booked him for her wedding next November, and it makes me so happy to hear that her and her future husband love him already too!

2017-12-07T21:16:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you so very much for such beautiful, kind words! I loved both your engagement shoot and your wedding and I had/am having such a wonderful time getting to know you and your friends and family! <3

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sarah F

Michael Chadwick is simply exquisite. My husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture as well as be a part of our entire wedding experience. He impressed us immediately the day we met him and we left without hesitation on whether he would be fit for... Read More us. He is not just consider our photographer, but our friend. Michael will go above and beyond and make sure no detail is missed. He is funny, genuine, caring, and attentive. His quick responses to emails goes a long way, he is always there for you. His humor lightens the mood of any situation and he goes out of his way to know you on a personal level and even know your family on the wedding day. His photographs that he captures are beautiful. We are still in love with our photos no matter how many times we go back and review them. We also had the pleasure of working with Kat as our second photographer that Michael hired and she was fantastic as well. Great pair. If you want a talented photographer who is down to earth and takes gorgeous photographs then you need Michael. I will continue to use Michael as our photographer going forward in the future for whatever occasion I need. Thank you Michael for everything, you are one of a kind and the best on the knot! We love ya!

2017-10-29T19:23:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you, Sarah! I so enjoyed sharing your engagement shoot and wedding with you! Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience with others. :-D

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brian M

My wife and I could not be happier with the service, professionalism, humor, advice, communication, and obviously, incredible photographs provided by Michael Chadwick. We dealt with a lot of really great vendors during our wedding planning, but Michael was by far our favorite.... Read More To say he went above and beyond would be an understatement. He truly is a jack of all trades and has a MacGyver-esque set of emergency supplies to boot (which came in handy more than a few times). Michael did an outstanding job organizing the "laundry list" of shots we requested and made the experience really personal with our family and friends. He is a true professional and did an amazing job capturing the memories made on our wedding day.

2017-10-26T10:58:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much, Brian! I had a wonderful time with all of you, and I am so very grateful for your kind words. I work hard to try and make it not look like any of this is work. It makes me so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Essie A

My husband and I could not have picked a better photographer. He was so plesant to work with, really listened to our opinion, took the time to get to know us, and really captured genuine emotion and compassion in our pictures. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we are having... Read More the hardest time picking our favorites. He beyond passed our expectations, we’re very pleased.

2017-11-16T16:18:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much! I love hearing that I can give my couples good experiences, and giving people too many great photos from which to choose favorites is a wonderful problem. :-D

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Mandy D

We could not have asked for anything more! Michael was great to work with from the time we met until our goodbyes. We had a beach wedding and Michael showed up in all black, it was unbelievable the pictures and angles he took, yet was never seen. Not only did he take amazing... Read More pictures he also came prepared for everything from makeup removed when I got makeup all over my husband’s shirt, to the right colored bobby pin for my hair! He truly was amazing, and we can’t thank him enough for capturing our special day!

2017-10-30T11:25:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Mandy! I had a great time with all of you and am happy to have helped make your wedding celebration better. :-D

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Lauren D

Mike acted as more than a photographer the day of my wedding. He put everyone at ease and cracked jokes that kept everyone looking natural in their photographs. He always ensured I got all the pictures I wanted, and asked my opinions as the day wore on. I appreciate that he... Read More carried an emergency bag of goodies to make sure my hair was in place and even helped bustle my dress. The man legit did it all. I have only seen one shot online thus far, but he showed me some of his pictures on the camera, and they looked AMAZING! I have no reservations recommending him to everyone.

2017-10-10T17:14:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Lauren! I had a wonderful time with all of you and I look forward to sharing the photographs with you as soon as possible. :-)

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Leigh G

Our wedding was on 9/22/17 and we used Michael and one of his second photographers (Sheldon) for our special day. Our experience was fabulous in all aspects, from meeting him the first time, to the engagement photos, to the wedding itself. One of the first things I loved... Read More about him was his great communication. He always responds to e-mail very quickly and was readily available to talk through things with me or give recommendations whenever I needed it. Next, he makes you feel very comfortable and always tries to keep the mood relaxed and laid back. He makes it feel easy and fun. As far as the wedding itself, we booked Michael for 10 hours. He even came to the bridal suite a little earlier and got right to work. He (and Sheldon during his 3 hours) where EVERYWHERE we needed them to be during the cocktail hour and dinner. They seemed to be everywhere we turned capturing all of the best moments. They were very professional and their experience with weddings was evident. Lastly, one of the other little details that helped me chose Michael was that he gives a Police, Fire Department, First Responders, and Registered Nurses discount and I am an RN so that was an added bonus :)

2017-10-02T20:03:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much!! We had a wonderful time with all of you, and I am very happy to provide discounts to people like you who serve others so selflessly. :-)

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Christine C

Where do I start? From the moment we walked into Michael's studio to meet him as a potential photographer, his friendly personality was known. Instead of starting the day with trying to convince us to chose him, he took note of my husbands "Philadelphia Union" shirt and talked... Read More some soccer (I think that might have been the most into the whole wedding planning process that Joe had been). After our meeting with Michael we knew he was going to be our photographer and quickly booked and couldn't have been happier with that decision. He was always available for any questions along the way and on our wedding day played a huge part of keeping the day moving smoothly. We were more than grateful for his reminders to "breath" and the thoughtfulness he put into planning for our day by memorizing all of our family's names prior to the event (even if he did have trouble keeping all of the Foley boys names straight… he can blame their parents for that ;) ). Anyone need a bobby-pin (or a couple dozen)? needle and thread? shout pen? .... well they were all needed that day and guess who pulled them out of his magic fanny pack... that's right. Michael Chadwick! Everyone told us going into the day that your wedding day flies by and they were not lying! Michael captured every detail of our day with the finest quality to help preserve our memories forever and for that we will be forever thankful! On top of that we had our proofs within three weeks and the USB and beautiful memory box within a week of that… which for a very impatient recent bride was much appreciated :) If you are looking for a photographer to capture your special we HIGHLY recommend Michael Chadwick and are sure you will be just as pleased with your choice as we were!

2017-09-23T22:04:01 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you so very much, Christine! This is so kind of you! I had a wonderful time with all of you, and am very happy that I was able to help make your day go as smoothly as possible. I'm also obviously very happy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Natalie S

Michael was amazing throughout the whole process! From our first meeting to the engagement pictures to the big day, he was fantastic! He is so knowledgeable, has tons of experience, comes stocked with anything and everything you could possibly need on the big day, and his... Read More pictures turn out perfect! He was even able to keep me calm on the day of my wedding when I thought we were running late! We are truly so thankful that we had the chance to work with Michael. We absolutely love our pictures and we recommend him to anyone and everyone who's looking for a photographer!!

2017-09-17T17:28:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I work very hard to help make sure your wedding day goes as smoothly as possible, and I greatly appreciate the kind words you have shared. <3

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Jillian G

Michael was absolutely amazing! He made my husband and I feel like the most special people in the world on our wedding day. He knew exactly which type of photos I wanted to take and made sure I took enough pictures with family and friends. He knew what was important to us, and... Read More made the entire experience a personal one. He is devoted to his work and makes everyone around him feel at ease. He is a joy to be around and made picture taking enjoyable for my guests. He also made sure to capture all the details of my day on camera- which I greatly appreciated. I cannot express how grateful I am to have had Michael capture the joy and love present on the most important day of my life. I am so overjoyed with our photos and cannot wait to work with him again!

2017-09-17T15:26:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I had a wonderful time with you again and getting the chance to celebrate with your family and friends. What a cool place to have your reception, too. Everyone was so kind, and I am so blessed to have been... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Michelle G

Can't say enough good things about Michael Chadwick. He had us laughing from the moment we met him. He even worked with us to find a package that worked for us and was a good price. He was amazing the day of the wedding with putting us all at ease. I was so worried about my... Read More hair, and about my face in pictures, and any time he saw my smile start to freeze, he would remind us to breathe and it was exactly what we needed to relax. He was awesome with our family, and bridal party (which was huge) he remembered everyone's names and treated everyone like family. And we got our pictures back in 3 weeks!!!!!

2017-09-08T11:00:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I had a wonderful time with all of you. The amount of love your friends and family have for you both was a wonderful thing to see. You guys are really blessed to have such an amazing system of friends... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Karen H

I picked Michael solely based on the rave reviews he receives on the Knot, and we were not disappointed. Michael was punctual, on top of all details, offered great advice, leading up to the big day. On the day, he kept me calm throughout, was prepared with items for any wedding... Read More day catastrophe even though they may have nothing to do with photos. He was as fun to have at the hair salon, surrounded by women, as he was throughout our ceremony and reception, everyone commented on his awesome personality. He coaxed some beautiful shots out of my grumpy 7-yr old niece, the flower girl. And despite howling wind on the beach, timed so many beautiful shots of the ceremony and our families. Thank you so much, Michael!

2017-07-25T19:39:04 Response from the vendor

Aw, thank you so much! Everyone was so very kind and it was fantastic to share your wedding with you. Your niece did definitely make me laugh with her "angry old man sending back soup in a deli" face but she was just putting it... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Megan W

Michael photographed our wedding this past weekend. I cannot express how amazing he was to have around. Not only can I gaurantee that he took amazing pictures but the amount of good things that my family and friends spoke of him was incredible. Many people expressed how nice he... Read More was and were so impressed that he knew all of their names! Michael was also great at helping me out throughout the day with things that weren't photography! I knew I could count on him to make sure my dress was in its proper place for photographing. He kept me to my timeline and was sure to get me to my reception at the time I wanted to be there. I can't wait to see our wedding pictures!

2017-07-11T15:27:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much! I really enjoyed celebrating with your friends and family, and you all were such naturals in front of the camera! I had looked forward to your wedding since your engagement session, and I am so happy for you both!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Amy C

We booked Mike for both my sister's wedding in April and my wedding in July, as well as my engagement pictures. He was absolutely perfect during all three events. Mike learned everyone's names, which impressed our guests thoroughly, and was able to keep up with any happening... Read More and take it in stride. Though, I have not yet received the pictures for my wedding back, my sister's were absolutely stunning, as well as our engagement pictures. Both sets came back within a week, which just seemed to extend the excitement of the event for everyone. Also, Mike is totally prepared for any occurrence, from a dropped bobbie pin to an over involved mother. My girls were literally overjoyed by him, and the girls that were in both weddings were so happy to have him back. Literally when he left at the end of my wedding we were all a little sad. We will definitely be making excuses to hire a photographer in the future so we can book Mike again!

2017-07-11T15:28:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I really love your entire group of family and friends. I only wish there were more of you getting married soon! You all are so much fun to celebrate with!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kimmy G

Absolutely amazing!!! Michael was everything I could've imagined my wedding photographer to be. Even before the event, he sent us multiple surveys and questionnaires asking questions down to the detail so that he would be sure to make the experience exactly what we wanted. He... Read More was professional and helped guide everyone through the process with kindness and efficacy and was flexible with many different unavoidable factors. He listened to our input and made sure that we took all of the pictures that we wanted but also used his creative eye to help us imagine some shots that we simply wouldn't have come up with on our own. During the event, he moved around almost invisibly but was always available when we or a guest was interested in taking a specific picture. Lastly, Michael was absolutely hilarious, putting everyone at ease and making the process more fun than anticipated. We enjoyed many laughs and a great conversation about theater! By the end of the evening, I felt as if we had known each other for longer than we really did. I couldn't recommend Michael more!!!

2017-06-05T20:42:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You all were fantastic, and I'm so happy I was able to share your wedding celebration with you! <3

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Dana S

Phenomenal! Michael was a true pleasure to work with. He handled a large wedding party with ease, got to know everyone's name, and literally had a fix for anything that came my way as the bride. More than anything, Michael balances professionalism and warmth perfectly. He made... Read More us feel so comfortable with him and our photos came out terrific. Thank you Michael!

2017-05-31T10:37:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I had a wonderful time with all of you, and everyone was so very kind. Thanks for letting me share in your wedding celebration!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Kristen L

It's hard to write this review without simply reiterating the wonderful things that have already been said about Michael Chadwick, but if nothing else, they deserve to be said again. Not only is he an amazing photographer, he's amicable and helped soothe everyones' nerves the... Read More day of the wedding. Absolutely recommend!

2017-05-31T11:46:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! :-D

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Beth S

Mike is the best, worth every penny. He is willing to work with you and always comes prepared. The photos are amazing! I have to say the photos and having Mike as our photographer was worth every penny.

2017-05-16T21:05:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I had a great time with all of you and look forward to seeing you again soon. :-)

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Christina R

You will NOT be disappointed if you select Michael Chadwick Photography as your wedding photographer! My husband and I had engagement pictures taken less than 6 months before we got married by a different agency and had planned to use the same photographer for our wedding.... Read More Those pictures ended up not being a good fit for my husband and I so we had to scramble to find a new wedding photographer quickly and fit within our budget. I reached out to Michael Chadwick Photography and he responded quickly and his pricing met our budget. Since it was such a short time frame that we had (and the wedding was about 4 hours away from our home) we did not get a chance to meet with Michael prior to the wedding. Even without meeting him, I knew he was the best choice. He sent us electronic forms that captured literally all of the information that I wanted to get across, and then some that I hadn't previously considered!! He was super flexible and helpful trying to work out a timeline and details for our big day. On the day of, he was there really early scoping everything out. He captured every moment I had hoped for and many that I, again, hadn't even considered! He was so easy to work with and made everyone laugh throughout the day! He really made us feel comfortable. For the pictures of the two of us, he had us interact with each other how we normally would in real life instead of forcing poses that looked/felt unnatural to us. I am so thrilled with how the pictures turned out!! He even had them edited and posted before we even returned from our honeymoon!!!! I could go on and on about how wonderful he was, how happy I was that we chose him and how much everyone in attendance complimented his skill/personality/sneakiness/etc.!!!

2017-05-09T14:31:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much! I had a wonderful time celebrating your wedding with you, and I'm so happy you love the photographs. :-)

Reviewed on 4/03/2017

My wife and I would like to extend our deepest gratitude for the friendship and service Michael provided us during our wedding journey. The care, concern, humor, professionalism, and talent he gave to us and to our family and friends were excellent. We are so impressed with... Read More Michael, and we are extemely happy we chose him as our photographer. I cannot tell you how many times during our wedding, reception, and even now- after all the tuxes and gowns have been put away- people have complemented not only Michael's work but Michael himself. “Who was that photographer? He was awesome!”; "Your photographer is such a cool guy!" are two of the most common statements we hear about our wedding. Michael provided us exceptionally beautiful photos, and every shot contains meaning and memory. The skill and experience required to accomplish such a task is quite impressive. To quote my wife, "The photos are perfect!" We will never forget our wedding day, and because of Michael's work and expertise the many memories of that day are all the more beautifully framed for us. We are so happy that he was a part of it. You will not be disappointed in choosing Michael Chadwick Photography. Thank you, Michael!

2017-04-03T12:39:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding was absolutely epic! I had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for giving me the blessing of sharing your wedding day with you.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Stephanie Z

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with Michael Chadwick as our wedding photographer. We were both in the wedding party of a wedding that Michael was shooting a few years before our wedding, and my husband and I were so impressed by his professionalism, creativity, and... Read More attentiveness. There was no question that we would hire him for our upcoming wedding, and he certainly did not disappoint! He worked with our budget and made sure that our special day turned out beautifully. He took the time to learn the names of our parents and everyone in our bridal party. Michael put everyone at ease and made the day run so smoothly. He was prepared for anything that could go wrong, equipped with a sewing kit and much more. The photos that he captured were so gorgeous!! It was difficult to narrow down which ones to use in our wedding album. We always recommend Michael Chadwick to all of our friends who get engaged because he is the best!

2017-02-03T12:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much! I really enjoyed getting to see your family again and sharing your wedding day with you. You all are the best! :-D <3

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Melissa & Matt W

Hiring Michael Chadwick was the best decision we made for our wedding day. We were married on December 29th 2016 in Avalon, NJ at the United Methodist Church. Our reception was held at The Reeds in Stone Harbor. Throughout the day, Michael was phenomenal and captured every... Read More detail perfectly with his beautiful pictures. He photographed many special moments without anyone realizing he was there. In addition to being highly skilled, Michael was the epitome of professionalism. His calm demeanor, easy going personality and humor made everyone feel comfortable and at ease throughout the day; especially with the younger members of our wedding party. Our guests loved him as well! It was also reassuring to know that he knew and had worked with our other vendors prior. Communicating with Michael was very easy throughout the entire wedding process; his website is well organized and user friendly. Michael was very responsive with answering all our questions and provided us with our photos shortly after the wedding. He is an all-around great guy, and it was obvious that he strived to make our day as meaningful to us as possible. Without a doubt, we highly recommend him. We look forward to working with him again in the future. Thanks again Michael for the Talisker!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Rebecca L

There are not enough great things that I can say about Michael Chadwick. He is unlike any photographer I have ever met. He's professional, prompt at communication while being fun and easy going. Our guests still rave about him months after our wedding. Michael was definitely the... Read More most talked about vendor at our reception. Any thing you might need, he'd have in his fanny pack. Need a band aid or something to stop your shoe from rubbing your foot raw? Not a problem! Michael's got you covered. He starts as a hired vendor and ends up a lifelong friend. You will NOT regret hiring Michael Chadwick Photography.

2016-12-15T16:12:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you!! :-D

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Melanie H

even after a month or so after our wedding, our friends and family are still raving about our photographer, Michael Chadwick. as the bride, he granted my "photo wish list" and so much more! i am still over the moon with my photos! dealing with Michael was fun and easy and i... Read More would recommend him to anyone!

2016-12-08T09:03:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! I had a great time with all of you (especially the little time I got to spend with your awesome dog) and I'm so happy I was able to provide you with a great experience. :-D

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Stephanie K

Mike is absolutely fabulous. He is every bit the professional while still maintaining a fun attitude that is contagious to anyone in his vicinity. He effortlessly gets the perfect pictures and candid shots you will never expect but love all the same. He makes sure to know AND... Read More remember everyone's names. And regardless of how prepared you think you are with your own emergency kits I can guarantee you will still end up using various items out of his instead. I read a review on him saying that he is everywhere and nowhere at the same time during your event and it really is the truth. Everyone at our reception loved how he carried himself and I have already had single friends say that if they ever get married he would be the first photographer they would get in touch with. Our second photographer Kat was the perfect choice for our personalities. If you're hesitant about cost at all he is very comparable to other photographers we looked at but hands down worth every single penny and I would book him all over again in a heartbeat. (Did I mention our pictures came back quicker than expected too even during his busy fall season?) BOOK HIM.

2016-11-29T20:05:58 Response from the vendor

Aw, thanks, Stephanie! What a fantastic surprise to read such lovely things tonight. :-) Kat and I absolutely had a blast with all of you, and I do hope your friends and family use us in the future so we can party with you all... Read Less Read More

Michael Chadwick

Michael is a full time southern NJ-based photographer specializing in boutique wedding photography service. He has won many customer service awards, including being inducted into The Knot's Best of Weddings Hall of Fame (2014). Michael began photographing weddings in 2008 and has shot hundreds of them on multiple continents. He also shoots destination weddings, but primarily covers the mid-Atlantic U.S. "Photographs become something really special when they evoke a visceral, emotional response. When an image can bring us an actual feeling, it transcends a simple snapshot and becomes art."