Award-winning photographers with stellar reviews!

Michael and Marni Farmer are award-winning photographers and videographers with a modern-vintage style, and a photojournalistic approach. They are based in Long Beach, serving Southern California and destinations. They offer photography, videography, and GIF and photo booth services. Their wedding photos have been published on theknot.com and gayweddings.com; on numerous wedding blogs; and in Bridal Guide and Gay Weddings and Marriage magazines. Bridal Guide featured them in the top 50 wedding photos for 2015. They have been voted "Best of The Knot" by their wedding clients year after year, and were inducted into the Best of Weddings Hall of Fame. We are passionate about capturing weddings and creating meaningful relationships. We'd love to be a part of your special day. Contact us today!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Long Beach, CA LA, OC, and beyond! (805) 459-4866

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Julian R

One of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding process was to hire Michael. We were referred to Farmer by our DJ Ryan. Michael was the first photographer we met, we had no idea on what to ask or what to expected of a photographer for our wedding. When we met Michael,... Read More he was very easy going he made us feel welcome at his home. We left his house with a quote thinking we’ll keep the door open to see what other photographers had to offer. After comparing other photographers to what Michael had to offer. It was a no brainer, Michael was the man for the job. From the start he made us feel very comfortable. We went on to take our engagement shoot where we got the opportunity to get to know Farmer and he was actually interested in getting to know us as well. Not only is he an amazing photographer but an amazing person at heart. Going through hiccups in the wedding process Michael always had the best advice on how to handle other situations that had nothing to do with photography. On the big day Michael, Chelsey and Ron made sure to go the extra mile to ensure our day would go by perfect. Capturing every moment, Michael and his crew were always there to keep us calm and collective. Our family and friends also complimented us on having the best photographer ever. Very outgoing and interactive with everyone in attendance. We are very fortunate to have met Farmer, his wife Marni and the little ones and can’t leave out the furry friends. We would highly recommend Michael Farmer Photography to everyone for any kind of photography not just wedding photos. Thank you Michael for becoming an good friend to both of us, we look forward to having many more photoshoots. Next time we can skip the ocean and its waves. Best, Julian & Viviana

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Romina S

Where do I start??!! Michael Farmer is one of the BEST photographers I've ever seen and worked with. We had him for our engagement session and had both him and his assistant Ron for our wedding. What an amazing experience! He not only showed up earlier, but he went above and... Read More beyond to capture all the moments in our wedding. The day of our wedding, I was so busy and last minute things happened and I wasn't expecting any of them! But Michael Farmer made sure with all that chaos, he could capture the best quality pictures. Michael has the artistic ability to see and capture the moment Ina split second. He photographs you, the moment, the lighting and the whole mood and ambiance. he does it such that when you look back, a movie plays in your head! He's extremely friendly and funny making sure that you can be yourself in your pictures. I looked at my pictures and I could not believe how much better he made us look! About his assistant Ron, I want to congratulate Michael for knowing who to work with as an assistant. I was amazed at the quality of work that Ron could deliver and only an experienced photographer such as Michael recognizes another great one! Michael is really quick at getting back to you whether it's regarding an email correspondence, an emergency call, or the turn around time for getting your pictures ready. Michael gave us what we wanted for our wedding, a small, cozy, yet romantic feeling! Thank you Michael!! I highly highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Shannon Lee B

Michael was our big splurge in our humble wedding festivities. Everyone told us not to skimp on the photography and we are very happy we "engaged" Michael. There is nothing ordinary or typical about Michael's work or his generosity as your vendor. He graciously and fairly... Read More split his time between our tiny quaint private ceremony and our cocktail reception two-weeks later. He got a great array of traditional, wacky, and truly glamorous shots that you'll enjoy sharing and be proud of for years. We were actually able to display some ceremony-day photos at the reception thanks to his willingness to expedite and what a treat! Not only did the reception guests see them, but he got to enjoy some serious and well-deserved bragging rights. He also captured an epic group shot of the entire reception party and we happily printed copies and sent them along with our thank you cards. And our last minute addition of a photo-booth made the party even more fun because Michael kindly worked with us to incorporate the custom full-size cut-outs we had created of ourselves - people got shots of themselves with the "bride and groom" while we were off dancing the night away. Guests still talk about it and say they really appreciated the fun memento. His easy humor will make your groom comfortable, and he'll charm everyone and get shots that will keep your princess-dreams alive every time you see the photos. And don't hesitate to invest in the digital negatives; its so nice to have the flash drives, and know that Michael will always honor the agreement and make sure those memories are accessible no matter what. Do not hesitate; forego the silly swag that no one cares about - make the investment in wedding day memories that you'll brag about forever. Book Michael, and prepare to look fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 erik h

Michael was the perfect choice for us for our videographer. We contracted with Michael in early 2017 with our wedding on 9/25/2017. Michael invited us to his house to show us examples of his videos. We didn't want some 30 minute long wedding video that we would watch once and... Read More realize it was too long. We asked Michael if he would do a highlight video of like 5 minutes long and he showed us examples of his work and we couldn't wait to work with him! He was so funny every time we met him (his wife was our wedding coordinator) and he kept us cracking up on our wedding day. The turnaround on the video was about 3 weeks, which was very quick! Michael showed us the video and we loved it! He condensed about 8 hours of video into a 5 minute highlight video. The video was half the ceremony and half the reception. He did a really good job and we loved how it turned out!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Summer A

We had no idea how breathtaking our wedding photos would turn out when we scheduled the meet and greet session with the photographer in our local area. My husband and I just knew we absolutely loved his charisma and charm and knew that we did not want to spend a good majority of... Read More our wedding day with anyone other than Michael Farmer. His witty jokes and snappy sense of humor made us so comfortable and enjoy the whole picture taking process. We love Michael and his team (including his adorable wife). The photo revealing party he throws for you is a ball as you get to view all of your wedding pictures in his cozy casa with a glass of wine. Plus he was so timely! I got the email to schedule to see all of the pictures way quicker than I would have ever imagined. My husband put it best "Michael knows how to capture photos at the exact moment so you look like your real life beauty ." I have never seen such beautiful photos and I will cherish them forever.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Wendy K

Picking a Wedding Photographer is so Stressful-Yea your done! Michael and Marni invited us to their home for our first meeting. Their family including Furry Kids were so warm and welcoming our Wedding stress was dissolved! They worked with us on every detail including an amazing... Read More price while they were reassuring us, answering questions, showing us their exquisite work, making us laugh and feel completely comfortable! On our Wedding Day Michael and Marni weren't just our Wedding Photographers-they were welcomed friends who we were truly happy to see! Because of their kind and caring hearts this amazing relationship and feeling of confidence is created-then they put every ounce of their incredible gifts, talents and heart into creating the absolute perfect Wedding Pictures for you that will make your Wedding Day last forever! Thank you so much Michael and Marni we will never forget you and always be grateful! Love Wendy & William McCarthy XOXOXOXO

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Paul M

Mike was fantastic. He expertly guided us to get the best shots. Impressed with the results. He was accommodating to our special needs at our wedding. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Kelly C

Michael is the man! He came through big time during our wedding. Our wedding venue wasn't the best in terms of having good background for photo opportunities, but he made the most with little he had. Our wedding photos came out amazing! So many diverse and beautiful photos came... Read More out, it's difficult to decide which ones to print out. He also made this non-photogenic guy look good. Michael also took our engagement photos around the Venice and Abbot Kinney area and they came out awesome as well. (He knows all the good spots there) My wife and I can't thank Michael enough for capturing all the precious moments during the happiest day of our lives. For reference, I will gladly share some of the photos Michael took upon request.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Kelly C

Got married on 7/2/17. Hired Michael Farmer Photography 2 months before the big date but Michael was able to accommodate our tight schedule. I just got our wedding pictures and they were awesome. We are so happy with the quality and service we got. Michael is very flexible... Read More and easy to work with. He is funny, honest, creative and kind person. We also got our music video and video was awesome except for the music and all we had to do was let him know and he was willing to change the music for us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Michael Farmer Photography for a special day.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Paul W

These two very talented Photographers (Michael and Marni) were referred to me by one of my clients at work. Well, my fiance and I had no idea how wonderful these two people are! They are not just exceptional photographers but exceptional people. From the minute we met them... Read More to the last shot of the wedding the experience with them was both warm and wonderful. Now my husband and I are not big picture people but once we saw the incredible shots they took of our special day we were both blown away!!!!! We would highly recommend these guys for any event you need photographed. They are truly exceptional!!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Marleen G

We booked Studio M through Michael with photographer Aaron Monroe. I'm not very sure how to start explaining how happy I am to have booked these gentlemen to photograph our engagement and wedding. My pictures came out incredible! My engagement shoot was in DTLA and Aaron's... Read More pictures blew us away. He incorporated every single idea I had and knocked it out the park, seriously. Best engagement pictures ever. Then the wedding. These guys were on it! All my details were captured and the pictures are fantastic. I felt so comfortable with them and it was comforting to know they had our best interest in mind at all times. The turnaround time for our images was so quick! The best part about booking them was my experience. My fiance and I felt very comfortable meeting Michael at his home studio and shortly after we met Aaron through Skype. We first met Aaron at our engagement shoot, with his brother as his assistant photographer, and I felt we instantly got along. He made the entire process so easy and even days leading up to the wedding he would check up on me. He was able to help me pick a spot for our wedding pictures, I felt comfortable enough to leave it up to him after I gave him some idea. He picked Elysian Park and we got our most iconic shot from there. We were treated like family, that alone says A LOT! I know there a lot of skilled photographers out there and we all know how important it is to find experts that you feel comfortable with. I get it. But I can honestly say that I felt like Aaron was a part of my wedding "inner circle", the people I can count on no matter what. Thank you guys for everything, I can't wait to continue working with them in the future.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Chanelle V

Michael was so wonderful! So happy we went with him on our special day. He was really funny and made us feel at ease. Our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for breath taking photos. Not only is he funny but he's... Read More artistic and patient! He's the best! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Stefanie M

We can't say enough great things about working with Michael Farmer photography for our wedding this past October. Not only are the pictures unbelievable but Studio M photographer, Aaron, who we worked with was more than just great with the camera. He made us feel calm and... Read More comfortable from the engagement pictures to the wedding day. Having someone who makes you feel relaxed during all the wedding craziness, especially as the bride, was invaluable! We can't recommend Michael Farmer Photography and the whole team more!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jeaneth E

We were referred to Michael Farmer Photography by a friend who works in the wedding industry and were very pleased with our decision to go with them. Our engagement and wedding photos came out beautiful! Michael, Marni , and team are very friendly, professional, experienced, and... Read More always willing to answer questions. We definitely recommend Michael Farmer Photography!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 matthew e

The whole crew at Michael Farmer Photography are great to work with. Our photos and music video came out great! We highly recommend using Michael Farmer Photography for your wedding or event.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Danielle C

We cannot say enough great things about Michael Farmer Photography! Michael is the epitome of professional, talented, and easy to work with. We had the pleasure of working with Michael for both our engagement photo session as well as our wedding and on both occasions he took... Read More the time to listen to our ideas and went above and beyond to not only deliver, but exceed our expectations. His craft is amazing and our pictures our gorgeous. I am truly so thankful to have met Michael and I look forward to working with him to capture any and all of our future milestones.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Charlie E

Michael Farmer is an amazing, friendly and professional photographer. We worked with him for our wedding and engagement sessions. He did an absolutely amazing job. He's definitely a seasoned photographer and also knows all the best spots for great shots! So if you're unsure... Read More about where to take your photos, just ask him and leave the rest up to him. Michael Farmer was great during our wedding session. We had a small wedding and it was an early ceremony. He showed up early to get pictures of brides preps! We are more than happy to have picked him as our wedding photographer! I highly recommend whoever wants a great friendly,professional photographer, and have a fun, stress-free and amazing experience.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Jenny R

So much went wrong on the day of my wedding but the one saving grace and glowing review, is for Michael Farmer and his team. They went above and beyond photographer role and their experienced demeanor helped with the flow of the entire event. Not to mention, the photos were... Read More breathtaking and I'm very picky! "Pick a good photographer and don't skimp" was the best advice I got and it paid off.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rosty G

My new husband and I were thrilled with Michael's services at our wedding! We appreciated everything he did. He was on time, really skilled and knowledgeable, and did some really creative shots for us. When we got the photos from him it was obvious we made the right choice with... Read More him. He was also so funny and kind all throughout the wedding, and very professional. We didn't have any stress when it came to the photos because he did a great job and we felt confident in him. We're really happy with him and highly recommend him to everyone! He went above and beyond in everything he did for us! (This review is by Stephanie G, not Rosty G.)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Elena G

This review is long overdue. I don’t even know where to start. Michael and Marni are the best!!! The engagement pictures were beautiful and the wedding pictures were even better!! They took the time to understand what we wanted and delivered beautifully. They were so... Read More available and attentive before and after the wedding shoots! We gave them a list of every shot we wanted during the wedding and they made sure to get it! Marni helped us choreograph our wedding dance…one of the biggest hits of the night and one of my favorite moments of my wedding. They are so good under pressure. When the zipper on my dress snapped, Michael was the calming voice in the midst of panic. They made everyone at the wedding comfortable and made the picture taking experience fun! Our one recommendation is that if you want candid pictures of your guests, you have to make sure to put that on your list of “day-of shots”

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Seth W

I Do, Michael Farmer Photography! They were amazing! They made it so incredibly stress free and easy, especially since we were planning our wedding from across country. We were able to personalize our wedding package. I love that they are a 1 stop shop. It was fantastic that... Read More they were our photographers, videographers and photo booth. Nobody was in the way or in "the shot". Michael Farmer Photography went above and beyond our expectations. Michael was even going to serve us dinner because the staff had failed to serve us and all of our guests were already eating. We even had multiple guests approach us and compliment the photographers. They were efficient and never wasted time or felt intrusive. Michael Farmer Photography was well coordinated, fun and professional. They made it feel so natural and never awkward. We couldn't have imagined it going any better. 110% worth it! Everything turned out beautiful! Would do it all over again, thanks to this amazing team of visionaries.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Rosty G

Michael simply could not be better. He was everything we wanted in a wedding photographer. He was funny, engaging, and took excellent photos. He was very flexible with us and took all the photos we wanted for our special day. Everyone was very happy to have him there and by the... Read More end of the day it was almost like he was one of our guests! When we received the finished photos from him, they looked simply *amazing*. I've been showing them to people all day. His photos are unique, artistic, and add something very special to the shots. He knows what he is doing. My wife and I didn't want "regular" wedding photos. When Michael offered to work with us, we knew we would get the special product we desired to commemorate our wedding day. While other photographers' photos just seem like "prom" photos, Michael's photos go above and beyond and really captured the special magic of our romance and our wedding day. We appreciate everything he did for us and are thrilled to recommend him to others!!! 5 stars all around.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Emma F

Michael was fantastic for both our engagement shoot and wedding. His energy and creativity was what drew us to him and he definitely went above and beyond our expectations. Following our wedding, a lot of our guests commented how fantastic the photographer (and his team) was, as... Read More they barely noticed everyone during the day. It was apparent to us Michael was able to deliver impeccable photos, while being absolutely pleasant and respectful of the craft of what photography is all about! Thank you Michael Farmer for being part of our big day and more importantly listening to us and the vision we had for representing us. Emma and Tyler

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Mary Anne C

I was referred to a multiple photographers for our wedding, but once we met Michael & Marni we knew that we had found our photographer! Their studio and sample albums were beautiful and one of a kind. I would describe their photographs as timeless, capturing true emotion, &... Read More personality, all while having fun. Michael and his team made it easy for us to relax in front of the camera and were awesome to work with. We have awesome photos from our engagement shoot and wedding day thanks to Michael and his team!! We have only recommended Michael Farmer Photography to our family & friends and will continue to do so! Thanks Michael, Marni, & team!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Ekta D

Michael Farmer and his team were amazing! As soon as I met with Michael, I knew he was the right fit and he and his team exceeded our expectations! We were blown away by the images we received, he captured our wedding beautifully. Best of all it was like having an old friend... Read More around during our wedding day. He was extremely professional and went beyond just the typical photographer role. We couldn't be happier with Michael and his team and would highly recommend him to anyone. His work speaks for itself, but aside from amazing, magazine worthy photos he was just so great to have around, which is so important because the photography crew is with you all day and it's important to have someone around that makes you feel comfortable. We will definitely be using Michael for all our future photography needs and look forward to working with him and his team again. He really is the best ever! Thanks, Michael for all the lovely images that we will cherish for a lifetime !

Michael & Marni Farmer

Michael and Marni Farmer are award-winning photographers and videographers based in Southern California. The Michael Farmer Photography team specializes in weddings with a photojournalistic style. They have won numerous photography awards, have been voted "Best of The Knot" by their wedding clients year after year, and their wedding photos have been published numerous times. They love meeting new people, and strive to make even the most camera-shy client comfortable in front of the camera. Wedding packages can be customized to fit your needs and budget - contact them today!