Award-winning photographers with stellar reviews!

Michael and Marni Farmer are award-winning photographers and videographers with a modern-vintage style, and a photojournalistic approach. They are based in Long Beach, serving Southern California and destinations. They offer photography, videography, and GIF and photo booth services. Their wedding photos have been published on theknot.com and gayweddings.com; on numerous wedding blogs; and in Bridal Guide and Gay Weddings and Marriage magazines. Bridal Guide featured them in the top 50 wedding photos for 2015. They have been voted "Best of The Knot" by their wedding clients year after year, and were inducted into the Best of Weddings Hall of Fame. We are passionate about capturing weddings and creating meaningful relationships. We'd love to be a part of your special day. Contact us today!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Long Beach, CA LA, OC, and beyond! (805) 459-4866

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Julian R

One of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding process was to hire Michael. We were referred to Farmer by our DJ Ryan. Michael was the first photographer we met, we had no idea on what to ask or what to expected of a photographer for our wedding. When we met Michael,... Read More he was very easy going he made us feel welcome at his home. We left his house with a quote thinking we’ll keep the door open to see what other photographers had to offer. After comparing other photographers to what Michael had to offer. It was a no brainer, Michael was the man for the job. From the start he made us feel very comfortable. We went on to take our engagement shoot where we got the opportunity to get to know Farmer and he was actually interested in getting to know us as well. Not only is he an amazing photographer but an amazing person at heart. Going through hiccups in the wedding process Michael always had the best advice on how to handle other situations that had nothing to do with photography. On the big day Michael, Chelsey and Ron made sure to go the extra mile to ensure our day would go by perfect. Capturing every moment, Michael and his crew were always there to keep us calm and collective. Our family and friends also complimented us on having the best photographer ever. Very outgoing and interactive with everyone in attendance. We are very fortunate to have met Farmer, his wife Marni and the little ones and can’t leave out the furry friends. We would highly recommend Michael Farmer Photography to everyone for any kind of photography not just wedding photos. Thank you Michael for becoming an good friend to both of us, we look forward to having many more photoshoots. Next time we can skip the ocean and its waves. Best, Julian & Viviana

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Shannon Lee B

Michael was our big splurge in our humble wedding festivities. Everyone told us not to skimp on the photography and we are very happy we "engaged" Michael. There is nothing ordinary or typical about Michael's work or his generosity as your vendor. He graciously and fairly... Read More split his time between our tiny quaint private ceremony and our cocktail reception two-weeks later. He got a great array of traditional, wacky, and truly glamorous shots that you'll enjoy sharing and be proud of for years. We were actually able to display some ceremony-day photos at the reception thanks to his willingness to expedite and what a treat! Not only did the reception guests see them, but he got to enjoy some serious and well-deserved bragging rights. He also captured an epic group shot of the entire reception party and we happily printed copies and sent them along with our thank you cards. And our last minute addition of a photo-booth made the party even more fun because Michael kindly worked with us to incorporate the custom full-size cut-outs we had created of ourselves - people got shots of themselves with the "bride and groom" while we were off dancing the night away. Guests still talk about it and say they really appreciated the fun memento. His easy humor will make your groom comfortable, and he'll charm everyone and get shots that will keep your princess-dreams alive every time you see the photos. And don't hesitate to invest in the digital negatives; its so nice to have the flash drives, and know that Michael will always honor the agreement and make sure those memories are accessible no matter what. Do not hesitate; forego the silly swag that no one cares about - make the investment in wedding day memories that you'll brag about forever. Book Michael, and prepare to look fabulous!

He made our wedding better

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 rachel ariel l

We knew we made the right choice as soon as we met him. We knew we made the right choice when we had our engagement shoot. But we are still amazed at how great having Michael Farmer Photography work our wedding was! They took care of our photography, videography, and photo... Read More booth! So nice to have one incredible team come together to make our special day better than ever! Also - Marni is phenomenal with poses and props! People keep asking me where we came up with each pose and prop - I owe all credit to Marni! Unlike any other wedding photos :) Marni also created our thank you cards and everyone is so excited over them! They look so great! I truly feel that our wedding was better than ever because of Michael Farmer Photography. Michael and his staff are awesome people and my guests truly enjoyed their personalities and having them around us all evening! I had people texting me for weeks after our wedding that our photographer had such a great personality and how much they enjoyed him! (he almost stole the attention from me!) Every detail was perfected because of them. When I was feeling overwhelmed with emotions before our first look and was going nuts with all of the family members poking their heads through the doors - Michael listened to me and understood what I wanted and he made sure that everyone gave me my space and cleared away! (at my request) When the hook at the top of my zipper was bending - and about to pop with every breath I took - Michael tightened the metal so it clasped more tightly. (but made sure I never knew how close it was to breaking) When the applique from one of my heels fell off - Michael and his team made sure that I didn't find out about it before the wedding so I wouldn't freak out (they know me so well) and they eloquently made sure that it wasn't exposed in any pose! When there was family drama before my ceremony - The entire team was respectful, kept calm, didn't get flustered or distracted, and made sure that everything worked out well. That was invaluable especially when it came to the "family shots" When it was time for the bouquet toss - Michael was the one who brought me my toss bouquet. I can go on and on about how much they did for us on our wedding day but bottom line is - I know that my wedding was better because they were there. I also was happy having them share our day with us because Michael, Marni, David, and Aliah were fantastic company and focused professionals. We were so fortunate in finding Michael Farmer Photography. I can't believe how quickly our photos and video was done! It's because Michael is so passionate about his work and it shows! Already knowing his capabilities based on our engagement shoot and seeing his portfolio, my new husband and our friends and family are still in awe of how outstanding our wedding pictures and videos came out. They also host a photo viewing party to reveal all of the wedding photos and video for you and your nearest and dearest - how special is that!? Nobody else comes close to everything that Michael Farmer Photography offers. The only downside is that every piece of work he focuses on is so amazing it makes it too difficult to narrow down the choices for the album! They are part of our family now and anyone who books Michael Farmer Photography will never have any doubts.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Kelly C

Michael is the man! He came through big time during our wedding. Our wedding venue wasn't the best in terms of having good background for photo opportunities, but he made the most with little he had. Our wedding photos came out amazing! So many diverse and beautiful photos came... Read More out, it's difficult to decide which ones to print out. He also made this non-photogenic guy look good. Michael also took our engagement photos around the Venice and Abbot Kinney area and they came out awesome as well. (He knows all the good spots there) My wife and I can't thank Michael enough for capturing all the precious moments during the happiest day of our lives. For reference, I will gladly share some of the photos Michael took upon request.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Kelly C

Got married on 7/2/17. Hired Michael Farmer Photography 2 months before the big date but Michael was able to accommodate our tight schedule. I just got our wedding pictures and they were awesome. We are so happy with the quality and service we got. Michael is very flexible... Read More and easy to work with. He is funny, honest, creative and kind person. We also got our music video and video was awesome except for the music and all we had to do was let him know and he was willing to change the music for us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Michael Farmer Photography for a special day.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Paul W

These two very talented Photographers (Michael and Marni) were referred to me by one of my clients at work. Well, my fiance and I had no idea how wonderful these two people are! They are not just exceptional photographers but exceptional people. From the minute we met them... Read More to the last shot of the wedding the experience with them was both warm and wonderful. Now my husband and I are not big picture people but once we saw the incredible shots they took of our special day we were both blown away!!!!! We would highly recommend these guys for any event you need photographed. They are truly exceptional!!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Marleen G

We booked Studio M through Michael with photographer Aaron Monroe. I'm not very sure how to start explaining how happy I am to have booked these gentlemen to photograph our engagement and wedding. My pictures came out incredible! My engagement shoot was in DTLA and Aaron's... Read More pictures blew us away. He incorporated every single idea I had and knocked it out the park, seriously. Best engagement pictures ever. Then the wedding. These guys were on it! All my details were captured and the pictures are fantastic. I felt so comfortable with them and it was comforting to know they had our best interest in mind at all times. The turnaround time for our images was so quick! The best part about booking them was my experience. My fiance and I felt very comfortable meeting Michael at his home studio and shortly after we met Aaron through Skype. We first met Aaron at our engagement shoot, with his brother as his assistant photographer, and I felt we instantly got along. He made the entire process so easy and even days leading up to the wedding he would check up on me. He was able to help me pick a spot for our wedding pictures, I felt comfortable enough to leave it up to him after I gave him some idea. He picked Elysian Park and we got our most iconic shot from there. We were treated like family, that alone says A LOT! I know there a lot of skilled photographers out there and we all know how important it is to find experts that you feel comfortable with. I get it. But I can honestly say that I felt like Aaron was a part of my wedding "inner circle", the people I can count on no matter what. Thank you guys for everything, I can't wait to continue working with them in the future.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Chanelle V

Michael was so wonderful! So happy we went with him on our special day. He was really funny and made us feel at ease. Our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for breath taking photos. Not only is he funny but he's... Read More artistic and patient! He's the best! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Stefanie M

We can't say enough great things about working with Michael Farmer photography for our wedding this past October. Not only are the pictures unbelievable but Studio M photographer, Aaron, who we worked with was more than just great with the camera. He made us feel calm and... Read More comfortable from the engagement pictures to the wedding day. Having someone who makes you feel relaxed during all the wedding craziness, especially as the bride, was invaluable! We can't recommend Michael Farmer Photography and the whole team more!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jeaneth E

We were referred to Michael Farmer Photography by a friend who works in the wedding industry and were very pleased with our decision to go with them. Our engagement and wedding photos came out beautiful! Michael, Marni , and team are very friendly, professional, experienced, and... Read More always willing to answer questions. We definitely recommend Michael Farmer Photography!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 matthew e

The whole crew at Michael Farmer Photography are great to work with. Our photos and music video came out great! We highly recommend using Michael Farmer Photography for your wedding or event.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Danielle C

We cannot say enough great things about Michael Farmer Photography! Michael is the epitome of professional, talented, and easy to work with. We had the pleasure of working with Michael for both our engagement photo session as well as our wedding and on both occasions he took... Read More the time to listen to our ideas and went above and beyond to not only deliver, but exceed our expectations. His craft is amazing and our pictures our gorgeous. I am truly so thankful to have met Michael and I look forward to working with him to capture any and all of our future milestones.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Charlie E

Michael Farmer is an amazing, friendly and professional photographer. We worked with him for our wedding and engagement sessions. He did an absolutely amazing job. He's definitely a seasoned photographer and also knows all the best spots for great shots! So if you're unsure... Read More about where to take your photos, just ask him and leave the rest up to him. Michael Farmer was great during our wedding session. We had a small wedding and it was an early ceremony. He showed up early to get pictures of brides preps! We are more than happy to have picked him as our wedding photographer! I highly recommend whoever wants a great friendly,professional photographer, and have a fun, stress-free and amazing experience.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Romina S

Where do I start??!! Michael Farmer is one of the BEST photographers I've ever seen and worked with. We had him for our engagement session and had both him and his assistant Ron for our wedding. What an amazing experience! He not only showed up earlier, but he went above and... Read More beyond to capture all the moments in our wedding. The day of our wedding, I was so busy and last minute things happened and I wasn't expecting any of them! But Michael Farmer made sure with all that chaos, he could capture the best quality pictures. Michael has the artistic ability to see and capture the moment Ina split second. He photographs you, the moment, the lighting and the whole mood and ambiance. he does it such that when you look back, a movie plays in your head! He's extremely friendly and funny making sure that you can be yourself in your pictures. I looked at my pictures and I could not believe how much better he made us look! About his assistant Ron, I want to congratulate Michael for knowing who to work with as an assistant. I was amazed at the quality of work that Ron could deliver and only an experienced photographer such as Michael recognizes another great one! Michael is really quick at getting back to you whether it's regarding an email correspondence, an emergency call, or the turn around time for getting your pictures ready. Michael gave us what we wanted for our wedding, a small, cozy, yet romantic feeling! Thank you Michael!! I highly highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Jenny R

So much went wrong on the day of my wedding but the one saving grace and glowing review, is for Michael Farmer and his team. They went above and beyond photographer role and their experienced demeanor helped with the flow of the entire event. Not to mention, the photos were... Read More breathtaking and I'm very picky! "Pick a good photographer and don't skimp" was the best advice I got and it paid off.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rosty G

My new husband and I were thrilled with Michael's services at our wedding! We appreciated everything he did. He was on time, really skilled and knowledgeable, and did some really creative shots for us. When we got the photos from him it was obvious we made the right choice with... Read More him. He was also so funny and kind all throughout the wedding, and very professional. We didn't have any stress when it came to the photos because he did a great job and we felt confident in him. We're really happy with him and highly recommend him to everyone! He went above and beyond in everything he did for us! (This review is by Stephanie G, not Rosty G.)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Elena G

This review is long overdue. I don’t even know where to start. Michael and Marni are the best!!! The engagement pictures were beautiful and the wedding pictures were even better!! They took the time to understand what we wanted and delivered beautifully. They were so... Read More available and attentive before and after the wedding shoots! We gave them a list of every shot we wanted during the wedding and they made sure to get it! Marni helped us choreograph our wedding dance…one of the biggest hits of the night and one of my favorite moments of my wedding. They are so good under pressure. When the zipper on my dress snapped, Michael was the calming voice in the midst of panic. They made everyone at the wedding comfortable and made the picture taking experience fun! Our one recommendation is that if you want candid pictures of your guests, you have to make sure to put that on your list of “day-of shots”

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Seth W

I Do, Michael Farmer Photography! They were amazing! They made it so incredibly stress free and easy, especially since we were planning our wedding from across country. We were able to personalize our wedding package. I love that they are a 1 stop shop. It was fantastic that... Read More they were our photographers, videographers and photo booth. Nobody was in the way or in "the shot". Michael Farmer Photography went above and beyond our expectations. Michael was even going to serve us dinner because the staff had failed to serve us and all of our guests were already eating. We even had multiple guests approach us and compliment the photographers. They were efficient and never wasted time or felt intrusive. Michael Farmer Photography was well coordinated, fun and professional. They made it feel so natural and never awkward. We couldn't have imagined it going any better. 110% worth it! Everything turned out beautiful! Would do it all over again, thanks to this amazing team of visionaries.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Rosty G

Michael simply could not be better. He was everything we wanted in a wedding photographer. He was funny, engaging, and took excellent photos. He was very flexible with us and took all the photos we wanted for our special day. Everyone was very happy to have him there and by the... Read More end of the day it was almost like he was one of our guests! When we received the finished photos from him, they looked simply *amazing*. I've been showing them to people all day. His photos are unique, artistic, and add something very special to the shots. He knows what he is doing. My wife and I didn't want "regular" wedding photos. When Michael offered to work with us, we knew we would get the special product we desired to commemorate our wedding day. While other photographers' photos just seem like "prom" photos, Michael's photos go above and beyond and really captured the special magic of our romance and our wedding day. We appreciate everything he did for us and are thrilled to recommend him to others!!! 5 stars all around.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Emma F

Michael was fantastic for both our engagement shoot and wedding. His energy and creativity was what drew us to him and he definitely went above and beyond our expectations. Following our wedding, a lot of our guests commented how fantastic the photographer (and his team) was, as... Read More they barely noticed everyone during the day. It was apparent to us Michael was able to deliver impeccable photos, while being absolutely pleasant and respectful of the craft of what photography is all about! Thank you Michael Farmer for being part of our big day and more importantly listening to us and the vision we had for representing us. Emma and Tyler

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Mary Anne C

I was referred to a multiple photographers for our wedding, but once we met Michael & Marni we knew that we had found our photographer! Their studio and sample albums were beautiful and one of a kind. I would describe their photographs as timeless, capturing true emotion, &... Read More personality, all while having fun. Michael and his team made it easy for us to relax in front of the camera and were awesome to work with. We have awesome photos from our engagement shoot and wedding day thanks to Michael and his team!! We have only recommended Michael Farmer Photography to our family & friends and will continue to do so! Thanks Michael, Marni, & team!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Ekta D

Michael Farmer and his team were amazing! As soon as I met with Michael, I knew he was the right fit and he and his team exceeded our expectations! We were blown away by the images we received, he captured our wedding beautifully. Best of all it was like having an old friend... Read More around during our wedding day. He was extremely professional and went beyond just the typical photographer role. We couldn't be happier with Michael and his team and would highly recommend him to anyone. His work speaks for itself, but aside from amazing, magazine worthy photos he was just so great to have around, which is so important because the photography crew is with you all day and it's important to have someone around that makes you feel comfortable. We will definitely be using Michael for all our future photography needs and look forward to working with him and his team again. He really is the best ever! Thanks, Michael for all the lovely images that we will cherish for a lifetime !

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Nicholes R

Our day was special and perfect. All of the late nights planning had payed off. The flowers were gorgeous, the venue amazing, the DJ on point, my Bride was breathtaking, the wedding party somehow all made it after a late night, and the photographer Mr. Michael Farmer was... Read More exceptional. Not only is he an awesome photographer but he was extremely professional, nice, authentic, rad, and "ninja-like." Along with his videographer and assistant they exceeded our expectations. I'm honored to have not only had him as our photographer but also to call him a friend.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016

I started as a friend of Michaels. I befriended him because he is one of the most decent men I have ever met and I truly respect his deep commitment to his own wife and family. There was no question whom I would use for my wedding. I knew I would be getting a man who was very... Read More talented and a strong believer in matrimony. What I did not honestly expect was how serious and professional he was. I was amazed at his diligence and passion for getting exactly the right pictures and the amount of time he devotes to his customers. At the wedding itself I was blown away. He showed up with a small army. It was literally a battalion of the nicest and most talented artists I have ever met. You could not help but feel like a celebrity on the red carpet at the Academy Awards. The final product was amazing. Within hours of the wedding he sent us a video preview that looked like it came from a Hollywood studio. The album exceeded our dreams. Every picture was a work of art. As important of a day as your wedding is, it is just one day. the video and photos you will have for the rest of your lives and your children's lives. If there is one thing you must get right it is your photographer and you wont find a better one than Michael Farmer.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Leslie D

When you hire Michael you instantly feel like a celebrity. You are his cental focus and he takes your satisfaction very seriously. He is very easy to work with and listens intently to your desires. From him you get exactly what you asked for and everything you dreamt of. Before... Read More the wedding he is just a phone call away and ready to meet your needs. During the wedding he makes you feel like a stat on the red carpet. His beautiful photographs capture the magic of your special day. He is an artist, a professional, a magician and a values friend. With so much to worry about on your special day why not use the photographer that you know you can fully rely on?

Michael & Marni Farmer

Michael and Marni Farmer are award-winning photographers and videographers based in Southern California. The Michael Farmer Photography team specializes in weddings with a photojournalistic style. They have won numerous photography awards, have been voted "Best of The Knot" by their wedding clients year after year, and their wedding photos have been published numerous times. They love meeting new people, and strive to make even the most camera-shy client comfortable in front of the camera. Wedding packages can be customized to fit your needs and budget - contact them today!