Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1317 W 13th Terrace, Kansas City, MO (816) 200-1492

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Brad E

Michael did a fantastic job helping us through our wedding day. We live abroad, and Michael was very supportive in helping us through the planning of our big day. He knew the right questions to ask in regards to getting a sense of what we were looking for, both music wise but... Read More also in the atmosphere we were trying to create at the reception. He also was incredibly flexible the night of, searching hard for and eventually finding obscure songs that our friends requested to be played. He did a great job MC and the night really flowed well. Considering that our wedding was a New Years Eve wedding reception, he was so helpful in making the night a true all around celebration! Thanks you Michael!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Cristalle B

This vendor was contracted by me to provide photo booth services at a trade show with approx 600 attendees on May 24, 2017. They failed to show up and have refused to return calls or emails regarding the no show. I have over 15 years event mgmt experience and this was my first... Read More vendor no-show.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Madison D

WOW! Michael made the reception! He gave us so much attention leading up to the wedding that we knew exactly how the night was going to play out! He is so organized and truly a master in his field! Not only did he keep the party going with the perfect music but he kept our... Read More guests engaged with his fantastic MC skills! Everyone was raving about Michael days after! Plus he provided his awesome photo mirror! Don't look any further for a DJ - Michael is the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

My husband and I wish we could give him 10 stars. He truly was amazing. Originally we had hired a different DJ. I had even paid him in full. He was to do our DJ and lighting. However, he had to cancel about a month before our October wedding. *PANIC!* We reached out to Michael... Read More who thankfully had an opening. We were so thankful our other DJ had cancelled to be honest. Michael was willing to work with us since I was waiting for a refund from our other DJ. He also helped us coordinate the day of our wedding. That was something that we were so lost on. His ideas were wonderful and there were a few traditional things that we were not interested in. Michael had great suggestions and twists to traditional events. We even did some of the things we did not originally plan on doing. He was not only our MC/DJ/Light guy. He was like a coordinator. He went above and beyond 110% of the way. There was not a moment of the night that was not perfect thanks to him. He made the evening feel effortless for us. We were able to enjoy the night instead of worrying about the details. We couldn't have asked for a better guy!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Blair W

Our DJ choice was something that I thought was extremely important. It is very important that you have everything lined up and scheduled for your day, and that everything moves smoothly. So much of your day weighs on the small details and Michael had every detail laid out for... Read More us. We are both planners, especially my wife, and we thought we had everything ready, everything organized. But Michael has done multiple weddings, and most likely its your first wedding, and your last wedding, and he suggested and added details that we never would have thought of. He was there almost every step of the way with us and our wedding. Met us at least 4 times in person, and we live in Omaha, and had our wedding in Kansas City. The music was wonderful that he selected and he made sure to play what style we wanted, he gives you a sheet of dos and donts, and not what some random member of the family wanted to play if it didn't fit our idea. It's your day and Michael made sure of it. We didn't have to worry about what the next step was on our day, we didn't have to worry about who went where or what others were doing, Michael took care of it, and on your day, you don't want to have to worry about a thing. You want to be immersed in the day with your husband or wife. The most important things about your day is the flow and the details and Michael did a wonderful job with both, I'm so glad I found him! Also, a great add on was the photo booth which was something I definitely had to have! So glad we got it, it was very spacious, modern, and kept our guests entertained all night! Out of everyone we chose, photographer, videographer etc, Michael was someone we couldn't have lived without! Our day isn't as great as it was, without him if I could do a video review for him too, I would. Thanks again Michael, you're the bomb diggity!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Natalie M

From the very beginning, Michael was fantastic! He really gauges your style and caters to your every need! After meeting Michael the first time I knew I was in good hands. There was absolutely nothing that he did that wasn't perfect! Even when we changed our plans on the fly,... Read More during the wedding and / or reception, Michael didn't disappoint and was prepared for ANYTHING! He got into the dancing with us and raised the music bar when necessary. Even though we had a "coordinator" from the hotel we had selected for our venue, Michael was the one who never let me down and facilitated everything flawlessly. I never worried about a thing knowing that Michael would take care of everything. What I learned? Do not compromise on your DJ or Photographer; and I'm so glad I didn't!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Courtney O

I was nervous from the start of wedding planning that we didn’t have a wedding planner or day of coordinator, but I didn’t want to spend that amount of money to have someone else plan my wedding. Michael was the answer to all my nervous thoughts and helped the day run perfectly.... Read More We had several meetings with Michael and he was very thorough when we talked about the events planned for the reception. He also met us at the wedding venue to get an idea of the space and where all the reception events would take place. I knew going into our wedding day that Michael had everything under control and I didn’t have one single worry. The whole night was seamless – it flowed perfectly and that’s because we had Michael’s help. He made sure everything was queued up before it happened during the reception. Now, Michael as a DJ… there isn’t anything this guy can’t do. Our guests had SO much fun at our reception and were on the dance floor the whole time. He’s not your standard DJ – he’s so much more than that. I don’t think a lot of people realize how important it is to have someone like Michael at your wedding reception (especially if you don’t have a planner or day of coordinator). The DJ is what determines how the night will go – he needs to be able to read the crowd, keep the reception flowing, and he needs to be able to have fun. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding reception. Thank you Michael for everything you did for us!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Taylor D

We loved working with Michael for our wedding. We both are pretty laid back and not the best party planners so it was necessary to have someone really walk us through the process. Michael really took what we both offered and transformed it to fit with our location and guests. i... Read More highly recommend working with Michael for your music and planning needs!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Kyla M

Michael was so wonderful to work with! When we first got engaged, we didn't realize how important a DJ was for your wedding - but after getting into the planning, we started to realize how important your DJ is!! We were so happy we chose Michael - he was more than just a DJ. He... Read More helped us out by giving us a lot of ideas and suggestions; and he gave us a timeline of the wedding day/reception. He was extremely organized, responsive and met up with us throughout the entire planning process. He wanted to be sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. He knows just about every song you can think of - and really gets a feel of who you are as a couple and what kind of music you are looking for at your wedding. He is definitely worth every penny.. Michael will help you ease your mind and make the planning process enjoyable. He's funny and extremely nice and for our wedding day, he made sure things were going smoothly and on track and he gave us just what he promised. Michael is an amazing DJ, I would recommend him to ANYONE! :)

Highly Recommend MLW!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Hailey C

Michael Lauren Weddings is so much more than a DJ. He met with us multiple times in the year of planning our wedding to discuss our music preferences, but he also helped us to create our timeline for our day. Our wedding day ran so smoothly and we never had to worry about what... Read More came next. And he kept our dance floor full the entire night! Michael is worth every penny, you will not regret using him as your DJ.

Michael is Fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Stephanie J

Where to start with my review of Michael...he was excellent in every aspect of the planning process. He really helped my husband and I to develop a flow for our wedding and reception. We had a sort of non-traditional wedding at the same venue as the reception with no transition... Read More period. Michael set down with my husband and I to determine the best way to make sure we were getting what we wanted and that what we wanted would work for our event. He is not only a dj but a wedding planner. He made us think about things that we hadn't even considered and helped us to create the wedding of our dream. We couldn't have had the stress free and wonderful wedding day that we had without Michael. He was nothing short of amazing!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a true professional who cares about his clients.

Wonderful DJ

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kirsten S

My husband and I were referred to Michael by our photographer. We wanted someone we knew we could trust and would feel comfortable leaving the playlist up to them. We didn't want a cheesy DJ or someone in a bigger company that we wouldn't know for sure who we were getting... Read More until right before the wedding. Michael met and exceeded our expectations. He had several planning meetings throughout the year leading up to our wedding and I knew that was a good sign. He could figure out our style and run things smoothly. So many guests came up to us after and said how smooth our reception went and there was never a drag. We owe all that to Michael for keeping everything moving so we didn't lose our guests interest. From the releasing of tables to our final send off everything flowed so well. I could not be more happy with our decision and I highly recommend Michael to everyone who is looking for a fun DJ that will keep your reception going.

The Best of The Best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Mallory F

Get ready for a lengthy review. We absolutely LOVED Michael! He is not your average DJ whose only concern is the music, but instead he is a planner who helps personalize your special day while getting to know you as a couple. I really drug my feet when it came to finding a... Read More DJ. I had been to the bridal shows here and was almost creeped out by the DJs who were yelling at us from across the room while fist-pumping. Real professional! I had that image stuck in my mind and did not want to meet with a DJ. In fact, I assigned the task to my then fiance and he ran across Michael. Once I read Michael's reviews I contacted him immediately. We met with him a few days later and that was it, we knew he HAD to be part of our wedding. We met with Michael an additional 6 times (if not more) because HE wanted to make sure every little detail was perfect. I didn't even worry about the reception because I knew Michael had it taken care of. He came up with several ideas for our reception that made it unique, special, and personalized. Michael suggested recording our voices telling our parents how we feel and sharing memories from our childhood and inserting those clips in our parent dances. Genius! I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. Michael also contacted me and asked if I wanted to do a recording for our first dance to surprise my fiance. Little did I know he also contacted my fiance and asked if he wanted to do the same thing. I was so surprised to hear my fiance's voice when the music started playing and immediately teared up. How thoughtful of Michael to surprise both of us on our wedding day. There were several times throughout the reception where a guest would come up to me telling me how they loved a certain detail and my response was almost always, "That's all my DJ. He came up with that." Our reception was organized due to Michael's time line and I cannot thank him enough for that. Michael would come find me and tell me how much time I had before the next event was coming up. I could mingle with my guests without worrying about anything. I would say my favorite thing about Michael is the fact that he became our friend. He got to know us personally and knew what we wanted in a reception. He truly looked out for my fiance and I on our wedding day and I cannot begin to express my gratitude for that. If you are looking for a DJ for your upcoming wedding do not waste your time meeting with anyone else. I can promise you Michael is everything you want in a DJ/planner and MUCH MUCH MORE!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Meredith H

Michael Lauren Weddings is one of the best, if not the best DJ in KC. It was one of the best decisions for our wedding to go with Michael. The first time we met with Michael, I knew I didn't have to meet with any other DJ. Michael meets with you at least 5 times prior to the... Read More wedding to get every detail and part of your timeline ready for your big day (I think we met maybe 7 or so). Michael is very thorough, professional and easy to communicate with. He cares about how important this is for you and wants it to be the best. He is also very experienced and knows exactly what to expect the day of- he knows about details that you don't even think about before the wedding. He helped us plan for other areas not even having to do with the music. He has a timeline that you fill out with everyone that is involved along with the events of the night. We went through cocktail hour songs, songs that are must plays and songs that you absolutely don't want to play & he sticks to that list. He makes amazing suggestions that are unique and fit your own style. This is not a just a DJ that plays music for you at your reception. Michael makes sure everything runs smoothly the night of the reception. He arrives at least 2 hours prior to the start of the reception to make sure he is set up along with the other vendors. Our grand entrance from the rooftop was amazing. He also coordinated a grand exit for us that was a special end to the night. My husband and I did not have to worry about one thing the night of the wedding. He knows a lot of the vendors in the area and works well with them to ensure that the night runs smoothly - if you are not finished choosing vendors, he can provide suggestions. I know that our reception would have not gone as planned or as smooth if he were not helping us. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Our guests have nothing but great things to say about the night and Michael was a huge part of that.

Does a fantastic job and goes above and beyond for his couples!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Laura N

Michael did an amazing job, he met with us multiple times to make sure everything would be perfect. He is super detail oriented and goes above and beyond for you! He is very outgoing and easy to work with. He always was prompt with getting back to us! I would 100% recommend... Read More him!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Brenda K

I knew as soon as I met Mike, that he was meant to be the DJ for our wedding reception. My husband and I live in Springfield, MO and were not always able to get time to have in person meetings. Mike was so accommodating and helped us to plan a fantastic party through FaceTime... Read More and phone calls. Every detail that we wanted, he made happen and even provided some fabulous ideas to keep the momentum continuing throughout the entire evening! Thank you so much Mike for making our wedding reception the most fun we have ever had! Anyone looking for a DJ needs to look no further than Michael Lauren Weddings!!!!! Hands down, the best!!

2015-10-06T09:51:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for posting this Brenda! I'm glad I was able to help you create the celebration you wanted!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Katelin W

Michael was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ! He helped so much with making the night flow perfectly and catering to us and our guests. He involved our guests more than just a typical DJ and wanted to make sure that we loved every minute of our wedding! Through out the... Read More planning process he was always available and willing to meet. It made us feel very comfortable. A lot of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to! I would suggest him for any of my family or friends getting married.

2015-09-29T10:58:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks Katelin! I enjoyed every second of your celebration! What an amazing group of friends and family. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Best. Day. Ever.

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Julie P

Michael did an amazing job at our wedding! He played all the right music and stuck to the do not play list! All of our guests had a great time! Michael had multiple planning meetings with us and gave us great ideas that we never would have thought of! Your guests will remember... Read More the great time they had at your wedding! He is worth every penny! Highly recommend him and his services!

The Best MC Ever

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Amanda G

It's really not fair to say Michael is a DJ -- he is so much more. Michael is the difference between having an average wedding, and having a wedding where the whole party is up dancing all night and afterwards everyone is telling you that yours was the best wedding they've ever... Read More been to. HE IS THAT GOOD. Michael is a true professional. He will meet with you several times to make sure that everything is set by the time your big day arrives. The music is actually almost secondary. The bigger piece is working out the flow of the evening. This wasn't something I thought about at first, but it was so critical for the reception -- it means that you never leave guests wondering what's going to happen next, that YOU always know what to expect, that there aren't any awkward pauses. This is the difference between Michael and ordinary DJs: Michael will not only play the perfect songs (and he will), but he'll also orchestrate the evening so that you never have to worry and everyone else always has a good time. Michael is also just incredibly kind, easy-going, and fun. You will love working with him, and it will make you all the more excited about planning your wedding. It won't feel stressful: it will just be fun. Michael has a ton of great ideas and he really knows how to help you stay on track and get things done so you can focus on what's important. Keep in mind that he does weddings (and only weddings) for a living, so he really knows what he's talking about!! Bottom line: Michael is the person you need to make your wedding amazing. If he's already booked for your date, get married on a different day!

2015-09-29T10:53:09 Response from the vendor

Wow! What a nice review! Thank you so much!

The Wedding DJ Of Our Dreams

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Jessica M

The minute we met with Matthew, we knew that he was exactly what we were needed for our big day. We first met with the him six months before our wedding day. He made the entire process very easy and met with us numerous times along the way. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ... Read More to work with. Once our day finally came, he was incredibly organized, very well planned, and everything we wanted. We are still hearing reviews from guests saying how amazing everything was. It was a night we will never forget.

Above & beyond the role of a traditional DJ

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Kari C

Michael truly outdid himself for our July 2014 wedding. We knew the first time we met with him, that he could do great things at our wedding! My husband and I had been together for 8 years, and were engaged for one (long) year full of stressful, but fun! planning. Each meeting... Read More with Michael was special. We actually looked forward to these meetings and he is the one we can thank for making us SO EXCITED to finally get married! Out of everyone, he had the final vision with us. He talks through your ceremony and reception in such an incredible way, paying attention to every little detail, it makes you literally smile. I cannot say enough positive things about his services and neither could our wedding guests. We had our family and friends’ telling us all night about how awesome our DJ was. Michael goes far beyond the role of a traditional DJ. Steve and I cannot thank you enough for sharing your ideas, expertise and services for our wedding! We want to relive the night all over again because it was so FUN! (We also will forever think of you when we hear the song Fancy) Thank you!

2015-09-29T10:54:28 Response from the vendor

You guys were so awesome to work with! Planning should be fun! I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole process!

Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Mika M

I already had a family friend who planned to play the piano at my wedding when he decided to drop out a month before my wedding. I found Michael Lauren and he actually had an opening on that day and said he would help me also plan how everything would be, which was a great help... Read More because I had no idea what I was doing! He came to the rescue and made my wedding day run smoothly! He worked threw very efficiently even though my venue owner was very rude to him. I was impressed and I highly recommend him. He made my wedding day as perfect as I imagined!

Michael Westerman Made Our Reception Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Lauren H

Warning: LONG review. I truly cannot say enough good things! Michael did a wonderful job coordinating, planning and DJing my April 2014 wedding reception. Yes, he played music, but even more, he performed the role as our reception coordinator. Like many brides, I... Read More originally thought that I needed to hire someone who could just play music. After seeing many positive reviews of Michael’s services online, my fiance’ Justin and I met with him in person. During our meeting, we realized that Michael was the real deal and that we needed to work with him. Michael explained how he would do much more than just play music — he would help with planning the reception events with us, he would routinely meet with us throughout the whole planning process, he’d make sure the flow of the entire event made sense, etc. And he did exactly that! We Skyped with Michael on one occasion and also met in person on a few occasions. We also met at our reception site with Michael so he could plan out the event details, the location of the grand entrance, etc. Throughout our planning, Michael also was very prompt to respond via email whenever I reached out with questions, ideas and concerns. Michael told us time and time again that our job as the couple was to just enjoy our reception; his job was to make sure that it ran smoothly. And Michael kept that promise. Justin and I danced, mingled, enjoyed our food, and had a wonderful time at our reception. We never had any question about what’s next, where do we go, aren’t we supposed to cut the cake at some point? When we needed to perform a specific task at our reception, Michael found us and briefly gave us a reminder. On the music side of things, our dance floor was crowded the entire night. Of course as the bride and groom, we were busy talking with so many people, so we were not on the dance floor too much. Following up with one of the bridesmaids next day, she said, “I was on the dance floor the whole night!” Michael’s planning and organization services combined with his DJ expertise was worth every penny. I would absolutely recommend him to any bride and groom looking for a DJ — and then some. We will forever be grateful for the contribution he made and the hard work he put in on our very special day.

Amazing

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Tasia R

That's all I can say. He is a little more expensive than your average DJ but absolutely worth it. He caters to your personalities and needs. He knows the business SO well and is very willing to work with you on any changes. He also has amazing recommendations if you have no clue... Read More what you want or what to do! I highly recommend him. He made our wedding such an amazing and FUN experience. He really got to know our type of personality and just made everything way better than what we could have imagined!

An Incredible Choice!

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Brittney C

My wife and I booked Michael for our wedding reception in July and we could not have been more happy with the service he provided for our wedding day. From the very first email, Michael was extremely professional, personable, and prompt in all of his correspondence. We met... Read More with Michael twice before our wedding day to discuss every detail of our wedding reception. Michael even met us at our reception location to view the ballroom and plan out our entire reception. Michael is not an ordinary DJ who hits the play button and sits back. He is involved with every aspect of the reception. No detail was overlooked and when it came time for our reception, Michael took care of everything and allowed us to enjoy every moment of our night. Even our wedding coordinator at the ballroom commented on how incredibly organized and thorough Michael was. She had never worked with a DJ so instrumental in the entire flow of the wedding reception. We can not thank Michael enough for the incredible job he did for us. We were blessed to have him as a part of our wedding day and highly recommend Michael Lauren Weddings!