Michael ODay Photography

All of Southern California

Beautifully capturing your Wedding Day

Selecting the right photographer is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. You want an award winning professional photographer team; that will work with you and capture your memories with professionalism, artistry and your personality in mind. Call us to set up a free consultation--we'll even buy the coffee.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

All of Southern California (866) 329-3106

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Cristi S

When you seek a photographer, you will first look at the photo samples, and then you will look at the price. I know this firsthand because I recently got married. I met with three separate photographers. All their work was beautiful. All three were great to talk with. All three... Read More charged similar rates (a max difference of $600). So, why did we choose Michael and Julie? They have the X factor: professionalism. If you have yet to be married, then you do not understand the stress and nerves that will overtake you, a usually calm person, on your wedding day. You need someone who can be unobtrusive as well as present to talk you off the ledge. You need someone who has his team on headsets so when the bride realizes, as the flower girl is sprinkling petals, that she does not have her bouquet, he can send a runner to sprint that bouquet to the bride! And Michael was there to tell me, in the calmest voice, that I am the bride and they will wait for me. So breathe. I've had the opportunity to watch wedding video, and I watched Michael, Julie, and Mickey as they worked. I am beyond impressed. What I saw were 3 people with eagle eyes, constantly scanning the action and snapping real guest reactions. I remember Michael and Julie telling me that my husband and I will miss big chunks of our wedding because we will be busy and overwhelmed. It is their jobs to photograph what we miss, so that we can really experience our own wedding. Michael and Julie set the bar for all photographers. I won't get my photos for 4 more weeks. I am not concerned at all. I know the shots will be fantastic because I witnessed first hand their organization, teamwork, and keen eyes. There is no substitute for experience, and all I can say is that you will not be sorry. These people take their jobs very seriously. They will listen to you and be respectful when you need space. Before we left our initial interview with Michael and Julie, Michael offered a piece of advice: no matter whom you choose, make sure you choose someone you'd enjoy having a second cup of coffee with; you will be spending a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day! We would love to have a second cup of coffee with Michael and Julie. In fact, I was sad to see them go. They became a source of sublime comfort to me during a whirlwind of emotion.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Suzy D

OH MY GOODNESS! We are absolutely floored by the quality from all these photos! Words cannot truly express how grateful and excited we are over them. We had an amazing time with you guys. Thank you for a great night and thank you for our great pictures. We cannot wait to work... Read More with you again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tammy A

While searching for a wedding photographer, we came across Michael O’Day Photography, looked through his portfolio on his website and decided that we liked his style already. We loved his his composition, sophistication, clarity and freshness of the images. As we sat down with... Read More Michael, we found out he was incredibly friendly and down to earth, which made us feel very comfortable. We hired Michael after only meeting him once and I immediately thought he was great. He work with us in building a suitable package. He worked with my husband and I so well. During our engagement shoot, he was professional and fun to work with which made us feel very comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. We are speechless over our wedding album. It’s the most beautiful thing we have ever seen from the images, to the binding to the cover and all of the pages! When we met him on the wedding day, which is the fifth time, we felt like old friends. Our wedding photos came out so spectacular. He captured both the general mood and the intimate small details of our wedding beginning with the late morning building up right through the final ending when we left the reception and they walked us to our car to capture their last photo. They were spectacular and I would recommend them to everyone! Pick Michael O’Day Photography

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Paul N

Thanks to Michael and his team for providing on our wedding day a first class service. The images are just simply amazing, not only did they capture the essence of our day, Michael’s passion comes across in the photos. He is able to blend so well that our guest didn’t realize... Read More they were being photographed. It’s not the formal photos that remind us how great our day was, but the natural fun and excitement of the special day that is so important to be documented. Michael has the ability to paint a story so vivid and emotional that we were actually brought to tears seeing what they created for us. Our wedding day was like a blink of the eye, to know that we have all these beautiful images as memories, means more to us than words can express.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lisa D

At our first meeting with Michael, we knew we wanted him to be our wedding photographer. When we first met him, he made us feel at ease. The engagement shoot gave us time to get to know Michael before the big day. All of our friends and family were very impressed with Michael... Read More and his team’s professionalism and always there for support on answers other than photos and was like part of our family. His pictures truly captured the mood, atmosphere and emotions of the day and everything else that we missed. Our family and friends were so excited and please with all the photos that Michael and his team took. Lots of positive comments from our guest wishing they had documentary photographed their wedding instead of having set poses. Michael has such an amazing talent for capturing “moments” which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mary F

I've never written a review before but I wanted to write this one because I know how hard it is to choose a wedding photographer. I didn't know anything about photography and had no idea what to look for or what questions to ask a photographer. Michael and Julie made everything... Read More so easy... as they will tell you... meeting them for coffee is well worth the time even if you don't hire them... I fact they insisted we talk to at least 2 more photographer after meeting with them. They politely explained all the options, what to look for, what to ask and the why behind it all. I cannot thank them enough! The day of our wedding they helped out in so many ways... I did not worry about anything; I knew my wedding was in good hands. The pictures they captured are so beautiful. I still light up when I look at them. They documented so many wonderful moments from everywhere. Wonderful meaningful events that we would have never seen without their help and keen eye. I can't thank them enough... I love you guys.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Libby R

Michael, Julie and Miki did an amazing job... They were so professional and nice. My family and friends were very impressed. The pictures are gorgeous!!! I simple cannot say enough great things about them... and words cannot express my gratitude. Just hire them... you well... Read More love them. We do!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ji P

Michael and his wife Julie did the photography for our Wedding, and they were AMAZING from the very first meeting til even now -- months after the Wedding. They were thoughtful, made us feel comfortable, generous with their time, and incredibly talented. I can't say enough... Read More great things about them. We love all the photos that they took. They captured so many precious moments that we will now have forever. Thank you Michael and Julie!! You guys are THE BEST.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Polet B

Pictures capture the moments of life that you can look back and actually remember being there that specific day and time. Michael O'Day Photography you made our event very special. Your energy, smile, warmth left a great impression on all of our guests. thank you very much.... Read More we appreciate you.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Polet B

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Shannon P

My husband and I were so glad we chose Michael and Julie to be our photographers. They were kind, fun, and professional. Although we just booked them for engagement photos, the ceremony, and the reception, they went out of their way to take photos at our tea ceremony as well.... Read More They made us and our guests comfortable with having our pictures taken. They never forced anyone to smile or pose uncomfortably and they never got in the way of our celebration. Michael and Julie provided us with a great service and top quality photos.

Best ever!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Janice M

You couldn't ask for better photographers! They captured so many moments that my husband and I didn't get a chance to see and most importantly, they captured who we are as a couple. They spent lots of time with us before and during the wedding, but you never felt like you had... Read More a camera shoved in your face. I think something I most appreciated was their communication with each other. Michael and Julie were in constant contact so there were no surprise run-ins between my husband and I before the ceremony. Those little things really help keep a wedding day on track. Thank you so much Michael, Julie & Micky!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jane M

Michael and his staff were amazing. My husband and I could not be happier... even our families loved them. They arrived early and helped out in so many ways. They helped us with things that were not their "job". No one knew how to pin a boutonniere and they did all of them, they... Read More even assisted in the lacing of my dress. They were phenomenal and very professional. They had secret service type radios that helped us communicate... they coordinated our movements leading up to the ceremony so we didn’t see each other until the altar. Without them we wouldn’t know where everyone was at or if the flowers arrived. I felt so much more relaxed with them there. I am so ecstatic. They made the entire wedding day run more smoothly. And pictures we received... took our breath away. Everything was capture so beautifully. And I mean everything... They where everywhere, taking picture of the entire wedding. My family was amazed by their friendliness and how they always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. They even have some essential oils to help calm my mom down when she got so stressed with the flower people.   I can't say enough great things about Michael, Julie and Mikki... I highly recommend Michael O’Day Photography from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Michael and Julie were amazing… they were very polite, professional and fun. I’m not usually comfortable having my picture taken but with them it was different. They took the time to really get to know us. Our first meeting over coffee was not like any other vendor meeting. We... Read More left feeling like new friends. The pictures from our engagement session took our breath away. Not only did they capture our personalities; they totally expressed our love. Michael and Julie were available to give valuable advice throughout the entire wedding planning process and even helped with the rehearsal. I do not know what I would have done without them. When they showed up early on our wedding day it was like a weight was lifted. Because our (new) old friends; Michael and Julie were there, I knew everything would be fine. I could finally relax and enjoy my day. I love the pictures… my wedding album… and Michael and Julie.

FLAWLESS!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

One word.... FLAWLESS!! Michael and Julie were amazing, friendly and extremely polite!!! My family fell in love with them as soon as they met. I can't say enough good things about them... they did such an incredible job, I truly don't know what we would have done without them.... Read More I highly recommended them We love them!!!!!

Truly Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Michael and Julie where amazing! At twice the price they would still be worth every penny. The pictures are stunning and our album is a genuine work of art. They arrived early, stayed 'til the very end and were a delight to be around. My family and friends could not stop... Read More talking about how courteous and professional they were. My wife and I are so grateful... don't settle for anyone else; if you want pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your life hire Michael O'Day Photography.

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Claire W

We were very impressed with Michael and Julie. From the engagement shoot, to the wedding, to the final photographic results they exceeded our expectations. They have a playful banter between them and are very down to earth which really puts you at ease whilst they are snapping... Read More away. They went above and beyond to ensure everything went well on the day. Without us even asking, Michael even turned up at our rehearsal and ended up being a significant help in guiding us through the motions and how it should all flow on the day. We love our photos too! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Polly C

Michael and Julie are definitely the photographers you want for your wedding. From our initial meeting, they made us feel comfortable and talked us through options and ideas. Before the wedding, they were very thorough in helping us think about various details of the day, things... Read More that my husband and I hadn't even thought about, they would bring up so that we were prepared on the day of. On the day of the wedding, they were professional but also so knowledgeable and kind. (Having planned most of this wedding ourselves, they helped us out with how to stage the cutting of the cake and other minute wedding reception details). They arrived early,were friendly towards all of our family, friends, and guests. We received so many positive comments and compliments about how the photographers were so professional (everywhere, captured all moments) and yet at the same time they were very patient if our guests weren't ready. My husband and his groomsmen weren't thrilled about the idea of taking so many photos on the day of the wedding, but Michael and Julie made it so easy going and relaxed that they enjoyed the day! They are quick to respond to emails or calls, and very flexible to fit your budget and needs. Thank you very much Michael & Julie! You made our special day so memorable and we are grateful.

Fantastic Photographers

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Brieanne P

Michael and Julie were able to capture the whole day perfectly. They really understood who we were as a couple from the engagement photos to the wedding pictures.

We loved our photos!

Reviewed on 1/09/2015 Susan K

We really made a good decision in going with Michael O'Day for our engagement photos. He and his wife Julie took wonderful pictures for us. They even met us before the photoshoot, which I thought was unusual but really nice. They made us feel comfortable and we had fun taking... Read More photos that day. The price of the photoshoot is reasonable and he won't rip you off. We are overall very happy with the results. Thanks!

Affordable and amazing photographers

Reviewed on 11/14/2014

Michael and Julie were an amazing couple to work with. From the day we met them I knew they were the perfect fit to photograph our wedding. They were there for us whole step of the way. The day of they made us both feel so comfortable and had so many great photo ideas. I got... Read More so many compliments from family and friends on how professional and friendly our photographs were. They captured every moment of my special day and I'm so excited to see the final product. They are affordable and and they do quality work. I highly recommend them.

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Amanda

My fiancé and I had our our engagement shoot with Michael and Julie in October. we are in love with the final photos!!! We just sent out our Save the dates and have gotten so many compliments on our photos already!!! :) We had met with many photographers, and all of them... Read More were way over priced and not professional. Michael and Julie were the last photographers we met with and as soon as we started talking we knew they were the one!!! lol. They are very passionate about they're work and amazing at what they do. They are very down to earth, professional, and fun to be around. We're excited to share our special day with them. Can't wait till our wedding day in June 2015!!!

Increditible

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Michael O’Day Photography was recommended to us by a friend who had them as their wedding photographers. I was very excited to find photographers who would do things a little differently, I didn’t want that posed look. On our wedding day we all felt very comfortable with them. I... Read More could not believe how affordable they were. I can honestly say the value went beyond our expectations. Their attitude, professionalism, and expertise showed through from wedding day to the delivery of our wedding album. Michael and Julie really love what they do and it shows in the quality of their work.

Love the pictures! Love the experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My wife and I fell in love with the pictures on their website. We met up with Michael and Julie within a few days and booked them immediately.  We felt very comfortable with them. They were so friendly and easy to talk to and get along with. They also had great pointers for our... Read More wedding timeline. About a month before our wedding, we met up with them for a scout around our venue for fun shots and other ideas of where to place things. All our photos look so natural and not fake like they were set up poses. They made everyone comfortable and the photos came out incredible. They were professional and most importantly, they were very passionate at what they do. Our wedding photos turned out beautifully! The first time I saw our wedding photos, I was literally speechless. Thank you again guys for such a wonderful job!

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We had so much fun getting our engagement photos taken. Both Michael and Julie were easy to work with and the photos were done within a week. I can’t get over how amazing the photos turned out. So we were very excited to have them back on our wedding day. With their passion,... Read More that day will live forever in our pictures and we could not have asked for better people to do this important job. Both of them deserve absolutely amazing reviews and I want to thank them again for doing such an awesome job!