Capturing life's most precious moments

My focus on your wedding day is to document all of the details and emotions as they naturally unfold. I capture not only the big moments of your day, but also the small ones - the moments in-between the moments. As an experienced professional, I blend in and quietly anticipate a smile, laugh, or tear of joy about to shine through. Looking back, these are the photographs that give you the chills and bring you right back to those once-in-a-lifetime moments. Getting to know you before your big day is important to me. For that reason, I encourage my couples to schedule an engagement session. This way you spend your entire wedding day with your partner and a friend instead of a stranger behind a camera.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

East Haddam, CT Serving all of CT (860) 670-0773
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Michelle S

The best experience a bride could have ever asked for!! Michael was truly amazing as our wedding photographer! I was getting very frustrated looking for wedding photographers but then I came across Michael and spoke with him on the phone and booked him right then and there.... Read More It was the best decision we could have made. From the second we started working with Michael, we knew we were in good hands. Everything from his down-to-earth personality and his "you won't even know I'm there" candid photography approach, we couldn't have asked for anything better. Out of all the vendors and people we worked with for our wedding, he was THE BEST. He was extremely professional and responsive and made everything extremely easy and comfortable for us throughout the entire process. We had engagement photos done with Michael and he was so accommodating and met us at our favorite reservoir out in the boonies of CT and the photos came out beautiful. My now husband is not photogenic and was pretty camera shy and apprehensive, but with Michael's laid back style, he made everything very comfortable and we got some great photos. After the wedding, our guests were ranting and raving about how great Michael was. Every time something awesome was happening at our wedding, Michael was there to capture it. We ended up with beautiful candid photos of all of our favorite moments and are over-the-moon happy with how everything turned out. Anytime we want a photographer in the future, Michael will be our guy.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Victoria R

I honestly don't know where to start because I can't say enough great things about Michael and his service. He was such a pleasure to work with. He was professional and easy-going, and he was very responsive to all of my questions. On the day of our wedding he was absolutely... Read More fantastic! He had two cameras and he was so attentive to everything that was going on. We just got our pictures and we were so impressed with how many we received, and how he managed to capture so much. We have such great pictures, and a nice mixture of ones that are posed as well as some great candid shots. We love the lighting and editing that he did with the photos as well. I also want to note that he was so flexible and captured pictures until the very end of the evening for us. Even my guests commented on how great he was, and how he was smiling the whole night! We received our images on a USB drive and he also provided me a link to an online gallery with all of our images so we had them prior to receiving the USB. He also provided some beautiful prints for us! There were no hiccups or surprises, and I honestly could not be happier with his service or our wedding pictures! I highly recommend Michael, and we will absolutely be working with him again in the future!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Allison G

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our big day! Mike is so talented and captured who we are as a couple as well as our love in timeless photos that we will cherish forever. Mike was professional, on time, and had excellent communication throughout the entire... Read More process. He was great at coaching us along to ensure that everyone posed in the most flattering way. He also was able to make our family laugh which allowed him to capture the true essence of everyone's personality and joy in our photos. All of our friends and family were in awe of our photos and we received so many compliments. There is not one photo that we do not absolutely love. Thank you Mike for your professionalism, talent and generosity. We will absolutely be returning for future photo sessions (maternity, newborn, family). I highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a photographer who will capture some of life's most precious moments.

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Danielle G

My husband and I searched long and hard for a photographer that would give us great direction, comfort, and of course beautiful pictures. Michael did not disappoint. When we received our pictures and album, we were floored. Family and friends could not stop talking about his... Read More great work and sweet personality. We trusted him through our entire planning process from engagement pictures to the big day. Michael continued communication with us all year and quickly became our favorite vendor to work with. We couldn’t be happier and will use him to capture our future memories. - Danielle & Michael Busillo

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Alicia S

Michael is wonderful! Great response time to emails, very organized and a wonderful person to work with. Our engagement pictures were beautiful and we can't wait to see our wedding photos! He did a wonderful job of organizing my large family and wedding party to capture photos... Read More and he was always moving throughout the ceremony and the reception to capture candids of the guests! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kelsey K

Look no farther! You have found the best photographer in the wedding business. It is hard to express in words just how wonderful Mike is as a wedding photographer. The wedding process is such a stressful experience. It was a nice change of pace to meet someone who made the... Read More process so easy. Right from the start Mike was a pleasure to work with. From the fast response to our first inquiry e-mail to how prepared he was at our first meeting. He was extremely professional and had an answer for all of our questions at that first meeting. Our engagement shoot was a great experience getting to know Mike. He was full of little surprises along the way that made the wedding process so much fun and less stressful. His calm nature helps keep everyone relaxed during the wedding photography process and he made sure to get every shot we asked for plus many more. He is never in your face or distracting from your special day. He is an integral part of the day and is able to blend in and capture so many wonderful candid moments. Looking through our photos it amazes me how he was able to capture the most special memories from our wedding day. We will treasure our photographs forever and we can’t thank Mike enough for helping us preserve those memories.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Megan B

Michael was so wonderful to work with. He captured every special moment on our wedding day. We couldn't of asked for a better photographer. We recieved our pictures fairly quick and were extremely happy with the results.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017

Mike was absolutely fantastic! My husband and I are so pleased with both our engagement images and the images from our wedding. We received so many compliments about how beautiful the images are from friends and family. Mike is very professional, easy to work with, reliable and... Read More responsive. He also has a great sense of humor! My husband and I do not typically enjoy having our pictures taken and we thought it might be uncomfortable to have a photographer snapping our pictures but Mike made us feel completely at ease. He has given us a fantastic record of our special day that we will cherish forever! There are many images that we will frame. I 100% recommend Mike and just hope we have an opportunity to use him for a life event in the future :) 

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Jen S

Every time I look at my wedding pictures I am able to relive that day, thanks to Michael! Michael was very accommodating and so easy to work with from the beginning. He keeps in touch through email and text messages, and made planning a breeze with his questionnaires.... Read More Choosing a photographer was a hard decision to make since each photographer seems to have their own style. I am so happy we chose Michael to be our photographer because he truly has a way of capturing the love and fun in every picture. I would highly recommend Michael to anyone! And I recommend visiting his website to see his beautiful pictures!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kass and Shawn M

Mike was so amazing to work with on our special day and throughout the planning process. We wanted to meet him before signing a contract but due to distance and winter weather couldn't meet the day we planned to - so instead he suggested we meet via FaceTime - brilliant idea.... Read More From this moment, we knew we wanted Mike to photograph our wedding! This shows how flexible he is and how dedicated he is to his craft. His package includes an engagement session, which was super helpful as it gave us a chance to get to know each other and for me and my fiance to feel comfortable in front of a camera. Mike was so easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. The night of the wedding, Mike arrived early to get a sense of the venue, and was extremely professional and calm even in the middle of family craziness trying to get organised for posed photos. Mike is adaptable to your needs in the moment and takes time beforehand to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want out of his services on your special day. We got an online website with all of our photos from the wedding day on our 1-month anniversary. It was such a special way to celebrate and revisit the amazing day! I was impressed with Mike's punctuality - he said it usually takes 4-6 weeks for him to ready the photos, and even though it's the middle of peak wedding season he got us our photos in exactly 4 weeks. The photographs are incredible. Mike captured what seems like each and every special moment of the evening. The quality of the images is amazing! They are crystal clear and the lighting is perfect. I am obsessed with the wedding portraits, family posed photos, the pictures of the venue and details of the event, and especially the candids - and fireworks shots!! That may be my favorite part. Mike captured all the moments we couldn't possibly witness ourselves as we were super busy hosting our wedding. We are beyond pleased with our choice to hire Mike as our wedding photographer. He was so easy to work with, friendly, takes his job seriously but you can tell he truly loves what he does and has fun with it. Do not hesitate to reach out to Mike if you are looking for a wedding photographer! 10/10 would book again. Thank you, Mike, for helping us preserve the memories of the best day of our lives :)

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Liz S

I cannot say enough incredible things about Michael. He was our photographer this past Saturday and my husband and I have not stopped raving about him since. He absolutely exceeded our wildest expectations. He was so accommodating, easy going, helpful, and has an unbelievable... Read More amount of talent and skill. He stayed with us for 11 hours and was full of energy and ideas for the entire time while we walked around Hartford and danced across Southington. He was so friendly and sweet to everyone he met and our family noticed how kind, relaxed, and helpful he was. The day after our wedding he had already posted some sneak peeks on social media and three days after our wedding he emailed us thanking us and telling us he began working on the photos and that we can expect to recieve them within 4-6 weeks. Our engagement session him was fantastic as were all the meetings leading up to the wedding. The website he uses to bill us was easy to use, and his prices included so many wonderful details- recorded vows, photo album, second shooter. He was kind and friendly in all his emails back and forth and we highly, highly recommend Michael for your wedding photo needs!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amanda C

Michael is great! We did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos with him, and we were so pleased with how they turned out. It’s actually a huge struggle to figure out which ones to put in frames because so many of them are wonderful. If you want beautiful portraits,... Read More hilarious candids, and a great overall representation of your wedding, he’s the person to go to. We also really appreciate that Michael’s photos are true to life—he doesn’t need to hide his work behind a lot of edits and filters, because the base photos he takes are already lovely. On top of that, he responds to communication quickly, gets to shooting locations on time, and is professional and funny. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Megan N

Michael one the first vendor we booked and it was one of the best decisions we made! Michael took our engagement photos and he was so wonderful to work with. My fiance really wanted to take Lord of The Rings themed fun photos and Michael was all for it! And they came out way... Read More better than we thought they would and all of our guests loved them! In the whole planning wedding process after that initial photos taken we ended up changing our wedding venue at least twice and completely changing our wedding date as well. My now husband and I were so worried that he wouldn't be able to take our photos for our big day but Michael was so accommodating and was so easy to work with us in all of our requests. On our actual wedding day we wanted to take our photos in the same place we took our engagement photos but we had to change the location slightly due to other wedding parties being in the same area. But we were so happy that we did, the pictures came out beautiful and gave us a different scenery than we had for our engagement photos. And in order for us to not have to pay overtime on the limos we had rented for the day Michael and his assistant Allie offered to drive us back to the reception venue. They did not have to do that for us and were so kind and made our day run more smoothly with all of their help. His assistant Allie was so wonderful as well and really made the group photos a breeze. Michael was on of our favorite vendors to work with. He was so kind, professional, and the quality of Michael's work is worth way more than his what he charges.He was able to capture our wedding day and all of the love we had on our day in such a beautiful way. I recommend Michael Orzell Photography VERY highly for any of your photography needs!

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Raquel W

Michael Orzell Photography was an excellent find! My husband and I had a small backyard wedding and we wanted to use all local vendors. We decided last minute to get a professional photographer and we weren’t sure if there was even a local one in town. I did a Google search... Read More and voila…Michael Orzell Photography! We were extremely lucky that he was available with only a few months’ notice. Michael made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement session and he even laughed along at all of my husband’s awkward comments – he likes to joke! Our wedding day was a rainy one, but Michael stuck it out with us all day. He was solo since it was a small wedding and he captured so many great memories for us. There’s one of my nephew and I that makes my heart melt! We absolutely love how the wedding album turned out and he even sent us a few card prints along with all of our photos on a jump drive. I’m hoping to utilize Michael’s services in the near future when we start our family. Can’t wait to see what he can do with baby photos!! Thanks for everything, Michael! We will be in touch. =)

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Rachel O

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Michael Orzell as our wedding photographer. From the first time we met him he was professional, friendly and really seemed to love what he does. It shows in his pictures. We started off with an engagement shoot in NH at my... Read More family’s cottage. He did an absolutely amazing job. My husband is a little camera shy but he made us feel comfortable and let us be ourselves which led to the most beautiful pictures ever taken of us. Again at our wedding, he was prompt, courteous and did a wonderful job of capturing our day. His candids are just incomparable. He does an incredible job of blending in and capturing the moment exactly as it is. There’s one photo that stands out in particular between my father and me where I can hear his laugh perfectly. I know that years down the road I’ll still be able to hear his laugh when I look at that picture. To say I recommend Mike as a wedding photographer is an understatement. You will not be disappointed if you hire him.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Brittany B

Mike was our wedding photographer for our wedding just about two years ago. He was great! He also did an engagement shoot for us that was great as well. He took amazing shots of our day and even got a huge group photo of all our guests! His turn around time was also very quick... Read More and he even got our photobook back to us pretty quickly! I would definitley recommend Mike to any couples looking for a photographer. By the looks of his website and facebook he's gotten even better!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Kim F

Michael did such an amazing job on our photos! The engagement pictures and the wedding photos came out so beautiful! Michael was very responsive and professional. He made sure that he understood what we were hoping to get out of the pictures and he definitely delivered. We were... Read More nervous at the engagement session because we had never really taken professional pictures, but he made us feel totally comfortable and ended up getting gorgeous pictures. Our save the dates were perfect! On our wedding day, he was amazing. There are SO MANY great shots, I'm not sure how he was able to be in so many places at once! He captured the day so perfectly, we are so happy with pictures. We can't wait to blow a few up and hang them in our home. Michael went above and beyond and really exceeded our expectations. If you want a great photographer and beautiful photos, go with Michael Orzell Photography!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Samantha G

Michael is a great photographer and it was great working with him! We had our engagement session at the end of December and had a very enjoyable experience working with him the day of and leading up to the shoot. He was flexible when we switched locations and when the weather... Read More didn't cooperate on the day that we had originally scheduled. To top it all of, the pictures we received are absolutely gorgeous! Michael did an equally amazing job photographing our wedding. He and his assistant were attentive throughout the day and made sure to photograph all of the important moments plus many candids of all of our guests. He did a wonderful job capturing the emotions of the day too. Choosing Michael to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Emily V

Michael was absolutely amazing!! When we first met with him, we chatted for a couple hours. We felt so comfortable with him like we had known him for years. He had such great ideas of what to do to make our photos unique. We had already done an engagement session in another... Read More state and were concerned that we wouldn't get to practice with him beforehand but now that we've seen the pictures there was no reason to worry! He managed to capture every moment perfectly! He went above and beyond to help out on our special day! I would absolutely recommend him for anyone! His price was comparable to other photographers in the area, and was a true pleasure to work with! Absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Darcy T

We were very happy with our photos from Mike! My goal was to have at least a handful of truly stunning keepers, but we ended up with many! He sent through 600 photos only about 2 months after the wedding and I ended up "favoriting" 300 haha. Plus at the time he was much more... Read More reasonably priced than other photographers we looked at, although I think he has since raised his prices. I think Mike's greatest strength is really the candid shots and letting you experience the day without an obtrusive photographer getting in the way. If you are a bride who wants perfectly posed photography and/or more of a "take charge" photographer then Mike probably isn't for you. He was a little quiet but it worked for us as we had a list of the shots we wanted to guide him, us and the group. He is very professional, cares a lot about his work, and very prompt and courteous in his communication.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 David

After meeting with several wedding photographers we decided to book Michael since we were impressed with his portfolio, an apparent ability for taking un-posed pics (candids), and a very reasonable price. On the day of the event he confirmed for us that we made a GREAT choice... Read More by choosing him. As most people can attest, it is a nerve-wracking day since you are hoping that everything comes together. Michael is very calm and easy-going person which really helps with the stress of the day. We started our day with a pre-wedding photo-shot, which began with us getting dressed and enjoying time with our wedding party, family and close friends. We then went to a few locations, which included us taking a “first look” photo which came out awesome. Michael has such great talent with capturing great candid/un-posed shots. So many amazing pictures were provided to us!! One of our best shots of the day was taken on a hill with a tiny bit of sunlight through the trees – absolutely breathtaking!! – it is posted to Michael’s Instagram account (as well as a few others). As we moved on to the wedding and the reception, I don’t even think I saw Michael for most of the night, and they say that is the sign of a good photographer – he caught so many candid pictures of us interacting with our guests. He also took some posed pictures with us and our guests, and ended up staying a little later than we thought he would. At the end of the night, we realized that he was the only vendor that we forgot to put together a payment envelope for – we both went over to him to apologize and told him we would overnight it to him the next day. He was not even phased which speaks again to his calm and easy-going nature. Again, Michael was an absolute pleasure to work with, and the pictures were amazing!! We would definitely recommend Michael to our friends and family members (and to those of you who take time to read this review as you look to plan your special day). Thank you Michael for capturing the special moments of our day!! David & Michelle - 8/14/15

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Brittany C

Hands down the best photographer we ever had the pleasure of working with! Michael was absolutely wonderful to work with. He made us feel comfortable, he is personable, and very pleasant to be around. He went above and beyond and I couldn't be happier with the work he did for... Read More us. We would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone. My husband and I plan to use him as our photographer in the future for any life events that should arise. He is really great at what he does!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Katey A

My husband and I worked with Micharl for our wedding, and he was truly wonderful! From the moment we contacted him, he was kind, professional, he listened to our ideas and he put our interests first. On the wedding day, he made us feel so relaxed and we had so much fun! I... Read More highly recommend Michael Orzell to photograph your wedding because he made ours very special, and we have beautiful photographs to remember the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Megan M

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Stephanie S

Michael was very professional from start to finish. He took all the pictures we wanted, and ones we asked for during the event, and added some of his own artist flare. We received our photos very quickly and they were beautiful! I would highly recommend Michael to photograph... Read More your next event!

Mike Orzell

Hi there, my name is Mike. I’m a photographer from CT who is happy to travel world-wide for your wedding. Helping couples relive the best moments of their lives is such a rewarding experience for me! I focus on documenting the details and emotions of your wedding day as they naturally unfold- preserving your memories forever. While I believe there is a place for posed photography, I make every effort to take advantage of candid moments allowing the most genuine emotions to shine through.