Documentary

Photo

San Francisco, CA (831) 332-5069

Excellent Service & Amazing Photos

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Carrie M

Michelle was wonderful to work with. She has a great eye and can make the most ordinary shot into something extraordinary. Working with her at our engagement session gave us all the opportunity to get comfortable with each other. She was a lot of fun to work with and listened... Read More to what we wanted. Leading up the day of the wedding, I was able to send her pictures of shots I liked from Pinterest. She then uploaded them and had them on hand for when she was taking pictures the day off. On the day of the wedding, I knew we were in great hands. She was able to capture the shots without us even noticing she was there. We have difficult family dynamics (all parents divorces) and she did a great job helping to juggle the situation and yet still get all the pictures we wanted. Overall, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND Michelle to any bride who is looking for a wedding photographer.

Can't Imagine A Better Wedding Vendor

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Jamie M

I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer than Michelle. The relationship that we had with Michelle was the longest lasting and closest relationship than any other relationship that we had with a wedding vendor. So my advice is to choose your wedding photographer wisely, not... Read More just for the quality of photos that they take but for their work ethic and personality. We weren’t planning on doing an engagement session, but it was included in our package. Michelle made us feel so comfortable – it actually just felt like we were hanging out with her for a few hours and that she just so happened to be taking pictures of us. And, when you get the photos, you’ll be confident that your wedding photos are going to be gorgeous. Throughout the wedding planning process, I sent Michelle numerous emails to get her advice on the timeline and what would photograph well. She was always very responsive and willing to help. Because my wedding site and reception site were in two locations, our wedding day was very long. My fiancé and I were having some difficulty getting the timeline short enough to have Michelle there for all of the big moments. When we talked to Michelle though, she was more than happy to accommodate, and we were able to work something out. Another example of how above and beyond Michelle went - our guitarist canceled just days before our wedding, and Michelle helped us search for a new one. Our wedding was this past August in Berkeley, CA. On the day of the wedding Michelle arrived on time and was ready to get started right away. We were running behind and she took some detail photos while she waited for us. Since we were running behind, the time for our "first look" photos was quite minimal, but Michelle did not seem rushed and she got some really great photos. At the ceremony site, we asked that Michelle take some group photos of our large families. There were a lot of people to gather and organize, but she handled it really well. Waiting for the wedding photos can make you so anxious, but Michelle does not make you wait. She put out a laptop at the reception to display some of the photos that were taken earlier that day - that was a really nice touch. Then, she posted some on Facebook and on her website later that night and through the week following. It was really fun to see the photos right away when we were still excited about the wedding. She didn't take long to edit the entire batch of photos - I think we received them within a couple of weeks. We even asked that she edit a mistake out of one of the photos of our cake and she did so without hesitation (and it looks flawless). Finally, the albums. We had one album included in our package. She did an amazing job on that album, and it seems like it will last at least a lifetime. We also asked that she make parent albums for us. Her prices are really reasonable, and they are much better quality than the albums that you can make yourself online (and you don't have to spend the time making them). I would not hesitate to recommend Michelle to my closes friends and family for their weddings and special events. I will definitely be hitting her up for future family photos.

Professional, friendly, and super easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Sally S

Michelle was the photographer for our wedding this past August and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Throughout the entire process, Michelle was beyond professional, responding promptly to all emails, always accommodating of our schedule, and making sure to show up early... Read More for photo sessions and scope out the scenes before my husband and I arrived. But perhaps more importantly, Michelle was also incredibly friendly and fun to work with at the same time. My husband and I are both generally low-key people and the idea of the spotlight on us was definitely a bit weird for us. Weird enough that we actually started off telling Michelle that we only wanted photos from the wedding and that we'd rather skip the engagement session because we had this fear that we'd end up being the subject of some painfully awkward and cheesy engagement photos (you know the ones I'm talking about). Luckily, she talked us out of that, as the engagement session definitely helped us to calm the nerves and get us used to cheesing for the camera. Anyway, what I'm trying to get to is that having a photographer that we felt comfortable with was very important to us and Michelle fit the bill perfectly. Whether intended or not, Michelle's got a very relaxed and calm way about her that put my husband and I at ease for our portrait shots (well about at ease as we could possibly be when being the subject of hundreds of non-stop photos :) ). And as for the candids, it might've been because I was focused on other things during the actual wedding, but I never really noticed Michelle in our faces or following us around too much at the wedding; she somehow managed to fly below the radar yet still capture all the candid moments from the day that I would've wanted. As for the photos themselves, I really can't claim to know anything about the technical aspects of photography, but I can confidently say that my husband and I loved how the photos turned out and we received many comments from friends and family who we shared our photos with that they were amazing. Seriously, if you are still reading this, you really should have no doubt that you are in good hands with Michelle.

Michelle is artistic, professional, personable, and one hell of a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Ashley B

We met with several photographers for our wedding and once we met Michelle we knew that our search was over! She was so personable and easy to communicate with. Also her prices were very reasonable for the SF/Bay area. Included in the package was an engagement shoot, which was... Read More great! It provided a way to really get to know each other and break the ice. We got those photos right away and we knew we were in good hands going into our special day. The day of the wedding Michelle just made me feel so comfortable. She was with me the entire morning and her assistant was with my husband. Michelle brought screenshots/pictures from fashion and bridal magazines which removed the awkwardness of trying to pose, and made for some GREAT shots. We felt famous! Michelle really has the talent to capture the moment of each and every shot. The photos came out amazing. Included was a wedding book she made with our engagement photos for guests to sign, taking one more thing of our to-do list! She was somehow able to be there for every special moment, but we never seemed to notice her. It didn’t feel invasive, or like we were being followed around. This was really nice because it allowed us to focus on enjoying the evening with our friends and family. Towards the end of the night (after offering to stay an extra hour!), Michelle passed out these little cards to each guest with our engagement photos, wedding site and password information on it. We thought that was so clever and also allowed each guest one free photo. All in all we loved working with Michelle, her photographs are beautiful, and we plan on using her again for life’s future important moments. We have already recommended her to some, and will continue to in the future. She is artistic, professional, personable, and one hell of a photographer! Thanks Michelle!

Great photographer choice!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Dominique R

Michelle has been a pleasure to work with as our photographer! We researched quite a few, but once we met with Michelle for a consultation, saw her work and all the great photos she captured at a recent wedding from beginning to end, we decided she was going to be our... Read More photographer! Our wedding is still a few months away and I'm so excited for our photographer choice and looking forward to all the great pics. Michelle listens to what we want and our vision and I'm confident she will capture our amazing day through her photography.For our engagement session, we wanted beach pics. in SF, but when we got to the beach, the weather was not behaving. Michelle continued to take us to a few other SF locations that day and shoot, but knew we just weren't happy with the weather. Michelle did a re-shoot of the engagement session for us on another day, at another location where the weather was more cooperative. We were so happy w/ the second engagement session and appreciative Michelle worked with us on the re-shoot. The pics. came out great and we are using one for our save the dates!

Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Erica B

Michelle did a beautiful job for our maternity photos. Although I was nervous about getting maternity shots done of my growing belly, she assured me they would turn out great---and they did!!! She was extremely helpful during the pre-planning stage, she was on-time, and easy to... Read More communicate with. Before the photo shoot, she helped brainstorm what type of photos we wanted, location, outfits, etc. During the photo shoot she put both me and my husband at ease and made us feel comfortable. She made the most of our time and was very efficient, yet patient. The pictures turned out beautiful- she caught the candid moments and captured little things I never thought of. She captured such a special time in our lives and we are so glad that she was able to capture the moments that we want to remember forever. She also provides the digital images on a DVD which was wonderful. I would highly recommend Michelle for whatever your photographic needs are, I know we will be using her in our future!

Couldn't have asked for any better!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Natalie F

After much searching and failed attempts at finding our perfect photographer, we found our photograher, MICHELLE DAMAS!! What immediately intrigued me to her is the quality and look of her work. It had a warm and eclectic look that I appreciated. The planning process with... Read More Michelle was a breeze! She was very professional in answering any and all e-mails I sent her. The in person meetings were also great because Michelle is a very detailed and organized. The day of our wedding Michelle and her team captured every detail of our wedding without being intrusive. They were so fun to work with as well which allowed us to have very unique and creative photos. With the fun craziness of weddings, Michelle was calm throughout which was essential for me to continue to enjoy every minute along the way! I would definitely recommend Michelle Damas and her team to others because of the quality of their work, the comfort level I felt with them and being able to have beautiful memories within our budget!!

Timely, creative and amazing work!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Yvette B

Michelle was referred through a co-worker of mine, so luckily I was able to see her work up close and personnel through one of her gorgeous photo books. My husband and I really put Michelle to work, during an 8 hour photo shoot during our wedding, she worked really closely with... Read More me ensuring timelines, places she needed to be, who NEEDED to be photographed and so forth. She really made me feel comfortable throughout it all, and the final result was amazing. I feel she captured everyone just as I envisioned, and used her creativity at every opportunity that arose. We had a large wedding party and after scouting them for feedback, one tip I would have would be to come prepared with seating ideas, couple arrangements etc. These shots can be very normal and boring, so come with a vision and suggestions. You cannot depend on the photographers to do everything. Michelle is excellent as doing candid shots, therefore this tip might be helpful especially when working with a HUGE (yes I said HUGE) wedding party.

Amazing !!! JUST AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Ashley M

Michelle and her staff were amazing! I am always a little nervous about working with someone that I don't know personally or that someone hasn't recommended to me. I took a chance with Michelle and was NOT disappointed!!! She was the ONLY vendor that I got off the knot... Read More website...others were from family and friends and personal recommendations. She was on time for every meeting, took time to scout out the ceremony site and picked out places to take first looks, bridal party shots and family portraits. I felt well cared for the entire time and that we were able to achieve all the shots that I wanted. My husband and I didn't feel rushed and actually had a ball taking an adventure around the shakespeare gardens in San Francisco California. I was shocked to see a slideshow playing of the pictures we had taken before the ceremony on a computer at our reception. WHAT!!! CRAZY GOOD! I thought that was very professional and sweet of her to do....I was already getting compliments during the reception about how beautiful the pictures were. Total brownie points in my book. Her and her staff would literally dance into a crowd to get a good shot; not disruption the flow of the party. I thought her professionalism was of the highest quality...then I got the pictures and was completely floored by the excellent quality. I work as an entertainer and actress in NYC and have pictures taken all the time for head shots and events. It takes a lot to impress and I"m a woman who knows what she wants. Michelle made my family look great, captured fun filled moments that I missed during the wedding, and made my husband and I look damn good!! Take my advice and book Michelle as your photographer. You won't be disappointed!! Ashley and Nathaniel Strock married June 9th 2012 Shakespeare Garden's San Francisco

Rad

Reviewed on 1/11/2012 Melissa E

Michelle did a great job for our wedding. She was very helpful during the pre-planning stage and very responsive to emails as well as punctual (which is awesome considering all the flakes out there!). She was recommended to us through a friend and it worked out great! Michelle... Read More did a great job with the post production of the pics. I have to say her prices are the best I found. We feel like we got our money's worth without paying "wedding" prices. She also provides the digital images on a DVD which was the most important thing for us when looking at photographers. I just hate it that someone YOU pay wont give you the digital images of YOUR wedding, or charges through the nose for them - lame! Michelle has a very artistic an modern style. The shots of our decor (which I did myself) look like a professional decorated our wedding, but it was really me! I would recommend Michelle for whatever your photographic needs are.

Intimate coverage for our cozy forest wedding

Reviewed on 1/07/2012 Sonya H

This last April, my husband and I had a small wedding in the redwoods. The event was intimate and casual, and Michelle was able to capture the ambiance, mood, and emotion of our special day. She was incredibly professional and she helped guide us in coordinating the various... Read More shots we wanted. I know I'm not very comfortable in front of the camera, but she made my husband and me feel at ease. The photos had a very organic quality and we were more than impressed with her work. I highly recommend Michelle and plan on using her services again.

Insightful and Creative Photographer

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Morgan J

Michelle did an amazing job on our wedding photos. She was thorough, timely, and creative in her approach. I was a long distance bride and she was easy to work with over email during the planning phase. We also had our wedding in an unconventional location and she captured the... Read More feel and zest of the venue fantastically. I think we shared the same vision for what I wanted out of my event photography which is really cool. During our wedding event things were a bit disorganized because our coordinator essentially "checked out" if you will, and this made gathering people for pictures quite difficult. I was worried that people weren't smiling or that the pictures weren't going to turn out the best, but they did and she captured all of the right moments and sentiments despite the delays and difficulties. We had a tea ceremony and a choreographed tango dance that we wanted captured thoroughly. Her photography of these elements exceeded our expectations and I have never once regretted not hiring a videographer. She has an eye for beautiful poses and for capturing the feeling of the moments we shared on the dance floor and in the tea ceremony. Later, when we had a sound issue and the dance floor was a bit lame because of this, she still captured moments that help us to look back on all of the fun people had and all of the wonderful moments at our wedding--the things that did work! She is a really excellent wedding photographer!