Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Chicago, IL (312) 988-9900

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 lilly s

Michelle and her team helped to organize our daughters wedding from start to finish. She has a dedicated staff who are passionate about doing the best for their clients. We worked with Michelle and Jill and they were always available anytime with any questions we had.... Read More Michelle has a knack of matching the right vendor with your taste and personality. Saved us a ton or time searching for vendors. She was able to tell us what was important to spend money on, and what was not to create that wow factor. All in all, the day was perfectly orchestrated and organized down to the littlest detail! Money well spent if you want peace of mind!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Darci D

There is seriously no better wedding planner than Michelle and her team. From the second I got engaged, I told my mom we need to work with her! I didn't even think about going to anyone else because Michelle is simply the best! Our wedding day wouldn't have been possible... Read More without all the help and ideas from Michelle. Throughout the entire planning process she kept us on track and provided us with the best advice to make our wedding day perfect. Her attention to detail, organization, and experience is what makes her so successful. She came into every meeting with such enthusiasm and excitement while still being extremely organized and professional. Her knowledge and expertise is unparalleled. She gives the best advise and I felt truly had our backs when it came to booking the vendors. In addition to helping us plan an over 500 person wedding, she and her team also made the day run so smoothly. They were there from morning till night making sure everything was getting done/happening when it was supposed to. My mom, my dad, and I could not have done this wedding without Michelle and her team. Thank you for everything you did to make our day run perfectly!!!!! Again, MDE you are the best!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Julie L

I don’t even know where to begin to explain how thankful we are that we hired Michelle and Jill from MDE for our wedding! These girls went above and beyond to help make our wedding the most amazing day of our lives! I interviewed several other planning companies, but knew right... Read More away that I wanted to work with Michelle and her team. She was extremely professional, yet very personal and we connected right away. When Michelle first showed me an example of the timeline that they put together for their clients wedding days, I was very impressed but was not aware of how much time and energy it took to put together until we started on ours. These girls had the day planned out, down to every minute. I have great respect for people that pay that much attention to detail and are that organized. Michelle and Jill were always readily available to help me with any and all wedding tasks! Their well-informed opinions on vendors and many other things were extremely valuable in helping to plan our wedding. The experience the girls at MDE have gained over the years planning events in Chicago made me very confident in what they were suggesting to me. They know pretty much every vendor in the city and have worked with them one way or another so they knew exactly who I needed to hire to make our wedding day everything we imagined. While we had a few issues arise the day of our wedding due to weather, Michelle and her team handled them very professionally and none of our guests even knew that anything happened, and neither did we, until after the reception! These girls put us completely at ease the entire day. This was a gift in itself because we were able to completely enjoy our wedding day from the minute we woke up to the minute we left the reception. They were hands down the best investment we made for our wedding! I wish we could do it all over again every weekend! =) Thank you so much for everything MDE! You girls are rockstars!

These ladies are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Kyla H

Michelle Durpetti events helped with my wedding a few weeks ago and we could not have been happier with them! Michelle and Sterling made us feel so much more at ease and allowed the whole wedding party to enjoy the day in it's entirety. These ladies were beyond professional... Read More yet completely down to earth and personable. Our entire wedding party raved about them. We could not be more thankful for all their help and we would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Our wedding with Michelle Dupretti Events

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Stefanie P

We worked with Michelle Dupretti events for our wedding and they did such a great job! The sense of reassurance they provided helped us relax and enjoy our day so much more. They took away lots of stress because there was so much that they took care of so we didn't even have to... Read More think about. They were in contact with all our vendors and made sure everybody was on the same page with the extremely detailed timeline they created for our day. They made sure that our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be was brought to life. Highly recommended, they were truly a pleasure and a joy to work with!

Best Wedding Planners Ever

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

I cannot say how wonderful MDE was in helping myself and my daughter plan her July 4th wedding this summer! From providing us with vendors to helping with every detail the day of the wedding, they made this process so easy and effortless on our part. I cannot thank them enough... Read More for their hard work and expertise in making the wedding day be the day of my daughter's dreams. Everyone should use a wedding planner and MDE is the best!!

Best of the best!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Raffaella m

The ladies at MDE were an absolute pleasure to work with and I am so glad they were referred to us! They were quick to respond to emails at any time of day and had great suggestions on any last minute details we needed worked out. They are VERY organized and made us feel so... Read More comfortable going into the day of the wedding because we knew they had everything handled. The day went off without a hitch and everything was perfect! All our vendors were amazed by them and told us they had never worked with planners as kind, organized, and efficient as they were. Thank you Michelle, Sterling, and Emily!!!

Amazing Team of Ladies who are truly passionate about Wedding Planning!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Lisa S

Michelle Durpetti Events is made up of an amazing team of ladies who are organized and passionate about wedding planning! From the first meeting, MDE made me feel relaxed about wedding planning, something which extremely overwhelmed me in today’s age of Facebook and Pinterest.... Read More Right away, I knew I was in good hands. With many connections and relationships with other vendors in the wedding and entertaining world, they were able to support me through the process to find the best of the best vendors to be there on my special day! Michelle is easy to talk to and is truly looking out for your best interest and creating the exact vision you want for your wedding! She was fully prepared the day of my wedding with her emergency kit filled with anything and everything a bride (bridesmaid, groom, groomsmen or guest!) could ever need in a last minute situation! She made sure we were taken care of and my focus was on marrying the man of my dreams, not if the placecards made it to the reception space ok! Another member of MDE, Emily, is a the sweetest person to work with and her organizational and management skills are impeccable. Since my mom doesn’t live in the city, it was a breeze to get things done via email and telephone. Emails were detailed, but not too wordy where one would get lost. Emily was also extremely flexible when planning meetings to make sure it fit everyone’s schedule comfortably. She was on top of our timeline and constantly sending reminders on what should be done and what we should start thinking about – something easily forgotten in the hustle and bustle of everyday life! Our MDE staff the weekend of our wedding made sure everything went off without a glitch – and it did!!!! Because of these ladies fabulous talents of organization, decision making, and planning, my groom, my parents, and myself were able to fully enjoy the entire weekend!! I can’t thank them enough for giving me the best present of all, calmness on my wedding day!! Thank you Michelle, Emily and Sterling – you girls ROCK!!!

A LOVELY DAY & THE PERFECT WEDDING

Reviewed on 6/24/2014

May 10, 2014 Once you’ve picked the date for your wedding and the planning begins, you realize there are a lot of decisions to be made and the process can easily become very overwhelming. Hiring MDE was hands down the best decision made. They kept us organized and on track... Read More not overlooking a single detail. A month before the wedding they contacted all of our vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page; completely taking ALL the worry away. The day of the wedding, everything was executed to perfection. They oversaw all of the vendors, made sure things were perfect at the church and made our visions a reality at the reception. Michelle Durpetti Events came highly recommended to us with a reputation for excellence and now we know why they are regarded as the best in their business. They are true professionals and the greatest group to work with. Sterling, Emily and Michelle, thank you so very much; you girls are truly the best and we couldn’t have done it without you. Mother of the bride, Linda Sanzeri

Incredibly organized!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Natalie P

I really can't say enough about how amazing Emily and Sterling from MDE were!!! They really made the last few weeks, and especially the day of, completely perfect! I didn't have to worry about a thing!! Emily is very professional and seriously organized!!! She thought of... Read More everything!!! Totally recommend them! Worth the money and then some!!

Highly Organized

Reviewed on 3/18/2014

I was initially introduced to MDE through my best friend who had used them for her wedding in May, 2012. I liked Michelle and her team so much that when we started wedding planning I knew exactly who I wanted to work with. We worked with MDE for over a 1 1/2 years - during that... Read More time they always remained available for questions and always made us feel like a priority. MDE excels at: -Vendor recommendations. MDE is cool & hip and so are the vendors they work with. -Customer service -And most importantly, acting as a buffer for family dynamics (i.e. making your Mom or your future mother-in-law happy) Their priority is the bride/groom and ensuring your vision becomes a reality.

disappointing

Reviewed on 1/01/2014 greer s

I intially had planned to use them for my event. They really caused more headache and problems than anything else the entire year planning for my wedding. They made many mistakes in communication with vendors such as the grooms last name and the date of the wedding- pretty... Read More big details. I never felt comfortable handing the reigns of the wedding we planned over to them. After the mistakes, they had apologized and promised we would work to make the relationship better and yet there was another mistake again. With three weeks to go we were told that they were no longer able to do the event. This left us in quite a bad situation. The other vendors we used had great recommendations for us and it ended up being a huge blessing in disguise. the mother of the bride and my groom also wrote reviews but they were taken down..hopefully some of you can see this before it may be removed as well.

2014-01-02T21:28:05 Response from the vendor

Hello Greer, thanks so much for the feedback. Unfortunately in this industry it is an all too frequent reality that some clients aren't the right fit for some planners, and after our discussion in our meeting that initiated your 6 week out "month-of contract" it... Read Less Read More

Best Wedding Planners!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Samantha M

MDE is amazing! They were with us every step of the way making sure that we were on track to have everything completed by our big day. Michelle, Sterling and Emily worked as a team and were included on everything from day one. From recommendations for vendors to emotional... Read More support when things were overwhelming, they were there. Our big day was so special and went off exactly as we had imagined it. Everything was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better team to make it happen. We highly recommend MDE for your wedding or event planning!

These Ladies are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Erin F

If you are looking for a wedding planner in Chicago - look no further! My husband and I worked with MDE for our wedding last November and they completely exceeded our expectations of a "day-of" wedding coordinator. From day one, they were there to offer us incredible advice and... Read More vendor recommendations. Michelle even offered to speak with my father, who was insisting that we do a receiving line, when I did not think that it would work! One month prior to the wedding, they completely took over - managing all communication with our vendors, ensuring we had thought of EVERYTHING, and creating the most amazing minute-by-minute timeline that I have ever seen! My mother and I had put together a lot of little details and personal touches for the day of and MDE executed them exactly as we had envisioned. Being the perfectionist that I am, I expected to be stressed leading up to the wedding and on the day of... instead, my friends and family could not stop commenting on how calm and relaxed I was. This is how every bride should feel on their wedding day and was totally thanks to MDE! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michelle and her team. Not only did they make sure that our wedding day went smooth as can be, but they were also such fun to work with! Thank you for everything MDE!

Best Wedding Planner!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

When I began my wedding planning, I decided I needed a wedding planner ASAP! After meeting with several wedding planners in Chicago, we went with our gut feeling the MDE team! Which was the best decision we could've made! They were more then experienced and had so much knowledge... Read More on different vendors and ideas to create the perfect wedding I always dreamed of! They were very responsive throughout the entire process, which is a key factor! Every bride wants great communication with their wedding planner to make sure everything goes perfect! Bottom line, we trusted the MDE team, we knew if something wasn't going to be right that the MDE team would be there to fix the problem! Very satisfying feeling as a bride since you have a million other things on your plate! Our wedding day was a very magical day, everything went very smoothly thanks to the MDE team! We couldn't have worked with a better team!!! :) So if you recently got engaged, I highly recommend meeting with the MDE team to help you plan your special day!!!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kate C

To put it simply, our wedding day was incredible from start to finish because of Michelle, Emily and Sterling. They worked with my husband and I to truly understand what we wanted for our day, and they worked with our mothers to keep them happy and stress-free. They thought of... Read More every detail and made sure we were on track with deadlines, which was no easy task given I am always behind on my to-do list! Best of all, they did everything with sincerity and a sense of humor. I actually miss talking to them now that my wedding is over! I recommend MDE to all couples planning a wedding. Aside from deciding to spend the rest of our lives together, hiring MDE was the best decision my husband and I made regarding our wedding.

Want to have the perfect wedding day? Hire MDE

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Julianne P

We hired Michelle Durpetti Events for month-of coordination for our September 2013 wedding and consider it to be the single most important investment we made towards our beautiful wedding day. While we decided to use MDE for month-of management, they were always available to us... Read More via email throughout our 11 month engagement. We worked primarily with Emily Weinstein, but both Michelle Durpetti and Sterling Berry were tremendously helpful as we planned our semi-destination wedding two hours away from Chicago. Emily's attention to detail, prompt correspondence, expertise, and professionalism is unparalleled. There were also times where I thought I could take on too many DIY projects and Emily gently guided me out of ideas that she knew would take away from my vision for a stress-free, relaxed wedding day. I was able to truly enjoy the morning and afternoon of my wedding day getting ready with my bridal party and family members, without ever once having to deal with the logistical details of the day (vendor load-ins, set up, etc.) MDE not only executed the creative details I spent the past 11 months planning, but also the entire course of the day which was captured in a precise 10-page timeline. My husband, our families, and I are so grateful for the ladies of MDE and especially Emily for helping us to have such a beautiful, absolutely perfect wedding day. Hire these ladies now, you will not regret it!

Grooms perspective

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Greg N

As the groom, the most important part leading up to the wedding was reducing stress on the bride and the moms. Michelle, Emily and Sterling were awesome making sure everything was taken care of and the moms each had their quirky requests fulfilled. They didn't miss a single... Read More detail and were quick to reassure us when we did have last minute concerns. We were glad to have someone take charge as they did. I would highly recommend using Michelle & Co.

The Best of the Best. Period.

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Jenny L

I was referred to Michelle Durpetti Events by one of their former clients. I have to say, booking them was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. My fiance (now husband!) Rob and I decided that the best package for us was the "six weeks out" package. Michelle and... Read More Emily were so helpful even before our package started, and never hesitated to once answer any questions, refer any vendors or give me their honest opinion. Emily Weinstein was our main point of contact and our planner on our wedding day. Fast forwarding to six weeks out from our wedding, Emily fully took over. She was on every email, chiming in, and really became the point of contact for our vendors. She assembled a timeline that almost took my breath away! Emily thought of every single detail, from vendor load in's, to how long the wedding party was at every location, to when our guests get served a welcome drink, all down to the minute. I truly believe that little timeline is a part of how flawless our wedding went. I was able to just sit back, relax, and be able to enjoy all of my wedding moments. On the topic of flawless, our wedding was just that. To me, absolutely nothing seemed to go wrong, and that's how it should be! Emily truly made us feel like guests at our own wedding. I never had to worry about something not happening, because it had already been taken care of. I don't think I left the dance floor once! Bottom line, Emily, Michelle and Sterling truly made our wedding. It was the best money we spent during the whole process. I am so excited to continue such a positive relationship with them and help other brides understand that if they hire MDE, they too will have the wedding of their dreams!

Stress-free wedding brought to us by MDE!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 kimberly m

We were getting frantic with the details as our big day approached.. then we hired MDE and suddenly felt like normal/sane people again. With everything that we had going on, I can not imagine what our wedding would have been like without MDE at the wheel. They were so organized,... Read More we were able to float through our day without any stress or panic. Worth every penny!

Living in the Moment...

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Christa E

As we celebrate our 1st Anniversary my husband Scott and I have done a lot of reflection about the hectic and enjoyable past year, as well as the incredibly special celebration we had on our wedding day last September. One of the things that still stands out the most to us a... Read More year later is how Michelle Durpetti Events made our special day so wonderful! Scott and I did a lot of our vendor selection before discussing the necessity of bringing on a "day of" coordinator. We felt as though we actually had a good handle on several of the big decisions and the idea of having a full planner was not something we thought about until we met with MDE. MDE came highly recommended to us by several vendors we had already selected and Scott said he could literally feel the weight lifting off my shoulders as Michelle spoke of the many services she and her team were able to provide. While we had some of the bigger decisions checked off our list, there were so many details we still had to work through and given our extremely busy schedules and demanding careers it was weighing on us quite heavily. Needless to say, our "day of" coordinator interview quickly turned into Michelle (and her team led by Emily) becoming our planner. It was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process! Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, they truly brought our vision to life while coordinating all of the activities and every little detail of our day. Emily took a huge role in managing the agenda for our day, coordinating all of our vendors, getting the wedding party to where they needed to be and on time, etc. Michelle and Sterling were there by my side throughout the entire day to make sure everything was taken care of. I was able to be in the moment and not stress over trouble-shooting issues or worrying about something being out of place. Even those closest to me were pleasantly surprised about how calm and relaxed I was throughout the day - this was a true testament to how little stress I had to deal with due to MDE being on top of everything (even coordinating a butterfly release with Scott as a surprise for me after the ceremony)! We strongly recommend MDE for any bride and groom! They made our vision a reality and allowed us to live in the moment of our magical day!

Fantastic Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Abby G

Emily Weinstein of Michelle Durpetti Event served as the wedding coordinator for my August 2013 wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride. After interviewing several wedding coordinators, I was instantly drawn to MDE based on their level of professionalism and... Read More attention to detail. After receiving a copy of the standard “day of checklist” (~10 pages), I knew that I would be in good hands. In the months leading up to the wedding, Emily was able to provide a number of vendor recommendations and advice on a variety of topics. She never made me feel like I was bothering her and always responded to my emails incredibly promptly. 6 weeks before the wedding, Emily began to take over the day-to-day coordination with the various vendors. Instead of me having to coordinate with numerous parties, Emily would send me organized and concise emails with questions and comments that she would then share with the appropriate parties. Emily got along seamlessly with all my vendors, and was the appropriate amount of stern and polite with those who less than cooperative. During the rehearsal, Emily managed our large and unruly wedding party and we received several positive comments about how nice she was throughout the entire process. And on the day of our wedding, I did not have to worry about a thing as Emily and her team had everything covered. Thank you MDE for making my wedding day perfect!

Best money we spent on the wedding.

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Laura N

My husband and I agree -- MDE was the most important vendor we hired for our wedding. My husband and I started the wedding planning process without a planner, but soon realized that we were in over our heads. MDE had us hooked after showing us a sample wedding day timeline... Read More prepared for one of their former clients. From that timeline alone, it was immediately apparent that MDE was thorough, organized, and possessed a wealth of knowledge about how to execute all of the wedding day details. After hiring MDE, they exceeded our already-high expectations. MDE quickly responded to every e-mail (usually within minutes), provided amazing vendor recommendations, and kept us on track and up to date with all of the developments throughout the planning process. If we had a wedding-related question or issue, all we had to do was send an e-mail to MDE, and we could rest assured that they would find us the answer or solution we needed. Finally, during the month before our wedding, MDE took over all vendor communications. This made the last month of wedding planning much, much easier to handle. We only needed to manage our e-mail exchanges with MDE, instead of with ten different wedding vendors. I can only imagine how much time and stress we saved by hiring MDE. When the big day arrived, my husband and I truly felt like guests at our own wedding. Throughout the day, MDE demonstrated their amazing talent of being constantly available to us, yet discreet and behind-the-scenes. Every part of the day flowed smoothly, and I felt totally at ease with MDE behind the wheel. The wedding was beautiful and fun and better than we could have ever hoped. Their coordination and execution helped make the money spent on all the other vendors completely worth it. To summarize, we can't say enough good things about MDE. We are eager to recommend them to anyone needing a planner for any type of event, wedding or otherwise.

Amaze-balls. Simply the Best. Anywhere.

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Jamie V

How do I even begin to say how much I have fallen in LOVE with the MDE team? First of all, I was planning a destination wedding from about two hours away from the city of Chicago and found these lovely ladies. That's when our lives changed! Choosing MDE was the BEST MONEY... Read More SPENT when looking at our wedding budget. 100%!!! Wedding Planning: With only a few in person meetings due to inconvenience of being away and countless emails, phone calls, and texts, we were able to plan the wedding of our DREAMS. As a previous fashion major and my (now) husband an OCD planner, we thought we could handle most of the details. HOWEVER, the list of vendors that MDE has personal relationships by far exceeded my expectations. We all were constantly looking into new ideas and creating 'inspiration boards' putting all of it in perspective. They were able to be the mediators between all our wedding vendors and give us reminders when things needed to be done. They did almost all the work. AMEN. They say you should enjoy the whole experience and I DID. I was stress free and loving every minute. The wedding planners took care of it! Wedding Day: This was game day. MDE had created an minute-by-minute schedule detailing all the events of our wedding starting with the rehearsal down to the last dance. AMAZING! Everything was organized so nicely and everything ran FLAWLESSLY (or at least in my eyes-- MDE may have solved issues before even getting to me!) We had at least 2 girls with us including Michelle herself on our wedding day prepared to run the show. We obviously can't be in multiple places at once. That's where this team comes in. They were always a step ahead. Timing is EVERYTHING and they kept the flow going. A special moment that will always stay with us is when the only problem on the day happened-- which was when our Swarovski crystal wedding flutes (hand carried from Prague all the way through our European vacation and back to the USA mind you) had fallen and broken all over our sweetheart table. My heart just dropped. Michelle had seen this and had her OWN parents' spare wedding flutes brought over from her office immediately over to our wedding reception venue at the W Hotel Lakeshore for us to use... and KEEP! I have tears in my eyes thinking of it! Afterwards to Present: The girls on the MDE team have become such great friends! I always look forward to hearing from them and checking to see the new projects they take on and how beautifully the unfold. In the meantime, we have seen our wedding photos blogged, printed, and advertised with the help of the team (just a little perk of choosing this widely social team for our wedding). Although our wedding day has ended, it still lives on with the help of MDE! I CANNOT thank these girls enough. I highly recommend them as wedding planners. They are the best.

Amazing Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Marty M

We had the opportunity to work hand in hand with Emily from Michelle Dupretti Events and she was wonderful. One Night Band has played tons of weddings and has worked with many wedding planners, but we've never run across someone as organized, polite and hard working as Emily.... Read More She was an essential part of making the entire wedding a success! I would highly recommend Michelle Dupretti Events for any of your wedding planning needs - you can't go wrong with them!