South Florida's artistic photographer

Thanks for swinging by & welcome to Michelle VanTine Photography. I've had the joy of shooting weddings commercially since 2008 and have a love affair for creative work with beautiful vibrant colors and cool casual posing. We keep it fun & fresh, coming along side you as you celebrate the most wonderful day of your life and capturing it in an artistic way. I'd love to hear more about your big day and how I can serve you with amazing images.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Plantation, FL South Florida and beyond!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Kim A

This August, my husband and I ‘jumped the broom’ on a horse farm, about an hour outside of DC. We have so many amazing memories, thanks in part to Michelle who brought warmth, humour, and joy to our wedding day. Just to backtrack a little, I planned my wedding from abroad... Read More and found Michelle online, along with most of my vendors. Like you, we were looking for someone with a photojournalistic approach and from the start we could tell Michelle’s style would be perfect. But on top of that Michelle offers a bonus, she’s a genuinely enthusiastic, passionate and whole-hearted person to work with. From our first email exchange, Michelle was excited about my wedding concept (which was particularly comforting for a slightly overwhelmed, nervous overseas bride). Without hesitation, she encouraged and validated my ideas, even sending me links and info about where I could find great stuff. That enthusiasm carried over to our wedding day, which began with gray, rainy skies. The disappointing weather could’ve dampened our moods along with the grass, but Michelle helped keep our spirits high. She had already pinpointed gorgeous locations and we quickly hopped in her car and headed off into the wide sweeping fields. My favorite moment was when she fished out a jar of organic almonds and started up a hill, coaxing the horses over (they loved her too by the way). How prepared is that?? Her excitement was infectious and before I knew it, I was paying no attention to the lightly falling rain and having a fantastic time. Even though the sky cleared and the sun made its entrance right before our ceremony began, we were already feeling great thanks to supportive friends, family, and Michelle. And the pictures have to be incredible...Michelle remained committed to capturing her aesthetic, even climbing on the manor roof to get a shot of us with a mountain backdrop! And on top of all that, she set up a fantastic DIY photo booth which was a guest favourite. We were so grateful, thanks Michelle!

Michelle VanTine Photography

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Justine C

Pablo from Michelle VanTine Photography photographed our wedding and our engagement pictures. He is a friendly, fun, and super talented photographer. We first fell in love with Michelle's style last year, but found out that she was already book for our date, BUT she sent us... Read More pictures of Pablo's work and we were sold. Our engagement pictures were so unique and beautiful, our friends and family loved them. We had such a fun time taking pictures on our wedding day many thanks to Pablo and his assistant Jay (who is also amazing) for making our day so great. You will love your pictures and you will love all of the people who work for this amazing artistic photography company.

Michelle Van Tine Photography

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 M J

Run, go book Michelle Van Tine Photography today! Simply put, Michelle and her team are awesome! Michelle Van Tine and Pablo de Loy shot our wedding and the photos are so artistic and special- not your typical wedding photographs. Michelle and Pablo were fun, funny, creative,... Read More and easy to work with. They captured our emotions and the spirit of the wedding perfectly. The photographers didn't give us very much direction but rather captured unplanned and unexpected moments that resulted in stunning images. Michelle spends a lot of time and effort in selecting and editing the photos and layout of your wedding album and the results are amazing! Thanks again Michelle and Pablo, for capturing our special day!

The BEST Wedding Decision!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Catherine N

We used Michelle Vantine Photography for our engagement session and for our wedding day, and I'm very pleased to say that our choice to use Michelle and her team was one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning. Pablo, our lead photographer for both days, was... Read More creative, easy-going, funny, and SO nice. Rebekah, who accompanied Pablo on the wedding day, was equally wonderful, and she helped put me at ease leading up to the ceremony. The two of them were great about getting all of the shots we wanted, and many that we didn't know we wanted! Michelle, the company's namesake, handled all of the back end work. She was patient and responsive, and when it came time to edit, she was amazing! I can't stop looking at our photos. And she was fast--our wedding was in mid-August and we received the photos by early October. Along with the photos, we also received a gorgeous wedding album. Michelle chose all of the images, and we couldn't have chosen any better ourselves. I'm so happy that we used Michelle and her awesome team!

Going the extra mile

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Michelle's photography is perfect. But what totally sets her apart from other wedding photographers is the imaginative uniqueness of her photos that are so different for each wedding she shoots. We were 100% satisfied, over-the-top satisfied, with the photography she did for... Read More our daughter's wedding. When I look at the photographs for the other weddings she has done before and since is when I am truly in awe of her great timeless artistic ability. Everyone wants their wedding to be extra special and Michelle's photography is truly extra special.

If You Want an Outstanding Photographer, Look No Further!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I am very impressed with Michelle Van Tine. She goes above and beyond to capture all the most special "big" moments in a wedding, as well as noticing the tiny, beautiful details at a wedding. Her shots are fun filled and creative, and she also captures those sweet, tender,... Read More intimate moments between the bride and groom, or between a mother and a daughter. She puts all the people in the bridal party at ease and makes it fun. Michelle is extremely hard working. She spends hours editing her shots, and putting together a gorgeous wedding album. I can't imagine a better photographer than Michelle Van TIne if you like fun, creativity, perfection, and sensitivity.

Amazing pictures take dedication

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Michelle was always on the go. She worked hard to find that special pose and capture that special moment. She was courteous, professional and stayed late to finish up. She would twist, climb, get down on the floor, whatever it took. I was not surprised to see the beautiful... Read More pictures Michelle took of my niece and nephew on their special day. Michelle hit it out of the park! Her pictures captured the romance, beautiful farm setting, and festive spirit of the guests. I would definitely recommend her.

Michelle put her heart into our photos, and captured our love

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Of all the decisions that go into planning a wedding, one of the most important to my wife and I was the photographer. We wanted lots of beautiful pictures of our wedding day, and Michelle fulfilled every dream. Her photos are stunning – vivid, romantic, and artistic. She... Read More captured the beauty of my amazing bride and our tremendous outdoor venue. More importantly, Michelle captured the emotions of the day. You can actually see the love and passion my wife and I share for one another when you look at Michelle’s pictures. The photos are modern yet classic. They’ll stand the test of time as we return to our album for years to come to remember our perfect day. Of course, the photos are just part of the reason we’re so grateful we picked Michelle. Also significant was how she made us feel throughout the process. From asking about our hopes before the big day, to making us feel at ease on our big day, to providing great customer service after our big day, we always felt that Michelle deeply cared. We could feel it in the way she treated us, and we can see it in her photos –- the photos we’ll cherish forever.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

FUN! That is the first word that comes to mind to describe Michelle and Pablo! Heart them both! We actually had another photographer booked for our big day but when we changed our wedding date, they were no longer available. When looking for another photographer, I came... Read More across Michelle VanTine and was instantly drawn to the artist feel of her photos. With also having a fine arts background, I had an appreciation for the composition of her photography. We were so excited that Michelle was available for our big day! We happened to get married on the hottest day in May (around 85 degrees), with a 60% chance of rain (humid). Not the best weather for photos outside!! Michelle and Pablo had to work quickly before it started to pour, but were still able to take great shots of the bridal party and my husband and I around Old Town. For the wedding (in a catholic church), the ceremony ran over and we were supposed to be out at a certain time. The church coordinator was trying to rush us out in the middle of photos, but Michelle was able to diffuse the situation and told me, "this is your day, we will get the photos you want in...don't worry." This meant a lot to me and thankful to her for that. We booked an engagement photo session with her as well. Turned out to be a really cold, wet day but Michelle made the most it! She came up with some really cute ideas, and worked quickly! What's great about Michelle is that she is willing to do anything for a great shot (standing in the middle of a street/directing traffic around us to get a nice cobblestone road shoot in the middle of Old Town Alexandria, or standing on some unstable rocks in the Potomac, or laying on the reception floor to get a great shot of my custom colored heels with the groomsmen matching socks). We absolutely love ALL our photos, from the engagement session to the big day. Her package (which was reasonably priced) included a photo book, which turned out so beautiful! Advice? Choose Michelle VanTine Photography!!!

Inn on farm in MA

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

The setting for the wedding was in an outdoors field on farmland surrounding an inn in Sturbridge, MA. The evening before the wedding, it poured. Michelle Van Tine quickly formulated a second plan with the family. Though she was prepared for plan B, fortunately everything... Read More dried out and we were treated to a gorgeous day. Michelle invested a lot of time in getting to know the families. She used this to capture great dynamics between members of the wedding party and guests. She seemed to know just where to be. The reception was in a long dimly lighted dining hall. Michelle made her way down the tables giving the guests recognition. Michelle is great at capturing non traditional poses. The quality of her photography is superior. I would definitely recommend her services.

Michelle VanTine Photography

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Michelle photographed our wedding and she did an AMAZING job!!! We were thrilled with how well she interacted with the bridal party and guests. She had unique poses and fun ideas for us to try, which played a part in making our day so memorable! She has the Perfect personality... Read More for the work she does and her passion for it shows. As soon as we received our wedding album, which we could hardly wait for, we were blown away! We LOVED it and it brought us right back to our special day! Memories came flooding back and when viewing the album we felt like we were right back in those moments. We are so thankful we have not only a flash drive of all our photos, but a personal book that we can pull out to show family, friends, and eventually our little ones! It truly is a special and unique gift to have. We could not have chosen a better photographer for our special day! Michelle was very thoughtful and made sure we had time for everything we wanted, but most of all she made it FUN!!

creative, artsy and fun

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Michelle's photos are truly amazing! She really captured the meaningful, romantic moments as well as the fun-loving, crazy ones! Her photos and her gorgeous album truly tell a story of a perfect day! I love the way she takes time to get to know the bride and groom, the... Read More attendants and even the families and truly captures who they are. Michelle isn't just an amazing photographer. Her photography is a work of art! We love her!

The Best of the Best

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Heather F

First of all, after reading some of the reviews, it's clear that the very few less than stellar reviews were made by complete bridezillas. Some people will just never be happy. Michelle was a dream to work with. I found her online and based on her work I knew immediately she was... Read More the photographer for me, I sent her an email to which I got a prompt reply. I don't see why you would need to meet in person with your photographer multiple times... in fact I never felt the need to meet at all. Her living in Florida was not a problem. I wouldn't have even known she lived there besides the fact that that's where I mailed the contract. I'm under the impression she lives both there and in the DC area. Although it's really none of my business lol. Come wedding day she was on time/early. I was a mess and she put me at ease. Her partner Elliot went to shoot the boys getting ready and she stayed with the girls. She was kind. She was funny. She was easy to talk to. I felt very comfortable around her. Which was good b/c I was literally getting dressed in front of her lol. Even though my anxiety was at an all time high and I'm almost positive I looked like a near-death rabbit, she still managed to get breathtaking photos of me. I had ten bridesmaids and my groom had ten groomsmen and her and Elliot were able to manage all of them beautifully. Somehow. Even though everyone had been drinking. Very impressive. I never noticed her and Elliot during the wedding and reception. Only one time I turned around and there she was and she took a great picture with some old friends which was perfect timing. They were never ever in the way but they still somehow always got the shots. I knew already that photos would take up to 10 weeks and I know summer is wedding busy season but Michelle leaked a few pics on instagram very quickly for us to see and share. She also created a beautiful blog post after a few weeks all about our wedding with an amazing montage of some of our photos set to music. It was perfect. The bulk of the photos along with wedding album were delivered to my home on time and she also sent me a dropbox link to share with friends. Michelle went above and beyond for me. Honestly I feel so blessed to have found her and to have been able to work with her. I would 110% recommend her and her team to everyone and anyone and actually I already have because my friends were so impressed with our wedding photos they've asked who our photographer was. :) If I were to do it all over again I would choose Michelle again and I would pay for extra time (we had a long reception :P) so that she could have stayed till the very end. Our wedding album is so beautiful. Picking the cover was a breeze (If you've ever used the internet you should be able to do it) and I chose a beautiful leather sage with woodland etching that matches our living room perfectly. Total coffee table material. :) Now the only hard part will be picking which pictures to get printed for frames b/c they're all so amazing. Seriously. More than I ever could have hoped for. Thank you Michelle!!!! xoxo

Couldn't find anyone better - Pick Michelle!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Michelle was AMAZING! Seriously - the photos were gorgeous, and she and Pablo made us feel so comfortable and natural. We had our wedding at the Comus Inn, and she did a fantastic job capturing the beauty of the landscape (right at the base of Sugarloaf Mountain). The photos... Read More were all so romantic, classical yet modern, and had intense color. She caught all of the emotion and excitement of the day - and even some fun stuff that my husband and I would have missed in all of the hub-bub, had she not been there and had such a keen eye! Her turn-around was great, and we've just had an all-around amazing experience. After going through the whole process of planning our wedding, my husband and I can reflect on it and say that having amazing pictures - our memories of that day, captured forever - was one of the most important decisions we made. We are so glad we went with Michelle.

Incredible!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Michelle and Pablo did our wedding this May. Not only were we blown away by the quality of their work in the albums and images, but just having them there for our day made it so much funner. They truly added to the experience with their personalities and generosity - and those... Read More great personal qualities do come through in the images. But most of all, I've truly never met a more responsive, conscientious, and professional vendor - in any industry - than Michelle. I've recommeded Michelle to friends several times - and will continue to!

The highlight of our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Rebecca M

Michelle VanTine is absolutely, without a doubt, the most amazing photographer! She shot our engagement photos and our wedding and I still cannot believe we were lucky enough to have her take the most important pictures of our lives! More importantly, however, is the... Read More stability she provided on such a hectic day. Her experience and her awesome personality kept me calm and I honestly felt like I was with one of my best friends. After the ceremony, I realized we left something there and without hesitation she got out of her car and ran back to get it for us! She's just an all-around sweetheart. All of my guests really enjoyed her presence as well as Pablo's, her associate. if you're lucky enough to have her as your photographer, I can guarantee that you will be as delighted as my husband and I are today!

Michelle is creative, kind and thoughtful

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 ashleah w

I saw Michelle work at a wedding this summer and she was fantastic in action. She was calming and accommodating with the bridal party, but still worked around them to get the shots she wanted pre-wedding. Her team was of the same work ethic and demeanor. Her shots of the entire... Read More day were spectacular, and I show them as an example of how to do things "right" for a wedding, from start to finish. Her response time is professional, and prompt. I tell everyone I can about her, and recommend her often.

Michelle is the best- hands down!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Meg D

Michelle is absolutely AMAZING! We recently had our engagement session with Michelle and it was the most fun we've ever had! She's so laid back and creative- she really has a great eye and a very creative mind. I don't think there was a time during our session where any of us... Read More stopped laughing, which made the entire experience THAT much more incredible. We got our engagement photos right when she promised AND they came in a gorgeous wooden USB drive! The photos were phenomenal- they captured the moment PERFECTLY. I have so many favorites. Michelle made sure our personalities came through. We are getting married March 2015 and Michelle is our photographer. Cannot WAIT to see how amazing our wedding photos will be!!! Michelle rocks- she's definitely our favorite vendor!

Michelle is awesome

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Nora D

Michelle was my brothers wedding photographer and as the sister in law in the wedding party, I spent a lot of time with her! She was fun, organized, and truly inspired and creative with her vision for their wedding and flexibility the whole day! Resourceful, open, sweet and a... Read More great positive force! Would recommend her and her team to anyone!

Awesome Experience!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lauren L

I used Michelle for my engagement and wedding pictures. She was very professional and a lot of fun to work with. At the engagement pictures she made me and my fiancé feel very comfortable and the pictures turned out great! We both looked very natural which was something I was... Read More concerned about. At the wedding Michelle took the time to make sure all of needs were met even when we didn't have a lot of time. Her shots were so unique. All of my wedding party loved her! She had recently learned how to do a complicated sparkler shot and was really excited about having us try it. So far that's my favorite shot from our wedding day! I loved her passion and enthusiasm! Michelle and Pablo were so much fun and I'll be recommending them to all of my friends!

Big disappointment. I do not recommend Michelle VanTine Photography.

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Laura H

I unfortunately have a lot to say about my experience, so I'll start with customer service. At first she will be very responsive, but as time goes on and your wedding gets closer, it will be much harder to get a response from her. She might set up a phone date to call you, but... Read More inevitably she will forget to call you or just plain call whenever it's convenient for her. She might call you from the car on the way to a shoot, but then she will forget everything you talked about because she couldn't write anything down. She will regularly lose e-mails from you and your planner. If she promised you a particular second shooter, don't expect to actually see them. She'll bring whoever she wants. When you get the contract, it will probably have typos on it. Important things, like the agreed upon price, will be wrong. The address where to send your payment will be listed incorrectly in at least one place. Also, she doesn't live in the DC area anymore - be aware. As far as the terms go, they are standard, but note that when she states photos will be ready in 8-10 weeks, she really means MUCH longer than that. Really we're talking more like 15 WEEKS - and that's only if you e-mail her and request your photos. Apparently it's ok for her to deliver the photos and album over 5 weeks late with no excuses, requests for patience, or contact whatsoever. No "I'm working hard to get it done." I actually started to wonder if I was ever going to see my photos. When you finally get your photos, your reaction will be one of frustration. There will be photos that are out of focus and clearly not usable for anything and you will be missing photos. Photos that you specifically requested will be missing because she forgot to bring the shot list that you spent an hour making with her to the wedding. You'll also get a beautiful album in the mail. It's got a nice cover and spine. If you're lucky, all the photos she chooses to put in the album will be photos that you like. But you get NO say in the photos that make it in the album. In my case, because she was running over 5 weeks behind, the album was thrown together with so little attention to detail that there is a giant photo of the wedding party with 2 peoples eyes closed. How she didn't notice this is beyond me. Any good photographer would do one of two things - either choose another shot (obviously! there are like 7!) or use photoshop to fix the blinking problem. But Michelle won't do that. She will say that she was "capturing a moment" (in a posed photo!?) and that she can't help when people blink. Ummm... Michelle has won photography awards because she can get one or two great shots. Hopefully you will get those. But you will also get a huge number of very mediocre shots. Hiring Michelle was the only vendor mistake that I made for my wedding. She was a huge disappointment and refused to make things right at the end. After being over 5 weeks late, and delivering an album with glaring errors, she said there was nothing that she could do. She flat out refused to reprint and fix my album and leave me with even one positive customer service experience. She told me that she ordered a special custom wood box to deliver my flash drive of photos as a special show of appreciation for my patience (which she never asked for). Well, that's a blatant lie. She does that for all her clients - enjoy your tiny wooden box. Find a photographer that will work with you. You have MANY other great options

2014-10-30T10:31:18 Response from the vendor

Laura- what a disappointing and UNREALISTIC review. Let's add some honesty to this information above. I am pasting two emails you personally sent to me. I have screen shots with date and timestamps: Hi Michelle, Mark and I just got back from our honeymoon and... Read Less Read More

Michelle is the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jenn S

We hired Michelle for our May 2013 wedding, and we could not have been happier with the results! She is such a sweetheart and an all around pleasure to work with. She was super flexible and went along with our non-traditional wedding schedule without a moment's hesitation. AND... Read More she put everyone at ease with her big smile and fun-loving personality. Most importantly, Michelle is a true artist with incredible talent. We just received our album and CD of pictures... and WOW! I can't wait to put some of these amazing pics up on the wall. She captured our wedding perfectly. Thanks for everything, Michelle!

Michelle Vantine Photography

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Rachel B

We recently took engagement photos with Michelle (July) in a sunflower field in Maryland. We are also having Michelle shoot our wedding. She is one of the most wonderful, genuine people I have met! She is so personable and will make your photo experience unforgettable. My fiancé... Read More and I had so much fun at our shoot! He is laughing in photos, which I have never seen him do (doesn't like to smile in photos). It is awesome. She is the BEST. I couldn't have found a better photographer with whom to share our special day. Our engagement photos are all so delicious. I can't stop looking at them. :D

Michelle is my favorite person!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013

I am soooooo fortunate that Michelle is my photographer!!! Not only is she SUPER creative and amazingly talented, she listened to what I wanted and helped me find a way to make it happen! Michelle your the best and I love you so much!

Amazingly Creative and Talented

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jessica M

I knew from the moment I stumbled upon Michelle's website early in the planning process that she had to be my photographer. Her pictures are simply gorgeous. I would describe her style as creative, whimsical, and vibrant. Her prices were also very reasonable for the area.... Read More When we booked her services, I definitely did a little happy dance because I was so excited! We did an engagement session with Michelle a few months ago. She suggested many great locations, and came prepared with different fun ideas. Since my Fiance and I have never done a photo shoot before, we thought we'd feel awkward at first but Michelle instantly made us feel comfortable. The hour flew by and it was a lot of fun. Our pictures came out so incredibly beautiful. It was a cold day in April, yet she made it look as if it was a sunny summer afternoon. Our wedding is in a couple months and I can't wait to have her capture our special day! I know we will treasure her photos forever.

Michelle VanTine

Thanks for checking out my work. I've had the joy of being a commercial photographer since 2005. I was introduced to the art of photography in college, while getting my Art degree. I would spend long nights in the dark room developing prints the good old-fashioned way. My background in Fine Arts has brought a definitive influence to my work. My work is best known for it's artistic approach, injecting creativity, fun and beautiful color. Send me a note to share about your big day and what you're looking for in a photographer.