Amazing Independent DJ Services! Fun & Unobtrosive

Mike Blaufeld is a boutique DJ AND UPLIGHTING company that provides fun & unobtrusive DJ services. You will get a very personalized service from Mike as your DJ rather than getting lost in the shuffle with other entertainment companies that have multiple tier DJ's. DJ Mike represents himself and does not promote other DJ's. Since Mike is an INDEPENDENT DJ, there are no inflated agency commissions therefore DJ Mike is able to give you the best quality of service at the lowest price. His wireless LED UPLIGHTING option can turn an ordinary room into extraordinary and add that extra pop of color needed to make the room look amazing for your wedding day. Contact Mike today at [email protected]

Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Kensington, MD Serving MD, DC and VA (301) 452-3288

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kassi W

There's a reason DJ Mike has 5 stars--he is the best! I was looking for an independent DJ, I didn't want to go with a company and have someone randomly assigned to me. I knew from the first conversation that Mike was the perfect fit for the type of party I wanted. He was always... Read More responsive, and sat down with my fiance and I to plan out the timeline and go over the songs we wanted to hear. He did a great job of playing softer music for cocktail hour and dinner and then building up to dance music. There was never a moment where people were not dancing. He mixed in Unchained Melody, and it was so touching to see some of the older relatives dancing with their spouses like they were teenagers. Go with DJ Mike, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jeannie D

Hands down the BEST wedding DJ in the DMV. Our wedding venue, the Kimpton Morrison House, recommended him since he is familiar with the space and is so experienced. DJ Mike is the best wedding DJ out there and definitely worth every penny! He is very professional and takes pride... Read More in his trade. He made a detailed timeline and basically ran the event. Because DJ mike was organized and professional, I did not need to hire a separate wedding planner/coordinator. I had a small wedding with 55 guests and initially had a fear that my reception would be boring or that people would not dance. EVERYBODY danced.. the whole night. Ermahgawd- It was so much fun! We decided to get the uplighting for the ceremony and reception- it was totally worth the cost. The ceremony uplighting was soft natural light that set a classy ambiance without the need for any other pricey decorations. The uplighting for the dinner was also soft and natural (candlelight). Then once it was time for dancing, the lighting changed and it was like a night club the rest of the evening. So many of my guests said they loved the DJ and had so much fun dancing! We definitely created some unforgettable memories thanks to DJ Mike!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Maddie G

You have to book with Mike. I love him he is like a part of the family now, he did my moms wedding and he also did mine. I can't even express how helpful, kind and accommodating Mike is. I knew that if i had questions or was nervous or confused about something I could call him... Read More or email him day or night and he would get back to me ASAP with the answers and calming words. Mike took so much time to sit with us and make sure we were going to get everything that we wanted on our big day and he really delivered! The night ran smoothly thanks to him and the dance floor never died because he can really read the room and know what people want and what they will enjoy hearing and dancing to! Book him...seriously you will not regret it. I am also saying this as a truly harsh reviewer of most things.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Greg A

It was truly a pleasure working with Mike. We interviewed multiple DJs before we spoke with Mike and we immediately got a vibe from him that we really liked. In addition to liking his style as a DJ, we appreciated that he is willing to help with wedding planning as well. He gave... Read More us input on multiple iterations of our timeline and even offered to make it for us from scratch if we wanted. He’s also very organized and has a very helpful planning form that he helped us fill out. He gave us some great suggestions for our ceremony music and other key songs throughout the night since we didn’t really know where to start (first dance, cake cutting, etc). He was always very responsive to emails and was overall very easy to work with leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, he delivered just as he had described in our first meeting. The ceremony music was very good and we received multiple compliments about it. When the dance floor opened, he started with some oldies to get the older guests involved and smoothly worked his way up to newer music. He had really good transitions between songs and there was a good rhythm going from one song to the next. We’ve been to weddings where the combination of songs feels random and it definitely makes the dance floor lose energy. That was never the case with Mike as he kept the dance floor packed all night and was able to keep multiple generations happy throughout. He was really good at reading the crowd, and my parents said they really appreciated that he played music that they enjoyed dancing to. My wife and I really appreciated that he adhered to our do not play list even though I know some of my friends were trying hard to get him to play one song from it. We also appreciated that he did all the necessary announcements, but never got on the mic just for the sake of talking. Overall, we couldn’t be happier with our experience working with Mike. The main qualities we were looking for from our DJ was someone that was helpful with planning and that kept the dance floor crowded all night. He did an excellent job in both areas and we highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Liana L

I was referred to Mike by a friend who had gotten married and there is no doubt why he's so highly rated. From our initial contact to our wedding day, Mike was very responsive and gave us great input. Not only did he guide us through our timeline, he was there to guide us... Read More through our wedding day (along with our planner) by giving us a quick heads up for each step throughout. The day really does go fast but he helped us cover everything that was important to us. He helped with song selections and helped me find the perfect version of the song I used for my (bridal) processional. We are a couple in our 40s with older, mostly married guests and he really tailored everything to us and our guests. He suggested we do an Anniversary Dance and days later we were still hearing how much guests enjoyed it. Our guests also mentioned how easy he was to approach and took requests. If you are looking for a dedicated DJ you can't go wrong with Mike.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Lisa P

Mike was an amazing DJ for our 3-31-17 wedding!!! We couldn't have asked for anyone better because he was the BEST! He kept in touch with us throughout the entire process and helped my nerves by having a full timeline ready and was willing to help as much as possible on the big... Read More day. If you want an incredible DJ, hire Mike - you will NOT regret it!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Maureen H

Mike is fantastic. He was very responsive and easy to contact. He was in charge of the music at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and he did everything so well. On the day of the wedding, I actually found Mike to be a calming influence in the middle of a lot of... Read More insanity, and I am so grateful to him for that. He played both what we requested and what was perfect to get folks up and dancing at the reception without resorting to any "cheesy" songs. He even made sure to walk around and find both me and my husband when a song that we really wanted to slow dance to at the reception was about to come on. That is still one of our favorite memories of the night, and we could have missed if Mike wasn't so attentive! We also contracted with him for uplighting, and his suggestion on lighting color gave the room the effect we were looking for. He's a great talented guy who loves (and is good at) what he does. Book him!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Julie J

My fiancé and I booked Mike as the D.J. for our wedding this past July 16th. From the minute that we met with him in the summer of 2015, we knew that we'd made the perfect choice. Throughout our wedding planning, Mike was consistently the most organized and responsive of all of... Read More my vendors. No stone was left unturned in our pre-wedding meetings and he helped us to remember to discuss every possible detail related to our ceremony music, the reception timeline, and the reception music. On the day of the wedding itself, Mike arrived and set up early, was ready to consult with our officiant and our readers, and was in the right place at the right time throughout the entire event. (It helped tremendously that he'd worked with our officiant and photographers before!) A microphone was seamlessly available whenever it was needed and he worked perfectly with my day-of coordinator to make sure that the events of the evening transitioned smoothly. Last but certainly not least, Mike completely understood what we and our guests wanted in terms of music. He paid attention to what got people on the floor and was respectful of our Please Play and our Please Don't Play list. His expertise ensured that the evening was a complete success and a party to remember. I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Stephanie P

Mike is a fantastic DJ! He is extremely organized and professional. The dance floor never had a dull moment. I felt confident that everything would go smoothly from his experience, and it did. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Julie K

Mike was outstanding. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have had Mike at our wedding. We are pretty simple people and didn't want to over splurge on anything, but we knew that the the DJ can seriously make or break a wedding. After reading previous reviews and meeting... Read More with mike we felt confident in hiring him. We didn't know just how awesome he would make our wedding day. We have received countless comments on how awesome the day was with a great tribute to the DJ. Most of the night, literally everybody (4 years old to 85) were dancing on the floor. It was incredible. Not only did he help by being an incredible DJ, but he also helped to coordinate our day, came to a venue appointment with us to check out the space (which we felt was above and beyond anything we expected), and gave us great advice throughout planning. Thank you, Mike! You will forever hold a place in our hearts!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Brenna S

DJ Mike was worth every penny! We wanted a DJ that knows what they are doing and can read a crowd appropriately. He promised us he would keep the dance floor packed and he delivered! (We had a 5 hour reception and at no point was the dance floor empty). DJ Mike is very... Read More professional and really knows what he is doing. He kept the timeline of our reception in perfect check. The up lighting he provided at our venue and his sound system were great! Throughout all of our interactions with Mike he left us with no worries at all about what he would provide and that it would be great. He will take you through the entire reception timeline and make sure he understands what you want and how it should flow. He knows weddings well and can provide advice when you need it. We highly recommend Mike if you want to pick a DJ and not have to worry about what you will get!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Eleanor K

Mike was the glue that held our wedding together all night long! Mike was the best choice for us - he was so organized, super friendly, and on top of everything. I met with him several times and he was in constant communication with me regarding the wedding. The night of, Mike... Read More did not only act as our DJ, he helped us with any issues we had with our venue, the staff, and the timeline. He checked in with us several times throughout the night. We felt very well taken care of. Furthermore, Mike's music mix was perfection! He played all of the songs I had requested and added in many, many more that fit with our "vision!" I have never seen a wedding where every single guest was on the dance floor the entire evening. His professionalism, positive energy, and enthusiasm was the perfect choice for our wedding!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Kate W

Mike was the best DJ we could ask for. We met a few times and he was very accommodating since we lived in another state. He was very diligent to make sure he had all the detailed information he needed for our wedding. He is very friendly and great to work with. The music at the... Read More reception was perfect the whole night. The music choices were on par and the noise level was perfect-not too loud that no one could talk or hear what others were saying. I had quite a few guests say that ours was the only wedding where the dance floor was crowded the entire time.

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Adilene N

We were recommended DJ Mike's services through a friend who had recently gotten married herself. It was the perfect selection. The first thing Mike promised was that his skills at sound looping and feeling the crowd's energy would ensure that he kept the party going the entire... Read More evening. And he wasn't wrong - our guests could not stop talking about the show/party Mike put on! People never stopped dancing as Mike churned out and connected hit after hit. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud were on their feet bustin' a move. A close friend who only sort-of likes to dance would comment, "OK, I'll take a break after this song is over." And then the next song would start and my friend would be jumping up and down yelling, "THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!!" In short DJ Mike knows how to keep a crowd going. On top of that, Mike is just a super personable guy who respected every single song request we had while suggesting great numbers for any other moments we needed, including cake cutting and dinner music. He's extremely organized and worked well with our wedding planner, Susan Smith. He's responsive on email and phone and was willing to travel to see our venue. In short, Mike's value and pricing cannot be beat. He is worth every penny. Could not recommend him more - YOU MUST HIRE DJ MIKE.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Mike's reviews here are all true. He was awesome, very attentive and truly seemed to care about our wedding. When we first met with Mike, he told us he did this for a living and promised if we went with him he would make it a night to remember. He far surpassed our expectations.... Read More It was a killer dance party, Mike read the crowd perfectly. He checked on us several times throughout the day, but was never annoying about it. He handled last minute changes and minor incidents like a pro. I actually felt bad I wasn't able to high five him before my bride and I ran off to our limo. If you hire Mike as your DJ you will not be disappointed. I'm sad the party is over!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Rachael L

Mike was awesome and really fun to work with. My fiance and I met with him twice before the wedding and I spoke to him on the phone several times. He had great ideas and suggestions and actually seemed to enjoy the planning process as much as I did. He put together a timeline... Read More for us for the wedding day and then basically ran the show. I didn't have to worry for a second about the flow of events on the day of the wedding. He played great music that was fun to dance to and appropriate for the event. At the end of the wedding I was actually kind of sad to say good bye because he had been so great throughout the entire experience! I cannot say enough good things about Mike and his services and would highly highly HIGHLY recommend him!!!

We love DJ Mike

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Mike was so great to work with. Professional, prompt, engaging, and FUN (which was so important to us!) Mike did the music for our ceremony and reception as well as provided up-lighting. We provided all of our songs in advance and Mike was able to capture every song we... Read More requested. He was extremely responsive via email and phone and was willing to meet in person whenever we requested. During our wedding he kept the dance floor packed all night. He was able to transition songs without stopping which, in our opinion, kept people on the dance floor longer since there were no awkward pauses. Everyone at our reception commented on what a great DJ we booked, and we have to agree. As for the uplighting, the room looked amazing. Thanks for everything DJ Mike!!

DJ Mike Blaufeld

Reviewed on 8/27/2015

Mike was the DJ for our daughter's wedding on 22 Aug 2015. We have nothing but superlatives to say about Mike Blaufeld. Mike was professional, organized, prepared and a pleasure to work with. He accommodated our music requests up to the last minute. The wedding was a great... Read More party in large thanks to Mike's selection of music. Although we gave him the types of music we liked, he was able to expertly read the crowd and adapt to their likes. We didn't need tables or chairs, because everyone was on the dance floor all night. If anything, we needed a larger dance floor, all thanks to Mike and his expert selection of music. We would highly recommend Mike to anyone looking for a DJ. Parents of the Bride.

DJ - Wedding 08/01/15

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

We contracted with Mike Blaufeld for our daughter's wedding several months before the wedding date. Mike was the most professional vendor we contracted for the wedding reception. We chose Mike because he is an independent DJ, and he was on the preferred vendor list for our... Read More wedding reception venue. Mike answered many questions we had during our phone interview. He responds quickly to email. The bride and groom met with Mike a couple of times before the wedding and they had very favorable reviews after meeting with him. Our day-of coordinator the day of the wedding raved about Mike and how easy he is to work with. We highly recommend Mike Blaufeld as a DJ for a wedding or any event. 5 Stars + !!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

We were struck when we first were looking for a DJ by how many positive reviews Mike has on so many wedding websites. Those reviews are well deserved! Mike is such a professional. When you talk to him, he clearly takes so much pride in his work. We are convinced that nobody will... Read More work harder to make your wedding special and FUN. One thing that Mike prides himself on is being able to "read the room" when it's time to dance. While we did have specific songs we wanted for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and first dance, we completely trusted him to choose the music to get our guests out on the dance floor and keep them there. He absolutely delivered. Guests who were usually reluctant to dance at all ended up dancing the entire night. Our advice is that if you hire Mike (which you definitely should), trust him to know what music to play when it is time to dance. You will not be disappointed.

Fantastic DJ, Easy to Work with!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jessica B

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed working with Mike. From the first time we spoke at my consultation call he made me feel at ease and that using him for our wedding was the right choice. He was very personable yet professional. He is so responsive and answered any and all... Read More of my questions within hours of me firing off an email. He went above and beyond by helping me with my wedding day timeline. Most importantly he did a great job at our wedding! I had guests telling me that they loved his music selection and by the amount of people on the dance floor, knew they were enjoying themselves. If you are looking for a DJ who will go above and beyond for you Mike is your guy!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jessica B

The PERFECT Wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

Mike was an amazing DJ. His communication was unlike any vendor I've worked with - always prompt with responses and provided lots of great detail and always answered my questions. At the wedding, he was early and looked professional. The sound was perfect - our guests could hear... Read More everything during the ceremony, and during the reception, the music wasn't too loud, which sadly I've experienced at a few weddings. The music was GREAT. The mixes were really fun, and the music was upbeat when it needed to be, and slower when our guests needed a break. The music really "made" the evening, and we would recommend Mike to anyone looking for an awesome DJ for their event!

Fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2015 Helen S

From our first phone conversation with Mike, we were confident that he would be perfect as our DJ. That feeling only got stronger when we met him in person! He understood what we wanted and what we didn’t want. He asked questions about details we hadn’t thought of and developed... Read More a perfect timeline. The other vendors at our reception all mentioned how great it was to work with him. Most importantly, the music was fantastic and the dance floor was never empty. It is obvious that Mike knows all types of music and he was masterful at using different types at different times (cocktail hour, dinner hour, early dancing, late night dancing). Our family and friends danced until the very last song and they all raved about what an amazing DJ Mike was. He is an expert at reading the crowd and keeping them dancing! We wanted a dance party and that is exactly what Mike gave us! We will absolutely hire Mike again if we have another celebration that calls for a DJ! Gary and Helen Wolfe

Excellent music from ceremony through reception!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Set Irene V

Short story: In a venue broken up by different rooms (a mansion), a crowd of very different cultures, a wide span of ages, and musical tastes- Mike had everyone dancing all night!! Mike was a pleasure to work with from our very first consultation. My husband and I didn't have... Read More the largest budget to work with but after having been to several weddings with sub-par DJs we knew that a great DJ can make or break your wedding. With Mike, you get absolutely what you pay for and more. A month before the wedding we met with Mike to go over the day of schedule and song requests. Mike's attention to detail is incredible. He totally helped us revamp our schedule with his knowledge of how a wedding should flow when it came to music, food, and dancing. We were working with an excellent planner so when Mike told us he could help be a "day of coordinator/MC", I didn't completely think it was necessary- we were wrong! He was spot on with every detail we requested when it came to when we wanted specific events to happen and we were able to enjoy our wedding without worrying about some detail being overlooked or feeling rushed through the events. He was discrete, reads his audience well and is incredibly professional. My mom had a special request that we play Latin music during the reception and cocktail hour. I was a little worried because I knew Mike doesn't typically play this kind of music. He was totally open to this idea and welcomed our requests. We sent him our song requests and he did an awesome job incorporating the Latin music into our wedding. I can't imagine having gone with anyone else! Mike is so talented at his craft but is also the kind of person and energy you want to have around you and your guests on such an important day.

Michael Blaufeld

I am a full time wedding DJ that really loves his work. I truly care about your wedding as if it is my own. I understand the impact of outstanding DJ services and I will ensure that your wedding goes above and beyond expectations. My DJ career started many years ago DJing in clubs and then transitioned to full time weddings and since have done over 1500 weddings. My DJ business is unique because you will be working with me and only me. You will be getting a very personalized service coupled with 20 years of wedding experience!