Mike Larson Photographer

in California, Italy and France.

Engagement

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Photo, Photo + Video

1225 Pepper St, San Luis Obispo, CA
in California, Italy and France.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Megan M

Where do I even begin? I have to say, I only got a sneak peek at my wedding photos, but I was able to see some instant shots on his camera during the day, and Mike also did our engagement photos so I'm pretty confident in saying that he is truly amazing. Mike and his wife... Read More Rachel are the sweetest, most wonderful and talented photographers. When I saw Mike's website during my planning, I knew immediately he was the right choice. He has such an eye and talent for this - and has an incredibly calming presence about him that makes you feel at ease - something we needed during our engagement photo shoot when we were not used to being professionally photographed. My sister, and maid of honor, even joked lovingly (because she immediately loved him as well) that she felt like she was at an improv class during our photo shoots. Mike has a great way of encouraging laughter and genuine smiles and silly conversation to capture the most perfect moment. And his wife Rachel at the wedding not only was taking beautiful photographs at well, but was by my side also ensuring I had everything I needed and was comfortable. They are an amazing team and an amazing couple. They are inspiring to see working, and working together - especially as my new husband and I were about to get married. What would you rather see than two incredibly special, talented happy people documenting your day!? Mike surprised us with many incredibly different shots we were not expecting (some involving a camera being thrown in the air) and had great ideas. As he was photographing my new husband twirling me around minutes after our ceremony, I remember thinking, this is going to be one of my favorite photos because of the insane joy that Mike knew how and when to capture. He is truly talented and I hope every bride can experience such an amazing person and photographer that Mike is for her special day!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Teresa M

Mike is a complete dream come true! He shot our wedding at The Sunstone Villa on May 21st and he was INCREDIBLE! First, Mike's work is really unique and just by looking at his images on his website it's obvious his talent is far and above other photographers. His talent alone is... Read More reason to hire him! But he truly gave us so much more than that! He really wanted to know us as a couple and understand our love story which was so sweet. He had a way of making us both feel comfortable and photogenic during every frame. Additionally, during our wedding he had so many amazing visions and ideas of shots for us to take. For example, he coordinated with our florist to create different areas inside the villa of pre-wedding photos to take that turned out incredible. He helped us think through our timeline so our guests would have a few fun surprises and so that the guests stayed engaged and entertained. During the reception, he was so helpful! He was my crutch the entire day! For example, at one point, the candles at our table went out from the wind. He came running with a lighter 2 minutes later! When guests were cold, he helped direct the rental staff to reposition the heat lamps a certain way. He really did go above and beyond! And finally, he's such a loving, kind, smart, soulful, passionate, caring person. It just exudes from him! You can tell that he's truly happy for you and he wants your day to be just as magical as you have always dreamed. WE LOVE MIKE!!!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016 Holly S

I have nothing but phenomenal things to say about Mike Larson and his team--from the very first day we talked about my wedding, to our engagement photo shoot, to the rehearsal and wedding and the reveal of all our photos--Mike and his team were exceptional every step of the way.... Read More Mike and his team spent so much time getting to know us, and who we were as individuals and a couple, and captured all of these things in our photos. Our photos captured every second of our day, from our guests, our venue and all the moments we were a part of (and even some of them that we missed). The photos themselves were beautiful and we are so thankful that we get to relive our wedding every day because of the memories created by Mike and his team. We can't wait to book him for our first anniversary!

Passionate and Professional!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Kelly M

Booking Mike Larson was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning. Mike was professional from day one, and you can really see his passion for his work. He spent hours getting to know my husband and I, both on the phone and in person, before we even booked him!... Read More He answered all questions and never pressured us to make a decision until we were ready. Our package included an engagement photo session, which actually made our wedding day photos that much better because we all knew each other better, and he taught us about what makes good photos. Not to mention, we LOVED the photos, and he came all the way to LA from San Luis Obispo! Mike brought his lovely wife Rachel to assist him at our wedding. They worked so seamlessly as a team! All of our guests noticed how hard the two of them were working to get all the shots! I literally saw Mike sprinting in a suit from one area to another, so that he didn't miss a single photo! 6 weeks after our wedding, we received the cutest package - an Apple TV, a nice bottle of wine and a sweet note from Mike. All of our photos were loaded on the Apple TV. We were able to hook up the device to our TV and show all of our family and friends at a viewing party, before shipping the Apple TV back to Mike. Mike was professional, friendly, hardworking, passionate, knowledgeable, and all around AMAZING! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and our overall experience!

Wedding photographer

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Herica R

Can't thank Mike Larson Photography enough... Our wedding pictures represent us so well. Mike was easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. I love going back to that day through our amazing photos. Highly recommend.

Just Amazing

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Steve K

Mike and his team were hands down the hardest working people at our wedding. They covered every possible moment. Not to mention made the experience so enjoyable, which truly shows in the pictures. While I have found many other wedding/bridal photos stiff and boring, this was... Read More not the case with Mike Larson. The pictures were natural and organic and simply beautiful. Not only was Mike a fantastic photographer, but he also had some wonderful insight and advice on making the most out of the wedding day. This was truly the whole package deal and I cannot be more grateful for Mike Larson's team for capturing our wedding in such a beautiful way.

Capture your Unique Experience

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Emily N

Mike & Rachel are the most loving and compassionate people that I know. They do more than just capture amazing images. They take the time to get to know you as a couple and capture moments than truly reflect your unique experience.

The best in the business

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Lacey C

mike and his wife Rachel are truly the best photographers. They are so authentic, thoughtful, thorough and TALENTED! Every photo he took was breath-taking. The best part is that you wake up in the morning with a "teaser" of photos so you can have about 10 professional photos... Read More the morning after! It was a great experience from beginning to end with Mike. I have now had two other friends who used him and all had fantastic experience. If you value photography, THIS is the way to go!

Start a Conversation!