Long list of super happy brides!!!

“I think I've looked at them like 100 times or more! The pictures are great and exactly what we were looking for. I have already gotten soooo many compliments about you from my friends! We are so blessed to have found you!” Sarah D.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

14501 Olive Hill Drive, Austin, TX (512) 736-7035
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jessica E

They were awesome!! We are so happy with our photos. We chose Mike pretty quickly after we saw his work. He brings such vibrancy to his pictures that makes them really beautiful. They were great to work with and made us feel really comfortable. They seemed genuinely excited... Read More about the photos there were getting which made it so much fun to do. I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Genevieve W

Mike and his assistant Barb were superb from start to finish! We had a rather large wedding, so it was fantastic to know that we would have 2 photographers to cover the entire event and not miss any details. The highlight of it all was that Mike is also a Star Wars fan. My... Read More husband incorporated Lightsabers in our wedding reception, and Mike ran with the idea to do a short photoshoot with them! We ended up with super awesome silhouette shots of me "battling" my husband with lightsabers!! Thank you to Mike for making our wedding photos every bit as unforgettable and beautiful as the wedding itself.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie R

Mike Reed was awesome to work with. He is everything you could ask for. Mike is super responsive over email and he is a joy to work with. He is extremely open to ideas of the client and doesn't ever make you feel silly for asking him questions or asking him about a silly photo... Read More you want to take. He suggests venues for engagements and bridals and will provide advice on anything you're curious about - light, time of day to shoot, poses that photograph well, anything. He is extremely professional and very fun. His photos truly are works of art. He has an uncanny ability to capture very real emotion in his photos. Five stars for Mike. We loved working with him. Sent from my iPhon

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Johanna M

Our pictures turned out better than any expectation we could have had. Spontaneous, artsy, capturing every moment of the evening and each detail, beautifully. More importantly, Mike and his crew were absolutely fabulous to work with, I didn't even realize they were there... Read More after our formal shots. They were a blast, and our formal photos not only look outstanding, but we all had a lot of fun (and he put up with our rowdy group). I literally want to put every single picture he took in our album. Too many perfect pictures to choose from. Wouldn't have changed a thing!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Susan G

We are so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Mike. From the very beginning, he did an excellent job communicating with us, and was prompt at returning phone calls or emails - something that was important, since we were planning from out of state. We initially just... Read More booked an engagement shoot, but decided to get the wedding day package since the pictures turned out great, and we liked Mike's style - laid back with a good sense of humor. Best of all, our wedding day pictures turned out AMAZING, and we got them back pretty quickly. We would recommend him any time.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily T

Mike and his assistant were amazing both before hand and on the day of our wedding... calm, cool, collected, never in the way, and made us look FANTASTIC. Every time I look through the pictures it makes the whole day come back to me like it just happened yesterday. I wouldn't... Read More have wanted anyone else with us that day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen F

Mike was fantastic, from the pre-planning meetings to make sure every picture we wanted captured and where was planned out; to the day of when he followed us to our new house being built to snap a few shots before heading to the reception; and to the final product of each and... Read More every picture captured and the layout of our photo book (I'm still editing it and choosing pictures because there were so many good ones to choose from!) He captured all the tiny details of our wedding, and perhaps more impressive, was how he captured the personalities of everyone. From facial expressions, to everyone's moves on the dance floor, and finally to the looks being shared between my new husband and I, every picture turned out amazing and kept me wanting to look on to see the next. It took just about 4 weeks to get our wedding pictures back and looking thru them all was like reliving our wedding day all over again. Absolutely wonderful, given it went by too fast anyways :). Mike and Barbara captured the happiness, excitement, nervousness, and fun of the day perfectly. I would highly recommend Mike Reed Photo to anyone looking for a wedding photographer without a moment hesitation.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ashley O

Mike photographed our elopement at Hotel Saint Cecilia in Austin this past July and I couldn't be more thrilled with the photographs! Several months prior, I had interviewed three photographers over the phone and after speaking with Mike I immediately knew he was the... Read More photographer we should go with. Since we were eloping and wouldn't need wedding party and guest pictures, he recommended that we go with the Engagement Package and that he would be certain to get all of the important shots. When the wedding day came Mike was fantastic! He gave just the right amount of direction, he was very friendly and easy to talk and joke with. He was also great with our dogs. Now for the best part! He sent us the edited wedding photos that night!! We were able to view our wedding photos and email them to our families that same day. What a surprise! He managed to get all of the shots that we had requested and more (he has good taste in poses) and I posted them on our website http://theoaksmiths.com. I would recommend Mike and if we were still living in Texas I would hire him again in a second. I have received so so many compliments on our wedding photos -- all thanks to Mike.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Tracy H

Awesome, very easy to work with, and my photos turned out great for my wedding at Mercury Hall in Austin. Considering you work with an overwhelming amount of vendors for weddings, it was great not having to worry and to just have everything go smoothly with Mike and team. I... Read More would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kristen M

Mike Reed was an exceptional photographer. He was patient, flexible, punctual, and funny! I had a themed wedding and he really catered the photos to fit the theme. He was respectful of our privacy when it came to sharing photos with the public. He is very easy to work with and... Read More makes the wedding photography process seamless.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa H

Mike Reed and his assistant Barbara are awesome. My groom and I got married at Umlauf Sculpture Garden and it started raining right as we were supposed to start "first look" pics. Mike and his team quickly reconfigured the set up and found an indoor space for us to take the... Read More photos-- they turned out great. Luckily the rain stopped and we were able to get some great outdoor pics as well. I recommend Mike for two big reasons: 1) he doesn't do the soft-focus, white washed wedding pics that are all the rage these days. Our photos are colorful, vibrant, and look like real life. 2) he gives you a copy of EVERY pic he takes, not just the ones he thinks are the best. This made me happy because there are some great, hilarious pictures in the b-sides! I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone needing a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Erin M

Mike was fantastic to work with for our wedding! He was quick to respond to emails and made my husband and I feel at ease with how everything was going to turn out. Getting married in the late morning with high sun can be hard to shoot and Mike absolutely nailed it! Everyone we... Read More show our photos to loves how they look and we couldn't agree more.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Stefanie P

Mike Reed and his team were some of my favorite wedding vendors! Our wedding day photos were STUNNING. Honestly, I didn't even know I could look as good as the wedding photos portrayed me as- and they made me feel like a celebrity through it all. My husband and I looked so... Read More happy (and FLAWLESS) on our wedding day- which is great because that is how we felt. Mike's ability to capture photos is incredible-- after reviewing his work, you can see the excitement, nerves or energy in every photo. Looking back on them makes me smile because it is like reliving our favorite day over and over again! Mike Reed is so professional and talented. He is extremely familiar with the industry and knows what works best. He was able to provide guidance throughout the process (because I didn't know what to do), but was patient and helpful in the way that he did so. He was always available when I had questions and was quick to respond. He was easy to communicate with and open to any new suggestions. Overall, it is hard to come across such a pleasant vendor to work with and we are SO thankful that we chose Mike and team!

Reviewed on 2/13/2016

Mike and Barbara are amazing! They were so thorough--we have probably thousands of photos from the night, although Mike organized them so we have easy access to the highlights. And there are some incredible photos among them. He and Barbara really do have a photojournalistic... Read More style--they managed to capture both the big moments that made the evening so special and the ones that otherwise would have gone unseen, but that are no less special (a quiet dance-break moment from the sleepy flowergirl, three guests belting out the last song of the night like there was no tomorrow, a college friend and I scream-catching up while the band blasted Bowie). They are so fun to be around too. I definitely highly recommend them!

Can't go wrong with Mike Reed!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

We can't say enough good things about Mike and his team! I feel like he captured every moment in such a special way. Mike made everyone feel super comfortable while being open to suggestions and having so many of his own fabulous ideas. We would definitely recommend Mike Reed... Read More Photo!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Rebecca M

As soon as we meet Mike, we knew he was the photographer for our Wedding Day!! Mike made us feel at easy from the very start! For our Engagement Photo shoot, he had the perfect locations that worked so well with our personalities. The pictures were absolutely beautiful we... Read More couldn’t wait for our Wedding Day! Throughout the day of our Wedding, Mike and his second shooter Barbara kept everyone at ease and their energy was boundless! They truly made the day so easy and caught so many moments and details of the Wedding it is a joy to look back at the pictures. We cannot thank Mike enough for capturing our Wedding day and providing us pictures to remember the day for the rest of our lives! We recommend Mike to everyone he is truly amazing!

Engagment and wedding photos

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah F

Mike Reed was so helpful during the entire process of finding and choosing a photographer. When I visited his website, I saw quite a few photos from my venue, so I felt confident he knew the best spots. Most of the initial contact was over e-mail because we lived over 5 hours... Read More away. He was always so quick at answering emails, which I really appreciated. He was able to give us good suggestions about where to take our engagement photos, being that we aren't from the area. We were super nervous for the engagement session, and he was quick to crack a few jokes and make us feel comfortable and loosen up. For the wedding, I loved that he had an assistant. It made the pre-ceremony pictures go by so much faster. They were open to suggestions of specific pictures that I wanted. When my in-laws went MIA during the family pictures, he was so flexible and accommodating. Throughout the ceremony, I barely saw him, which was important to me. I didn't want to ruin the flow of the ceremony for a picture. During the reception, they were able to get candid photos and posed photos. Every guest wants a picture of them looking good! It took him only a month to get the edited photos back to me. He provided the "good" photos and all of the "extras". Overall, Mike was so enthusiastic about his job, which made it easy to work with him. I will definitely be looking for Mike when I need photos done in the future!!!

Great guy, great eye!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Sarah P

Mike was extremely punctual and patient with the craziness of the wedding day. He even brought along some extra help at no cost to us to make sure he didn't miss a moment. Overall, his cost was lower than most photographers I looked at and he was very flexible. Definitely... Read More recommend!!

The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Leah A

My husband and I met Mike before we were even engaged; he was actually the photographer for our best friends who were getting married. We new as soon as we met him that he would be our wedding photographer when the day came! He's got such a great creative eye that captures some... Read More of the most breathtaking shots, and his personality makes you feel like you've been friends for years! Mike did our Engagement, the Bridal, Boudoir, & Wedding Day photos for us and I can say that, hands down, Mike Reed is the most fantastic photographer I've ever had the pleasure of working with! I HIGHLY recommend using him - you won't be disappointed!!!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kelli G

One of my very dear friends got married about a year before our wedding. She went through a ton of research and meetings with photographers, and she chose Mike. Her bridal pictures and wedding pictures were absolutely stunning. I met with Mike at her strong recommendation and... Read More we immediately connected. We had a lot in common. I loved that his approach to the wedding was to tell the story of the day. I never even met with anyone else. He almost insists on engagement pictures so that he can get to know the couple, and although neither my groom nor I were comfortable being photographed and the weather was a mess, Mike made us feel very much at ease and it was such a fun and memorable day and we really bonded with Mike. On the wedding day, Mike and his partner Barbara were constantly with me without making me feel their presence. Mike recommended a first look which was one of the highlights of our pictures and took a lot of pressure off the walk down the aisle. I absolutely treasured those moments. The colors and the storytelling are what set Mike's photos apart from other photographers. And with over 3000 pictures to choose from which we were provided online, we had too many gorgeous pictures to count. Honest downsides - I didn't get a picture with my mom, which I regret. If you are expecting photoshopping of things you might not like about your pictures, Mike doesn't do it and he is not your guy. That being said, I've seen friends' pictures that are photoshopped and it shows... The photo books that he offers are very expensive. That being said, I tried to do my books through an online company and it has been an absolute disaster, so you do get what you pay for. All in all, Mike exceeded my every expectation and he captured all of the best parts of our day. He was so professional and easy to work with, we got our pictures back quickly, and he couldn't have made the whole process easier or more fun. He was comparably priced with other photographers my friends have used, and I feel like my pictures turned out way better. You will not regret working with him.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Rachel M

One of the very best vendors we worked with for our wedding (9/26/15). We haven't even gotten our pictures back yet, but Mike was just so pleasant to work with, that I felt I needed to review him immediately! He was so professional and personable and treated our wedding as... Read More special (even though I know he does tons of weddings). Cannot recommend him and his team more highly.

No regrets going with Mike Reed!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Sarah L

Mike Reed is great! Both my husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera, but he made our engagement photos, my bridals, and our wedding day go so smoothly and feel so natural. He made sure he knew exactly what we wanted and the photos turned out so perfect. He had... Read More great photo ideas so there was a nice mix of formal and fun pictures. He was extremely organized and had me sit down with him before the wedding to go over the exact minute-by-minute schedule of the wedding day which was much appreciated. Being pretty laid-back, I didn't realize how important it was to have such a tight schedule until the actual wedding day, and I'm so thankful that Mike did such a great job taking charge.

Tied for Best Vendor of our Wedding

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Working with Mike was such a pleasure. He's wit, humor, ease to work with and skills behind amazing. We had a huge wedding party(9 on each side). Large families that demanded groupings that were tough to do and Mike did it with ease. We had the pleasure of having his assistant... Read More help as well. She was great as well and always there to help or be the extra lens in case a shot was missed. It can be tough finding that perfect photographer, as there are so many to choose from. Just make sure you at least talk to Mike if you're on the fence between a few. He's great with communication, easy to talk to, and always honest about the best thing to do. We had to reschedule many times for engagement shots due to bad rain and he took it in stride and worked around our schedule. Then comes the qualities of his photos. The guy is a genius with lighting and has a way of capturing emotion that very few can. We received many compliments from family and friends that attended the wedding that were amazed at how great he was working with our family and friends that ranged all ages. Do yourself a favor, talk to Mike, look at his portfolio and see if he's the best option for you. We did, and it was one of the best decisions we made at our wedding!

Beautiful Work and Creates a Fun Atmosphere!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Becca D

Mike is an extremely talented photographer and very laid back, yet super efficient professional! We used Mike Reed Photo for our engagement and bridal sessions, in addition to our wedding. He always arrives early and is ready to hit the ground running when he gets there. He was... Read More very accommodating and entertained our idea of taking our engagement and my bridal session with our dog and my horse. Our wedding photos are absolutely amazing and he had them back to us within a few weeks of the wedding. Mike and his assistant Barbara were awesome the day of our wedding and the bridal party and family had a great time getting photographed! Even my husband willingly admitted this.. and he does NOT like pictures! Mike works off the shot list we discussed in advance and made sure each shot was executed with perfection! He offered his expertise with recommending the amount of shots to reasonably get done in the time frame and options we had the day of the wedding to limit the amount of time we would be taking pictures during the reception. He truly wants the client to be happy and has excellent customer service! You will not be sorry with his work!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

I would recommend Mike to everyone if I could! Mike recently did our wedding and I couldn't be any happier. One of the best choices I made for my wedding was booking Mike. He is so professional yet, such a real person. For most of us, this is our first time planning a... Read More wedding. Because of the many weddings Mike has been in he gave me wonderful suggestions- what works, what doesn't work, great tips that as a first time bride I would never thought of. He would help me prepare for the what would happen ahead of time so it made my wedding went by a smoothly for pictures. With his creativity I noticed he would do something different for each couple depending on their personality and scenery. - this is what makes him different from any other photographer. He would crawl in the grass and dirt just to get those perfect angles for us. If I could recommend Mike to everyone I know then I would. As busy as he is, he did a great job responding to us quickly and he made us feel comfortable enough to never worry about asking questions. Mike is the best not only because of his beautiful artwork but because of his amazing personality. He would tell us the many stories of his family and the weddings he worked for which helped us trust our photographer.Your photos is one of the most important things in your wedding. Your in good hands if your with Mike. If Mike is out your budget, don't worry Mike is worth every penny and you won't regret it. I hope to never get married again but if I do I would definitely hire Mike again. I can't thank you Mike for everything you've done for me and my husband! You captured the real moments at our weddings. It was like seeing a movie in photo form. From the happy bride- Nancy Dinh 06.20.15

mike

I’ve been a full time professional wedding photographer for the past 7 years and have been fortunate enough to win The Knot’s Best of Weddings for photography the last 5 years in a row here in Austin. My work has been featured by some of the best wedding blogs and magazines, regionally, nationally and around the world; Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Austin Wedding Blog, My Secret Wedding and Austin Wedding Guide. Even after seven years I wake up every day so thankful that I get to do a “job” I truly love! I say "job", because if it’s something you really love then it’s probably not a job.

Start a Conversation!