Long list of super happy brides!!!

“I think I've looked at them like 100 times or more! The pictures are great and exactly what we were looking for. I have already gotten soooo many compliments about you from my friends! We are so blessed to have found you!” Sarah D.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

14501 Olive Hill Drive, Austin, TX

Fantastically talented and chill photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lindsey S

Mike Reed was a total blessing on my wedding day. I already knew that Mike was tremendously talented as he had photographed a friend's wedding prior to mine and the pictures were phenomenal. But what I couldn't have known was just what an amazing experience he would create on my wedding day. Not being one for photos, Mike put me immediately at ease. My husband and I did first look shots, and never once did it feel awkward or forced. Instead, Mike and his assistant Barbara made us feel like we were the only two people in the world for those first minutes. It was truly special. Before the wedding, I met with Mike a couple of times, and just from those few meetings he knew exactly what I wanted in my photos. He got that I didn't want super posed photos and that I wanted the gorgeous scenery to play a role in our photos. He did that in spades. But more than that, Mike was such a calming person to be around on our day. In what can only be described as the most chaotic day of my life, Mike made me feel stress free when it came time for photos, and those were some of the few minutes when I was really relaxed and in the moment. I didn't know beforehand just how much I would appreciate that, or how much I desperately needed it. He catered to our family members' requests without letting them take over, and he was very efficient so that we hardly had to take any time away from our guests once the festivities got under way. And he took some of the best candids ever. The pictures from the reception are so hilariously special. And finally he was super responsive and got us our photos faster than just about any other photographer (several of my friends were recently married and many of them had to wait months for their photos). What it comes down to is not only will you get the best photos with Mike, but he will make your day that much more relaxed and enjoyable. He is a very special person, and I feel lucky to have found him for our wedding.

Pictures worth MORE than 1,000 words!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Lindsay R

I interviewed a few photographers before choosing Mike Reed. I tend to be a little shy, so I wanted someone I felt comfortable with, so I would feel awkward and uncomfortable in front of the camera. Right away, Mike had me laughing. He asked me specific questions about my relationship and my fiance' and was able to make our engagement shoot very personal and really reflect our personality as a couple. He drove to my parents' house on the lake for my bridal portraits in order to make them even more special and sentimental for my family. He was organized at the wedding and really took charge when getting the formal family pictures done so we didn't waste any reception party time! I had told Mike that I wanted a few pictures of details (so I could see what my mom and I spent a year planning) but pictures of people and candids were most important to me. After getting my pictures back, that is exactly what I have! Photo after photo of me, my husband, our families, and friends, laughing, crying, dancing, etc. I love them! I feel like I can relive the day over and over. :-)

You HAVE to have Mike Reed as your photographer!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

Mike's incredible talent as a photographer and his passion for his work is apparent from the first moment you meet him! My husband and I were so lucky to have Mike be a part of so many important parts of our wedding journey. Selecting a photographer is, in my opinion, one of the most important decisions you will make when planning a wedding. Your wedding photos will be the memories that you have to look back at to remember one of the most wonderful days of your life. Mike makes sure to capture all of these amazing memories!! My husband and I loved that he always had such a positive attitude and provided great advice and tips from his many many years of experience. SOOOO many people came up to me AT THE WEDDING to tell me what an amazing job Mike was doing and they hadn't even seen the photos yet! My best friend (who isn't even engaged. lol) has already decided he wants Mike to photograph his wedding. We couldn't be happier with our choice in a wedding photographer. To sum it all up, the reasons that I think Mike is THE BEST wedding photographer is that he is talented, professional, fun, and as creative as you want to be (and if your not, he can suggest great ideas!).

Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Stephanie H

My husband and I are so pleased with our wedding photos. The album was beautiful and are so proud to share it with family and friends. Also, the "out takes" are actually amazing. We have over 3000 photos of our day. Mike and Barbara have unrivaled creativity and professionalism and I would recommend to any one looking for high quality wedding photos.

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Allison S

I literally can't say enough good things about Mike! He has been an absolute rock for me during our wedding planning - he has TONS of helpful suggestions and he is ALWAYS responsive. I don't think I've ever waited more than 12 hours for an email response - even when I lived in Africa. He had such great suggestions on other vendors and options for our wedding - I ended up taking a bunch of his suggestions. He was willing to work in our budget - we did both an engagement session and our wedding with him. For our engagement session, we were supposed to have 2 locations and 2 hours - we ended up doing 3 locations for 3.5 hours and 4 costume changes - all for the same price. Mike never batted an eye, and actually encouraged it. It was so much FUN (and my husband was not at all into the idea of an engagement shoot but even he had a great time!) and the pictures are AMAZING. I still get compliments on our engagement shoot. For our wedding, Mike and his second shooter (Barbara) showed up on time and ready to go. They were AWESOME. We ran a bit behind for hair and makeup and they totally took it in stride - keeping busy and adjusting the schedule as needed, all without any stress for me. Mike directed the show for our formal shoots and they went very smoothly - even with 2 three year olds in the wedding. Barbara was amazing as well - I really enjoyed working with her. For the wedding, I didn't even notice they were there - very unobtrusive. Mike had all our photos ready for us 2.5 weeks after the wedding - talk about SERVICE! And they are INCREDIBLE. Absolutely exactly what I wanted. All of our friends and family are gushing over them - because they are so beautiful. I know they will be my most favorite keepsake. If I could, I would give Mike a 10 out of 5 stars - he is THAT good. Seriously - he will make your wedding so much easier. Thanks again Mike!

Stunning Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Katherine L

I have so many great things to say about Mike Reed! My husband actually found Mike in the sea of photographers on theknot.com and we both got a good vibe after talking to Mike on the phone. The first time I met Mike was at my bridals which turned out beautifully. Then on the wedding day, Mike and his assistant were on turbo mode. I don't know if either of them ever sat down the entire night! The pictures turned out amazingly! Mike was calming and tactful even after my husband and his groomsmen showed up late to take pictures. Mike simply took the time to photograph other moments. In the end, the pictures turned out so fantastic! My friends and family are gushing over them as we speak! One of the things about Mike that i LOVE is that he sent me ALL of the edited photos so fast! It must have only been 2.5 weeks after the wedding AND that was over Christmas and New Year's! I was very impressed! Not only that, but he also sends you a link to order online, as well as a link to a dropbox where you can download all of your photos to have and print as you like! I really loved the ease of the process. I would recommend Mike Reed to everyone and I plan on contacting him again when we need any more professional photography!

His photos are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 jordan k

Mike Reed did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and we were absolutely blown away by all of them! They are beautiful! He captured every single moment of the wedding. When you look at the photos you really feel like you're there. He was also a really good sport because we wanted some pictures outside and I, wearing a humongous and heavy dress, got a little bit cranky from the heat (August in Texas..Sorry Mike, I still feel bad about that!). Anyway, he's great to work with, extremely flexible and will take whatever kind of photos you want. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone!!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sarah M

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! He is so personable, knowledgable, and great! He was very prompt when we sent an email to him inquiring his prices and info. He called me shortly after I sent the email and we spoke on the phone for at least 30 mins. He's so thorough and takes his work to heart. I am so particular about pictures and he really delivered and gave us the lasting memories we were looking for. We did both the engagement photos and our wedding ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Mike to everyone!

Mike was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Cindy A

Everything went smoothly from the very first phone call. My husband and I met at Mike's home studio and he talked to us about our options. We had met with a couple other photographers and we felt like we clicked the most with Mike. He's super down to earth and didn't make us feel dumb since we knew nothing about photography :) We signed up for an engagement shoot as well, and I'm so happy we did. It was awkward at first since we had never taken professional photos, but Mike really made us feel at ease and after the first handful of shots we started to relax and have fun with it. This made everything that much smoother on the wedding day - we had met with Mike multiple times at that point and had the opportunity to "practice" during the engagement shoot. The day of the wedding, Mike's second photographer Barbara was there and she was fantastic as well. We had a handful of pre-arranged shots we knew we wanted, but for the most part, we just made up the group shots of the wedding party as we went and had a lot of fun doing it. It was a nice balance of us saying, hey, let's shoot this, and Mike leading us to the right shots and backgrounds.The rest of the night, Mike and Barbara worked their magic and captured the evening beautifully. I give Mike and his team 5 stars for sure and highly recommend him - and he was very fairly priced to top it off!

Beautiful pictures that captured the moment!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lauren P

Mike was very pleasant to work with! He and his team were able to capture all of the great moments without even feeling like we were on camera. Even his editing was outstanding. He created an album for us that told the whole story and I know we will enjoy it for years to come!

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Melinda D

I ordinarily do not write reviews for anything. Mike was my wedding photographer. He was professional, easy going and did what we wanted. He was available when needed and inconspicuous when we didn't . The photos turned out amazing! I HIGHLY recommend that you hire him to do your wedding!! He was excellent!!

Amazing photos

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Mike was my photographer over the weekend at my wedding at Barr Mansion. His photos were beautiful and captured our special day wonderfully. He and his assistant were very professional, friendly and prompt. I'm not very comfortable in front of a camera but he immediately put me at ease. I was so thrilled with how our pictures turned out. Mike, you truly have an amazing talent, thank you so much for being apart of our wedding day. Brides to Be if you are looking for a wedding photographer look no further, Mike is the best!!

The best of the best

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Grace W

I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about Mike and his photography. My husband and I live in Austin, but we got married in Atlanta where I grew up. After viewing Mike's gorgeous portfolio online, I contacted him at first to see if he could do our engagement pictures. My plan was to find someone in Austin to do our engagement pictures and someone in Atlanta to do our wedding pictures. Mike responded to my inquiry quickly and we ended up speaking on the phone about what I am looking for in our engagement and wedding photography. I quickly decided that I would also like Mike to travel to Atlanta to do our wedding pictures for us and I could not have been happier with that decision. From the very beginning, Mike ensured that our photography desires were met. We have received countless compliments on our wedding and engagement photography from our friends and family. Mike is always quick to respond to emails and follow up with any questions that we have. He met with me several times during the engagement process to make sure everything was lined up perfectly for the wedding. He is incredibly personable yet knows how to get down to business when time is of the essence. He has an amazing ability to set up beautiful pictures while allowing true personalities to shine through in his work. Any bride would be in great, great hands with Mike.

Mike was the best!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

I can't say enough good things about Mike. He was so helpful and easy to work with throughout the entire process. I am incredibly uncomfortable in front of the camera and Mike and his second photographer just made the whole process so easy. The photos themselves came out beautifully. I have had so many compliments on how gorgeous they are and how they really captured the fun and the energy of our big night. I can't imagine having used any other photographer and I would recommend Mike Reed to any bride looking for perfect images to capture her special day.

Mike Reed- Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Veronica D

Mike Reed is such an AMAZING photographer! We used him for our wedding on 6/28/14 and for engagement and bridal portrait pictures. He went over and beyond the call of duty for all three... for our engagement pics he wasn't just w/ us for 3 or 4 hours. He went to every location we wanted and was so patient, professional and fun! Not only does he do amazing work but he's so nice. Just a really great person and was so easy and fun to work with. He has great ideas and also listened to all of mine. Our wedding pics are beautiful! And the turn around time is quite something ( so fast!!). Pictures were super important to me and my husband and I'm so happy we chose Mike. I would HIGHLY recommend him!!

Sylvester Wedding Review - Groom Perspective

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

So many great things to say about Mike! His level of service surpassed my highest expectations. He arrived early, waited on us and found things to do while he waited on us even longer. Now, I was the groom so I'm unlike my gorgeous wife who can pose well for photos, so Mike helped me get comfortable and I never felt rushed or felt him get short with me at all. His ideas, his skill-set and his mannerisms are going to be what wins you over. Just read all the other reviews. He's well worth whatever level of service you purchase from him, and you GET what you pay for; pure excellence. Could not be more pleased with all of our amazing shots which ultimately transpired into capturing the best day of our lives.

Mike Reed Photography

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lynsey

My Husband and I interviewed quite a few photographers but Mike was on point! He was well prepared and gave us a lot of information to sit on! We had a destination wedding and Mike was so helpful by giving me names of vendors he preferred! He was so encouraging when I had a meltdown about my make up on the day we did bridals! On the wedding day he arrived before I even did! Mike has this amazing talent that not many photographers can do; long exposure. This was something we absolutely wanted to do and he mastered it. The pictures turned out amazing! So thankful I found Mike on the knot! He is so flexible, understanding and most importantly, he is genuine. Thank you Mike for doing such a wonderful job on our bridals, boudoir and wedding!

Austin's Best Wedding Photographer Without a Doubt

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Jason F

I truly cannot give a stronger recommendation for ANY wedding vendor then I can for Mike Reed. Mike photographed my wife and I’s entire first year of marriage - from our engagement, to our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception, and day-after wedding, and I cannot praise enough his professionalism, kindness, patience, attention to detail, and quality photography. Mike is a gem and has made my wife and I feel truly special in every moment we’ve spent with him. From our first meeting with him (and yes, he physically met with us to show us his work and answer a TON of questions) through our engagement photo session literally all over Austin, and all the way to hiking with us up and down Hamilton Pools to the Pedernales river to shoot us in our wedding outfits, Mike has been organized, gracious with his time, and FUN! I cannot emphasize enough how kind, courteous, and professional Mike was and has been with us. 2014 was an incredible year for my wife and I, and we’re truly blessed that Mike was able to capture it all with his camera in the way only Mike knows how.

Mike Reed Positive Review

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Kathryn D

Mike was a great photographer. Unfortunatley, I could not hire him because of unseen circumstances changing my budget but I would recommend him to anyone. At our consulation he was very attentive and kind. He had a beautiful presentation with pictures and photo album samples for us to choose from. He kept in touch and seemed very experienced.

Beautiful Hill Country wedding photos

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Lacy R

We found out about Mike Reed through the Knot.com and weddingwire.com. He had so many great reviews and now we know why. Mike is amazing! He is such a friendly and fun person and he is very flexible with his schedule. He also gave us great ideas for our photo booth which was a big hit. He had a very fast turnaround time getting our photos back to us which was great. Mike and his assistant photographer did a great job capturing emotion in every photo. My husband and I are extremely happy with our wedding pictures!

Fabulous Photographer

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Danielle M

Artistic while still keeping the photos look like you :) Mike really focuses in on what you are looking for. He and his assistant are great. They are prompt on the day of and getting the touched up photos back.

Amazing Bridal Portraits with Mike Reed

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Jackie B

Mike Reed is an incredible Austin wedding photographer. He combines ultra creativity with strong technical skill and a winning personality. He's so much fun to shoot with; you can tell he loves what he does! He finds interesting angles and gets the best lighting in your pictures. He is patient, kind and a true artist of his craft. His passion for photography is so clearly represented in his photos! He did my bridal shoot at the Texas Capitol and Congress Avenue; the pictures turned out unbelievably well. I interviewed many photographers, and Mike unquestionably is the best. I'm so grateful I found him. I can't wait for the wedding!!!

Amy O

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Amy K

Mike and his assistant, Barbara, did an amazing job capturing the story of our wedding day! They were both so friendly, professional, and passionate about capturing special moments. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for quality photography!!

One of the best in all of Texas.

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Carolyn M

As a photographer and artist, I took my time looking for the perfect photographer in San Antonio. I couldn't find the right one that had the look I was going for, so I broadened my scope to Austin, and found Mike Reed via his his gorgeous photography. He really made our photos pop off the page, and he's a true professional!

Mike Reed is THE best hands down

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Ashley N

Mike Reed is an awesome photographer. If you’re looking for someone that has a good eye and shoots in the “now” … he’s your guy! Very accommodating, welcoming and makes you feel comfortable during shoots. He’s awesome at what he does and even keeps a good relationship up afterwards in case of any more photography needs. Definitely worth all our time and money spent! :) I wouldn’t change it.

TO mike reed photo