Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

14501 Olive Hill Drive, Austin, TX

Fantastically talented and chill photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lindsey S

Mike Reed was a total blessing on my wedding day. I already knew that Mike was tremendously talented as he had photographed a friend's wedding prior to mine and the pictures were phenomenal. But what I couldn't have known was just what an amazing experience he would create on my... Read More wedding day. Not being one for photos, Mike put me immediately at ease. My husband and I did first look shots, and never once did it feel awkward or forced. Instead, Mike and his assistant Barbara made us feel like we were the only two people in the world for those first minutes. It was truly special. Before the wedding, I met with Mike a couple of times, and just from those few meetings he knew exactly what I wanted in my photos. He got that I didn't want super posed photos and that I wanted the gorgeous scenery to play a role in our photos. He did that in spades. But more than that, Mike was such a calming person to be around on our day. In what can only be described as the most chaotic day of my life, Mike made me feel stress free when it came time for photos, and those were some of the few minutes when I was really relaxed and in the moment. I didn't know beforehand just how much I would appreciate that, or how much I desperately needed it. He catered to our family members' requests without letting them take over, and he was very efficient so that we hardly had to take any time away from our guests once the festivities got under way. And he took some of the best candids ever. The pictures from the reception are so hilariously special. And finally he was super responsive and got us our photos faster than just about any other photographer (several of my friends were recently married and many of them had to wait months for their photos). What it comes down to is not only will you get the best photos with Mike, but he will make your day that much more relaxed and enjoyable. He is a very special person, and I feel lucky to have found him for our wedding.

The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Leah A

My husband and I met Mike before we were even engaged; he was actually the photographer for our best friends who were getting married. We new as soon as we met him that he would be our wedding photographer when the day came! He's got such a great creative eye that captures some... Read More of the most breathtaking shots, and his personality makes you feel like you've been friends for years! Mike did our Engagement, the Bridal, Boudoir, & Wedding Day photos for us and I can say that, hands down, Mike Reed is the most fantastic photographer I've ever had the pleasure of working with! I HIGHLY recommend using him - you won't be disappointed!!!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kelli G

One of my very dear friends got married about a year before our wedding. She went through a ton of research and meetings with photographers, and she chose Mike. Her bridal pictures and wedding pictures were absolutely stunning. I met with Mike at her strong recommendation and... Read More we immediately connected. We had a lot in common. I loved that his approach to the wedding was to tell the story of the day. I never even met with anyone else. He almost insists on engagement pictures so that he can get to know the couple, and although neither my groom nor I were comfortable being photographed and the weather was a mess, Mike made us feel very much at ease and it was such a fun and memorable day and we really bonded with Mike. On the wedding day, Mike and his partner Barbara were constantly with me without making me feel their presence. Mike recommended a first look which was one of the highlights of our pictures and took a lot of pressure off the walk down the aisle. I absolutely treasured those moments. The colors and the storytelling are what set Mike's photos apart from other photographers. And with over 3000 pictures to choose from which we were provided online, we had too many gorgeous pictures to count. Honest downsides - I didn't get a picture with my mom, which I regret. If you are expecting photoshopping of things you might not like about your pictures, Mike doesn't do it and he is not your guy. That being said, I've seen friends' pictures that are photoshopped and it shows... The photo books that he offers are very expensive. That being said, I tried to do my books through an online company and it has been an absolute disaster, so you do get what you pay for. All in all, Mike exceeded my every expectation and he captured all of the best parts of our day. He was so professional and easy to work with, we got our pictures back quickly, and he couldn't have made the whole process easier or more fun. He was comparably priced with other photographers my friends have used, and I feel like my pictures turned out way better. You will not regret working with him.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ashley O

Mike photographed our elopement at Hotel Saint Cecilia in Austin this past July and I couldn't be more thrilled with the photographs! Several months prior, I had interviewed three photographers over the phone and after speaking with Mike I immediately knew he was the... Read More photographer we should go with. Since we were eloping and wouldn't need wedding party and guest pictures, he recommended that we go with the Engagement Package and that he would be certain to get all of the important shots. When the wedding day came Mike was fantastic! He gave just the right amount of direction, he was very friendly and easy to talk and joke with. He was also great with our dogs. Now for the best part! He sent us the edited wedding photos that night!! We were able to view our wedding photos and email them to our families that same day. What a surprise! He managed to get all of the shots that we had requested and more (he has good taste in poses) and I posted them on our website I would recommend Mike and if we were still living in Texas I would hire him again in a second. I have received so so many compliments on our wedding photos -- all thanks to Mike.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Tracy H

Awesome, very easy to work with, and my photos turned out great for my wedding at Mercury Hall in Austin. Considering you work with an overwhelming amount of vendors for weddings, it was great not having to worry and to just have everything go smoothly with Mike and team. I... Read More would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kristen M

Mike Reed was an exceptional photographer. He was patient, flexible, punctual, and funny! I had a themed wedding and he really catered the photos to fit the theme. He was respectful of our privacy when it came to sharing photos with the public. He is very easy to work with and... Read More makes the wedding photography process seamless.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Melissa H

Mike Reed and his assistant Barbara are awesome. My groom and I got married at Umlauf Sculpture Garden and it started raining right as we were supposed to start "first look" pics. Mike and his team quickly reconfigured the set up and found an indoor space for us to take the... Read More photos-- they turned out great. Luckily the rain stopped and we were able to get some great outdoor pics as well. I recommend Mike for two big reasons: 1) he doesn't do the soft-focus, white washed wedding pics that are all the rage these days. Our photos are colorful, vibrant, and look like real life. 2) he gives you a copy of EVERY pic he takes, not just the ones he thinks are the best. This made me happy because there are some great, hilarious pictures in the b-sides! I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone needing a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Erin M

Mike was fantastic to work with for our wedding! He was quick to respond to emails and made my husband and I feel at ease with how everything was going to turn out. Getting married in the late morning with high sun can be hard to shoot and Mike absolutely nailed it! Everyone we... Read More show our photos to loves how they look and we couldn't agree more.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Stefanie P

Mike Reed and his team were some of my favorite wedding vendors! Our wedding day photos were STUNNING. Honestly, I didn't even know I could look as good as the wedding photos portrayed me as- and they made me feel like a celebrity through it all. My husband and I looked so... Read More happy (and FLAWLESS) on our wedding day- which is great because that is how we felt. Mike's ability to capture photos is incredible-- after reviewing his work, you can see the excitement, nerves or energy in every photo. Looking back on them makes me smile because it is like reliving our favorite day over and over again! Mike Reed is so professional and talented. He is extremely familiar with the industry and knows what works best. He was able to provide guidance throughout the process (because I didn't know what to do), but was patient and helpful in the way that he did so. He was always available when I had questions and was quick to respond. He was easy to communicate with and open to any new suggestions. Overall, it is hard to come across such a pleasant vendor to work with and we are SO thankful that we chose Mike and team!

Reviewed on 2/13/2016

Mike and Barbara are amazing! They were so thorough--we have probably thousands of photos from the night, although Mike organized them so we have easy access to the highlights. And there are some incredible photos among them. He and Barbara really do have a photojournalistic... Read More style--they managed to capture both the big moments that made the evening so special and the ones that otherwise would have gone unseen, but that are no less special (a quiet dance-break moment from the sleepy flowergirl, three guests belting out the last song of the night like there was no tomorrow, a college friend and I scream-catching up while the band blasted Bowie). They are so fun to be around too. I definitely highly recommend them!

Can't go wrong with Mike Reed!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

We can't say enough good things about Mike and his team! I feel like he captured every moment in such a special way. Mike made everyone feel super comfortable while being open to suggestions and having so many of his own fabulous ideas. We would definitely recommend Mike Reed... Read More Photo!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Rebecca M

As soon as we meet Mike, we knew he was the photographer for our Wedding Day!! Mike made us feel at easy from the very start! For our Engagement Photo shoot, he had the perfect locations that worked so well with our personalities. The pictures were absolutely beautiful we... Read More couldn’t wait for our Wedding Day! Throughout the day of our Wedding, Mike and his second shooter Barbara kept everyone at ease and their energy was boundless! They truly made the day so easy and caught so many moments and details of the Wedding it is a joy to look back at the pictures. We cannot thank Mike enough for capturing our Wedding day and providing us pictures to remember the day for the rest of our lives! We recommend Mike to everyone he is truly amazing!

Engagment and wedding photos

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah F

Mike Reed was so helpful during the entire process of finding and choosing a photographer. When I visited his website, I saw quite a few photos from my venue, so I felt confident he knew the best spots. Most of the initial contact was over e-mail because we lived over 5 hours... Read More away. He was always so quick at answering emails, which I really appreciated. He was able to give us good suggestions about where to take our engagement photos, being that we aren't from the area. We were super nervous for the engagement session, and he was quick to crack a few jokes and make us feel comfortable and loosen up. For the wedding, I loved that he had an assistant. It made the pre-ceremony pictures go by so much faster. They were open to suggestions of specific pictures that I wanted. When my in-laws went MIA during the family pictures, he was so flexible and accommodating. Throughout the ceremony, I barely saw him, which was important to me. I didn't want to ruin the flow of the ceremony for a picture. During the reception, they were able to get candid photos and posed photos. Every guest wants a picture of them looking good! It took him only a month to get the edited photos back to me. He provided the "good" photos and all of the "extras". Overall, Mike was so enthusiastic about his job, which made it easy to work with him. I will definitely be looking for Mike when I need photos done in the future!!!

Great guy, great eye!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Sarah P

Mike was extremely punctual and patient with the craziness of the wedding day. He even brought along some extra help at no cost to us to make sure he didn't miss a moment. Overall, his cost was lower than most photographers I looked at and he was very flexible. Definitely... Read More recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Rachel M

One of the very best vendors we worked with for our wedding (9/26/15). We haven't even gotten our pictures back yet, but Mike was just so pleasant to work with, that I felt I needed to review him immediately! He was so professional and personable and treated our wedding as... Read More special (even though I know he does tons of weddings). Cannot recommend him and his team more highly.

No regrets going with Mike Reed!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Sarah L

Mike Reed is great! Both my husband and I are not comfortable in front of the camera, but he made our engagement photos, my bridals, and our wedding day go so smoothly and feel so natural. He made sure he knew exactly what we wanted and the photos turned out so perfect. He had... Read More great photo ideas so there was a nice mix of formal and fun pictures. He was extremely organized and had me sit down with him before the wedding to go over the exact minute-by-minute schedule of the wedding day which was much appreciated. Being pretty laid-back, I didn't realize how important it was to have such a tight schedule until the actual wedding day, and I'm so thankful that Mike did such a great job taking charge.

Tied for Best Vendor of our Wedding

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Working with Mike was such a pleasure. He's wit, humor, ease to work with and skills behind amazing. We had a huge wedding party(9 on each side). Large families that demanded groupings that were tough to do and Mike did it with ease. We had the pleasure of having his assistant... Read More help as well. She was great as well and always there to help or be the extra lens in case a shot was missed. It can be tough finding that perfect photographer, as there are so many to choose from. Just make sure you at least talk to Mike if you're on the fence between a few. He's great with communication, easy to talk to, and always honest about the best thing to do. We had to reschedule many times for engagement shots due to bad rain and he took it in stride and worked around our schedule. Then comes the qualities of his photos. The guy is a genius with lighting and has a way of capturing emotion that very few can. We received many compliments from family and friends that attended the wedding that were amazed at how great he was working with our family and friends that ranged all ages. Do yourself a favor, talk to Mike, look at his portfolio and see if he's the best option for you. We did, and it was one of the best decisions we made at our wedding!

Beautiful Work and Creates a Fun Atmosphere!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Becca D

Mike is an extremely talented photographer and very laid back, yet super efficient professional! We used Mike Reed Photo for our engagement and bridal sessions, in addition to our wedding. He always arrives early and is ready to hit the ground running when he gets there. He was... Read More very accommodating and entertained our idea of taking our engagement and my bridal session with our dog and my horse. Our wedding photos are absolutely amazing and he had them back to us within a few weeks of the wedding. Mike and his assistant Barbara were awesome the day of our wedding and the bridal party and family had a great time getting photographed! Even my husband willingly admitted this.. and he does NOT like pictures! Mike works off the shot list we discussed in advance and made sure each shot was executed with perfection! He offered his expertise with recommending the amount of shots to reasonably get done in the time frame and options we had the day of the wedding to limit the amount of time we would be taking pictures during the reception. He truly wants the client to be happy and has excellent customer service! You will not be sorry with his work!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

I would recommend Mike to everyone if I could! Mike recently did our wedding and I couldn't be any happier. One of the best choices I made for my wedding was booking Mike. He is so professional yet, such a real person. For most of us, this is our first time planning a... Read More wedding. Because of the many weddings Mike has been in he gave me wonderful suggestions- what works, what doesn't work, great tips that as a first time bride I would never thought of. He would help me prepare for the what would happen ahead of time so it made my wedding went by a smoothly for pictures. With his creativity I noticed he would do something different for each couple depending on their personality and scenery. - this is what makes him different from any other photographer. He would crawl in the grass and dirt just to get those perfect angles for us. If I could recommend Mike to everyone I know then I would. As busy as he is, he did a great job responding to us quickly and he made us feel comfortable enough to never worry about asking questions. Mike is the best not only because of his beautiful artwork but because of his amazing personality. He would tell us the many stories of his family and the weddings he worked for which helped us trust our photographer.Your photos is one of the most important things in your wedding. Your in good hands if your with Mike. If Mike is out your budget, don't worry Mike is worth every penny and you won't regret it. I hope to never get married again but if I do I would definitely hire Mike again. I can't thank you Mike for everything you've done for me and my husband! You captured the real moments at our weddings. It was like seeing a movie in photo form. From the happy bride- Nancy Dinh 06.20.15

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Stephanie H

My husband and I are so pleased with our wedding photos. The album was beautiful and are so proud to share it with family and friends. Also, the "out takes" are actually amazing. We have over 3000 photos of our day. Mike and Barbara have unrivaled creativity and professionalism... Read More and I would recommend to any one looking for high quality wedding photos.

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Allison S

I literally can't say enough good things about Mike! He has been an absolute rock for me during our wedding planning - he has TONS of helpful suggestions and he is ALWAYS responsive. I don't think I've ever waited more than 12 hours for an email response - even when I lived in... Read More Africa. He had such great suggestions on other vendors and options for our wedding - I ended up taking a bunch of his suggestions. He was willing to work in our budget - we did both an engagement session and our wedding with him. For our engagement session, we were supposed to have 2 locations and 2 hours - we ended up doing 3 locations for 3.5 hours and 4 costume changes - all for the same price. Mike never batted an eye, and actually encouraged it. It was so much FUN (and my husband was not at all into the idea of an engagement shoot but even he had a great time!) and the pictures are AMAZING. I still get compliments on our engagement shoot. For our wedding, Mike and his second shooter (Barbara) showed up on time and ready to go. They were AWESOME. We ran a bit behind for hair and makeup and they totally took it in stride - keeping busy and adjusting the schedule as needed, all without any stress for me. Mike directed the show for our formal shoots and they went very smoothly - even with 2 three year olds in the wedding. Barbara was amazing as well - I really enjoyed working with her. For the wedding, I didn't even notice they were there - very unobtrusive. Mike had all our photos ready for us 2.5 weeks after the wedding - talk about SERVICE! And they are INCREDIBLE. Absolutely exactly what I wanted. All of our friends and family are gushing over them - because they are so beautiful. I know they will be my most favorite keepsake. If I could, I would give Mike a 10 out of 5 stars - he is THAT good. Seriously - he will make your wedding so much easier. Thanks again Mike!

Stunning Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Katherine L

I have so many great things to say about Mike Reed! My husband actually found Mike in the sea of photographers on and we both got a good vibe after talking to Mike on the phone. The first time I met Mike was at my bridals which turned out beautifully. Then on the... Read More wedding day, Mike and his assistant were on turbo mode. I don't know if either of them ever sat down the entire night! The pictures turned out amazingly! Mike was calming and tactful even after my husband and his groomsmen showed up late to take pictures. Mike simply took the time to photograph other moments. In the end, the pictures turned out so fantastic! My friends and family are gushing over them as we speak! One of the things about Mike that i LOVE is that he sent me ALL of the edited photos so fast! It must have only been 2.5 weeks after the wedding AND that was over Christmas and New Year's! I was very impressed! Not only that, but he also sends you a link to order online, as well as a link to a dropbox where you can download all of your photos to have and print as you like! I really loved the ease of the process. I would recommend Mike Reed to everyone and I plan on contacting him again when we need any more professional photography!

His photos are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 jordan k

Mike Reed did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and we were absolutely blown away by all of them! They are beautiful! He captured every single moment of the wedding. When you look at the photos you really feel like you're there. He was also a really good sport... Read More because we wanted some pictures outside and I, wearing a humongous and heavy dress, got a little bit cranky from the heat (August in Texas..Sorry Mike, I still feel bad about that!). Anyway, he's great to work with, extremely flexible and will take whatever kind of photos you want. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sarah M

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! He is so personable, knowledgable, and great! He was very prompt when we sent an email to him inquiring his prices and info. He called me shortly after I sent the email and we spoke on the phone for at least 30... Read More mins. He's so thorough and takes his work to heart. I am so particular about pictures and he really delivered and gave us the lasting memories we were looking for. We did both the engagement photos and our wedding ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Mike to everyone!

Mike was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Cindy A

Everything went smoothly from the very first phone call. My husband and I met at Mike's home studio and he talked to us about our options. We had met with a couple other photographers and we felt like we clicked the most with Mike. He's super down to earth and didn't make us... Read More feel dumb since we knew nothing about photography :) We signed up for an engagement shoot as well, and I'm so happy we did. It was awkward at first since we had never taken professional photos, but Mike really made us feel at ease and after the first handful of shots we started to relax and have fun with it. This made everything that much smoother on the wedding day - we had met with Mike multiple times at that point and had the opportunity to "practice" during the engagement shoot. The day of the wedding, Mike's second photographer Barbara was there and she was fantastic as well. We had a handful of pre-arranged shots we knew we wanted, but for the most part, we just made up the group shots of the wedding party as we went and had a lot of fun doing it. It was a nice balance of us saying, hey, let's shoot this, and Mike leading us to the right shots and backgrounds.The rest of the night, Mike and Barbara worked their magic and captured the evening beautifully. I give Mike and his team 5 stars for sure and highly recommend him - and he was very fairly priced to top it off!

I’ve been a full time professional wedding photographer for the past 7 years and have been fortunate enough to win The Knot’s Best of Weddings for photography the last 5 years in a row here in Austin. My work has been featured by some of the best wedding blogs and magazines, regionally, nationally and around the world; Style Me Pretty, The Knot, Austin Wedding Blog, My Secret Wedding and Austin Wedding Guide. Even after seven years I wake up every day so thankful that I get to do a “job” I truly love! I say "job", because if it’s something you really love then it’s probably not a job.

Start a Conversation!