Milan Catering and Event Designs

Serving Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa and Boca

Imagine Perfection with Milan Catering

Milan offers full wedding planning and catering. Our professional chefs cook on-site in mobile kitchens so your menus is delicious, served at the right temperature and plated with fine dining flair. We offer family style, guest choice Tableside and TAPAS. Visit our website for menu ideas.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

4141 S. TAMIAMI TRAIL, SARASOTA, FL Serving Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa and Boca (941) 312-0000

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Monica D

Can't give enough stars to this company and all involved. Chef Roberta and her staff did an amazing job on the food! I had so many guests rave about it being the best meal they had at a wedding. One of the guests actually asked for the salad dressing recipe! Anastasia was... Read More our planner and I was blown away! She was so patient and understanding at the rehearsal, as some of our party arrived late. The day of the wedding, she was the first one at the event and setting up everything exactly as I asked! She was so calm and helpful as a downpour of rain almost changed our entire wedding plans. Fortunately, everything went unhitched thanks to her patience and expertise at facilitating the changes that were needed due to the rain. I highly recommend Milan catering! One of my best choices in planning my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lauren G

Food was amazing for out Boca Grande wedding. Milan brought everything onsite via their food prep truck and tasted list it came out of a 5 star kitchen. All our guests loved every bit of it.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016

Wow!!!!! It's so amazing when you find an honest and tremendous company that exemplifies genuine and sincere love to making sure that you have an amazing wedding. Chef Roberta is simply one of a kind. She has shown and expressed so much generosity towards my wife and I. Her... Read More staff is exceptional to work with and ideally the best in the business hands down. My wife and I got married at the Powell Crosley Estate and we had a vision that we wanted to showcase on our special day and it was tough on our end to get all of that done. Not only, did Chef Roberta guide us in the right direction, but also granted us the wedding of our dreams by bringing our vision into fruition. We can't express how much gratitude and genuine appreciation that we have for her and her staff. Not only was the food soooooooooo good. Again, the food was soooooooooo good that everyone was asking for seconds lol. More so, that was a highlight of the night. All in all, PLEASE, trust in this review that there is "NO COMPANY" better than Milan Catering. Absolutely NO complaints on our end whatsoever. Chose wisely when it comes to your special day. Chose Milan Catering. XOXO.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

Loved Chef Roberta and her staff. We decied on family style - absolutely delicious! They did a wonderful job on my bouquet and decorations. The evenign was truly perfect!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Danielle Z

Delicious food. Loved the plated dinner where guests can pick their dinner entree when they take their seats. Their staff was attentive and courteous, even with some of our guests who were hard of hearing. Best decision we made

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Josh W

I am beyond happy with my choice to have Milan catering for my wedding! They did an awesome job, all of the food was served hot and delicious. If you're looking for a caterer for your event/ wedding I would say you need to look no further. Milan is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Stacy S

Milan Catering is the preferred/in-house caterer for the Powel Crosley, so we didn't do much research before deciding to use their services. We also decided to use their sister company, Sarasota Wedding Gallery, for day-of wedding coordination, which I would highly recommend to... Read More all brides who are organized but want to be able to thoroughly enjoy their wedding day. Despite being assigned three different wedding coordinators throughout the process (the first quit and the second had a family emergency), our wedding day went off without any complications and was exactly how we envisioned it, if not better!! Our coordinator, Laurel, who is new to the company, was lovely to work with. Despite it being high wedding season, she was quick to respond to e-mails/questions and provided all of the reassurance we needed during the final few weeks. We opted for "guest choice" dinner service, which allowed our guests to choose from three entrée options and place their order with the waiters at their table. Chef Roberta met us for a private tasting at the Milan Catering store and helped us create the perfect menu, as well as choose our cake flavors (Milan Catering recently partnered with Cakes by Ron). Milan Catering also provided us with chairs, table settings, linens, cocktail tables and lighting. We splurged a bit on the beautiful chandelier and café bulbs over the dance floor and outdoor reception area, which I highly recommend if you want to create a romantic, glamorous setting for your ceremony and/or reception. Beware that you will spend the majority of your wedding budget on the catering, coordination, cake and lighting, especially with a company like Milan Catering, but your wedding day will be a glorious and memorable one for sure!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Stephanie L

We had a wonderful experience with Milan Catering. The food on our wedding day was wonderful and all of our guests were very complimentary of their meals and the service. When we first met Chef Roberta, she was so sweet to us. We did a tasting and my parents happened to be in... Read More town. Chef Roberta welcomed them to be involved in the tasting as well which meant so much to us. Laurel was our day of planner and she was wonderful! She was so helpful with all of my questions during the planning process and the day of, I didn't have to worry about a single thing because I knew she had it all taken care of. I highly recommend Milan and day of planning with Sarasota Wedding Gallery. Thank you so much for being a big part of our wonderful wedding! Stephanie and David Leli

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Amanda A

I can't express enough how amazing everyone at Milan Catering is! Erin, Anastasia and Chef Roberta made our wedding effortless and made our classic, rustic vision come to life. They didn't hesitate when we chose a unique brewery location and every aspect of the reception looked... Read More exactly as we imagined. To top it all off, besides making delicious food, Chef Roberta was amazing with my son. So that I could do my bridal entrance, Chef Roberta stopped what she was doing to soothe him and he was asleep in seconds! I highly recommend Milan Catering for all your catering, wedding planning and babysitting needs!! Above and beyond!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Alyssa K

I can not express my gratitude enough for such a wonderful vendor. I used Sarasota wedding gallery in conjunction with Milan catering and let me tell you how easy it was!!!! From the food and cake testing to the professional lighting and linen show room it was all so delightful.... Read More The food was with out a doubt the best I've had. They made it so easy and we're totally flexible with any special requests we had. The day of went so smoothly and presentation was so beautiful. Chef Roberta thank you thank you thank you!!! You are absolutely wonderful. From the plates to the silverware and the food it was all so impressive and was far beyond satisfactory. All my guests were pleased. But most importantly Hunter and I were totally floored and thrilled with everything. The food was wonderful. Our lighting with the chandelier and cafe bulbs were beyond gorgeous. Everything was exactly as I had hoped and I truly couldn't have asked for better. Alyssa and Hunter Karass married 4-15-17 at the Powel Crosley Estate In Sarasota Fl

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Emily M

Let me start off my saying our food was delicious, impromptu day of coordinator did a great job and the venue was beautiful! However, there were some major issues that my husband and I did come across. First of all, we went through 3 day of coordinators...No exaggeration. Our... Read More first day of coordinator was let go from the company due to personal reasons, our second coordinator was switched because I was told she was overwhelmed(after calling and emailing her with no response I finally received a call from the owner), all went well with our 3rd coordinator until the day of the wedding when I was informed she was sick and would no longer be our coordinator. However, her assistant Laurel became our coordinator and she did an outstanding job! When dealing with an out of town wedding, unreliability is the last thing you want to deal with. Also, there were a few other minor issues such as the table numbers being backwards. The tables where our families were sitting were very far us, table one should have been closer and table 12 the furthest from us. Lastly, after requesting 3 vegetarian dishes there were no vegetarian dishes available for those guests. Overall, our wedding was a fantastic time and our guests were very pleased with the food. In all honesty, I don't know if I would use Milan Catering again, when paying well over $10,000 for a service I expect much better. With all of that being said, Roberta, Laurel, Breanna were still great to work with.

2017-03-24T10:48:27 Response from the vendor

I love this review... only because it finally talks about the value of having a company that has multiple wedding and event planners on staff as part of the catering company. Most of our weddings from destination couples are easily booked two years in advance.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Sherri T

Thank you to Milan Catering for making my daughter's wedding such a lovely affair. Chef Roberta did an outstanding job with a fabulous buffet comprised of food with a "tropical/Spanish" vibe. Everything was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. She was so... Read More accommodating during the whole process, which began in August with a tasting. And Anastasia was our "day of" coordinator, and she was so patient and competent - a real asset to Milan's staff. Thank you again for making our wedding party so nice! We will definitely use Milan again for a future event.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Emily D

Milan catering is excellent! Laurel was our day of coordinator who was so great. She came on about two months before our wedding and was wonderful to have. She was extremely responsive and helpful with all questions. On the day of the wedding she was just as great! The food... Read More Milan provided was top notch. We did a menu that was part breakfast. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the different menu and we're raving about the food. Instead of having a wedding cake, we had three family style desserts - chocolate cake, carrot cake, and tiramisu. Everyone loved the desserts and that there was something therefkr everyone to enjoy! Overall, I am beyond pleased with Milan Catering. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Jaime J

Do not even think of hiring them for event coordination! What a nightmare! The turnover within this company is incredible and I was constantly having to start from scratch with new coordinators. I'm note sure what's going on with this company but I hope I can save another bride... Read More from the nightmare of being told you have a new planner just weeks before your big day!

2017-03-15T09:21:00 Response from the vendor

She made my event planner cry... that was at revision 15. To put this in context, our weddings are ususally delivered at revision 4. She never hired full wedding planning, but basically treated our entire company as if she had. Another event planner stepped in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Sarah L

Delicious food! Chef Roberta was incredible! Our tables were set up exactly how I wanted and our guests couldn't stop talking about the food! Thank you for an incredible meal and making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Christi F

Chef Roberta and staff did an outstanding job! The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. In conjunction with Anastasia and the Sarasota Wedding Gallery, our daughter's wedding was spectacular.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Danitza M

Milan Catering is AMAZING! My husband and I are a multi-cultural couple and we really wanted a caterer who could incorporate both Asian and Spanish food into our cocktail and reception menu. Milan Catering did just that and the food was incredible. We still get raves about how... Read More delicious the food was. During your menu tasting, they adjust the food to however you specify and they make suggestions of food to compliment one another. They work with your budget and they try to be as accommodating as possible. They worked with our venue without any issues and everything went smoothly. Remember, you get what you pay for and this team will not let you down on great service and great food. Thank you Milan Catering for making our day that much better!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Dave M

What a great experience, working with Erin at Milan, to plan and put together an absolutely wonderful reception for my daughter's wedding! Great communication, always asking the right questions, was followed by terrific execution by Roberta, Matt, JJ and the rest of the crew.... Read More The food was delicious and the service was over the top. Milan is a no-brainer for a great wedding day! THANKS!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly F

Milan Catering was simply amazing! Chef Roberta did a fantastic job with our food for our wedding day! We chose a southern theme for our appetizers and entrees and our guests could not stop talking about how good everything was! We also did the Family Style option, which was new... Read More to us and many of our guests, but it worked out perfectly and again, so many compliments on how the food was served. They were also great to make sure we were able to try the appetizers during cocktail hour while we were getting pictures done and even had a small sample plate of apps and dinner entrees for us when we finally sat down for dinner. They were so attentive! We did a tasting a few months before and we thought the food was great then, but it just tasted even better to us the day of our wedding! Milan Catering also did our wedding cake which was Key Lime and Red Velvet, the cake flavors were also a great hit! They even put together this beautiful design that I saw on Pinterest with a gold frosting in the center layer. The cake looked absolutely beautiful! Thanks again Milan Catering!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Mallory B

We used Milan Catering for our wedding - the catering side of the business was nice to work with leading up to the event and Chef Roberta was great. Tasting went well and there were a lot of options to choose from, etc. I did have one issue with the catering on the day of the... Read More wedding though - we had chosen to have the food served family style (which I highly recommend), and we picked 3 entrees (chicken w/ spinach and feta, mahi mahi with vegetables and orzo, and polenta w/ grilled vegetables and rice. However, the day of the wedding all 3 entrees were served w/ the same sides, grilled vegetables and rice (all dishes had the same vegetables, etc) so the only thing that changed was the protein on the dish, which is not what we originally decided on, nor was it what was on the menu at the event or on the contract. No one at the event noticed, and everyone raved about the mahi mahi, but I was disappointed that the dishes did not follow what we had chosen - especially for the price we paid. Other than that the food was good and it was served hot and in a timely manner.

2016-10-24T12:37:32 Response from the vendor

We talked to the bride about her menu. 2 of the 3 dishes had rice and polenta; the third was a vegetarian with vegetables Bit mystifying...

Reviewed on 8/20/2016

Just like everyone says, the food was delicious, the staff very professional and helpful. Just loved their after bites, it was such a fun ending so if you are thinking about something different to do, I would say do the cheesburgers and French fries for the last bites.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Eli A

Food was sophisticated and delicious. You can see that they are passionate about catering. Their staff was generously and tireless in answering all of our questions and guiding us on the unbelievable amount of decisions.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Justmarried2016

Milan Catering was truly a joy to work with - especially with our large wedding reception. Food was delicious, service spot on. Everyone loved the family service. I am so thankful that we changed to this service because everyone had a chance to really enjoy and try all of... Read More the delicious menu items. Even some of our less adventuresome guests kept coming up and telling us how wonderful the food was and that they would have never tried it if not for the platters at the tables. It was really important for us to have a wedding where food was one of the features. Milan delivered and more. I highly recommend them. Your guests will thank you

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 andrew k

Our wedding was a blast, and absolutely gorgeous! We were married in June at the South Florida Museum in Bradenton, and had the reception in the courtyard. Christine was our coordinator, and she went miles to make sure that we had everything we needed and that we didn't worry... Read More at all (and there was definitely potential for rain panic - summer in FL, after all). The food was fabulous - we had dinner served family style, and everyone especially raved in particular about the spinach lasagna. Would definitely recommend Christine and Milan to any couple looking for a beautiful, delicious, and well coordinated wedding.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016

We truly have nothing bad to say. The food is incredible, the service was awesome, our menu was designed perfectly to our tastebuds, and our guests were all happily fed! We chose to do a family style offering which worked out perfectly and was something different for everyone!... Read More Milan Catering is a well oiled machine, they've done hundreds of events making them more than experienced to deliver! Communication was great during planning and again, nothing but positive remarks!