Milan Catering and Event Designs

Serving Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa and Boca

Imagine Perfection with Milan Catering

Milan offers full wedding planning and catering. Our professional chefs cook on-site in mobile kitchens so your menus is delicious, served at the right temperature and plated with fine dining flair. We offer family style, guest choice Tableside and TAPAS. Visit our website for menu ideas.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

4141 S. TAMIAMI TRAIL, SARASOTA, FL Serving Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa and Boca (941) 312-0000

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Monica D

Can't give enough stars to this company and all involved. Chef Roberta and her staff did an amazing job on the food! I had so many guests rave about it being the best meal they had at a wedding. One of the guests actually asked for the salad dressing recipe! Anastasia was... Read More our planner and I was blown away! She was so patient and understanding at the rehearsal, as some of our party arrived late. The day of the wedding, she was the first one at the event and setting up everything exactly as I asked! She was so calm and helpful as a downpour of rain almost changed our entire wedding plans. Fortunately, everything went unhitched thanks to her patience and expertise at facilitating the changes that were needed due to the rain. I highly recommend Milan catering! One of my best choices in planning my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lauren G

Food was amazing for out Boca Grande wedding. Milan brought everything onsite via their food prep truck and tasted list it came out of a 5 star kitchen. All our guests loved every bit of it.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016

Wow!!!!! It's so amazing when you find an honest and tremendous company that exemplifies genuine and sincere love to making sure that you have an amazing wedding. Chef Roberta is simply one of a kind. She has shown and expressed so much generosity towards my wife and I. Her... Read More staff is exceptional to work with and ideally the best in the business hands down. My wife and I got married at the Powell Crosley Estate and we had a vision that we wanted to showcase on our special day and it was tough on our end to get all of that done. Not only, did Chef Roberta guide us in the right direction, but also granted us the wedding of our dreams by bringing our vision into fruition. We can't express how much gratitude and genuine appreciation that we have for her and her staff. Not only was the food soooooooooo good. Again, the food was soooooooooo good that everyone was asking for seconds lol. More so, that was a highlight of the night. All in all, PLEASE, trust in this review that there is "NO COMPANY" better than Milan Catering. Absolutely NO complaints on our end whatsoever. Chose wisely when it comes to your special day. Chose Milan Catering. XOXO.

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Emily M

Let me start off my saying our food was delicious, impromptu day of coordinator did a great job and the venue was beautiful! However, there were some major issues that my husband and I did come across. First of all, we went through 3 day of coordinators...No exaggeration. Our... Read More first day of coordinator was let go from the company due to personal reasons, our second coordinator was switched because I was told she was overwhelmed(after calling and emailing her with no response I finally received a call from the owner), all went well with our 3rd coordinator until the day of the wedding when I was informed she was sick and would no longer be our coordinator. However, her assistant Laurel became our coordinator and she did an outstanding job! When dealing with an out of town wedding, unreliability is the last thing you want to deal with. Also, there were a few other minor issues such as the table numbers being backwards. The tables where our families were sitting were very far us, table one should have been closer and table 12 the furthest from us. Lastly, after requesting 3 vegetarian dishes there were no vegetarian dishes available for those guests. Overall, our wedding was a fantastic time and our guests were very pleased with the food. In all honesty, I don't know if I would use Milan Catering again, when paying well over $10,000 for a service I expect much better. With all of that being said, Roberta, Laurel, Breanna were still great to work with.

2017-03-24T10:48:27 Response from the vendor

I love this review... only because it finally talks about the value of having a company that has multiple wedding and event planners on staff as part of the catering company. Most of our weddings from destination couples are easily booked two years in advance.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Sherri T

Thank you to Milan Catering for making my daughter's wedding such a lovely affair. Chef Roberta did an outstanding job with a fabulous buffet comprised of food with a "tropical/Spanish" vibe. Everything was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. She was so... Read More accommodating during the whole process, which began in August with a tasting. And Anastasia was our "day of" coordinator, and she was so patient and competent - a real asset to Milan's staff. Thank you again for making our wedding party so nice! We will definitely use Milan again for a future event.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Emily D

Milan catering is excellent! Laurel was our day of coordinator who was so great. She came on about two months before our wedding and was wonderful to have. She was extremely responsive and helpful with all questions. On the day of the wedding she was just as great! The food... Read More Milan provided was top notch. We did a menu that was part breakfast. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the different menu and we're raving about the food. Instead of having a wedding cake, we had three family style desserts - chocolate cake, carrot cake, and tiramisu. Everyone loved the desserts and that there was something therefkr everyone to enjoy! Overall, I am beyond pleased with Milan Catering. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Jaime J

Do not even think of hiring them for event coordination! What a nightmare! The turnover within this company is incredible and I was constantly having to start from scratch with new coordinators. I'm note sure what's going on with this company but I hope I can save another bride... Read More from the nightmare of being told you have a new planner just weeks before your big day!

2017-03-15T09:21:00 Response from the vendor

She made my event planner cry... that was at revision 15. To put this in context, our weddings are ususally delivered at revision 4. She never hired full wedding planning, but basically treated our entire company as if she had. Another event planner stepped in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Sarah L

Delicious food! Chef Roberta was incredible! Our tables were set up exactly how I wanted and our guests couldn't stop talking about the food! Thank you for an incredible meal and making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Christi F

Chef Roberta and staff did an outstanding job! The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. In conjunction with Anastasia and the Sarasota Wedding Gallery, our daughter's wedding was spectacular.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Danitza M

Milan Catering is AMAZING! My husband and I are a multi-cultural couple and we really wanted a caterer who could incorporate both Asian and Spanish food into our cocktail and reception menu. Milan Catering did just that and the food was incredible. We still get raves about how... Read More delicious the food was. During your menu tasting, they adjust the food to however you specify and they make suggestions of food to compliment one another. They work with your budget and they try to be as accommodating as possible. They worked with our venue without any issues and everything went smoothly. Remember, you get what you pay for and this team will not let you down on great service and great food. Thank you Milan Catering for making our day that much better!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Dave M

What a great experience, working with Erin at Milan, to plan and put together an absolutely wonderful reception for my daughter's wedding! Great communication, always asking the right questions, was followed by terrific execution by Roberta, Matt, JJ and the rest of the crew.... Read More The food was delicious and the service was over the top. Milan is a no-brainer for a great wedding day! THANKS!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly F

Milan Catering was simply amazing! Chef Roberta did a fantastic job with our food for our wedding day! We chose a southern theme for our appetizers and entrees and our guests could not stop talking about how good everything was! We also did the Family Style option, which was new... Read More to us and many of our guests, but it worked out perfectly and again, so many compliments on how the food was served. They were also great to make sure we were able to try the appetizers during cocktail hour while we were getting pictures done and even had a small sample plate of apps and dinner entrees for us when we finally sat down for dinner. They were so attentive! We did a tasting a few months before and we thought the food was great then, but it just tasted even better to us the day of our wedding! Milan Catering also did our wedding cake which was Key Lime and Red Velvet, the cake flavors were also a great hit! They even put together this beautiful design that I saw on Pinterest with a gold frosting in the center layer. The cake looked absolutely beautiful! Thanks again Milan Catering!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Mallory B

We used Milan Catering for our wedding - the catering side of the business was nice to work with leading up to the event and Chef Roberta was great. Tasting went well and there were a lot of options to choose from, etc. I did have one issue with the catering on the day of the... Read More wedding though - we had chosen to have the food served family style (which I highly recommend), and we picked 3 entrees (chicken w/ spinach and feta, mahi mahi with vegetables and orzo, and polenta w/ grilled vegetables and rice. However, the day of the wedding all 3 entrees were served w/ the same sides, grilled vegetables and rice (all dishes had the same vegetables, etc) so the only thing that changed was the protein on the dish, which is not what we originally decided on, nor was it what was on the menu at the event or on the contract. No one at the event noticed, and everyone raved about the mahi mahi, but I was disappointed that the dishes did not follow what we had chosen - especially for the price we paid. Other than that the food was good and it was served hot and in a timely manner.

2016-10-24T12:37:32 Response from the vendor

We talked to the bride about her menu. 2 of the 3 dishes had rice and polenta; the third was a vegetarian with vegetables Bit mystifying...

Reviewed on 8/20/2016

Just like everyone says, the food was delicious, the staff very professional and helpful. Just loved their after bites, it was such a fun ending so if you are thinking about something different to do, I would say do the cheesburgers and French fries for the last bites.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Eli A

Food was sophisticated and delicious. You can see that they are passionate about catering. Their staff was generously and tireless in answering all of our questions and guiding us on the unbelievable amount of decisions.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Justmarried2016

Milan Catering was truly a joy to work with - especially with our large wedding reception. Food was delicious, service spot on. Everyone loved the family service. I am so thankful that we changed to this service because everyone had a chance to really enjoy and try all of... Read More the delicious menu items. Even some of our less adventuresome guests kept coming up and telling us how wonderful the food was and that they would have never tried it if not for the platters at the tables. It was really important for us to have a wedding where food was one of the features. Milan delivered and more. I highly recommend them. Your guests will thank you

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 andrew k

Our wedding was a blast, and absolutely gorgeous! We were married in June at the South Florida Museum in Bradenton, and had the reception in the courtyard. Christine was our coordinator, and she went miles to make sure that we had everything we needed and that we didn't worry... Read More at all (and there was definitely potential for rain panic - summer in FL, after all). The food was fabulous - we had dinner served family style, and everyone especially raved in particular about the spinach lasagna. Would definitely recommend Christine and Milan to any couple looking for a beautiful, delicious, and well coordinated wedding.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016

We truly have nothing bad to say. The food is incredible, the service was awesome, our menu was designed perfectly to our tastebuds, and our guests were all happily fed! We chose to do a family style offering which worked out perfectly and was something different for everyone!... Read More Milan Catering is a well oiled machine, they've done hundreds of events making them more than experienced to deliver! Communication was great during planning and again, nothing but positive remarks!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Sam G

Wonderful food, wonderful staff.. just a perfect day. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Steph C

A year ago, we attended a wedding where Milan Catering was the caterer, everybody was so wowed by the food, it was an easy decision for us to book Milan. They were fantastic! The food looked like a five star restaurant dinner, every course was served on time and, of course,... Read More delicious. They have a huge selection of menu items, so we were able to really chose our favorite foods for our wedding. Although there was a shift in event staff mid way through the planning, Amanda and her staff never missed a beat. At our wedding, the staff was friendly, courteous and professional. Thank YOU all!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Francesca P

Milan Catering catered our wedding this past February and they did an amazing job! The food was an important priority for us and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious. We opted for family style serving, which was unique and intimate. The guests got to try all the... Read More entrees and they were so impressed especially with the chimichurri steak. Milan Catering also helped secure the tent for the reception and it was so so beautiful. We highly recommend them!

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Liana R

The never-ending pink, red, purple sunset was luck. But the food that every guest said was "the best food" they had ever been served at a wedding, the family style service that every guest said they loved, and the wedding coordination that set a seamless and effortless tone... Read More throughout was not luck. Our perfectly planned and executed wedding was Sarasota Wedding Gallery's coordinator Christine and Milan Catering's Chef Roberta. Christine jumped on board a few months prior, which to be honest, I was a bit nervous about. My husband and I had been planning this wedding for over a year, so we had grown accustomed to the person before her. However, she made my worries disappear with her constant availability, kind and pleasant demeanor, and availability. Christine was so dedicated to our event that she even met me the day after Christmas at the Powel Crosley Estate (our wedding venue - absolute perfection). It was our first time meeting face-to-face (we live in Alexandria, VA), but I immediately felt like we had met before. We did a walk thru of the Estate and detailed where everything would go. She was attentive, focused, and yet incredibly calm. I left the walk-thru trusting her with everything. During our rehearsal a few days later, Christine executed control, structure, and calm - not an easy combination of qualities to achieve. The day of our wedding (12/30/15), Christine displayed the same qualities with an additional quality of situational awareness that made her appear everywhere, at all times, while managing our 120+ person wedding. The funny things is, no one, and I mean no one, noticed her. Christine is an excellent coordinator: one who can remain obscure while controlling all of the moving pieces and keeping the bride and groom calm, nourished, and on schedule. Christine was absolutely amazing. Thank you, Christine! We signed on with Milan Catering immediately after choosing the Estate. Although the Estate had a list of vendors to choose from, Milan was there in-house caterer. They were the first to contact us directly, which is something I appreciate (less work for me). We told them what we were looking for and their ideas, prices, and service options sold us. From our tasting to the day of our event, Milan was perfection. Milan's family style service is something every wedding should incorporate if they want happy guests. Each of our guest tables had three choices (paella, strip loin, and chicken) brought to their tables on a large enough dish that every guest could serve as little or as much as they wanted. In other words, each guest could serve themselves, from their seat, paella (consisting of mussels, shrimp, and big scallops), perfectly cooked rare steak, and the juiciest chicken I've had on top of sides that consisted of saffron rice, potatoes, or veggies. None of our guests had ever experienced the family style service, let alone perfectly executed food at a wedding. All of them said it was the best! And none of them knew that the Estate does not have a kitchen - how they pulled it off, I'll never know, but Milan's staff has true skill and talent! This is a long review, but Christine and Milan deserve it and more (I will send them a gift soon). Their knowledge of and comfort with the venue, and their talent, skill, and incredible staff make them an easy choice if getting married in the Sarasota/Tampa area. Our wedding will go down in history as the best wedding our guests have ever been to thanks to them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Barb I

My husband and I are both in the resturant business as chefs. We had orginally planned our reception at a Pervuian restuarant which closed 6 weeks prior to our wedding. Milan stepped in, recreated the menu that we had originally decided upon and added some tropical twists... Read More which turned out to be better than we had planned. Everything was fantastic. They are truly professionals. Hire them!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Rachel O

These reviews are true... the guests are still raving about the food. Staff was so helpful. LOVED Chef Roberta's creativity on offering Southern specialites that gave our destination guests a taste of Florida. As always, a special thanks to everyone at Milan

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Em R

Still raving about the food from Milan. Everyone loved the ceviche and the ahi tuna tacos. We used them for bar service; bartenders were super professional and fast! Servers were fast as well, our dinner was served so fast that every table had their dinner and were eating at... Read More the same time instead of waiting and others getting up. Definitely should be your caterer