Minneapolis Event Centers

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Tented

Planning

212 2nd Street SE, Minneapolis, MN (612) 564-3777

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Adrienne G

Headline: We loved everything about our wedding, venue included. The space is beautiful (we got married in the Riverside), and the venue was open to any idea I had about how to use the space. We also had a large guest list of about 250, but the room still felt very intimate and... Read More special during the ceremony and reception. It was nice to have a venue that took care of catering and provides a coordinator for the process, as well. Guests loved the food! The thing that keeps this from being 5 stars was just some short-comings in terms of our coordinating team on the day-of. During the wedding and reception, there were a few times when I, as the bride, should have been just along for the ride. But I felt like my wedding party or I had to take on giving people direction or making things happen - ushers not knowing where to go, family not knowing about the processional, bartenders not being ready or having enough of them, keeping bathrooms tidy during the reception. I was honestly happy to keep things moving and to an extent, that's what your bridesmaids are there to help with! Overall, I think this is an excellent venue and we're so happy we ended up here. Just be ready to take charge a bit in the process.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Kristina T

Best venue, best staff! We can't imagine our day any where else!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Laura F

Absolutely wonderful! Niki was fantastic as was all of the staff. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

Sound quality and acoustics are perfect for music and voice. Physical layout is excellent for flow and comfort. Customer service and responsiveness topped the charts for our event. MEC is modern, sleek, clean of line and well laid out. In a comfortable neighborhood with easy... Read More parking. Thanks Kerry and staff for rising to every challenge and meeting every request. MEC is a relatively new venue in the Twin Cities but I've seen many, and this place is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

Unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Cortney D

The moment we stepped in to the Minneapolis Event Center, we were sold - the venue was incredible! The staff were so easy to work with, accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning and our big day. We had our entire wedding, from ceremony to dinner and... Read More dancing, at MEC and it was perfect. Guests raved about the venue and the amazing food! We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding and we highly recommend MEC for your event.

Perfect Night!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Angela R

From the second I walked in the Minneapolis Event Center I knew that was where I wanted to have our wedding. The venue is stunning! It is the perfect mix of modern mixed with exposed wood beams, brick walls and the classic feel of St. Anthony Main. The venue is so gorgeous... Read More that there is no need to go all out with decorations. Kerry was our wedding coordinator leading up to the wedding and on the day of. She was so professional, and an absolute breeze to work with. If I had any questions or concerns she would address them and provided great advice. She definitely knows what she's doing! They have the option to do the wedding ceremony outside on their patio or indoors. We opted for outdoors and it was beautiful. We chose to do dinner stations instead of a formal sit down dinner. MEC caters the food out of an on site kitchen. The food was AMAZING! We heard nothing but positive things about the food and the idea of doing food stations. Our guests raved all night and in the following weeks about the dinner experience. I truly can't say enough about how wonderful MEC, Kerry and the rest of the staff were to work with. There is not one thing we would change about our wedding day, it was absolutely perfect! If we had to do it all over again, we would choose MEC.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 8/04/2014

Our daughter's wedding reception was at Minneapolis Event Center on August 2. Everything was amazing - the staff is wonderful to work with; the food was great and the facility is a good mix between the historic feel of the building and the contemporary furnishings and colors.

Amazing night!

Reviewed on 11/01/2013 Sarah

The Fine Line staff were very knowledge, and eager to help at any point throughout the day. The service was speedy and very pleasant. Received many compliments from the staff all night about how fun they were having, even while working, and how impressed they were with how... Read More smoothly the night went.