Mirage Artistic Photography

New York, New Jersey and Staten Island areas

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Belleville, NJ New York, New Jersey and Staten Island areas (908) 666-2052

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Gabrielle B

Like many others below I am giving 1 star because I have to in order to leave a comment. Our wedding was 09/24/16 and like everyone else recommends STAY AWAY FROM JORGE! I still have yet to receive my pictures, album or video. I have been told he was sick, he was in the hospital... Read More and so on and was very understanding. The last I heard from Jorge my things were on their way and would take 4-6 weeks. That was in March... it is now the end of June and I have nothing. Not only do I have nothing but Jorge has ignored ALL of my attempts to reach him. I have emailed multiple email addresses- one's which he has replied to in the past- and even sent him messages on Instagram. He has yet to respond. I'm writing this review now because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but as it seems he is a scam artist with no intention of helping any of us. Also I heard he is still booking clients and when asked about the negative reviews he is telling them, " he went through a rough spot but is in contact with all of them working on getting them their items." NEWS TO ME SINCE HE STILLLLLLL HAS NOT RESPONDED. I will be filing a claim with NJ consumer affairs and also filing a claim with small claims court. Best of luck to everyone, like us, that fell for his scam. I hope no one else has to go through this! These are your memories and if you book with Jorge you'll never have them!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Chanda S

They were awful!! The pictures were terrible and we never received our video. All their business numbers are disconnected and Emails have gone unanswered. We where clearly scammed.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017

We are currently in the process of filing a police report. This man is a blatant con-artist.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Steve L

Worst experience ever! Our wedding will never have nice pictures, except from relatives! YES our relatives took better pictures than he did! He not only did terrible shots but also was often by the bar. Its all fake his company, we regret so much for trying to save few hundred... Read More dollars because his prices were much better than others, but his work... he just does not give a s##t !! Our wedding was so nice, but now only its in our memories, not on the pictures or video.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017

Jorge, started out really good working with us and things have gone downhill. We have paid in full for our product and we have yet to receive our photos. We received a video, a rough draft, but nothing as of yet. Please, do your research! Although we were referred to Mirage,... Read More I must say our experience has been very disenchanting. Beware! June & Olu

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Anonymousbride B

Please do yourself a favor and stay away! JORGE IS A SCAM ARTIST!!! When you first meet Jorge, he is the best! He does everything for you and makes sure you are taken care of. We were very pleased with Jorge up until our wedding day. Jorge wanted us to pay him in full before the... Read More big day and we did. After our wedding was over, we didnt receive our wedding video. It's been 9 months since our wedding and we have gotten excuses after excuses. For the past couple of months we haven't even heard from Jorge. He doesn't answer calls, EMAILS, or texts. We are now stuck without a wedding video. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 max r

Jorge is a scam artist. He hires other photographers and does not pay them. He stiffed me and won't return emails or phone calls for months now. I posted about him in a photographers group on Facebook and have had 10 different people contact me to say he's ripped them off too.... Read More Don't trust this guy, he'll scam you too.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 max r

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Maria T

I never leave reviews for anything, but I have to for this company. Stay away!!! Please do yourself the favor. Very unprofessional. Been stressful trying to reach the owner Jorge. He Replies with excuses. We even paid in full trusting he would do the job. We were wrong with... Read More choosing him. Save your money and go with someone else. No bride and groom should have to deal with this. We are so hurt we have nothing to show from our big day. We have been nothing but patience waiting for our photo album, short clip and video of the wedding. He misrepresented us with his services.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Shane M

Jorge is a scam artist. Hired me (camera op) to shoot 2 weddings with him a few months ago, then started giving me all sorts of excuses and lies for payment delays, then just stopped replying. After some research I found out he has done this to others as well. This guy has no... Read More morals, scams people for free labor and talks shit about the couples behind their back.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Rebecca S

Jorge and his assistant did a wonderful job photographing our wedding day. The pictures came out lovely and I am grateful for each one! Jorge made both my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera (we're not too crazy about being the center of attention!) but he made... Read More us laugh and have fun throughout the process. He arrived in a timely manner, and I was impressed with how discrete he was both at the church and during the reception. Jorge has a creative eye and mind and takes really unique shots, which we admire. I am so thankful for the beautiful photos Jorge and his assistant took for us on our special day. He captured moments that we will always look back on and cherish. Thank you to the Mirage team!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Sarah A

Jorge and his team are the best people to work with! They captured our wedding day (10/11/15) so beautifully and made it the best experience! We got our pictures online within 2 weeks, and received our highlight video 3 weeks after our wedding! Jorge took our engagement... Read More pictures as well, and helped style the most beautiful save the date magnet. He made the planning process for the day of very easy and everything flowed effortlessly. My husband and I referred Jorge and Mirage to a few of our friends , and they booked him for their wedding. We HIGHLY recommend Jorge and Mirage! Best work, best customer service , best people, best value! I hope to use Jorge and his team in the future for other events! Thanks Jorge!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Molly H

Jorge is such a sweetheart! From the minute I spoke to him on the phone I was confident in my decision. We booked last minute and I didn't have time to meet him in person before my big day, but his professionalism came across on the phone and via email. Him and his team were... Read More punctual, very receptive and so sweet. I just received my trailer and am absolutely in love with it. Totally surpassed all of my expectations! They captured my day beautifully and now I can relive the best day ever, forever! Definitely do yourself a favor and hire these guys-you won't regret it!

More than Professional!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 Jonah A

Jorge, is the best wedding photographer ever. More than professional and it was a great pleasure to work with Mirage Artistic Photography from beginning to end. Our photo shoot was so much fun and Jorge and his team made our wedding more interesting. He captured everything... Read More perfectly, especially in our special time. In a word everyone from Mirage Artistic Photography were helpful, friendly and cooperative. They did everything within my limited budget.

Awesome Photos & Easy to work with

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Jorge, the Photographer of Mirage Artistic is such a great person to work with. While most photographers can become annoying we found Jorge and his assistant to be a pure pleasure to work with. He did our wedding on 10/17/14 and we could not be happier with how he handled every... Read More situation. Friendly, funny and unique! Looking forward to seeing the complete package, but we have no doubt that we will love what he does and look forward to using his services again! Highly recommended, wonderful personality and different & unique photos!!

2015-05-16T07:03:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much it was truly a pleasure to be a part of your day :) XOXO Jorge

Fun & Professional!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Belinda L

We used Jorge's services for our engagement shoot, photography, & videography. He did not disappoint! We had a VERY EARLY start on our wedding day and he was on time, in great spirits and ready to capture our day. Also, during the months leading up to our day (and even after)... Read More any question via email, call or text, he's replies right away. That's not something you can say for many people and we really appreciated the attention. Long story short, Our wedding day was amazing and he captured every moment :)

2015-05-16T07:04:51 Response from the vendor

:) love you guys!!!

I love them

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kelly C

Words cannot describe how great Jorge and his staff are. You would be foolish to go with anyone else... Most charge double for the services he provides and are not even half as good

2015-05-16T07:05:41 Response from the vendor

Aww... will see u again soon my dear!! Thanks for everything :)

Most fantastic team!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Jorge and his team were absolutely incredible! From our engagement photos to our wedding day, he far surpassed our expectations. His team struck the perfect balance of professionalism and personality. They made us feel as though they truly cared about it, and went above and... Read More beyond to make sure our day was perfect. All of our guests were astonished by his work product, including the video he put together on sight of our day of preparations and wedding ceremony, which was shown at the end of our wedding. We could not have asked for a better team!

2015-05-16T07:05:59 Response from the vendor

Keep his contact info! Youll want to hire him for other occasions.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Victoria M

Jorge has done pictures for our wedding as well as baby pictures. He has a good eye for setting up beautiful shots that don't look unnatural. Very professional and friendly. We will definitely hire him again.

2015-05-16T07:06:24 Response from the vendor

Looking forward to seeing you again :)

Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Amanda S

Jorge and his staff were amazing. We booked 2 photographer and 2 videographers with Mirage. From the first time my husband and I met with Jorge we knew he had to be out photographer. We went down the shore for our engagement shoot and i was floored by what a fantastic job he... Read More did. I couldn't wait to see what a great job him and his staff would do on our wedding day. The staff was amazing. They made everyone feel comfortable and they had lots of fun with us. I received about 60 photos of my wedding that night as a teaser and a video trailer about 2 weeks later. We were so happy with what we had seen. I received all of my photos via a secured website right away and I love every photo taken. If your looking for a professional and fun group of people, look no further. I would recommend them to anyone. With all the amazing photos and videos, I can relive the best day of my life over and over. Thank you Mirage for allowing me to do that

Our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 stacy

Jorge was great from the get go! Very professional and upfront and honest about everything. His staff was also great. Jorge and his staff were on time for the wedding. They were very understanding that we wanted to eat and be with our guests during the cocktail hours and... Read More reception and they worked around that and were still able to get all the shots in that we wanted to have taken. We highly reccomend Jorge and his staff for your wedding! We can't wait to see all the photos and of course the video! We saw some already on his facebook page and they look amazing! Thanks! Stacy and Michael Wolf

2015-05-16T07:07:01 Response from the vendor

U Guys are Amazing!!! will be seeing you soon!! :)

Pictures from a magazine!!!!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Melissa H

Jorge from the very beginning "GOT IT"(and me). I wanted candid, as well as standard family shots, with great backgrounds and essentially everything to look as though it would appear on the cover of Vogue - you know I just wanted the standard "everything" (HA)- and guess what???... Read More I GOT IT!!!! Jorge listened to us, gave advise and made it happen!!! Thanks Jorge, from the bottom of our hearts for giving us memories that truly surpassed our expectations :) If your looking for a photographer that will surely caputure moments that even you didn't know took place then Mirage Artistic Photograpy is the company and person you want!!!!

2015-05-16T07:07:37 Response from the vendor

Fantastic!! You guys are the best!! Thank you

Wonderful job!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Robin

Jorge was very professional, we connected from the start. He was prompt & on point from my prep photos to our reception photos. My husband has a large family, Jorge worked with their many different personally to capture a wonderful family portrait, prior to the wedding... Read More ceremony. Actually, it was Jorge's idea, my hubby has 8 siblings and they haven't taken photos together professionally since childhood. Our wedding photos, reception photos & portrait photos are all amazing. My wedding day was wonderful & beautiful, Jorge capture every moment for us. Thanx Jorge for making my dream wedding look so beautiful!

2015-05-16T07:07:55 Response from the vendor

Love

Reviewed on 2/14/2014 Jury D

Jorge was great to us he did our Engagement Photo and we had so much fun that day he made us feel comfortable. And when we were able to see the photo's forget it they came out great everyone loved them you can see from the photo's how much fun and in love we are can't wait for... Read More him to photography our wedding and video this May.

2015-05-16T07:08:21 Response from the vendor

Aww!!!

Amazing Photographers!

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Nataly A

I just saw my wedding pictures....words can't describe how wonderful Mirage is! The pictures came out absolutely AMAZING! I've gotten SO many compliments and people already are asking how they can order the pictures! Jorge and Bob were excellent throughout the day, making sure... Read More everything went smoothly. Jorge helped me out with other stuff too! He should have his own wedding planning company :) I definately recommend Mirage Artistic Photo. You will have a blast with them and love the photos you get.‎