The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A fine historic building with a rich history, Missouri Athletic Club is located in St. Louis, Missouri. Built more than 100 years ago, it's widely regarded as one of the premier athletic, dining and social clubs in the region and is popular with sports professionals and major civic leaders.

St. Louis is one of the largest cities in the state, with a huge service industry and a thriving tourism industry. This ensures that there are plenty of transportation links that make traveling to Missouri Athletic Club a breeze. With a fine light rail and subway system, four interstate highways and two major airports nearby, guests are sure to find their way to the venue no matter where they are traveling from.

The club itself is extremely impressive. Awarded 'platinum club' status in 2000, it's one of only 150 private clubs from around the country to receive this prestigious award. Renovated again in 2004, it is a marvelous venue that's guaranteed to ensure the bride and groom enjoy an idyllic wedding reception.

is the primary event space for proceedings at the Missouri Athletic Club. Suitable for both wedding ceremonies and receptions, it's a stunning ballroom with a classically elegant appeal. Wonderfully decorated with high ceilings, hanging chandeliers and huge mirrors, it's a superb airy venue space with enough room to seat up to 400 guests comfortably.

The Missouri Athletic Club provides the bride and groom with a personal event manager who assists them throughout the planning process. A typical ceremony lasts for a full evening, with two hours set aside for an extravagant meal. Guests who wish to enjoy alcohol will be happy to know that there is also a four-hour open bar included in the standard price.

A three-course meal is the typical wedding dining option, but other choices are available should the happy couple wish it. There is a massive menu available with enough items that each guest is sure to find something suitable for their tastes. A custom wedding cake is also provided courtesy of the Missouri Athletic Club's own talented pastry chef.

White linens, fine china, glassware and all tables, chairs, bars and risers are provided, as is complimentary parking in the garage. Third-party caterers are permitted, as the club has a superb selection of full-time kitchen staff members on hand to provide the food.

An extravagant wedding venue that's sure to please every couple, the Missouri Athletic Club also offers some additional benefits to guests, including:

• Shuttle service available for the wedding party
  • On-site hotel room blocks available at a discount to guests
  • Champagne toast provided at no additional cost

Classically Elegant at the Historic MAC

When brides, grooms, and their families look for a classically elegant setting and high-quality experience to host a wedding or a reception, the aesthetics and service of the Missouri Athletic Club far exceed expectations.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

405 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 539-4470
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Courtney R

We had our wedding at the MAC the other weekend, and it exceeded all of my expectations. Not only is the venue itself absolutely breathtaking, but the service was everything that I could ask for. Terri is fabulous to work with. She made sure our day was absolutely perfect, and... Read More the MAC staff went over the top to make sure we were taken care of!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Chelsea O

We had our wedding here on 7/23/16 and I am not lying when I say that people are still talking about it! Everything about our day at the MAC was perfect. It is a breathtaking venue and the MAC staff is excellent in every way. Terry took care of our every need and made sure all... Read More of my questions were answered (and there was alot of them)! The food is fabulous and my custom cake was stunning. My reception went off without a hitch and I would recommend the MAC to anyone!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Hannah S

We absolutely loved having our ceremony and reception here! Linda was amazing and answered every question plus more we had. She was there the night before and the day of the wedding to ensure everything went according to plan - and it went off without a hitch! The wedding was... Read More gorgeous and our guests and is really enjoyed the evening here - wouldn't have had it any other way!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Lauren H

We were so happy with the Missouri Athletic Club for our reception. The food was delicious, the venue was gorgeous and the service was fabulous. People have not stopped talking about our wedding and how it was so elegant and fun. The staff was so accommodating. We had a few... Read More concerns initially after the first tasting, but the team listened and recovered 200%! We ended up serving a surf and turf with scallops and fillet mignon and the meat was so tender people were saying you could cut it with a fork. The scallops were large and succulent. We had the venue do our cake as well in house, and I've never tasted a wedding cake that I wanted to eat another piece of before this one! The chef outdid himself! The aesthetics of the venue were perfection as well. The event was so elegant and the room and lighting complimented the flowers and all the other rentals. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you to Linda and the MAC team!

2016-09-07T10:20:30 Response from the vendor

Thank You L! We truly had so much fun doing your wedding! Our team talked about it for days. I loved watching you all throughout the night - everyone was glowing. It is the most incredible feeling to see everyone so happy!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Kimmy F

The Missouri Athletic Club was the most AWESOME place to hold a wedding reception!!!!! We cannot say enough about the venue, the staff, the food, the hotel....EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!! Linda Soncasie was our gal in charge and from the get go ...to the grand finish...she was on... Read More top of it all and worked sooooo hard to make it the best day ever!!! She saw to every detail, stayed so late the day before the wedding to help us with things that had come up with the wedding (helped solve glitches that had arisen with our luncheon that was not even affiliated with the MAC). She was also there working tirelessly the day of the wedding, setting up things to make sure they were just how we wanted them....and I watched her oversee the reception and staff, late into the evening!! How do we put this all in one paragraph!! Maybe the best way to review is to include a quote from one of our guests, (who by the way is a caterer!!!) " This was the BEST wedding I have ever attended....even better than my own daughter's...the attention to detail, the FOOD...BEST STEAK I HAVE EVER HAD, the cake was second to none, friendly staff, so welcoming, beautiful venue, we danced ALL night...and it was just downright FUN!" We are so, so glad that we booked the MAC and the memories will keep us smiling....FOREVER!!!

2016-06-23T11:26:57 Response from the vendor

You were awesome to work with! I so wanted your special day to be perfect and am glad it was!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Jenny T

My husband and I just celebrated our third anniversary, and we still look back on our wedding as the "best day ever." Much of that was due to the fact that the MAC staff made planning our reception a BREEZE. Linda was incredible to work with -- she had every detailed covered... Read More so we were able to relax and truly enjoy the day. There was truly not a single moment of stress. Not to mention, it was the best brunch we ever tasted...and the top layer of our wedding cake was still just as delicious when we un-thawed it and ate it on our first anniversary!

2016-06-23T11:25:08 Response from the vendor

Awwe...Thanks Dan and Jenny. My whole office still talks about how sweet you were to work with - and your cake topper!

Bride

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Kristin M

COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A MORE BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY!!!! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. THE MAC AND ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE INCREDIBLE. We worked closely with Terri, and she worked so hard to make everything that we wanted possible!!! It was beautiful and we are forever grateful... Read More and appreciative of such an amazing venue and the individuals who work there!!! Thanks again MAC you are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Ariana S

We LOVED having our wedding at the MAC! The venue is absolutely beautiful, the food is fabulous, the attention to detail superb, and the prices not as bad as you would think. Linda is wonderful to work with, very organized and matter-of-fact. She has tons of experience and... Read More can help you bring your vision to life. We only have positive things to say and truly wish we could live our wedding day at the MAC over and over.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Victoria W

I feel in love with the MAC when I was looking at in online. The main ballroom is gorgeous and one of my favorite parts is that everything is included for one price; appetizers, bar, food, cake, glasses, silverware, china, etc. There were no surprise fees like "cake cutting" or... Read More "corkage" or clean up fees which was amazing! Linda was so easy to work with and dealt with me emailing and asking if I could stop by and look at something or show someone the rooms. All of the food was amazing, the drinks were great and the cake awesome! We had so many compliments from our guests both during and after our event. I wouldn't change anything.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Erin W

I grew up in the Missouri Room, going to events such as the Easter Brunch, Mother's Day, Dad and Daughter Dance, etc. so deciding to have my wedding there was an easy one. I cannot express in enough words how amazing everything was. From the wedding coordinating to the... Read More food/drinks and overall, environment, it was a fairy tale. Linda and her team are incredible and I highly recommend the MAC to anyone who wants a classic, fun wedding that people will be talking about for years.

Missouri Athletic Club- Amazing Event

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

The MAC knows how to put on an event. The event was a five star event. Our day could not have been more perfect thanks to the MAC. Throughout the planning process, Linda, our wedding planner through the MAC made everything run smoothly which allowed us to be stress free. She... Read More was confident and had the answers to any question we had. The entire staff involved in the wedding: the servers, planners, bartenders, service desk, etc. provided five star service to our guests throughout the entire evening. We would highly recommend the MAC for any event, especially a wedding reception. If you choose the MAC you will not be disappointed! We are so grateful to them for making our day the best day of our lives :)

Perfect Wedding at the MAC!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Erin T

I cannot recommend the MAC highly enough! The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The majority of our wedding guests were from out of town so I wanted to find a venue that could accommodate both the ceremony and reception, as well as be accessible to hotels for those that would be... Read More without a car. The MAC delivered! Working with staff was fun and easy. They really take care of everything! The space looked gorgeous and all of our guests kept saying that each room was more gorgeous than the other. We had a few specific requests for how to set up the ceremony and they were incredibly accommodating. The food was delicious and hot when served and the staff were attentive and absolutely delightful. With catering being onsite, the tables, chairs, linens, and china being provided and the space being so beautiful to begin with, we really didn't need to do much or hire outside vendors. It made the planning so easy and the day of, I had no worries at all. It could not have been more perfect of a day. I highly recommend the MAC!

Still smiling about our daughter's wedding reception at the MAC

Reviewed on 7/11/2014

In June we had the pleasure of hosting our daughter's wedding reception at the MAC. We had a year long delightful experience from start to finish, working with Linda, our coordinator at the MAC. Her professionalism, expertise, guidance and sense of humor both represented the... Read More MAC well and assisted us in enjoying both the process of planning and the actual evening to the fullest. Here is a sampling of the comments we have received from our guests: "I have come to expect usual wedding food, but this food was exceptional, and the service was even better." "I asked our server for the alternate cake flavor while I was standing, visiting another table, and he set it by my place right away, knowing where I was seated without me telling him." "The steak melted in my mouth" - heard this from multiple guests. "I went to check on my son's meal when it was served (a meal prepared for a guest allergic to nuts and dairy) and Linda was already there, making sure everything was just right for him." "The chef made a special effort to provide the bride her own special salad since she could not enjoy the one served to the guests" (without us requesting) "The salmon was wonderful" "Where did you get the cake?- it was so good" (it was from the MAC) "The room was so beautiful" "Amazing that dinner for 225 was served, enjoyed, and cleared in one hour so that the dancing could begin." "The acoustics in the room are great- the dance floor was still full at 11:30 when the party ended." "The groom's family and friends are still talking about what amazing time they had in St. Louis at the fabulous MAC" As the parents of the bride, we were able to fully enjoy our evening, knowing that every detail was being handled by the gracious MAC staff. In our opinion, the MAC is the best place in St. Louis to host a wedding reception.

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Lauren K

We got married at the Missouri Athletic Club this past July. The catering manager, Linda, was so wonderful to work with. She was on top of everything and had great suggestions. The entire staff made planning my wedding at the MAC so enjoyable and exciting. I had the cocktail... Read More hour downstairs in the Art Gallery and then the reception upstairs in the Ballroom. The night was very elegant and so beautiful! The food and cake was delicious and exactly how I wanted it. The Ballroom is gorgeous with the chandeliers, the windows, the mirrors, the balcony, and the overall character of the room makes the it just breathe taking. Most of my guests said it was by far the nicest wedding they have ever been to. Everything went just as planned and then some. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely chose the MAC again!!

Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Kathleen A

We had our wedding at the MAC in June 2013. It was wonderful and the MAC could not have done a better job. Our family and friends are still talking about how great the reception was! We worked with Linda in catering, Terri in event planning, and Zach in room sales. From the... Read More beginning Terri, Linda, and Zach were there to answer all of our questions, make any changes, and handle special requests - all in a timely manner. From the food, cake, layout, hotel accommodations, and service - it was perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend the MAC.

Wouldn't Change a Thing!

Reviewed on 3/22/2013 Lindsey L

It was a no-brainer to host our wedding reception here since my husband’s family had been members for over thirty years, however I would highly recommend it to any couple. Between the AMAZING STAFF, comfortable and clean guest rooms and stunning atmosphere, it exceeded all of... Read More our expectations. The Missouri Ballroom is such an elegant space on its own, we had to do very little to make it the destination for our dream wedding. While the appearance of the venue speaks for itself, I just want to reinforce again how wonderful the staff was. From Linda, our wedding coordinator, who made sure every last detail was covered, to the kitchen staff who prepared the delicious appetizers, dinner and wedding cake, to the service staff who helped us move our day-of hair and makeup session to the ladies lockeroom, everyone was extremely friendly, professional and accommodating. The MAC gets our highest praise and recommendation.

Better than what I imagined!

Reviewed on 5/12/2012 Jessica H

At first there was some confusion and misunderstandings, but you're going to have that while planning a wedding. When I stepped into the ballroom the night of my wedding, I literally gasped. Everything was gorgeous! The architecture and the chandeliers looked old-world and so... Read More romantic. The tables were all professionally set. I cannot say enough about the staff. From the coordinator to the serving staff- everyone is so friendly and accommodating. I loved this venue and wish I can do it again!

Beautiful Ballroom!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Meghan O

Beautiful ballroom and great service. Loved having our wedding here and will remember for years to come!

Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Kim E

This place knows how to throw a big event. Everything was taken care of and I didn't know about any of the problems. Linda, the onsite coordinator, made it unnecessary to hire a wedding coordinator. She to took care of everything. She answered all my emails and questions in a... Read More timely manner. She organized all of my vendors before and day of. She was great. I had my ceremony here as well. It was in the same ballroom as my reception. We had a cocktail hour in between downstairs in the art gallery and they flipped the room, effortlessly. The meal was delicious, warm and served with white glove service. Everyone was friendly. I heard no one ever had to ask for more water or wine....it was already there. I highly recommend the Missouri Athletic Club for your wedding venue.

Fabulous & Elegant!

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Amie D

We had our reception at the MAC-downtown in July. It was so gorgeous! We worked with Linda, the catering manager who really knows her stuff! Every recommendation she makes is based upon experience rather than opinion. We stayed at the MAC the night before the wedding and all of... Read More our guests enjoyed being able to go their rooms after the reception was over.

Best Place in Town!

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Erin C

We got married at the Missouri Athletic Club on September 25th. I couldn't ask for a better venue, better food or better service. Linda, the catering manager, was wonderful. They made this process so easy and I am very happy that I choose the MAC

Elegant and makes the day simple

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Laura M

I chose the M.A.C. because it had a lot of meaning to my family and me. I didn't realize how wonderful they would be to work with. They made the entire event easy and elegant. I would highly recommend the facility due to food, service, and value. We had several comments from... Read More guests that the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. They made my whole night wonderful.

Review for Missouri Athletic Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Constance B

The brunch menu was excellent. With lots of fresh fruit and options for guests that prefer not to eat meat or red meat. The locations is downtown and the venue included complimentary garage parking.;The service was great. My ceromony was down stairs in the Art lounge and the... Read More reception was upstairs in the ballroom. Its the perfect location for a no fuss wedding downtown.

Review for Missouri Athletic Club

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Laura L

I loved everything. The building had character and beauty, and rooms at the reception site for overnight guests. The service, food and drinks were wonderful. With the site's event manager, I didn't worry about anything. The cost was very reasonable and the cake, which was... Read More awesome and gorgeous and they created off of a design I sketched myself, was even included.;As a club, I don't know if non-members could hold an event there.

Rating for Missouri Athletic Club

Reviewed on 8/26/2007 Beth M

Meet The Director of Catering

Linda Soncasie

Linda joined the Missouri Athletic Club staff in 1988 and has more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry. She is an expert wedding planner. Linda is in charge of meetings, banquets and weddings at the Missouri Athletic Club's Downtown Clubhouse. She has an attention to detail and a flair for making special occasions memorable.