Mitch the Minister

New Jersey (north of Atlantic City), Eastern PA, and NY.

Over 20 years - over 2200 weddings..and counting

A ceremony is the central event in all the happiness and celebration that surrounds your day. My goal is to make everyone laugh, everyone cry and to put everyone in the mood to go to a party. Your wedding ceremony should reflect who you are. I never marry strangers, so meeting is an important part of the process to create your perfect ceremony. It should be unique as you are. I hate dull ceremonies. Let's make your ceremony a celebration! Together, we can create a wedding ceremony, customized just for you, with memories that will last forever. Please don't send messages to me through The Knot. Please mail me directly at [email protected]

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Ceremony, Wedding

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

70 Oneida Avenue, Oakland, NJ New Jersey (north of Atlantic City), Eastern PA, and NY. (201) 410-6834

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Martyna R

Mitch was AMAZING! I am so happy we contacted him to be our officiant for our wedding! He was a pleasure to work with. He is so funny and easy going. We've been to so many weddings where the ceremonies are stiff and drawn out. Our ceremony was fun! Full of laughter, tears, and... Read More special moments. It was quick but so memorable. All of our guests said he was awesome! I would highly recommend Mitch to any couple who is looking for an officiant. He was great! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Kelley C

Growing a relationship over 3000 miles apart, with people in two different countries that met in a third country, is not easy feat, but we passed that test with flying colors! When it came to planning a wedding with the same situation, we knew we would just have to approach it... Read More the same way! We were so lucky to find Mitch through our photographer, because he was nothing short of incredible. On the most special day of your lives, you want to have only the best on your side, and that's exactly what every one of our vendors was! Mitch made sure our ceremony, which incorporated people from two countries, a child from a previous marriage, dogs walking down the aisle, and a memorial for a beloved grandparent that passed unexpectedly a few months before, went as close to perfect as it could have! The perfect length, mix of romance and humor, and a whole lot of love, we have gotten SO many compliments on how amazing our ceremony was! Thank you, Mitch, for making our fairytale wedding stress free and memorable in all the right ways! We appreciate it more than you know! Mr. & Mrs. Davy <3

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Amy R

We're still receiving compliments on our ceremony done by Mitch!! We learned about Mitch through The Knot and the reviews could not have been more accurate. His approach is unique, lighthearted, yet meaningful and special. He made our NYE ceremony so special and everyone loved... Read More him! THANK YOU MITCH!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Kim R

Mitch made our wedding process so easy and everything turned out wonderful. The ceremony was lighthearted and funny, yet serious enough so that everyone felt the love that we feel. Our guests enjoyed it and we loved working with Mitch. We would recommend him to any couple.

2017-11-30T15:01:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was great being a small part of your incredible day. I wish you both the best of everything! Mitch

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kelly W

Mitch was the perfect fit to our wedding. My husband and I are different religions, and we wanted to find a middle ground. Mitch did exactly that. He focused on the traditions and really spoke about what a marriage should be. Not only did he make us cry, he made us laugh. During... Read More the cocktail hour, person after person told us how much they enjoyed our ceremony. It was the perfect way to kick off an amazing night. Mitch, Jason and I thank you!!

2017-11-28T17:32:20 Response from the vendor

You two make such a great couple. I was thrilled to be a part of your wonderful day. I knew when we first met that this was going to be fun. You have the wonderful mix of joy and romance. I wish you a long... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Lisa M

After reading all the reviews and seeing how highly recommended Mitch is, my fiance and I decided to go with him. BIG MISTAKE! He actually asked for the remainder of his money during the ceremony, before he announced us husband and wife, we could not believe how tacky that was... Read More especially because he was in the bridal suite for at least a half hour prior and could have asked then or right after. He also made a huge deal about the weather being too cold for us to get married outside and kept joking about it during the ceremony. Mind you, the venue had outdoor heaters and nobody complained about the 55 degree night but him. He made our ceremony a huge joke, it felt like we were at his comedic stand up performance and not at our own wedding. I also think he was entirely disrespect to my groom. He kept making horrible jokes insinuating the groom was stupid. The ceremony was by far the worst part of our entire night, I wish I could do that part all over again. For the high price he charges compared to other officients, he's not worth it.

2017-11-25T21:56:23 Response from the vendor

Lisa and Jayson, I am so sorry you felt as if you made a mistake in hiring me. I feel that a whispered comment "I forgot to ask for the balance of my fee. I'll follow you up to the bridal suite" isn't quite a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Jennifer S

Wow, Mitch made our ceremony so unique and special. We did not want a long, drawn out, boring, traditional ceremony. Mitch made our ceremony so personal and enjoyable. It was an absolute pleasure to hear Mitch speak from the heart. It really made our ceremony something we... Read More will never forget. Thanks Mitch!! TIP: Interview with him once, and you will see why you NEED him to conduct your ceremony.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Chris M

My wife and I- and the guests at our wedding- absolutely loved Mitch! He had such a perfect balance of sentimental words with a light-hearted and spirited tone. He made us all laugh and cry, and we can't thank him enough for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Courtney H

Mitch was one of the best vendors we worked with. All our guests loved him and we are still hearing from people about how great he was. Mitch was engaging and put us at ease during the entire ceremony. Some ceremonies are boring and you hear the exact same poems but with Mitch... Read More we got the exact ceremony we wanted, personal and heartfelt. Very easy to work with even when we had to move our wedding 40 miles away two months prior.

2017-11-03T21:26:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an honor to be a part of your wonderful day. I wish you both years and years of love and joy. - Mitch

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Joanna D

Amazing! Got married in April & people are still talking about the wedding. He added personal touches and a hint of comedy that was incredible.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Dana R

Mitch was great!! We absolutely loved him at my brother and sister-in-laws wedding in 2014 and when the time came around we knew we had to have him marry us! The day of the wedding he arrived with time to sign all the documents and make us feel at ease. The ceremony was... Read More absolutely perfect and our guest couldn't stop talking about how much they loved it! Mitch had everyone laughing and crying. Thanks for making our day SO memorable! :) <3

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Susan A

Truly one of the best guys around! We knew we picked the perfect officiant when he met us for dinner at Tops Diner. Mitch is so laid back and calm it’s hard to be stressed around him and that’s exactly what we wanted. My husband and I are just as laid back and Mitch made the... Read More ceremony the most relaxing time ever. Mitch had only met us one time and could figure out the perfect readings for our ceremony. He even helped us not go crazy with our vows (thanks because writing your own vows is super stressful!) We even got a little instagram famous with my husbands SAFTB vows. I’m glad Mitch had the same look on his face as I did on mine haha! It was the perfect day and Mitch was a huge part of making it that way. Family and friends raved about how fun and inviting our ceremony was all because of Mitch! We are beyond blessed we had you to marry us! Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kim L

From the first time meeting with Mitch to our wedding day he was very professional yet funny and outgoing ! He made the ceremony relaxing , meaningful and made myself and my now husband comfortable through the entire process! He also made our guests laugh the entire time which... Read More for us was very important :) Mitch is awesome and truly made our ceremony very special and unique and we truly loved him and would recommend him!! The new LaRosas love Mitch the minister :-)

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jacqueline D

Mitch was excellent! He was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding ceremony was fun and memorable. Mitch made our wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Vanessa M

I literally cannot thank Mitch enough for his service at my wedding. My ceremony was so much fun thanks to him! He was able to keep everyone interested, and keep it lighthearted and fun. I was not specific at all with how i wanted my ceremony to go and he pretty much helped... Read More organize it and pick the vows etc. 100% would recommend. He is the best!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Janet K

After a few minutes into our first meeting with Mitch, we knew right then we were going to book him for our wedding day. In the brief 45 minutes that we spent with him, he moved me from laughter to on the brink of tears and that is exactly what we wanted our wedding ceremony to... Read More be like. Our guest agreed that our ceremony was the perfect mix of emotions and Mitch definitely eased our nerves up at the alter. We could not have asked for a better start to our celebration of our lives together.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lisa K

Thank you Mitch for making our day so special. You gifted us with a very special ceremony with laughs and tears. We lover your light hearted approach and couldn't have asked for a better more fitting ceremony!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Karra B

I can't thank mitch enough for everything he did for me and john for our wedding this past weekend. Mitch is one of a kind. He made our ceremony funny and sweet at the same time. All of my guests were laughing and could not stop talking about how wonderful mitch was. He truly... Read More went above and beyond for us- he even offer to walk our dog down the aisle for us. He's honestly the best. If you want an unforgettable ceremony that your guests will enjoy look no further!! Thank you mitch your honestly the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Desiree h

Thank you so much Mitch for making our day so Special! We couldn't be happier with the ceremony. Thank you for the laughs and tears.Sean and I loved how you incorporated what we wanted and then done. Everyone loved what you said at the wedding.

2017-04-19T17:52:11 Response from the vendor

It was an honor to be a part of your amazing day. I wish you and Sean many years of joy and laughter and love. - Mitch

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jennifer S

Mitch was absolutely amazing! He kept the crowd involved and laughing through their tears and performed a fabulous ceremony! I am Jewish and my now husband is not and he chose readings that seemed so unique to us and was able to add in some Jewish components to the wedding... Read More without making it overwhelming. So many people afterwards asked where we found him! Would definitely recommend for all couples!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Christine B

WE LOVE MITCH! He took the time to get to know my husband and myself. We met twice and even had dinner with him so he got to really know our personalities, our story, and what we wanted. I found Mitch on the KNOT and had no idea how accurate these ratings were. If you are... Read More looking for a minister who will get to know you and not perform a cookie cutter ceremony, Mitch is your guy! Our ceremony was heartfelt, romantic, and classy. Not a dry eye in the place. Thank you again Mitch!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Jessica D

Being the daughter of a strong Irish Catholic father, I knew getting married outside of the church would be a tough situation. However, after meeting with Mitch I knew he was the right man to marry my fiance and I. He combined tradition with humor and relatability, and kept the... Read More ceremony light but loving, short but meaning - everything we wanted. Having Mitch marry me was one of the best choices I made throughout the wedding planning process. I highly recommend him to anyone searching for a warm-hearted and knowledgeable man to marry him/her.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Brianna V

There are not enough good things in the world I could say about Mitch. From the moment we met with him he had us laughing and in tears! That’s exactly how our ceremony was too, the whole audience was laughing and crying along with everything Mitch said. It was a ceremony that... Read More perfectly fit my husband and my style. He spent so much special time making the audience feel like an important part of the ceremony and the moment, which of course they were. The best part of having Mitch at our wedding was how much of his own emotion and love he pours into the ceremony. Though we only met in order to have him be our officiant, on the wedding day, it truly felt we were old family friends, as if we watched us grow up and find love! Almost every guest, from our friends to our grandparents had something wonderful to say about the ceremony and Mitch. For me as a nervous, excited bride, I’m most thankful to Mitch for making me laugh right away when I reached the alter. That simple joke broke all the tension and nerves I had been holding and it made me realize that the most important moment of my life was happening and I could laugh and cry and smile easily! Logistically, Mitch was wonderful with communicating with us both via email and phone call. He answered all of our questions, no matter how mundane or random, with patience and detail that we felt so confident about our ceremony by the time the big day came. He also helped walk us through the legal part of getting our marriage certificate. Hire Mitch now! Don’t wait!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren H

Mitch was the officiant for my wedding at Snug Harbor in Staten Island, NY. He was humorous, heartfelt, sincere, and memorable. He was very easy to work, understood our personalities, and put together a beautiful service. Our guests gave us many compliments that they... Read More enjoyed our ceremony and he made it unique. Thanks to Mitch for making my ceremony so special and my favorite part of my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Denise T

We hired Mitch for our Sept. 10 wedding at Farmstead, and are so happy that we did! He performed a beautiful ceremony that had tears flowing, yet added humor at the right times and had our guests laughing. It was absolutely perfect and exactly what we wanted. Our guests are... Read More still talking about him, in fact, a few have said it was the best ceremony they had ever been to! Thank you Mitch for setting the tone for our perfect day!

Minister Mitchell Maged

When my wife and I were planning our wedding we never expected so many hurdles. We are an interfaith couple so we had to make some very big decisions. Who would marry us? A rabbi? A priest? Both? A judge? We wanted a spiritual ceremony honoring our different heritages and religions but, back in 1985 there was no such thing as an "interfaith" or "non-denominational" officiant. Twenty + years ago I changed careers and became ordained as an interfaith minister and began performing wedding ceremonies customized for each couple. For the past 20+ years, it's been an honor and a joy.