Mitch the Minister

New Jersey (north of Atlantic City), Eastern PA, and NY.

Over 20 years - over 2200 weddings..and counting

A ceremony is the central event in all the happiness and celebration that surrounds your day. My goal is to make everyone laugh, everyone cry and to put everyone in the mood to go to a party. Your wedding ceremony should reflect who you are. I never marry strangers, so meeting is an important part of the process to create your perfect ceremony. It should be unique as you are. I hate dull ceremonies. Let's make your ceremony a celebration! Together, we can create a wedding ceremony, customized just for you, with memories that will last forever. Please don't send messages to me through The Knot. Please mail me directly at [email protected]

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Ceremony, Wedding

70 Oneida Avenue, Oakland, NJ New Jersey (north of Atlantic City), Eastern PA, and NY. (201) 410-6834

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Karra B

I can't thank mitch enough for everything he did for me and john for our wedding this past weekend. Mitch is one of a kind. He made our ceremony funny and sweet at the same time. All of my guests were laughing and could not stop talking about how wonderful mitch was. He truly... Read More went above and beyond for us- he even offer to walk our dog down the aisle for us. He's honestly the best. If you want an unforgettable ceremony that your guests will enjoy look no further!! Thank you mitch your honestly the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Martyna R

Mitch was AMAZING! I am so happy we contacted him to be our officiant for our wedding! He was a pleasure to work with. He is so funny and easy going. We've been to so many weddings where the ceremonies are stiff and drawn out. Our ceremony was fun! Full of laughter, tears, and... Read More special moments. It was quick but so memorable. All of our guests said he was awesome! I would highly recommend Mitch to any couple who is looking for an officiant. He was great! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Kelley C

Growing a relationship over 3000 miles apart, with people in two different countries that met in a third country, is not easy feat, but we passed that test with flying colors! When it came to planning a wedding with the same situation, we knew we would just have to approach it... Read More the same way! We were so lucky to find Mitch through our photographer, because he was nothing short of incredible. On the most special day of your lives, you want to have only the best on your side, and that's exactly what every one of our vendors was! Mitch made sure our ceremony, which incorporated people from two countries, a child from a previous marriage, dogs walking down the aisle, and a memorial for a beloved grandparent that passed unexpectedly a few months before, went as close to perfect as it could have! The perfect length, mix of romance and humor, and a whole lot of love, we have gotten SO many compliments on how amazing our ceremony was! Thank you, Mitch, for making our fairytale wedding stress free and memorable in all the right ways! We appreciate it more than you know! Mr. & Mrs. Davy <3

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Vanessa M

I literally cannot thank Mitch enough for his service at my wedding. My ceremony was so much fun thanks to him! He was able to keep everyone interested, and keep it lighthearted and fun. I was not specific at all with how i wanted my ceremony to go and he pretty much helped... Read More organize it and pick the vows etc. 100% would recommend. He is the best!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Janet K

After a few minutes into our first meeting with Mitch, we knew right then we were going to book him for our wedding day. In the brief 45 minutes that we spent with him, he moved me from laughter to on the brink of tears and that is exactly what we wanted our wedding ceremony to... Read More be like. Our guest agreed that our ceremony was the perfect mix of emotions and Mitch definitely eased our nerves up at the alter. We could not have asked for a better start to our celebration of our lives together.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lisa K

Thank you Mitch for making our day so special. You gifted us with a very special ceremony with laughs and tears. We lover your light hearted approach and couldn't have asked for a better more fitting ceremony!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Desiree h

Thank you so much Mitch for making our day so Special! We couldn't be happier with the ceremony. Thank you for the laughs and tears.Sean and I loved how you incorporated what we wanted and then done. Everyone loved what you said at the wedding.

2017-04-19T17:52:11 Response from the vendor

It was an honor to be a part of your amazing day. I wish you and Sean many years of joy and laughter and love. - Mitch

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jennifer S

Mitch was absolutely amazing! He kept the crowd involved and laughing through their tears and performed a fabulous ceremony! I am Jewish and my now husband is not and he chose readings that seemed so unique to us and was able to add in some Jewish components to the wedding... Read More without making it overwhelming. So many people afterwards asked where we found him! Would definitely recommend for all couples!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Christine B

WE LOVE MITCH! He took the time to get to know my husband and myself. We met twice and even had dinner with him so he got to really know our personalities, our story, and what we wanted. I found Mitch on the KNOT and had no idea how accurate these ratings were. If you are... Read More looking for a minister who will get to know you and not perform a cookie cutter ceremony, Mitch is your guy! Our ceremony was heartfelt, romantic, and classy. Not a dry eye in the place. Thank you again Mitch!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Jessica D

Being the daughter of a strong Irish Catholic father, I knew getting married outside of the church would be a tough situation. However, after meeting with Mitch I knew he was the right man to marry my fiance and I. He combined tradition with humor and relatability, and kept the... Read More ceremony light but loving, short but meaning - everything we wanted. Having Mitch marry me was one of the best choices I made throughout the wedding planning process. I highly recommend him to anyone searching for a warm-hearted and knowledgeable man to marry him/her.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Brianna V

There are not enough good things in the world I could say about Mitch. From the moment we met with him he had us laughing and in tears! That’s exactly how our ceremony was too, the whole audience was laughing and crying along with everything Mitch said. It was a ceremony that... Read More perfectly fit my husband and my style. He spent so much special time making the audience feel like an important part of the ceremony and the moment, which of course they were. The best part of having Mitch at our wedding was how much of his own emotion and love he pours into the ceremony. Though we only met in order to have him be our officiant, on the wedding day, it truly felt we were old family friends, as if we watched us grow up and find love! Almost every guest, from our friends to our grandparents had something wonderful to say about the ceremony and Mitch. For me as a nervous, excited bride, I’m most thankful to Mitch for making me laugh right away when I reached the alter. That simple joke broke all the tension and nerves I had been holding and it made me realize that the most important moment of my life was happening and I could laugh and cry and smile easily! Logistically, Mitch was wonderful with communicating with us both via email and phone call. He answered all of our questions, no matter how mundane or random, with patience and detail that we felt so confident about our ceremony by the time the big day came. He also helped walk us through the legal part of getting our marriage certificate. Hire Mitch now! Don’t wait!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren H

Mitch was the officiant for my wedding at Snug Harbor in Staten Island, NY. He was humorous, heartfelt, sincere, and memorable. He was very easy to work, understood our personalities, and put together a beautiful service. Our guests gave us many compliments that they... Read More enjoyed our ceremony and he made it unique. Thanks to Mitch for making my ceremony so special and my favorite part of my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Denise T

We hired Mitch for our Sept. 10 wedding at Farmstead, and are so happy that we did! He performed a beautiful ceremony that had tears flowing, yet added humor at the right times and had our guests laughing. It was absolutely perfect and exactly what we wanted. Our guests are... Read More still talking about him, in fact, a few have said it was the best ceremony they had ever been to! Thank you Mitch for setting the tone for our perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Denise T

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Danyel d

Mitch is wonderful! From our first meeting, we knew we had picked the right person to perform our ceremony, and we got so many compliments on it afterwards. He made people laugh and cry, and it was truly a memorable moment in our lives (even with the planes flying by). We... Read More couldn't have asked for a better person to marry us!

2016-09-06T18:44:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words. It was an honor to be a part of your incredible day. Congratulations. I wish you many years of love and joy and happiness.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Helen M

From the day Tom and I met Mitch - we knew he was the perfect minister to perform our wedding ceremony. He came highly recommended by a friend and by our photographer- Veronica Yankowski Ligouri , owner of VeroLuce Photography. This was a second wedding for both of us and we... Read More wanted a serious but lighthearted ceremony. Mitch combined the perfect mix of sentiment and laughter throughout the ceremony. He created a very personal ceremony about us - which is something we will always remember. Our guests loved him and so did we. Thank you Mitch!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kelsey C

Mitch performed our wedding ceremony at Rock Island Lake Club in Sparta, NJ on 8/7/16. I came across his services via The Knot/Wedding Wire, and he caught my eye based on stellar reviews. I have to agree! Mitch met with us at a diner near our house in October, and we spent 2... Read More hours chatting. I loved his laid back style, although I have to say, I started getting nervous when he said he doesn't really "write things down"! Leading up to the wedding, we worked together to make sure the ceremony incorporated readings and prayers that were important to us, and reassured me throughout the entire process. He's not your conventional, stuffy officiant and did a great job bringing FUN and personality to our ceremony while keeping it meaningful and emotional. If we ever renew our vows I know who I will call! Thanks Mitch!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Jessica P

Our wedding was on August 12, 2016 at the Primavera Regency in Stirling NJ. One of my bridesmaids had been to a wedding where Mitch performed the ceremony and she recommended him. We met him a few months before the wedding and immediately felt very comfortable around him. He got... Read More to know me and my now husband and was accommodating by meeting us close to where we live. He is very prompt with returning calls and emails and very easy to work with. He helped us choose readings that were perfect for our relationship and the gave us the type of wedding ceremony we wanted to have. He had our guests laughing, crying, and we received nothing but compliments on our ceremony. If you want a ceremony to remember, I highly recommend Mitch the Minister.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Christina P

Mitch was fantastic! From the moment we met him we knew he was the right fit for our ceremony. We got married in Key West the previous week and we were doing another small ceremony in NJ the following week for those that could not make the destination wedding. Mitch offered... Read More suggestions on how to approach our ceremony considering the situation and took the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted, and what we didn't. The ceremony was perfect - serious when it needed to be, and funny and light at all the appropriate times. He had our guests (and us) laughing and emotional throughout. After, many of our guests asked where we found him and kept coming up to us to let us know how much they enjoyed Mitch. Thanks Mitch for a memorable day!!!

2016-07-14T15:28:13 Response from the vendor

It was an honor to part of your special day. I wish you many many years of joy and happiness and love and laughter. - Mitch

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Lisa

Mitch was wonderful! My sister and her husband recommended Mitch because he married their friends years before. They still remembered how he made them feel during that ceremony. We decided to choose Mitch for our June 2016 wedding and are pleased we did! It was the perfect... Read More mixture of laughter and tears. Our guests continue to tell us how beautiful it was! Thanks, Mitch!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kristina D

Mitch is the greatest! My (now) husband and I got married on May 6, 2016, and we couldn't be more pleased with our ceremony. It made people laugh, it make people cry, it was just the perfect mix. During the reception, so many guests kept coming up to us to say how beautiful the... Read More ceremony was. We knew from the very beginning that Mitch was the perfect officiant to perform our wedding ceremony. He took the time to get to know us and our story, and our ceremony definitely reflected that. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you Mitch, for a ceremony that we would never forget!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Kelly A

From our first meeting, I knew Mitch was going to be perfect. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and understand exactly the kind of ceremony we wanted. The ceremony was funny and light, yet solemn and romantic. He incorporated all of our silly readings, but still... Read More made sure the ceremony went smoothly. He is a truly delightful, genuine person, and he made our ceremony absolutely perfect. Thank you for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Alicia M

Where do I begin ?!?! Mitch is amazing. We met him for dinner and went over the details of the ceremony. From the moment I met him I knew he had to officiate our wedding. Mitch had everyone laughing at our ceremony but still upholding the sacredness of our marriage. I would... Read More recommend him to anyone and everyone. I have not a single regret in choosing Mitch to be a part of our day!!

Best Ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Dayna G

I first met Minister Mitch at my friend's wedding, where he was their officiant. I knew from then that I needed to contact him when my day came. We never met Minister Mitch in person but did have two lengthy Skype sessions with him. He got to know us and what we were... Read More looking for and designed the perfect ceremony. A mix between sentimental and humorous. We had several guests come up to us afterwards and say it was the best ceremony they've ever been to. Thank you for making the most important moment of our lives so special and memorable!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Jennifer P

Mitch is the BEST! We had such a terrific ceremony and our guests loved him. He totally understood my husband and my personalities and made our ceremony very touching and unique. We laughed and cried .. it was beautiful. Our little flower girl was a bit shy and Mitch came down... Read More the aisle to show her how much fun it was to throw them. Such a nice touch! Thanks Mitch - you're the best!

2015-11-03T17:07:04 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor to be a part of your amazingly beautiful day. Thank you for your kind review. I wish you both the best of everything. - Mitch

Minister Mitchell Maged

When my wife and I were planning our wedding we never expected so many hurdles. We are an interfaith couple so we had to make some very big decisions. Who would marry us? A rabbi? A priest? Both? A judge? We wanted a spiritual ceremony honoring our different heritages and religions but, back in 1985 there was no such thing as an "interfaith" or "non-denominational" officiant. Twenty + years ago I changed careers and became ordained as an interfaith minister and began performing wedding ceremonies customized for each couple. For the past 20+ years, it's been an honor and a joy.