dance first. think later.

We tell stories through film and photos. Every single wedding, every family, is a different story, and we love to be a part of it. If you are looking for a wedding film, we aren’t typical videographers. You won’t find guest interviews, bright lights, or staged shots. Our goal is to watch your story unfold, capturing all the details- big and small. Our style is documentary. We aim to capture your day as it happens, un-interrupted. Drones are cool, but no. We don’t have one. You’ve probably watched our films or looked at photos and saw something that made you smile or cry. It’s not my goal to make you cry, but if you do, I think we’re off to a great start. We love what we do, and I know we’ll be good friends if you ask me to show up to the most important day of your life.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Anywhere in Michigan, Chicago, and beyond! (517) 420-0042

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Taylor T

Everything about working with Mitten Films was great! From the very beginning Jamie made sure to work with me on what I was looking for and she captured all of that and so much more! I am so lucky to have had them shoot my wedding! They captured so many moments I will cherish... Read More forever. Thank you Mitten Films for everything! I truly could not have picked anyone better.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Alyssa W

Working with Jamie and Ian was amazing! They were so easy to get along with and captured a day we had been dreaming about perfectly. Jamie kept in great contact before the wedding and even after with update on when she would be releasing our trailer and getting our full video to... Read More us. It made the wedding process, before and after, stress free! Thank you Jamie & Ian for your love of capturing special moments and putting it all together that my husband and I can watch again and again and show our kids some day!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

Jamie and her husband were so lovely and fun to work with on our wedding day!! They really made the hour of pictures and videos with my husband fun and enjoyable versus tedious and I absolutely loved the final product. I wish I would have been more detail oriented to... Read More understand what does / doesn't come with the package I purchased - but even when I reached out to Jamie after the fact to ask for additional footage she was more than happy to help! Lovely experience !!!

Special Moments Wonderfully Captured

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Leigh D

Jamie from Shutter Speed Productions did a wonderful job capturing our wedding. She recently posted a sneak peak preview of our wedding...fabulous! Gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes everytime I watch it. Thank you Jamie.

Jamie Ball

Hi I’m Jamie. I tell stories with films. I’m a photographer, editor, and artist. I travel. I hug trees. All with lots of coffee. I love what I do each and every day. I find inspiration and calm in the great outdoors and by surrounding myself with other creative souls. If you can’t find me on a Sunday after a wedding, I'm in Northern Michigan somewhere adventuring with a VW full of cameras. Lets be friends.