Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co.

Pittsburgh, PA, Weirton, WV & Surrounding Areas

Mixed With Love Cake & Cookie Co.,

Mixed With Love Cake & Cookie Co. is a custom cake bakery specializing in wedding cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. We know how important your wedding cake is & will work with you to create your perfect wedding work of art. We will also meet with you for a complementary wedding cake tastings and design consultations. We put so much love into your cake, that we only accept a limited number of wedding or custom cakes per weekend. We limit the number of cakes we accept, to ensure that your cake is made fresh and gets the full attention it deserves. We will work with your venue to coordinate delivery and set-up of your cake, allowing you to have one less worry on your wedding day. Since our reservations are limited, dates do fill up quickly. Contact us today to schedule your tasting!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Nut Free

Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Pittsburgh, PA, Weirton, WV & Surrounding Areas (412) 714-4937
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Tessa J

I have not gotten married yet, but I wanted to share my experiences with Janelle from Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co. thus far. First, we booked our cake tasting just a few days in advance via their online service and I received a text message the day prior (from Janelle)... Read More confirming our appointment. I was worried that booking with just a few days notice wouldn't be enough, however, Janelle didn't miss a beat! When we arrived to the Wedding Factory she was already sitting and waiting for us and we arrived 10+ minutes early! My fiance was very impressed and commented on it the second we left. During our appointment, Janelle was so down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Since we are a smaller wedding, we have felt that some vendors could care less if we book with them or not. However, we did not feel this way with Janelle at all. We felt like she was genuinely trying to get to know us, explain how she could make our wedding dreams happen, and not sell us on stuff we didn't want. Because of this amazing experience, we booked with her right away and actually cancelled our other tastings. We are excited to continue working with Janelle and can't wait to see her cake creation and other sweet treats on our wedding day!

2017-10-09T11:46:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so excited to be working with you.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Kamari R

First off, this is a family owned and operated company, which I loved supporting! Choosing a cake seemed like such a difficult task. I spoke with many vendors who quoted me ridiculously high prices. When we found Janelle at Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co., we were... Read More ecstatic. She was very personable and very quick to response with all our communications. She was willing to work with us to find a time where we could sample her products. When we had the tasting, she brought 6 different cakes with 6 different butter cream frostings. She was willing to do multiple flavors of cake and frosting. Our final choice was white with vanilla butter cream and we also had a champagne cake (delicious, must try!) with lemon butter cream. She was also very helpful in guiding us with how many servings of cake to order based on our guest list. Not everyone wants cake, but it is important to have enough versus running out, was something she told us. It was great working with her to design our cake. We were going for a very simple design. She did do some fondant leaves for us and they looked great. I was not at the venue for the delivery, but it was set up beautifully. I received many compliments from our guests how much they enjoyed the cake. We ended up freezing our leftovers and bringing them to our work place which was in a different state, to share with our friends who couldn't make it. The cake was frozen for over a week, driven over 1000 miles in a cooler with ice, defrosted, and served and it still tasted great! We can't wait until we get to have it again on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Angela D

Janelle is wonderful to work with. She made a delicious and gorgeous cake for our wedding. She was also able to make me a separate cake to accomadate my food allergies for the cake cutting. Our guests complimented how great it tasted and it looks beautiful in our pictures!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sarah A

My fiancé and I saw their naked cakes and were super excited to try their flavors! We scheduled a cake tasting, received a confrontation email, and she never showed up. Extremely disappointed.

2017-11-02T22:03:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your inconvenience today. As we discussed on the phone, the confirmation is an auto response from our third-party scheduling provider, and your appointment did not transfer onto our business calendar. I am contacting them to ensure this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Erica G

Janelle was incredible. The cake was unique, delicious, and so beautiful. Will be using her in the future and will recommend her to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jennifer C

Janelle made the most amazing cake for my wedding!! She created tiers for Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. The front looked like a traditional wedding cake, but we surprised our guests with a design that captured our "nerdy" personalities on the back. It was... Read More a huge hit. Even our wedding coordinators were taking pictures to send to their friends.

2017-10-09T11:48:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the kind review. I loved making this cake for you!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ashley J

Janelle was so easy to work with and her cupcakes were amazing! People were raving about them all night long. Very affordable!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jessica C

I chose Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co. and definitely do not regret it! Janelle made sure we got exactly what we wanted. Our cake was simple and perfect, just how I wanted it! The cupcakes were delicious, as well as the cookies and cake balls. Everything was a hit! I... Read More definitely recommend Janelle and her team for all your dessert needs!

2017-07-06T14:23:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review. It was a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Christine G

Janelle was fantastic to work with! She was so accommodating to work with, her prices were affordable, and her cake was DELICIOUS! I had multiple guests rave about how good it was and many even asked for seconds! I definitely recommend Janelle!

2017-07-03T14:40:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review. It was great to work with you.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Danielle B

Plain and simple: the cake, icing and cupcakes were absolutely delicious!!! Go for the caramel buttercream- you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Amber H

I'm so glad I got to work with Janelle for my wedding cake! She is friendly and professional and our cake was not only beautiful but delicious too! She did a perfect job and was so easy to work with. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone!

2017-01-02T17:47:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review. It was so nice to work with you. I wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Natalie B

Amazing job on our cupcakes for our wedding. Loved that we got to design the flavors. Also used mixed with love for our cookie table which all the guest loved and actually ate all of the cookies !! Highly recommend this bakery.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Nicole H

Janelle was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very pleasant and accommodating for an out-of-town couple, and gave us many options to choose from for our wedding cake. She was able to take a Pinterest photo and my input and put together exactly the cake I envisioned for... Read More my wedding. We decided to have a "naked cake" with a few sunflowers for decor. We chose cherry filling and chocolate frosting for one layer and lemon filling with raspberry frosting on the top layer...both with almond cake. The combinations of flavors turned out to be amazing, guests were raving about both how beautiful AND delicious the cake was. Janelle was punctual on the wedding day and constructed the cake without any effort needed from me or my groom. Overall, I would highly recommend Janelle for any occasion! She delivered high quality service and a fantastic cake!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Hyeon-Ju R

I had the most wonderful experience working with this baker. Three weeks before the wedding, I decided to make a surprise cookie table (in the theme of my chocolate labrador, 'Cookie') and Janelle from Mixed with Love made all of this possible. With her help and Vintage Alley... Read More Rentals I somehow pulled off a beautiful cookie table. The guests could not help but dig into the desserts at the beginning of the reception and finished the giant portion I had ordered for our 100 guests. Janelle was professional, responsive, and even transported not only her own bakes but the beautiful cookie display stands from Vintage Alley Rentals. I cannot recommend them enough - I feel so fortunate to have found them last minute - and would have totally gotten my wedding cake from them too had I known what a professional and excellent bakery this was.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Samantha K

Janelle was always there when I had a question! She did an amazing job on our wedding cake and all our guest love the cupcakes!!! They where delicious!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Janelle Hayes from Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co. baked and decorated the wedding cake for my daughter's wedding. The cake was beautifully decorated and delicious! She also (at the last minute) baked 3 or 4 kinds of cookies, since I ran out of time to bake them myself,... Read More and they were all delicious. I would recommend this vendor to anyone needing to order their wedding cake, or goodies for any other occasion.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Kristina W

My now husband and I had a cake maker that cancelled on us a few months before our wedding and we were so worried that we wouldn't be able to find a good baker, but then we found Janelle at Mixed with Love! We met with Janelle to go over our vision for the cake and had a... Read More tasting. We showed her pictures, talked about our options, and she was extremely confident in her ability to create what we imagined. Janelle's cake was awesome! We had a lavender ombré cake that went from a very light purple on the top layer to a deeper lavender on the bottom. The cake was moist and delicious, too. I couldn't have been happier with the cake she produced and the guests enjoyed it, too!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Joann M

I highly recommend Janelle at "Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co." She is efficient, personable, and her cake was delicious....I received many compliments on our wedding cake.....and her prices are great also.....Thanks Janelle.....it was a pleasure meeting you!!

2016-02-26T14:46:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you. It was a pleasure working with you.

Amazing, affordable, delicious!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Sable

(previous review posted under incorrect login) First off, this is a family owned and operated company, which I loved supporting! Choosing a cake seemed like such a difficult task. I spoke with many vendors who quoted me ridiculously high prices. When we found Janelle at Mixed... Read More with Love Cake & Cookie Co., we were ecstatic. She was very personable and very quick to response with all our communications. She was willing to work with us to find a time where we could sample her products. When we had the tasting, she brought 6 different cakes with 6 different butter cream frostings. She was willing to do multiple flavors of cake and frosting. Our final choice was white with vanilla butter cream and we also had a champagne cake (delicious, must try!) with lemon butter cream. She was also very helpful in guiding us with how many servings of cake to order based on our guest list. Not everyone wants cake, but it is important to have enough versus running out, was something she told us. It was great working with her to design our cake. We were going for a very simple design. She did do some fondant leaves for us and they looked great. I was not at the venue for the delivery, but it was set up beautifully. I received many compliments from our guests how much they enjoyed the cake. We ended up freezing our leftovers and bringing them to our work place which was in a different state, to share with our friends who couldn't make it. The cake was frozen for over a week, driven over 1000 miles in a cooler with ice, defrosted, and served and it still tasted great! We can't wait until we get to have it again on our anniversary!

2016-02-26T14:48:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with you. Let us know how the cake tastes next year!

Janelle R. Hayes

My name is Janelle Hayes and I am the Owner of Mixed with Love Cake & Cookie Co. I started baking when I was a kid. My Mom and I baked cakes for birthdays and cookies for Christmas. We still bake together, and now my daughter, bakes with us as well. In 2010, I took a class at a craft store so I could learn to decorate my own cakes better. A few years and a lot more classes later, I left my job to be a stay-at-home mom and began to decorate cakes professionally out of a rented commercial kitchen. Now, I create custom works of art for my clients. I am blessed to be a part of their special day.