Mixon's In The Grove

Bradenton, FL

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Garden, Park, Rooftop, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2525 27th St East, Bradenton, FL

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jaclyn C

My husband and I could not have gotten married at a more spectacular venue. Everything about Mixon's just completely blew us away! The grounds are so stunning (and make for some amazing wedding photos) and its perfectly hidden away from the busier parts of town. We truly felt... Read More like we were tucked away in our little paradise. Mixon's was everything we dreamed of and more. The staff was so friendly, attentive, and accommodating. We also used the preferred vendors for Mixon's as well and were thrilled with all of Sheri's recommendations. Everyone worked together seamlessly which allowed my husband and I to really enjoy our wedding day to the fullest. To top it off, we have been receiving endless compliments from our guests! We both highly recommend!

2016-10-17T15:36:11 Response from the vendor

WOW!! Thanks so much!! It was our pleasure and you all were so great!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Amber H

It was super hot o our wedding day and Sheri and her assistant were out there all morning and afternoon setting everything up. When I walked outside for the first time I could not believe how beautiful it looked. I was really stressing that I bough to simple of decorations and... Read More that it was going to look cheazy. Sheri really exceeded my expectations with the entire set up. It looked better then I could have hoped. The entire time before the wedding I would email her and ask her questions and she always replied back to me quick which I really appreciated. She was a delight to work with and the venue had EVERYTHING we needed. It was amazing. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change my choice of venue. Mixons all the way!!!

2016-09-14T15:00:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooo much!!! It was such a fun night and it was perfect!! Thanks for trusting us with your special day!! Sheri

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

I had my wedding here 4/1/16. The beauty of Mixons exceeded any expectation I could have ever dreamed of for my special day. Mixons has an assortment of decor items at hand for your use. The setup was breathtaking. Sheri, the wedding coordinator at Mixons, took everything... Read More possible off of my plate and made me feel so at ease. I did not have to worry knowing I had her there to help. She truly loves and is AMAZING at what she does! I would choose Mixons over and over again.. It was a fairytale. ❤❤❤

2016-04-05T10:54:40 Response from the vendor

Awwwww....Thanks Hayley!! That mean everything to us!! You were so beautiful and you are a blessing to us all!!! xo

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Amanda B

My wedding was nothing short of a dream. They day went by so quick, yet so smooth. Sheri and the crew were so helpful and were perfect at keeping the stress of having a wedding out of the picture. The venue was amazing. I'm still receiving compliments from guests about it.... Read More You can tell that Sheri and the staff really enjoy their jobs and work really hard to make every couple's day special. I would recommend Mixons to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Josie D

I made an appointment with Sheri Gooby to look at their wedding venue and she was very unprofessional. I made this appointment 10/04/16 via phone call and I e-mail her to confirm it on 10/05/16. We agreed to meet on 10/07/16 1pm. I have called her phone in the morning of... Read More 10/07/16 two time and left a voicemail and proceeded to emailing her requesting a call, concerning my appointment since there was bad weather that day but I still wanted to try to make it for a tour. At 12:45 PM I called again and spoke with Marie at the customer’s service desk and was told she was in this morning and had left for the day. I got a call ten minute after from her, she called stated that, “she was waiting on me to come.” I explained to her that I called her in the morning, emailed her and I just called again and they said she had left for the day. She stated “I haven’t been in my office all day so I haven’t checked my call”. I can understand if you missed my call 15 minutes ago but I also called 4 hours ago so you mean to tell me you don’t check your email and phone calls for four hours and you’re a wedding planner. Then she says “ Well I’m sorry did you want to rescheduled” I told her I actually took half the day from work to go see this place and all I wanted was at least a call back, if the appointment was scheduled and confirmed and I made the attempt to call you that’s not too much to ask for. I just felt like I wasn’t a priority in her scheduling. She then had the audacity to say, “Well I guess this is better then and hung up”. Well yeah I guess you like losing business, I’m glad I found out about this kind of service prior to even spending money on this place.

2016-10-08T10:12:49 Response from the vendor

My profession is my life. I work for the good man above and serve him. We do over 100 events a year, our time is just as valuable. After waiting for this appointment for 15 minutes during hurricane Matthew, this appointment did not show. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Katelynn R

I could not have had a better experience at Mixon's in the Grove! Sheri and Brandy were so incredibly helpful and made our day perfect! Brandy was our day-of coordinator and she worked so hard to make sure I did not have to worry about a thing. The event went very smoothly and... Read More we were able to enjoy our event with the least amount of stress possible! It is such a beautiful place to get married and the twinkle lights added a perfect touch during our reception! Mixon's in the grove is a hidden gem for sure :)

2016-09-27T07:07:54 Response from the vendor

Wow!! We were so honored to assist you for you're day!! Come back for ice-cream soon!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Latrice D

I love Mixon our wedding was the best ever. Brandi went over and beyond her job for us. My wedding is the talk of the town with the location and view. Thank you Mixon staff for the great experience.

2016-09-26T09:04:55 Response from the vendor

We were so happy you chose Mixons !!! The wedding was absolutely stunning!!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Brent D

We could not have been more delighted with our wedding at Mixons!! Mixons is an unexpected picturesque wedding venue find. Sheri, the event planner with Mixons was AWESOME, super organized, shared in our excitement, had great taste, and helped pull everything off without a... Read More hitch. Our day was beautiful, we can't thank Mixons enough for everything they did to help contribute to our special day. We didn't have a wedding coordinator help with the all the wedding planning but we did get the day of wedding planner package and I HIGHLY recommend it. Sheri and her team definitely know what they're doing and work really well the vendors, and it made the day go by without any stress on the bridal party/family part. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, large but private and intimate wedding venue.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Tiffany N

The location and the scenery were perfect and the staff was very friendly. The only negative thing I found with this venue is the bartending fees since they do not hold their own liquor license and charge a larger fee because of that. Also, would have liked to have an additional... Read More hour for cleaning rather than just 30 mins.

2016-04-26T07:52:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tiffany for the review! We loved having you! This is one fee that is a must because of the liability that comes with alcohol. We are proud that we are one of the lowest fees for alcohol in the area:) Also, with clean up,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/28/2016

We LOVED having our wedding at Mixon!!! The scenery was absolutely breathtaking!!! Mixon's staff did a phenomenal job coordinating our day and making sure everything went perfectly!! They also made sure we used the best/most affordable services and were extremely helpful during... Read More the planning process!! I would highly recommend having your wedding here!! You will not be disappointed!

2016-03-28T13:47:45 Response from the vendor

5 stars!!! Wow thanks!! We can't get enough. We love our brides and am so glad everything went perfectly!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Chrissy Z

Our wedding came out gorgeous! The venue is beautiful and Sheri is so helpful! Any time I had a question or concern, I would send her a quick email and she would respond right back. We were both completely clueless and she was so helpful in letting us know what would work best... Read More and look the best! I am so grateful to Sheri and her team at Mixon's, the wedding came out even better then I could have imagined! I had several ppl ask me later how I found the place because it was so beautiful! I would 100% recommend them to family and friends. I have no words for how impressed I am with how the whole event turned out. Thank you so much for everything!

2016-03-16T12:26:55 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thanks Christine!! It was a pleasure working with you. We are so happy that your day was everything you dreamed!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Ashley G

Couldn't have asked for a better venue. Everything was absolutely beautiful from the gardens to the koi pond and loved all the twinkle lights everywhere. Gabby and Sheri were also awesome to work with and very accommodating.

2016-03-14T12:34:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review!! It was our pleasure to work with such an amazing couple!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

We came to Mixon's cancelled on and broken, just 5 months before our wedding! Sheri and team were very accommodating, and although we had to change our date, everything turned out beautifully. Having the reception and ceremony in one spot is always convenient, and the pavilion... Read More with the twinkle lights is so lovely at night. My only wish is that the extras, (like the beaded curtain, sheers for the gazebo, linens (outsourced), and day planner services) were a little more affordable or included (curtain, sheers) as perks in the venue rental cost, as add-ons do add up quickly! Beautiful spot, decent value, very nice people. And their wine is delicious!

2016-03-09T07:46:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review!! We are trying to make everything easier on our brides and keep everything low in costs. We will take into consideration your recommendations for the future of Mixon Weddings. We appreciate the input, THANKS:)

Dream wedding venue

Reviewed on 12/04/2015

Mixons was everything I dreamed of and more for my wedding. It was really important to me to have my wedding ceremony & reception outdoors! I wanted my wedding to have a romantic, yet open feel without worrying everything would be moved indoors if the weather was bad. I... Read More visited several beach venues & was discouraged because of the price, and most of them only offered a closed-feeling banquet room or ball room if the weather became an issue. I began searching for other outdoor venues & again was disappointed by pricing & lack of options & such. Then I found Mixons!!! I knew the moment I toured this venue that I wanted to have my wedding there. It was reasonably priced and more beautiful than any other venues I had visited, including the beach! Sherri and Gabby were awesome to work with & made it really special for us, always helping and answering questions so promptly! There were no hidden costs, and the wedding area was even more beautiful than I had imagined when decorated. I really do not believe we could have chosen a better place. Our guests said they were "blown away" by how beautiful it was, and that our wedding was the best they had ever attended. Mixons provides you with everything you need to plan your wedding if you want to do it yourself, or if you want a wedding planner, they have all of the connections for that as well. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. Thank you again, Sherri, and Mixons, for helping me to have my dream wedding!!!! If I could, I would do it again!!!

2015-12-04T12:01:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review!! It was our pleasure:)

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Rebekah S

We had an amazing time at Mixons. Our guests thought the grounds were beautiful and it made for a lovely back drop for everyone pictures. The staff was super friendly and really made our vision come to life. Our coordinator, Savannah, was the best. She helped us to keep a huge... Read More secret from our guests and families and it worked out fabulously. She made sure everything was on time and that things went smoothly. For me , as the Bride, its important that ibgwt to enjoy my day and not be bothered with the tasks at hand. Savannah was great at that. I wasn't bothered once and got to enjoy spending the day getting my hair and makeup done in their bridal suite. Overall, it was an amazing day at the best venue and nicest staff. Thanks Mixons!

2015-12-07T10:13:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! You all were amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Melissa G

Mixon's In The Grove provided me with my fairytale wedding venue! Ever since I was a little girl this was the place I had envisioned. When I first saw the grove it brought me to tears because was the most beautiful place I had ever seen and surpassed my imagination! I lost count... Read More on how many people told me it was the most beautiful wedding venue they have ever been to! Despite getting married in the hot/muggy florida summer this place still provided us with amazing outdoor conditions and almost forgot that bugs exist outside at this place. This place is an Oasis where dreams really do come true! Thank you a thousand times over!

2015-07-25T08:03:16 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thanks Melissa!! It was our pleasure and what an awesome review, thanks you so much! Sheri

A Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Lisa S

I was impressed with Mixon's from the start. Sheri was warm and inviting and was really helpful, letting us know all the things that we would need to put together. The venue was beautifully lit and they were really tolerant of all of our weird requests (like having a half of a... Read More chandelier). We all had a wonderful time, got tons of compliments on our wedding, and we are thankful that Mixon's was there for us!

2015-06-26T07:46:38 Response from the vendor

Thank You So Much Lisa! It was my pleasure getting to know you and your fabulous family! Loved working with you guys!

All in one

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 sheri g

Mixon's is stunning and includes so much in their package. No hidden fees or nickel and diming. Simply the best friendly staff. feels like family

2015-04-26T09:21:59 Response from the vendor

Thank You for the review!!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!!!

perfect day

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

We loved the setting at mixons a beautiful setting an oasis in bradenton. Very inexpesive and great staff all very helpful and a special thanks to Sherrie Thank you for a beautuful day

2015-06-26T07:48:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! It was my Pleasure:)

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Barbara M

I was very pleased with every aspect of the service at Mixon's. Professional and friendly. The best part was how efficient they were and how attentive to every need. I would recommend Mixon's for weddings or any other event! A big thank you to the whole staff!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Am P

Mixons was absolutely fabulous! Sheri the wedding planner for mixons, keeps everything in a timely manor and understand people on a budget. There were several financial due dates all in a gapped time frame that made it easy to pay for everything and not feel overwhelmed laying a... Read More large amount of money at once. Sheri helped make our wedding day smooth and beautiful. The Gardens there are hidden and BEAUTIFUL! they maintain the garden wonderfully and I would recommend them to everyone!

2015-06-26T07:41:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review!! Loved being a part of your special day:)

Real Florida Venue

Reviewed on 4/01/2013 Amanda S

This was a beautiful venue and very affordable. I had very little decorations to do because the landscaping is so beautiful and loved the "Real Florida" it represented. Kathy Decker, the coordinator, is amazing! She is half the charm of the venue and amazing to work with, she... Read More knew every detail of our wedding and was so sweet. Unfortunately she had a family emergency the day of our wedding and could not attend. We didnt like the stand-in coordinator, but we understand that things happen out of everyone's control. I'm sure if Kathy had been there everything would have been perfect. I loved my wedding venue and would do it again in a heart beat.

The Perfect Garden Wedding Spot

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 Kelly G

My husband and I had a short 6 month engagement and we knew we wanted a garden wedding in Florida. We looked at 10 venues over our Christmas break and honestly, by the time I got to the last one, I had started to become disheartened. We were planning an outdoor wedding for 260... Read More people and that in itself was a hard space to fill since most venues only hold about 100 or less in that type of setting. When we walked into the butterfly garden at Mixon's, I knew this was the place. The gardens are just gorgeous! We had a wonderful gazebo where we held the actual ceremony by the water and the reception pavillion had plenty of room for dancing and the buffet and the feasting style tables I had wanted. It was magical with the lighting and the crystals and the flowers and butterflies everywhere. I couldn't have imagined it better! Not to mention, the pricing was very reasonable and the staff was so friendly and willing to help you in any way they could. Plus, it's not an over done venue and you feel like it's your own little getaway. It was simply the perfect garden spot for a wedding.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Dorothy K

Mixon's is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Kathy was wonderful to work with and kept everyone on schedule. I highly recommend them!

Absolutely Beautiful !

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 jheanell b

Having Mixon's in the Grove as our wedding venue was the best decision we made. The coordinator, Kathy is awesome. She is friendly, professional and assists you all the way through. The grove is beautiful with trees, a waterfall and flowers. Those are just the naturally... Read More occurring accessories. If you want a beautiful outdoor event with a variety of options Mixon's is for you!

Meet The Director of Sales

Sheri Gooby

I have worked with the Mixon's for 6 years and consider them Family! We make memories at the farm and can't imagine being anywhere else. From sales and marketing, to coordinating, dealing with vendors. I am involved with every aspect of the wedding day. it is my honor to assist our brides every step of their journey with us. When you're with Mixon's, you're with family! Southern Hospitality and charm