The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Mixon's in the Grove is an events-hosting facility specializing in wedding events in Bradenton, Florida. Sitting within the citrus groves of Mixon Fruit Farms, the facility offers a unique setting for your wedding, which includes both indoor and outdoor event spaces. These spaces include two garden settings with gazebos for ceremonies, a climate-controlled indoor banquet hall and a koi pond. Mixon's in the Grove welcomes visitors and clients for tours of the facility.

As a wedding venue, Mixon's in the Grove is ideal for those who prefer a tropical setting for their wedding celebrations that does not necessarily have to be beachfront weddings. The grounds of the facility features beautiful tropical landscaping with flowering gardens, an orchard and a pond. The pavilion at Mixon's in the Grove is expansive and likewise gives your wedding an indoor/outdoor setting with its covered veranda. It also comes with roll-down vinyl sides in case of inclement weather.

The Garden Oasis. This event space includes the covered pavilion and a gazebo, which make it an ideal setting for wedding receptions and ceremonies. The pavilion itself measures 3,200 square feet in floor area and has a maximum capacity of up to 200 guests with a banquet-style layout.

The Honeybell Hall. An alternative indoor space within the facility, the Honeybell Hall has a floor area of 2,400 square feet. This area gives you and your guests views of the sunset on one side and a backdrop of the orange orchard on the other. It accommodates between 75 to 100 guests with banquet-style receptions.

The Butterfly Garden. This area is the facility's outdoor event space. It features a gazebo, a flowering garden and a tree. The Butterfly Garden takes on a new life at sundown with twinkling ambient outdoor lights lining its pathway and trellis.

The Koi Pond. This area features a veranda that overlooks the pond. It is ideal for small and intimate wedding celebrations with only 15 guests.

Mixon's in the Grove exclusively handles the bar services for wedding events at the facility. When in comes to catering services, however, you have the option of choosing your own caterer for your wedding. For your convenience, Mixon's in the Grove has a list of preferred vendors who have worked with the venue in the past. These vendors are already familiar with the facility and its spaces, which make them good options for more convenient wedding events.

Mixon's in the Grove charges a rental fee, which affords you five hours of event time, excluding the time it takes to set up decor and clean up the venue. Early start time is possible and you also have the option of purchasing additional hours for your wedding event. Your celebrations should wrap up by midnight.

The following are some of the amenities and services that are inclusive of the rental fee.

• Event coordinator
  • Dressing rooms for the bride and the groom
  • Ceremony arch, if not using the gazebo
  • Staging kitchen for outside caterers
  • Dance floor
  • Podium and/or stage
  • Outdoor lighting
  • Tables, chairs, linens, china, silverware and glassware

The facility allows for one hour of rehearsal prior to the ceremony. Cameras all around the facility give you the option of beaming your event live online for family and friends who cannot attend your wedding. Koi ponds, small waterfall, fountains, gardens and the orchard give you unique backdrops for your wedding photographs.

A Garden Oasis - "Where Love Blossoms"

Have your wedding ceremony in our gazebo, where a beautifully landscaped Garden with a Huge Koi pond, fountain and rock waterfall serves as your backdrop. For your reception, our covered pavilion adorned in twinkle lights comfortably holds 250 + guests. Stay at our Mixon Farmhouse Inn or use it for a smaller affair. Our live web cameras allow your friends and family all over the world to view your wonderful day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Rooftop, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2525 27th St East, Bradenton, FL (941) 748-5829

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jaclyn C

My husband and I could not have gotten married at a more spectacular venue. Everything about Mixon's just completely blew us away! The grounds are so stunning (and make for some amazing wedding photos) and its perfectly hidden away from the busier parts of town. We truly felt... Read More like we were tucked away in our little paradise. Mixon's was everything we dreamed of and more. The staff was so friendly, attentive, and accommodating. We also used the preferred vendors for Mixon's as well and were thrilled with all of Sheri's recommendations. Everyone worked together seamlessly which allowed my husband and I to really enjoy our wedding day to the fullest. To top it off, we have been receiving endless compliments from our guests! We both highly recommend!

2016-10-17T15:36:11 Response from the vendor

WOW!! Thanks so much!! It was our pleasure and you all were so great!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Amber H

It was super hot o our wedding day and Sheri and her assistant were out there all morning and afternoon setting everything up. When I walked outside for the first time I could not believe how beautiful it looked. I was really stressing that I bough to simple of decorations and... Read More that it was going to look cheazy. Sheri really exceeded my expectations with the entire set up. It looked better then I could have hoped. The entire time before the wedding I would email her and ask her questions and she always replied back to me quick which I really appreciated. She was a delight to work with and the venue had EVERYTHING we needed. It was amazing. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change my choice of venue. Mixons all the way!!!

2016-09-14T15:00:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooo much!!! It was such a fun night and it was perfect!! Thanks for trusting us with your special day!! Sheri

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

I had my wedding here 4/1/16. The beauty of Mixons exceeded any expectation I could have ever dreamed of for my special day. Mixons has an assortment of decor items at hand for your use. The setup was breathtaking. Sheri, the wedding coordinator at Mixons, took everything... Read More possible off of my plate and made me feel so at ease. I did not have to worry knowing I had her there to help. She truly loves and is AMAZING at what she does! I would choose Mixons over and over again.. It was a fairytale. ❤❤❤

2016-04-05T10:54:40 Response from the vendor

Awwwww....Thanks Hayley!! That mean everything to us!! You were so beautiful and you are a blessing to us all!!! xo

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Karise H

Mixons in the Grove was a great choice to have our wedding and reception. The price you pay is affordable and it includes so much-chairs, tables, insurance...Not to mention the location (grounds) is beautiful. The service was phenominal and my day was filled with blessings. The... Read More onsite coordinator, Brandy, went out of their way to help make my wedding day something to remember. If you are looking for a ceremony/ reception venue...look no further...Mixons in the Grove is the spot.

2016-11-18T12:39:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the awesome review!! Yes, Brandy and our staff is amazing!! Glad they helped you with your dream wedding:)

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Nicole T

The wedding venue was amazing. My daughter wanted to get married in a gazebo instead of a church and this venue is so pretty at night all lit up. Wedding planning can be overwhelming when you want to give your daughter a beautiful wedding but I worked with Sheri all year to make... Read More decisions and she really helped to keep things simple. They have everything available to rent if you choose or you can bring in your own items so they are very flexible. We rented the game area they recently created for the cocktail hour and that was a huge hit. I highly recommend. Everyone is still talking about it a week later!! The staff the day of the wedding was amazing, the wedding coordinator and bartender kept this bride's mother calm (somewhat) as they took care of all the details while I got ready in the bridal suite on site. We had the best weather, stars in a clear sky and even a full moon! People dancing, photo booth, everyone is saying that the venue was amazing and it was the best wedding they have been to in a long time. I recommend Mixon's for your wedding!! - they can accommodate any budget.

2016-11-16T12:34:12 Response from the vendor

It was truly an honor. Thank you for letting us enjoy your special moment with you and your family, you will be missed:)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amanda C

We had our dream wedding at Mixon's on October 22, 2016. We were looking for a venue that was beautiful and filled with twinkle lights...and Mixon's did not disappoint! It is naturally beautiful with gorgeous gardens, an amazing gazebo, and so many wonderful places for photo... Read More ops! We fell in love with the venue on our visit and knew right away we had to book it. Working with Sheri was wonderful! She was always so responsive to my emails and so very helpful. I never stressed out about the planning or had any worries about the venue. All of our guests loved our wedding and told us they had a great time! We highly recommend Mixon's!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Bud H

The staff at Mixon's goes above and beyond to make your special day one to remember. My daughter's wedding on October 21st could have not gone any better. The venue is beautifully arranged for that special day. A very special thank you to Sheri and Brandy for all their hard work... Read More and attention to detail in preparing the venue for our daughter's wedding. Great job ladies!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Amanda B

My wedding was nothing short of a dream. They day went by so quick, yet so smooth. Sheri and the crew were so helpful and were perfect at keeping the stress of having a wedding out of the picture. The venue was amazing. I'm still receiving compliments from guests about it.... Read More You can tell that Sheri and the staff really enjoy their jobs and work really hard to make every couple's day special. I would recommend Mixons to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Josie D

I made an appointment with Sheri to look at their wedding venue and she was very unprofessional. I made this appointment 10/04/16 via phone call and I e-mail her to confirm it on 10/05/16. We agreed to meet on 10/07/16 1pm. I have called her phone in the morning of 10/07/16 two... Read More time and left a voicemail and proceeded to emailing her requesting a call, concerning my appointment since there was bad weather that day but I still wanted to try to make it for a tour. At 12:45 PM I called again and spoke with Marie at the customer’s service desk and was told she was in this morning and had left for the day. I got a call ten minute after from her, she called stated that, “she was waiting on me to come.” I explained to her that I called her in the morning, emailed her and I just called again and they said she had left for the day. She stated “I haven’t been in my office all day so I haven’t checked my call”. I can understand if you missed my call 15 minutes ago but I also called 4 hours ago so you mean to tell me you don’t check your email and phone calls for four hours and you’re a wedding planner. Then she says “ Well I’m sorry did you want to rescheduled” I told her I actually took half the day from work to go see this place and all I wanted was at least a call back, if the appointment was scheduled and confirmed and I made the attempt to call you that’s not too much to ask for. I just felt like I wasn’t a priority in her scheduling. She then had the audacity to say, “Well I guess this is better then and hung up”. Well yeah I guess you like losing business, I’m glad I found out about this kind of service prior to even spending money on this place.

2016-10-08T10:12:49 Response from the vendor

I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our clients, I hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Katelynn R

I could not have had a better experience at Mixon's in the Grove! Sheri and Brandy were so incredibly helpful and made our day perfect! Brandy was our day-of coordinator and she worked so hard to make sure I did not have to worry about a thing. The event went very smoothly and... Read More we were able to enjoy our event with the least amount of stress possible! It is such a beautiful place to get married and the twinkle lights added a perfect touch during our reception! Mixon's in the grove is a hidden gem for sure :)

2016-09-27T07:07:54 Response from the vendor

Wow!! We were so honored to assist you for you're day!! Come back for ice-cream soon!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Latrice D

I love Mixon our wedding was the best ever. Brandi went over and beyond her job for us. My wedding is the talk of the town with the location and view. Thank you Mixon staff for the great experience.

2016-09-26T09:04:55 Response from the vendor

We were so happy you chose Mixons !!! The wedding was absolutely stunning!!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Brent D

We could not have been more delighted with our wedding at Mixons!! Mixons is an unexpected picturesque wedding venue find. Sheri, the event planner with Mixons was AWESOME, super organized, shared in our excitement, had great taste, and helped pull everything off without a... Read More hitch. Our day was beautiful, we can't thank Mixons enough for everything they did to help contribute to our special day. We didn't have a wedding coordinator help with the all the wedding planning but we did get the day of wedding planner package and I HIGHLY recommend it. Sheri and her team definitely know what they're doing and work really well the vendors, and it made the day go by without any stress on the bridal party/family part. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, large but private and intimate wedding venue.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Tiffany N

The location and the scenery were perfect and the staff was very friendly. The only negative thing I found with this venue is the bartending fees since they do not hold their own liquor license and charge a larger fee because of that. Also, would have liked to have an additional... Read More hour for cleaning rather than just 30 mins.

2016-04-26T07:52:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tiffany for the review! We loved having you! This is one fee that is a must because of the liability that comes with alcohol. We are proud that we are one of the lowest fees for alcohol in the area:) Also, with clean up,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/28/2016

We LOVED having our wedding at Mixon!!! The scenery was absolutely breathtaking!!! Mixon's staff did a phenomenal job coordinating our day and making sure everything went perfectly!! They also made sure we used the best/most affordable services and were extremely helpful during... Read More the planning process!! I would highly recommend having your wedding here!! You will not be disappointed!

2016-03-28T13:47:45 Response from the vendor

5 stars!!! Wow thanks!! We can't get enough. We love our brides and am so glad everything went perfectly!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Chrissy Z

Our wedding came out gorgeous! The venue is beautiful and Sheri is so helpful! Any time I had a question or concern, I would send her a quick email and she would respond right back. We were both completely clueless and she was so helpful in letting us know what would work best... Read More and look the best! I am so grateful to Sheri and her team at Mixon's, the wedding came out even better then I could have imagined! I had several ppl ask me later how I found the place because it was so beautiful! I would 100% recommend them to family and friends. I have no words for how impressed I am with how the whole event turned out. Thank you so much for everything!

2016-03-16T12:26:55 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thanks Christine!! It was a pleasure working with you. We are so happy that your day was everything you dreamed!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Ashley G

Couldn't have asked for a better venue. Everything was absolutely beautiful from the gardens to the koi pond and loved all the twinkle lights everywhere. Gabby and Sheri were also awesome to work with and very accommodating.

2016-03-14T12:34:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review!! It was our pleasure to work with such an amazing couple!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

We came to Mixon's cancelled on and broken, just 5 months before our wedding! Sheri and team were very accommodating, and although we had to change our date, everything turned out beautifully. Having the reception and ceremony in one spot is always convenient, and the pavilion... Read More with the twinkle lights is so lovely at night. My only wish is that the extras, (like the beaded curtain, sheers for the gazebo, linens (outsourced), and day planner services) were a little more affordable or included (curtain, sheers) as perks in the venue rental cost, as add-ons do add up quickly! Beautiful spot, decent value, very nice people. And their wine is delicious!

2016-03-09T07:46:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review!! We are trying to make everything easier on our brides and keep everything low in costs. We will take into consideration your recommendations for the future of Mixon Weddings. We appreciate the input, THANKS:)

Dream wedding venue

Reviewed on 12/04/2015

Mixons was everything I dreamed of and more for my wedding. It was really important to me to have my wedding ceremony & reception outdoors! I wanted my wedding to have a romantic, yet open feel without worrying everything would be moved indoors if the weather was bad. I... Read More visited several beach venues & was discouraged because of the price, and most of them only offered a closed-feeling banquet room or ball room if the weather became an issue. I began searching for other outdoor venues & again was disappointed by pricing & lack of options & such. Then I found Mixons!!! I knew the moment I toured this venue that I wanted to have my wedding there. It was reasonably priced and more beautiful than any other venues I had visited, including the beach! Sherri and Gabby were awesome to work with & made it really special for us, always helping and answering questions so promptly! There were no hidden costs, and the wedding area was even more beautiful than I had imagined when decorated. I really do not believe we could have chosen a better place. Our guests said they were "blown away" by how beautiful it was, and that our wedding was the best they had ever attended. Mixons provides you with everything you need to plan your wedding if you want to do it yourself, or if you want a wedding planner, they have all of the connections for that as well. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. Thank you again, Sherri, and Mixons, for helping me to have my dream wedding!!!! If I could, I would do it again!!!

2015-12-04T12:01:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review!! It was our pleasure:)

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Rebekah S

We had an amazing time at Mixons. Our guests thought the grounds were beautiful and it made for a lovely back drop for everyone pictures. The staff was super friendly and really made our vision come to life. Our coordinator, Savannah, was the best. She helped us to keep a huge... Read More secret from our guests and families and it worked out fabulously. She made sure everything was on time and that things went smoothly. For me , as the Bride, its important that ibgwt to enjoy my day and not be bothered with the tasks at hand. Savannah was great at that. I wasn't bothered once and got to enjoy spending the day getting my hair and makeup done in their bridal suite. Overall, it was an amazing day at the best venue and nicest staff. Thanks Mixons!

2015-12-07T10:13:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! You all were amazing!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Melissa G

Mixon's In The Grove provided me with my fairytale wedding venue! Ever since I was a little girl this was the place I had envisioned. When I first saw the grove it brought me to tears because was the most beautiful place I had ever seen and surpassed my imagination! I lost count... Read More on how many people told me it was the most beautiful wedding venue they have ever been to! Despite getting married in the hot/muggy florida summer this place still provided us with amazing outdoor conditions and almost forgot that bugs exist outside at this place. This place is an Oasis where dreams really do come true! Thank you a thousand times over!

2015-07-25T08:03:16 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Thanks Melissa!! It was our pleasure and what an awesome review, thanks you so much! Sheri

A Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Lisa S

I was impressed with Mixon's from the start. Sheri was warm and inviting and was really helpful, letting us know all the things that we would need to put together. The venue was beautifully lit and they were really tolerant of all of our weird requests (like having a half of a... Read More chandelier). We all had a wonderful time, got tons of compliments on our wedding, and we are thankful that Mixon's was there for us!

2015-06-26T07:46:38 Response from the vendor

Thank You So Much Lisa! It was my pleasure getting to know you and your fabulous family! Loved working with you guys!

All in one

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 sheri g

Mixon's is stunning and includes so much in their package. No hidden fees or nickel and diming. Simply the best friendly staff. feels like family

2015-04-26T09:21:59 Response from the vendor

Thank You for the review!!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!!!

perfect day

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

We loved the setting at mixons a beautiful setting an oasis in bradenton. Very inexpesive and great staff all very helpful and a special thanks to Sherrie Thank you for a beautuful day

2015-06-26T07:48:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! It was my Pleasure:)

VERY PLEASED!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Barbara M

I was very pleased with every aspect of the service at Mixon's. Professional and friendly. The best part was how efficient they were and how attentive to every need. I would recommend Mixon's for weddings or any other event! A big thank you to the whole staff!

Mixons!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Am P

Mixons was absolutely fabulous! Sheri the wedding planner for mixons, keeps everything in a timely manor and understand people on a budget. There were several financial due dates all in a gapped time frame that made it easy to pay for everything and not feel overwhelmed laying a... Read More large amount of money at once. Sheri helped make our wedding day smooth and beautiful. The Gardens there are hidden and BEAUTIFUL! they maintain the garden wonderfully and I would recommend them to everyone!

2015-06-26T07:41:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review!! Loved being a part of your special day:)

Meet The Director of Sales

Sheri Gooby

I have worked with the Mixon's for 6 years and consider them Family! We make memories at the farm and can't imagine being anywhere else. From sales and marketing, to coordinating, dealing with vendors. I am involved with every aspect of the wedding day. it is my honor to assist our brides every step of their journey with us. When you're with Mixon's, you're with family! Southern Hospitality and charm