Personalized Planning and Creative Design

MMJ creates an experience that is a personal reflection of your style, and combines it with our passion for design and decor. We focus on organization & coordintation for a stress-free enviroment. We love putting personal touches to your special day by taking inspiration from your love story.

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Every detail was above and beyond!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015

We used MMJ Events for our wedding this past May. We were engaged last July- and even before we were engaged I knew I wanted to use MMJ Events. Meleka did my best friends wedding a few years back, and it was absolutely gorgeous. From the beginning I knew I could trust... Read More Meleka with planning our wedding, but I also knew that I could express any opinion I was having, and wasn't afraid of hurting anyone's feelings. Her attention to detail is uncanny, and "Everything she touched turned to gold". I know it sounds corny but literally every detail she handled was done to a tee- small and big details, nothing went untouched. She also came up with unique ideas for the wedding that set our wedding apart from others. If I had the ability I would have parties and renew my vows every year just so she could plan the event- because any event she does is magical! We had an experience with MMJ events that was nothing short of amazing, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Destination Dream

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Kirstin S

When my fiance and I first got engaged, we were dead set on getting married in Columbus. Like every other bride, I started to feel overwhelmed with venues, vendors, and details. I came across the MMJ website and knew within minutes that Meleka was the planner for us. When I... Read More called my fiance to let him know I wanted to hire a planner, his response was " we can handle the wedding ourselves." Boy was he wrong! We fell in love with Meleka and her style immediately. We knew we needed her full service package. After months of planning a wedding in Columbus, we threw Meleka a curve ball and decided to have a destination wedding...in Canada! Oh and I should mention the wedding was in Montreal where the locals speak mostly French. We were absolutely thrilled when Meleka agreed to change plans. With no way of seeing venues or meeting vendors in person, Meleka had her work cut out for her! She spent countless hours researching and requesting information from Montreal vendors. While planning the wedding, we became really close friends. It started to feel like I was planning my wedding with my best friend. We share the same taste which made it more fun to pick out the details. Don't get me wrong, planning a destination comes with it's challenges, but Meleka kept me sane and excited the entire time! From save the date cards to dress fittings to coordinating our budget, she handled everything. Before we knew it, it was time to go to Montreal. She was by my side at 5am boarding a flight to Canada. She handled the crazy flight attendant that tried to stuff my couture gown in an overhead compartment. She calmed my nerves as the TSA shoved my dress through the x-ray machine. Meleka coordinated every last minute detail and handled attitudes from vendors as well as family members. This planner doesn't take no for an answer, she ALWAYS finds an alternative solution. Minutes before I walked down the aisle, I realized I hadn't eaten all day. Feeling faint, Meleka pulled out a mini container of peanut butter and hand fed me (one of the funniest wedding photos). She is 100% on point with her brides :) When she brought us in for our first reveal, my heart stopped! Every detail was absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how gorgeous it turned out. The entire design and layout was exactly how we had imagined it and more. Her attention to detail really came through when it was all put together and our guests complimented us on every aspect of the wedding. From the individual guest menu cards to the lights hanging over the dance floor, our entire wedding was everything we had dreamed (I know cliche, but very true)! Meleka took on the huge task of planning a wedding in another country where English was the second language. She nailed it! We couldn't imagine our engagement or wedding without her beautiful work. We can't thank her enough :)

More than just a wedding planner!

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Shelly W

With a full time job, a fiance who lived out of state, and not a single family member who lived in or around the city we were planning our wedding in, we were in dire need of a planner who would be able to handle our whole planning process while also keeping me sane. Meleka did... Read More just that. She wasn't just a wedding planner for me... she was a scheduler, an anxiety reducer, a decision maker, a motivator, a vendor liaison, and much more. I was out of town every other weekend visiting my fiance, and with a 5 month time frame to plan a 250+ wedding Meleka had everything under control. She just told me where to be and when, told me what decisions I needed to make by what date, helped limit my options so I didn't have time to be indecisive or have to do any of my own research, and helped me put my simple ideas into a fabulously beautiful wedding. I interviewed with other companies, but they felt just like that.. like companies. Like teams of women who their only goal was to build the biggest most fabulous wedding for me. But what was most important to me was how Meleka made me feel like I was in charge, like she was working solely to make me happy to create this day for me, and made me feel like her job was more than just to plan but to also make me feel comfortable, calm, and anxiety free. Any problem there was, I could call Meleka any time of day or email her and she responded ASAP and was already on it fixing it. Which is why we really never had any issues. And Meleka's main concern was making sure I knew she had everything under control which she did. Which was so comforting not having anyone else in town to help me with this wedding. She became more of a friend than a wedding planner and made what could have been the most frustrating and hectic and busy process into a seamless, joyful, and fun process!!! My fiance and I were both very thankful for the hard work Meleka put into our wedding, as it turned out better than we every could have imagined!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kelli V

After seeing MMJ Events all over Instagram and following them for several months before I got engaged I knew I wanted to hire them in some capacity for my wedding. I knew I wouldn't need assistance with the overall design and wedding details so we hired MMJ Events for our day... Read More of coordinating and I am so thankful that we did. We met with Meleka about 6 weeks before our wedding and went over important details. From there she worked with our vendors in setting up a timeline and making sure that everything would run smoothly. I was very glad that we had her, especially the week of when things get super crazy. It was nice to have the peace of mind that someone else was going to take care of everything and it put my mind at ease knowing I was going to be able to sit back and enjoy the day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rachel C

We hired MMJ events for our day-of coordinators and could not have been happier with Rachel and Heather who helped make our day so special! We met with Meleka once in person to go over the details and then communicated via email the weeks & days leading up to the event. Meleka... Read More gave us some great ideas to help put the finishing touches on our wedding. The day-of services started with a good morning text from Rachel congratulating me on the big day. It was so great that she channeled in on all of the excitement we had, but she also made me feel like everything was handled and under control. It was great having the day-of resource so my family and I could focus on soaking up all of the important memories of the day (and not stressing!). Rachel answered all of my questions and last minute texts, which was so appreciated. Everything felt like it all went perfectly according to plan! It wasn't until hours later that I found out there a huge mishap with our grooms cake, but Rachel contacted the vendor and communicated everything through my Maid of Honor, so I didn't have to even know about it. We laughed about how oblivious I was to the cake incident, but that's exactly how it should have been! I didn't fret once about how the day would turn out because I completely trusted MMJ events. I definitely recommend their day-of services as a budget-friendly option for those brides who want the extra help with last minute planning and coordinating for the wedding day. Rachel, Heather & Meleka were all wonderful to work with and I couldn't have imagined my day without them!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Before we got engaged I thought the idea of a wedding planner was a little ridiculous. Then I saw all of the details that go into planning and carrying out a great wedding. Meleka went above and beyond what me or my wife could have imagined for our wedding. I was blown away... Read More with the final product, and would recommend MMJ to any one who wants a great wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Meleka was recommended to me by a friend when my current wedding coordinater was dropping the ball on just about everything. Deciding to have Meleka come in and take over was one of the best decisions I've made! Every detail of my wedding was perfect, and I could not have been... Read More happier with the look, style and feel. I had countless comments on how beautiful the wedding was!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Hannah T

Where do I even begin with Meleka and her team? My wedding was literally PERFECT thanks to her! When I say perfect, I mean it. She made all of my crazy ideas come to life without any hesitation. She kept butterflies alive for days in her refrigerator. She was on the ground... Read More cleaning dirt off of my wedding gown just hours before the ceremony. She assisted my dog down the aisle and I am pretty sure she even brought the sunshine as it had rained 21 days in a row - literally!! She does not skip a beat and her attention to detail is out of this world. She is by far the BEST wedding planner and I could not imagine choosing anyone else.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Tyler S

My wife and I hired Meleka at MMJ Events to be our ‘day of’ wedding coordinator for our big day. I will admit I was skeptical if we needed a coordinator - given the venue had staff that could help out with odds and ends and we had both been in dozens of weddings so "we knew" the... Read More routine pretty well. I will also admit I was wrong…. Meleka was an amazing value-add to our event from the planning and coordination of vendors, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and everything the day of. She even helped diffuse a sticky situation that arose last minute with a vendor that really helped keep the focus on us and stress levels down. She is the ultimate addition to the wedding process and an even better person. 5 Stars it is!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 emily j

A mutual friend recommended Meleka Jolliff of MMJ Events and the moment I met her I knew she was the planner for us. Not only was her work amazing, but we clicked immediately. Meleka was there every step of the way with our planning process and she didn't miss a beat. All of my... Read More family and bridesmaids live in other cities and states so she really was my soundboard for each decision we had to make. She has great relationships with all vendors and did an amazing job getting each of them on the same page with the same image. For the reception, we had a vision of a clear tent reception and she helped turn it into a wedding masterpiece. It was better than I could have ever dreamed of. Every detail of the wedding design was extremely well thought out and personalized. She is also extremely organized and our wedding day went off without a hitch. I honestly cannot recommend MMJ enough. She is simply the best in the business!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Hailey M

Where do I begin? In August of 2014, my best friend asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes! The type A beast within me went straight into planning mode a few days later. My fiance (now husband!) is a dream, and wanted input on food and alcohol, so I (and my... Read More amazing mom) had free reign to do WHATEVER I wanted. The private wedding Pinterest boards (you know you have them) moved to public, and mom and I started at it! My mom and I both work full time jobs, volunteer, and wanted to keep some sort of a social life during the year of wedding planning, so after about a week of thinking we could plan this wedding on our own, we quickly realized that we needed to hire a planner. I met with several planners I found here on The Knot, and they were all lovely, but when I met Meleka (MMJ), I knew we had found the one! She was organized, her portfolio was amazing, and she seemed like someone I could hang with for the next year (brides to be, this is important that you click with your planner bc you will talk to her ALL THE TIME!). Going back to the type A beast that I can be. I am organized, detail oriented, and I knew what I wanted my wedding to look like. I was a little scared to let go of the control, but Meleka was an amazing match for me. She was always one step ahead of me. When I had a question, she had an answer. When I found a problem, she found a solution. She had all of the details nailed down. Amazing. Fast forward to the month of the wedding. Everyone I knew kept asking if I was stressed out or freaking out or if I had a million things to do. I kept calling Meleka asking why I wasn't stressed out. It was because she had my back. She was taking care of the details that I otherwise would have been FREAKING OUT over. Fast forward to the day of the wedding. I was able to relax and enjoy the day without having to run around checking things off the list or tracking vendors. My mom was with me instead of setting up tables, my girls were with me instead of running a last minute errand for me, my husband got to play golf with with guys that morning. There was no stress. Then, we got to the venue, and I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was. Meleka took my 5,000 pins, my crazy descriptions, and all of the emails of ideas and thoughts and put together exactly what we wanted. It was beyond gorgeous. Best. Day. Ever. We could not have done this alone (or if we did, we would have been driven to the brink of insanity). I had the best experience with Meleka, and I would recommend her over and over again. <3

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Lindsay D

We hired Meleka with MMJ Events just over seven months before our wedding date, selecting the full event planning option. We had the ceremony & reception location set, but I did not know where to begin, in order to start pulling the rest together. I knew we would need help! I... Read More really appreciated Meleka's easy-to-use timelines and budget tracker. I am a control freak when it comes to logistical details, but my artistic creativity is quite lacking. I needed someone I could trust to organize all the planning logistics the way I wanted, but really help me start from scratch on the design aspect. She was able to take all of my ideas, from hundreds of Pinterest pictures and create a cohesive event design. Having someone help me negotiate with vendors, while sometimes receiving a discount, was a huge help. Almost every vendor we used was on her preferred vendors list, and they were ALL fabulous. One of the top reasons we wanted a planner, was to ensure everything ran smoothly on the day of our wedding, without having to task family members with additional responsibilities, or do it ourselves. As such, I woke up on my wedding day completely stress-free because I was 100% confident that everything would be handled. While I later found out about a few very minor mishaps, I never knew anything was amiss on the day of, because it was promptly handled. If nothing else, that made it worth every penny! I definitely recommend Meleka, especially for her event design. Our day was perfect, and just as I imagined it!

Terrific Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Amy B

I knew I would need assistance with my backyard DIY country wedding. Not only would I need the normal wedding support but I knew getting our farm ready for 200 guests would be tricky. Meleka was fully engaged in the process with me and was a tremendous help whether it was... Read More vendor recommendations, tent placement, guest gift bags, reception set-up, and the list goes on. The day of the wedding was full of setting up and last minute details and if it hadn't been for Meleka's organization and keeping me on track, I'm certain I would have been late to my own wedding! She had everyone dressed and put together with flowers in hand, ready for the ceremony on time, and I didn't have to think about a thing. We had some rain on our wedding day and Meleka had Plan B ready to go before I could even start worrying about it. Luckily we didn't have to alter things because the rain stopped just in time, but if we would have, I was confident with her decisions, and I think any bride with an outdoor wedding would agree what a big deal that is! Meleka and her team worked tirelessly behind the scenses to make things happen, making decisions and keeping me stress free so that I could truly enjoy my wedding day to the fullest. I wholly recommend Meleka and MMJ Events for your wedding or party planning. She will be a truly invested partner in your event and will work diligently to make your vision come to life.

Absolutely beautiful wedding...the most perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

My daughter's wedding was absolutely beautiful...It was the most perfect day! Meleka and her staff did an excellent job; they are very knowledgeable, passionate and they created wonderful memories for our family and friends. Meleka definitely exceeded my expectations and I... Read More would strongly recommend her! Thank you for a job well done!

A wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jacquilyn S

MMJ events did an excellent job planning our wedding from start to finish. Meleka's eye for creativity and style combined with her close relationships to excellent vendors helped make our wedding beautiful, unique and truly memorable. We don't know what we would have done... Read More without Meleka and her team; the day flowed seamlessly thanks to them and left us with no worries.

Meleka is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Elizabeth A

I hired Meleka for day-of services to make sure everything was on schedule and running smoothly and that's exactly what happened. She paid attention to every detail to insure the most perfect day ever! She is extremely responsive, laid back and really wants the best for her... Read More brides. I highly, HIGHLY recommend Meleka!

Great wedding planner!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014

MMJ Events provided a partial wedding planning package. It was a perfect balance -- the package was budget-friendly, but also provided some much needed support for the things that I DIDN'T realize needed to be prepped for wedding day! The team was incredibly professional and... Read More forward-thinking; they really worked to ensure that my dream was captured on my wedding day. MMJ Events has tremendous flexibility when it comes to your event: if you need someone to provide support from light to bright, or if you simply need someone to keep you sane throughout the final 3 months, they are the go-to!

Thank You MMJ Events!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Ashley S

When we started planning our wedding, hiring a wedding planner was something we went back and forth on. We live on the west coast and were having our wedding in Columbus, Ohio and I thought at first I could do a lot of the planning....I was so WRONG! I saw some of Meleka's... Read More weddings and loved her work, I then spoke to Meleka and she immediately helped us book the most important part to us which was the band! We have a lot of the same style once we talked and her ideas, I loved and felt very comfortable with letting her plan our entire wedding! I live out of town and she was able to make it to appointments when I couldn't and sent me pictures and texts to let me feel like I was still involved. I really relied on her for advice and she was very truthful as to what we needed and what we didn't, which I loved that! The day of the wedding I did not have to worry about a thing. I loved seeing the room for the first time, it was everything that we ever imagined and more! Out of every decision we made for our wedding, this is the #1 most important and most worth it to both my husband and I. Thank you MMJ events for everything!

Perfect for the busy bride

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Katie R

I was so excited to get married but I work 80 hours a week in a hospital in Virginia, 400 miles from my hometown of Columbus. Thankfully we found Meleka! Kind and amazing through the whole process, she shepherded us through the would-be overwhelming process of planning a... Read More wedding. Leading up to the wedding and after it I would use the beautiful details Meleka had planned to distract my patients. My experience would remind them of their wedding day and it was so amazing to see how remembering that day could transport them out of everything they were going through and bring a smile to their face. What Meleka does is so amazing. My wedding day was perfect, I could not have asked for anything more and I will carry my memories of that day with me for the rest of my life. Thanks so much Meleka!

Our boots on the ground; and then some!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Jeff K

Having MMJ events as a wedding planner was the best decision we could have made. MMJ far exceeded our expectations over and over again during the planning process and on the actual big day. My wife and I both work demanding jobs and live on the east coast so planning a 200... Read More person event in Columbus was going to be impossible for us to handle on our own. MMJ was able to make planning from afar a simple, fun, and extremely positive experience for us both. From proposing and adding small artistic details that fit our personal tastes perfectly, to resolving logistical issues that arose quickly and independently (huge load off our shoulders!), having this help was so much better than we could have ever expected. It's been several months and we are still receiving regular compliments on how beautiful and in-line with our style the event was. Meleka Joliff and her team made our day perfect and one we will never forget. We can't thank them enough.

Meleka is wonderful! :)

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 M W

We had a very small wedding (~45 ppl) and I thought we'd be able to handle everything ourselves, but we were from out-of-town and as the big day got closer, I began to panic. Thank goodness we decided to hire Meleka as our Day Of Coordinator! Right from the first email, she... Read More was friendly, encouraging, and most importantly, extremely helpful and organized. I knew she was an utter pro from the gorgeous weddings I'd seen on her website that she had designed from top to bottom-- and even though we were just hiring her for day-of coordination, she still had so much advice to offer. "Day Of" actually starts earlier - Meleka has all kinds of checklists to make sure all your ducks are in a row. It helped set our minds at ease to know that even though we were handling most things ourselves, she was making sure we were crossing our t's and dotting our i's. When the big weekend arrived, she was there for our rehearsal to offer thoughts and suggestions about the little details of the ceremony (and I felt much better knowing "how it was usually done"), and then on the big day, she and her assistant were at both the ceremony and the reception to help-- unobtrusive and yet appearing everywhere to help just when they were needed, like amazing "wedding ninjas"! When I was quaking in my shoes nervously waiting to walk down the aisle, I glanced around and there was Meleka (I hadn't even heard her), gently and expertly arranging my veil and train, with a sweet smile and a wink. :) At the reception, she and her assistant had helped us set up place cards and last minute decorations, and then after the guests arrived, she kept everything running smoothly (and even helped save the day when I had a bit of a dress emergency-- phew!). Knowing she had easily handled weddings much grander and complex than our cozy family gathering, I felt secure knowing that she'd keep everything running without a hitch. Meleka is a true professional. Besides being super organized and detailed, she is sweet, thoughtful and encouraging-- offering just the right words to get you through a stressful day of wedding planning. No matter whether your wedding is big or small, glamorous and chic or down-to-earth and cozy, Meleka will make sure that everything goes swimmingly on your big day so that you can relax and enjoy yourself. I'm so glad we decided to have her as our Day Of Coordinator! :)

Best wedding planner ever!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Whitney K

Hiring MMJ Events was the best decision we made! I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and my husband and I have very different styles. Meleka found a way to bring both of our styles together and created something perfect for us! Somehow, even though I couldn't always explain what... Read More I wanted, she found a way to make it happen. Meleka assisted with everything from venue selection to the florist and cake, etc. She had great ideas and was always giving guidance on what would look good and what wasn't worth spending money on. Most importantly, she found ways to make our wedding unique and special for us. Custom cocktails were just the beginning (we had three, one for me, one for my husband, and one for our dog!) We had a s'mores bar that was absolutely amazing - multiple flavored marshmallows, different kinds of graham crackers, and about ten different kinds of candy... And Meleka planned it all. We also released Chinese lanterns - and gave one to each guest to light as well. It was amazing to watch all of the lanterns in the night sky. Again, all coordinated by Meleka. Meleka was amazing. I would recommend her in a heartbeat! Weddings can be stressful but I was never worried because I knew with Meleka we would be all set! She has strong relationships with other vendors and knew which ones would be best for us, so the hassle of trying to find all of the other vendors was immediately reduced. After the wedding we received so many compliments and so much of it was due to Meleka!

Invest in your wedding experience with MMJ Events

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Michelle M

When I first got engaged, I thought I could handle planning a wedding and a full-time job. After wading through the seemingly endless vendors and trying to get anyone from the venues to call us back, I knew I needed help. I went to high school with Meleka and knew she had a... Read More growing event planning business. I remembered she had great taste and was easy to get along with, so I picked up the phone and signed up for her full service package. Looking back, I can safely say this decision paid for itself and then some. I had always wanted an Old Hollywood wedding, but beyond that I was overwhelmed with decisions. Meleka made the entire process so much fun. She gave me several really solid options for each item on our to-do list, and then did all the groundwork setting up appointments around our schedules. She gave us vendors she trusts and has good relationships with, sometimes those who even gave us discounts for using MMJ. When we had vendors she didn't normally work with and who never followed through, Meleka stayed professional and focused, making sure everything came together. The most fun was the design process. Meleka was so talented at listening to what I wanted, wading through my Pinterest boards, and coming up with a final product at the end. I felt like anytime I couldn't verbalize what I wanted, she was right there with the answer. It was invaluable to have someone to bounce ideas off of, and I knew she would always give me her honest opinion. I will never forget walking into the reception room in the Columbus Museum of Art and seeing all our ideas put together - it was one of my favorite moments of the day. I think our guests described our wedding day the best. My dad said of Meleka's day-of-coordination, "She is so calm, cool and collected - makes it easy to enjoy ourselves." Another guest said, "This is truly a celebration of the two of you as a couple." And at the end of the night after all the amazing food, drinks and dancing, it seemed everyone said to us, "This is easily the best wedding I have ever attended." Maybe the guests were just saying that, but I know it was the best day of my life, and I attribute the relaxing, fun, organized, beautiful day to my wedding planner and friend at MMJ Events!

101% Satisfaction with MMJ Events!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Abigail G

I recently planned my daughter's Ohio wedding from my home in the Seattle area. Knowing I would need someone "on the ground" to help with local details, I engaged Meleka from MMJ. She was extremely professional, attentive to details and easy to work with. She maintained a... Read More perfect balance between listening to our own preferences and requests with her own suggestions and recommendations. All of the vendors (from hair and make-up to the music and flowers) she recommended were excellent and they all seemed very happy to work with her. The day was absolutely perfect and everyone was delighted!

TOP vendor!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 kaleigh s

Meleka was my day of coordinator and was beyond fantastic. She was easily my favorite vendor to work with during the process of wedding planning! Even though she was hired on just as a day of coordinator she ended up doing so much more and was exactly what I was looking for in a... Read More planner. Meleka and I spoke often during the wedding planning process and she was always so willing to help me with any ideas, plans or vendor recommendations. My mind was put at ease working with her. She is so organized and on top of things (with wonderful ideas and inputs) and I knew once I met her that my day would be perfect in her hands, and it was exactly that. Meleka was fantastic during the wedding weekend- on time, organized and helped with all those minor bumps in the road. She executed my vision for the wedding perfectly and it came out just beautiful. We are still receiving so many compliments on how beautiful, fun, and perfect our day was. Without a doubt you are in good hands with Meleka- I would recommend her to any bride, or anyone planning any event.