Modern Bridal Studio Hair & Makeup On Location

Alexandria, VA

Modern Bridal Studio

Book your Bridal Package which includes: On location Bridal Hair and Makeup - with brow shaping with lashes and airbrush. (includes the trial run and touch up kit.) We also offer: Group Rates, Spray Tanning. Services available On Location and at the Studio

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Tanning, Beauty

950 North Washington Street , Alexandria, VA

Gorgeous Bridal Hair & Makeup

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Caitlin D

I could not have been happier with my hair & makeup on my wedding day. Dani made me and my bridesmaids looks flawless on a hot summer day, and our makeup stayed on perfectly despite the heat. Carolyn was also a pleasure to work with leading up to our wedding day. The... Read More whole morning was very relaxing since Dani came to where we were staying and no one had to commute. We all got ready in the same room, listened to music, and it was a good way to relax and calm any wedding day jitters.

Beautiful Work and Timely

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Carolyn B

Carolyn is fantastic! This past weekend was my brothers Wedding where she did the hair and makeup for my mother, myself, my SIL and my 2 aunts. She is a consummate professional, timely and extremely talented. A true artist! This was the second time I have used Carolyn's services... Read More and it will not be the last. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone for their Wedding.

I would give 3/12 stars if I could

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Ashley S

Timing was the only problem with Modern Bridal Studio. Other than that, me and my bridesmaids looked gorgeous.

2013-01-14T22:16:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. We loved the way the looks turned out for your large group as well. We appreciate your business. The atmosphere was so fun and relaxed. Congratulations!

No show for appointment

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Colleen R

I had a bad experience with Modern Bridal Studio. I booked an appointment a week in advance to get my makeup done for my engagement photos. I made my appointment with Carolyn based off reviews on Wedding Wire and the Knot. Carolyn never showed up for my appointment as scheduled... Read More and after waiting 25 minutes (I had a 30 minute appointment) I had no choice but to leave and go home to do my own makeup. It ruined my day. I will not be using Modern Bridal Studio in the future.

2015-11-15T17:55:56 Response from the vendor

Colleen, We are very sorry that there was an error with the start time of your appointment and that you felt like your day was ruined. We truly value your happiness and tried many ways to make it up to you. We recently launched online... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Lindsay G

Love the artists at Modern Bridal! It took so much stress out of the wedding morning to be able to get ready in the comfort of the bridal suite, and our hair and makeup looked amazing and held up wonderfully through all of the tears, outdoor pictures, and a raucous dance floor.

Amazing make up and hair!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Elizabeth G

I was so pleased with my experience with Modern Bridal Studio! Carolyn was very helpful and responsive when I was trying to make up my mind on hair and makeup. Once the style was confirmed after the trial, she was on hand to provide general guidance and field frantic questions... Read More and requests. Carolyn and her staff accommodated a ten person bridal party and made the entire process easy, fun, and low-stress. All my needs were met and I would recommend Modern Bridal Studio to anyone without hesitation.

Very happy

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Kristen B

We had an early morning wedding, so I needed to find help with hair and makeup on location at the hotel, starting around 6am, for myself and the bridal party. With Modern Bridal I was able to meet the stylist at the trial run so we could get to know each other and make plans... Read More for my hair and makeup. Everything went as planned and it was a great experience.

Bridal Hair and Makeup

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Jennifer G

I checked viewed about 50 websites and checked the pricing for several vendors before deciding to book my bridal hair and makeup with modern bridal. I actually booked modern bridal prior to my trial run. I immediately decided to book with this vendor because all the brides in... Read More pictures looked absolutely beautiful without being overly made up. My goals was to look a better version of myself on the day of my wedding rather than a mannequin. The day of my trial was not quite certain what I wanted my hair and makeup to look, so I took a bunch of pictures and Stefanie combined elements of each to make a perfect but unique wedding updo for the day of my wedding. Stefanie also did the hair and makeup for my mom as well as my bridesmaids and everyone was very happy with their hair and makeup. Thanks to modern bridal I felt like a princess and I looked great for our wedding pictures. I am so happy I chose modern bridal and I highly recommend them for both hair and makeup.

Amazing Job!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Sarah D

Paulina and Erica styled my bridesmaids and myself for my wedding day. Paulina did my hair and makeup, and she did an amazing job! I looked like myself, but glamorous and beautiful in a way I could never do myself. The vendor prices are competitive with the going DC rates, and... Read More they do wonderful work. They were also responsive, on time and great to chat with while I sat in the chair.

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Kristin M

Modern Bridal Studio was a great choice for my wedding hair and makeup! Carolyn was a great contact leading up to the big day. Paulina came to my apartment for a trial and did a fabulous job. She listened to what I asked for, and fixed it when it wasn't 100% right. Then on the... Read More big day, she and Rachelle showed up early, and did a fabulous job getting my whole bridal party all glamorous. They made my already beautiful bridesmaids look even more stunning. Every single person loved their hair and makeup, and they were flexible on adding/changing services once we were there. But most of all, my hair and makeup were perfect. They made me look like a model, and I received the most amazing compliments all day/night long. My hair was even put together so well, that it lasted the entire day after the wedding while I was swimming and splashing in the river. These girls were well worth the money and I would highly recommend them!

Awesome All Around!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Emily M

Having effortlessly communicated with Carolyn to setup the details, I'm so thrilled to have been paired with Stephanie for my and my MOH hair and makeup. I met with Stephanie for a trial at my apartment a couple months before my big day. We started by chatting about the... Read More feel of the wedding day, my dress, and I showed her some inspiration photos...then we got to work! Not only is she very talented; thoughtful in my requests and accommodating to my feedback, she is a total sweetheart. I enjoyed the process and look, as well as the company. I was so excited to have her join my MOH and I as we prepared for the day. Stephanie met us at our hotel room and it instantly felt like an old friend had arrived. We had a great time and my sister and I looked fantastic! Stephanie worked her magic replicating my look from the trial with ease AND sewed a button back on my dress in a moment of panic just before the start of the festivities. Our hair and makeup held up well into the night, despite jumping and dancing for hours, too! Long story short, Modern Bridal Studio made the whole process, stress-free and effortless...and Stephanie is amazing! I'm so happy and grateful to have had her talents and personality as a part of the big day!

Extremely Pleased

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Dana L

I chose Modern Bridal Studio to be the hair and make up vendor for my wedding in Alexandria, VA. I had Carolyn, the owner of the company, do my hair and make up. I had 7 other ladies scheduled for hair and make up, and there were separate artists that came to take care of... Read More their services so that Carolyn's attention was focused on me. I paid for all of the services in advance, but I had many friends visit my hotel room while we were getting ready. Two of my friends loved how great everyone looked and wished that they had scheduled appointments. When Carolyn was finished with my hair and make up, she offered to do my friends as well even though they weren't scheduled! She had the capability for them to pay on credit right there. Everyone came out gorgeous! Throughout the trial process, Carolyn was great about offering suggestions and trying to recreate exactly what I was looking for. I had several trials because I wanted to try different looks and she was very patient and tried multiple looks at each trial. She took pictures of each from all different angles and sent them to me so that I could look them over at home and decide which look was the best. On the day of my wedding, my hair came out amazing and I got a ton of compliments on it. My make up was flawless and stayed on all day and night. I would highly recommend Carolyn based on her demeanor, her ability to be a creative partner in the process, her professionalism, and her hair & make up abilities.