We'll Make Your Night Last Forever!

Modern Sound Deejays is not your typical DJ event company. We strive to perfect your event in every way. We offer an experienced Deejay at all events. Our mission is to leave every wedding with an overly satisfied client and room of constituents. We want your wedding to be talked about for years to come. We intend to make all of our clients repeat customers! How do we do this? Simple. We become your friends. We like to provide a blanket of security and comfort. With weekly to bi-weekly check-ins, constant communication, suggestions, and contemporary thinking, we work to perfect your wedding from start to finish. We stand out because we focus on quality. The person you speak with is guaranteed to be at your wedding to follow through with your vision.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Flamenco, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

650 48th St, Brooklyn, NY Tristate Area (646) 284-1817
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Claire M

Omg, Modern DJ is the best ever! I hired them to play at my wedding on September 10,20017 and words just cant say enough, my guests, husband and i had a ball, my guest, husband and i work that dance floor, the music was so good and they played all the ones that i requested on... Read More paper. My dad and father in-law also worked the dance floor like a pro...i am so glad that i chooses Modern sound Dj LLC. The MC was great and so fun he kept my guest on their dance feet, i liked that he brings the Congo line all around that was so cute...my little flower girls, ring bearer was so having fun dancing around with the MC, my whole bridal party was in on it too. I love that there was 3 MC 's just incase something goes wrong they would have a back up i feel really special more than ever...thank you Modern Sounds DJ LLC..you are theeee best..I will certainly recommend you to friends and family.. Anthony and Claire Marinelli

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Elyse M

We had a phenomenal experience with Modern Sound Deejays from start to finish -- and even after our wedding! Not only were they willing to travel from NYC to Cape Cod, they were a pleasure to plan with, considerate, asked thoughtful questions and made sure every detail was to... Read More our liking. They not only met our expectations, but instead exceeded them by being able to accommodate us on all music requests, our guests' music requests and honoring specific traditions! Eric and Jonathan had us dancing all night long (including my husband who usually doesn't dance). They helped us truly form lasting memories. We loved having them there -- as did our family members and guests. By the end of the night, everyone we spoke to noted that our deejays provided the best entertainment and atmosphere they had ever experienced at a wedding before and we strongly agree! The entertainment and professionalism they provided was well worth our investment of time, money and joy! Moreover, we were honored to have them contribute to our big day! They were a pleasure to be around. Positive attitudes for sure! If you're looking for understanding, fun and professional deejays who have nothing but your best interests in mind, we highly recommend Modern Sound Deejays!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Lindsey R

I just had my wedding in June 2017 and Modern Sound Deejays made it such a special day!! Seriously Modern Sound is the BEST. I was first introduced to them at my friend’s wedding. They kept the party super lively and fun the whole time. I enjoyed them so much I knew I wanted to... Read More hire them for my own wedding. The person I worked with was Eric and he is awesome. I ended up going with one of their 4 hour packages with the ceremony and photoblast added. I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonably priced they were for what they delivered. From the first email I sent Eric he was super professional and really timely with his responses, which I absolutely appreciated as someone making a million decisions at the time. I always felt like the music and the flow of the party were handled because Eric was always so organized. Besides being super professional and timely, the folks at Modern Sound know parties, vibes, making it live!! My husband and I danced the whole night, my family and friends danced a bunch too. Even our caterer, who’s been to a ton of weddings was talking about how good the music was. People were even singing along to songs during dinner. My vision for music that day was a fun house party vibe, truly a celebration and Eric and his team understood this and delivered in spades. What was awesome was that they tailored the music to me and my husband’s taste and made sure to play the songs we definitely wanted to hear and left out the ones we definitely didn’t want to hear. I have to say they we my favorite vendors to work with for my wedding. If you’re looking for DJs who not only know how to bring the party but are the consummate professionals, hire Modern Sound. I’m so grateful for all of their work.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Carolina M

Modern Sound Deejays were the best choice we made for our wedding! At first it felt weird since we never met in person and everything we did was through Videochat and over the phone but Eric was absolutely incredible and made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire... Read More planning, he answered every text and every question i had, he helped me plan and gave me advice when I asked for it. The day of the actual wedding he made sure everyone was on time. The Dj Anthony and MC Jonathan were extremely professional and they came to my husband and I to make sure everything was running smoothly and to communicate to us what would happen next; it made us feel really good to know what an incredible DJ team we had that day. They played all the music we had planned and my family loved them! They did such a great job that other guests at my wedding want their services for future weddings and sweet sixteens they are planning. Thank you again for such an incredible job you guys did!!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Rydell W

Maaaaaan! Modern Sound Deejays did a phenomenal job. I haven't been to too many weddings besides my own, but I have been told not many have guests that stay on the dance floor for so long. Everyone enjoyed themselves, EVERYONE! Too bad the night wen by so fast. But I would... Read More definitely book Modern Sound Deejays again for anything. Thank you guys for keeping my wife happy. Lol.

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Melissa L

You must have Modern Sound Deejays DJ your wedding! They are absolutely amazing, professional and most importantly genuinely happy to assist your needs. If you like to party you will have an amazing time with Modern Sound Deejays. My guests are still talking about the great... Read More music and atmosphere! My husband and I can't wait to book Modern Sound Deejays for our next event!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Angela F

They where fantastic. They where on time, professional, the light decal and the photographic depiction of different moments of my wedding and reception that ran continuously on the television screen was a point of both conversation and pleasure for me and my guests. And lastly... Read More but most certainly not least the DJ and the MC kept the guests engaged, energetic and smiling all through the night so much so by the end of the night they almost felt like family. It was a pleasure working with them and I would definitely work with them again.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stacy V

Modern sound deejays are great! Easy to communicate with and gave us exactly what we asked for. Great to work with, we had a night we'll never forget!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Miranda S

Eric was absolutely everything I could ask for in a DJ. We scheduled a meeting before booking him and both myself and my husband loved him. He was very professional but not in a stuffy way. He's just an awesome, real dude. We ended up booking him as our DJ and he was also... Read More providing a photobooth for us. The wedding went so well. I got compliments throughout the night on our DJ. Our wedding was filled with musicians as guests too, so they're biased. They loved him and how well he worked with the crowd. Eric was a real pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 britt h

Modern Sounds Deejays [Eric] was the absolute best part of our wedding day. From the first email, Eric's responses were professional and prompt. He never once missed a phonecall or facetime appointment and always had the quickest turn around on texts and emails. He was basically... Read More available 24/7 and had phenomenal ideas for planning our wedding outside of his music expertise. Day of wedding music and entertainment was better then I could of imagined thanks to Eric and Anthony. I enjoyed working with the crew at Modern Sounds Deejays so immensely I would throw another wedding just to employee them again. An absolute delight and pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 jackie d

I have to say this was the most amazing accommodating amazing breath taking worth every penny of entertainment . My guest's and I cant explain the vibe they brought to my wedding. My dance floor was packed, my guests wanted to pay to extend my wedding no one wanted the party to... Read More end they were perfect from beginning to end. I am the pickiest person ever and always find something to complain about. Special thanks to Johnathon and Eric and Matteo who held my hand through the entire process and assured me everything would be fine. I cant say enough amazing things about them. but I want to do it again just to have them dj and mc my party

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Giselle D

Modern Sound Deejays were such a pleasure to work with last Saturday!! Two of the guys I actually personally knew from college. They were so professional and really worked well with the crowd!!! The music was live and there was never a empty moment on the dance floor! Thank you... Read More for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

Eric is very professional and very easy to work with. He is very responsibe to all inquires. He's very organized and made the entire planning process very easy. We were very pleased with the work the team put into our wedding. Wedding flowed very well and they kept the party fun... Read More and lively. Great job!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Silvia P

Let me start off by saying that for me and my husband, the most important thing for us was that our guests enjoyed their time; in order for that to happen we believed the food and the music had to be ON POINT! Having said that, I have nothing but great things to say about Modern... Read More Sound Deejays. My contact from the beginning was Eric and I can say that from the moment I contacted him up until the night of, he was nothing short of professional, kind and reliable. He always emphasized the fact that he did not want us worrying about anything and that was their job; I trusted everyone within the company fully to provide A+ services and I was not disappointed. AMAZING WORK :)

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Rosemary E

Modern Sound Deejays did an amazing job at my wedding - HANDS DOWN! I was nervous about finding a DJ that would cover the diversity of my guest, while staying true to what my husband & I wanted the night to be remembered for. MSDs was recommended by a friend who attended a... Read More wedding they worked and had great things to say. I researched & interviewed several DJs. I chose MSDs because they were responsive, experienced, thorough, professional and GREAT to work with. They gave me honest advice and were super helpful in last minute details such as getting a photobooth for my favors, and finding musicians for my ceremony. I HIGHLY recommend these guys - You will not regret this decision! Special thank you to Eric for getting back to my million emails :) Wishing MSDs much success - You guys rock!

2016-04-15T21:29:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Rosemary! We appreciate the kind words and hope to work with you again!!

Awesome!!! Loved them!!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Agnieszka M

Modern Sound Deejays blew our wedding out of the park. They kept the crowd dancing all night and did a great job incorporating polish and caribbean tracks. We booked them about 6 months before our event. Eric was always reachable if we had any questions. He even sent us a list... Read More of polish songs from a previous wedding to make it easier for us to finalize our play list. We were given a planner to indicate what we wanted to hear and what we didnt. Working with Modern Sound Deejays was very effortless. They were extremely polite, professional and easy going which we very much appreciated. The day of the event they showed up early and gave us exactly what we wanted.. a PARTY!!! Our package included uplighting, gobo, ceremony music, the reception and more. One of the main reasons why we decided to go with modern sound deejays was because they offered uplighting in their package. We are very pleased with their services. We felt that the price we paid for all that we received was a steal. Our friends were very happy and everyone had good things to say. We all danced till the last song and to top it off Modern Sound Deejays took photos of our event. BOOK THEM!!!

Worth It!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Virginia L

We booked Modern Sound Deejays for our wedding on Friday, August 21, 2015. From the start, Eric, Anthony and Joseph were very well organized, professional and exceedingly helpful. Despite getting married himself and going on his honeymoon, our point of contact (Eric) was... Read More accessible at all times (Congrats again, Eric!). We started the process with a vague idea of what we were looking for, but with their assistance, everything came together beautifully; TVs, uplighting, personalized GOBO, they definitely know what they're doing and it was a pleasure working with them. After the wedding, we got a lot of unsolicited positive feedback from our guests about the music - they knew exactly the vibe we were going for even though we only made a few suggestions on our "must play" and "must not play" list. We would highly recommend booking these guys, they were just so easy to work with.

2016-01-22T09:42:42 Response from the vendor

Hi Virginia & Alex! Thank you so much for the kind words! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with from day 1. I knew from the day that we first spoke that it would be an amazing wedding. Everyone from your guests to... Read Less Read More

Fun times!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Bianca G

I worked mostly with Eric. He was very professional and always available to answer any questions in person or by phone. This means everything if you are a stressed out bride like me. They were very accommodating and helpful the day of. Always making sure we were on schedule... Read More and aiming to please at all times. Everyone had a blast dancing at our wedding, the mixes were on point. I got a lot of compliments on the music. Modern Sound Deejays helped to create a magical and perfect night not just for the bride and groom but for everyone present. They know their music (all music) :)

2016-01-13T11:52:59 Response from the vendor

Bianca, we are humbled by your kind words!It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Matt. Seeing you guys interact on the dance floor was enough to prove how in love you guys are. Hope to work with you guys again some day and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

"Really stumbled upon them online and got so lucky! Music and food are the most important pieces of a wedding and they nailed it . Everyone from kids to grandparents were out on the floor all night "

2016-01-13T12:05:51 Response from the vendor

Hi Angela! What a party! We had such a blast at your wedding. What a small world that we had people in the same social circle. We're so glad that you enjoyed our services and we hope that when Chris isn't off saving the world,... Read Less Read More

Need a Dj who will deliver? These are your guys

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Paola P

I truly love these guys!!! I had my wedding on Saturday, 4th of July, They were so great. They made sure everything they did was right and they knew exactly what songs I liked without me telling them. I can't rave enough about these guys! Music was incredible I wish the... Read More reception was longer so they can make me dance some more! Days after my wedding, family and friends still say how good the music was.The 3 gentlemen are awesome to talk to. They made me feel as if i invited 3 more guest not three vendors. Lov Will hire modern sound deejays again hands down in a heartbeat.

2016-01-13T11:29:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks Paola! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Jeff! You guys are super down to earth and easy to work with. We hope that we can work with you guys again soon!

Modern Sound Deejays

Reviewed on 12/10/2015

Eric and his team made the roof shake! These guys are respectful, professional, and accommodating. They did our wedding in July 2015. They played every song we requested and were quite good at getting people up on the dance floor despite a mixed crowd of guests. My wife and I... Read More highly recommend them and definitely would use them again. They cater to different tastes in music and despite us giving them a playlist at the last minute they took interest in every song we requested as well as the overall vibe of the crowd. These guys are organic!

2016-01-13T12:12:25 Response from the vendor

Alex, thank you so much for your kind words. You were so easy to work with and definitely organized. Your wedding was really beautiful, great venue and view. It was a pleasure working with you and Andrea! We had a great time going through our... Read Less Read More

April wedding Château Briand

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Julie S

My husband and I are beyond blessed to be able to work with Modern Sound Deejays. Eric was so amazing throughout this wedding journey very professional, on time and did everything he can to keep us happy. My guest have continued to speak about all the fun they had my whole dance... Read More floor was full there was not 1 guest sitting down. I will continue to keep modern sound deejays in mind for every event Love always Julie and Jonathan Rodriguez

2016-01-13T11:37:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks for all of your kind words Julie! Working with you and Jonathan was an absolute pleasure. From the day that you decided to book us all the way through today, you have remained in constant contact and are also the cause of countless referrals.... Read Less Read More

THEY MADE MY WEDDING!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Frankie R

I used this company for my wedding and OMG was I blown away!! My husband had 1 task and that was music. When he told me my DJ was coming from NYC I almost divorced him before we made it to the alter LOL so I emailed the DJ with every little question I had and THEY ANSWERED every... Read More single question and concern and promptly! The night before the wedding the company flew in and went over EVERYTHING with us. The day of the wedding they kept my party going from the moment it began. Till this day everyone still tells me how live and amazing the vibe at my wedding was and I have to say I owe it ALL to these guys! I'm already looking for events to plan just to book them again!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!

2016-01-13T11:43:40 Response from the vendor

Frankie, it really was our honor to fly out to Orlando and work with you guys. I loved how going over the planner with you the night before, you guys had everything figured out and were ready to go. You had an awesome set of... Read Less Read More

Awesome!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Sully G

Eric and I had a blast. I could expect no less from Modern Sound Deejays. From they got the entrances perfect, DJ Ant1 was keeping everyone up to the point where even at dinner people could not contain themselves and got up to dance anyway. DJ Cabo has to be the best MC out... Read More there and kept the crowd even more excited than they already were. The main introductions were everything I asked for and I couldn't have been happier than I already was marrying the man of my dreams. Would I hire them again? Is that even a question?

2016-01-13T12:13:19 Response from the vendor

Sully, we're glad that you had a great time at your wedding. We had a great time providing services for you and your great crowd. We're still talking about how much fun we had. Looking forward to many more parties together.

Eric Burgos

I am one of the owners and DJ's. I come from various musical backgrounds. As a former music producer and engineer, I understand the general make up of music and have since translated that into the tunes that I spin and also my understanding of how brides and grooms can think. I work along side with DJ Cabo and DJ Ant1 who, combined, have done over 500 weddings as individuals and together. I like to focus on the basic principle of any relationship, and that's trust. I want our clients to trust us with the biggest day of their lives and not only be a vendor, but a friend.