Mohonk Mountain House

New Paltz, NY

A Romantic Victorian Castle Resort!

Just 90 miles from NYC, our spectacular setting is ideal for your wedding. With the #1 Spa in the US, a 19th-century Parlor or stunning gardens for your reception, charming accommodations, exquisite cliffs and a pristine lake, private dining and catering, horse and carriage rides, golf, and more!

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

1000 Mountain Rest Road, New Paltz, NY

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 erin r

My husband and I were married at Mohonk in June 2014. Everything was incredible, and we really can't say enough good things about Aimee, our coordinator at Mohonk. Our ceremony was at their beautiful garden, cocktails were on a gorgeous balcony overlooking their lake, and the reception was in their East Dining Room, which was the indoor option for an evening wedding. We had about 78 people, which felt like a good amount for that room, including a dance floor. They were also super accommodating of our request for all vegan food. They really went above and beyond. We also recommend using the picnic house for a rehearsal dinner setting. they set up outdoor seating and had a firepit going, which was really great.

December 14, 2013 Winter Wonderland Wedding

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

Mohonk Mountain House was the most perfect wedding venue for us! My husband and I were so happy with how everything turned out on our wedding day. Our wedding planner Christina was fantastic. It was such a pleasure to work with her. Christina was very thorough in our planning and I found her demeanor very calming, which I think we can all agree is extremely important in planning your wedding and most importantly on the day itself! Anyone who has been to Mohonk Mountain House knows how breathtaking it is, and on the day of our wedding, I have to say it was truly magical. Not only was it stunning, the food was delicious. I honestly can't think of a better place to have celebrated our special day. And the best part is we have this incredible resort to visit time and again, to celebrate our anniversaries and visit as our family grows, always with the memory of our winter wonderland wedding, a day I'll cherish forever.

Excellent service from the very first phone call

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Thomas S

Aimmee and Christine were super to deal with right from the initial inquiry to the very last day on site. We live in Texas so we had to deal with the challenge of not being close to the site to plan in advance. Mohonk took care of every detail for us and hit the mark each time. I highly recommend them for your event.

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Virginia P

We selected Mohonk Mountain House for our ceremony and reception. I wanted to have the convenience of holding both at the same venue, and Mohonk made it so easy! In addition, they provided the cake (many options to choose from and they will accommodate specific design requests). Aimee was our wedding planner and she was so helpful, accommodating and attentive. The food was really amazing - many of our guests from the wedding are still raving about the food! The service was also great, far exceeding our expectations. I felt like the staff really cared that we have a great wedding, and I like the fact that they don't schedule more than one wedding at a time. As part of our package, we stayed at Mohonk on our wedding night. The staff left a very sweet care package in our room which included a bottle of champagne, a card, some treats and a couple of gifts from the gift shop. The most amazing part about having our wedding at Mohonk is that we can visit/stay whenever we want and reminisce about our perfect wedding day!

An absolutely perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Leah H

Even though Mohonk is a pricey place to stay overnight ($600+ for two people all-inclusive), as a wedding venue it was actually quite reasonable. The site fee was only $650, while other venues we looked at asked for upwards of $9,000, and then they had the same per-head cost on top of that, and didn't come with nearly as many benefits as Mohonk. We chose the mid-level "Edwardian Splendor" pricing, which included passed hors d'oeuvres and trays of cheese and veggies during cocktail hour, open bar during cocktail hour (plus a couple additional glasses of wine during dinner), a three-course dinner, wedding cake with chocolate-covered strawberries and petit-fours, an overnight stay for the bride and groom, and a bridal suite to get ready the morning of the wedding. We opted to add quite a few other fun things, including an extra room for the groomsmen to get ready, open bar (at-cost) during the entire dinner reception, and an hour-long bonfire after-party with s'mores and hot apple cider. We really feel we got our money's worth, but you could also easily spend less by going with the less extravagant dinner and cocktail options and cutting out the extra features we opted for. Beyond pricing, the venue was absolutely stellar on the day-of. Our wedding coordinator, Christina Latvatalo, did a totally amazing job. Everything stayed on schedule and went perfectly smoothly. She worked well with all our vendors and had suggesions for us every step of the way. Our one complaint is that communication leading up to the wedding was rather slow. Sometimes it would be two weeks before we heard back from an email. Phone calls and voice mails seemed to elicit a quicker response, though. The other staff was also really sweet. Among their many gestures, they drove us up the mountain in a van so we could take wedding photos there, chauffered infirm guests to the ceremony space in a golf cart, and were so friendly and nice at every turn. They all seem to truly love their work, and it shows in the results. Lastly, it must be noted how absolutely beautiful Mohonk's property is. A lot of our guests had never been there before, so it was a real treat for them to come. Some attendees went hiking before or after the wedding, and many of them commented on how stunning the venue was. I could go on and on about how great the venue and its staff are. HIGHLY recommended!

Fairy Tale wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

My husband and I got married at the Mohonk Mountain House on August 26, 2012. This wedding venue is magical, like being in a dream. Starting with the mountain, cliffs, lake, garden, carriage ride, the veranda with rocking chairs, the FOOD; so much more, I could go on and on. But, the one person that deserves all the credit to make it all come together, calmed all my fears,made sure every request fulfilled and literally worked her way to my heart was Aimee Cirambolli! I still after two years email just to say hello. We had a beautiful garden wedding with the bridal party arriving in a horse and carriage, violin trio playing under the tree. Just exquisite and surreal. My guests were blown away with the Vista, the FOOD and the rooms. We had beautiful bridal suite with a cupola and a view on the lake and the other side the mountain. We go back to Mohonk every year for our anniversary. Oh, let me not forget the Spa. Best message ever! My guests still comment to this day, what a beautiful place and how much they enjoyed themselves. Thanks Aimee for making our dreams come true. You are the best! Ann and Louie

Great place to get married

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lisa L

Not your typical hotel wedding. You are in very unique place surrounded by beautiful nature. We had a small wedding and all the services including flowers, wedding cake, hair and makeups were provided by the hotel. I lived out of the state and did not have time to go there ahead of The wedding. I arranged everything with Christine on the phone and via email. I emailed her the photos of what I wanted and she definitely delivered! Food and services were wonderful! I also had the best wedding photographer based their recommendation.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We wanted a small, destination wedding in the mountains. Something elegant, simple and fun for a number of age groups. Mohonk was perfect! Aimee was very easy to work with and did a really bang-up job and I am not being easy with my praise. Mohonk is in a beautiful setting, the food is fantastic and the activities (the spa is not to be missed!). We signed the contract immediately and were not disappointed. Aimee orchestrated the event perfectly and even had a Plan B in place if our outdoor service needed to be moved indoors - which it did with the last minute storm arriving right before the service. I could not have asked for a more stress free big day. Recommend it highly!

Better than I Hoped

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 nicole v

Mohonk Mountain House is magical. Christina and Amy are like having a wedding planner. The views, the food, the service are completely amazing and worth every cent. I hope I get invited to more weddings there.

Best and most beautiful wedding ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Mohonk mountain house is the most incredible place to get married. It is not a wedding factory and you still get personalized wedding planner services.... they can help with everything! We took advantage of the services that they had (below) and they gave us recommendations for music and photographers - all who knew the venue. For example the photographer knew every great place to take pictures so it was less research on out part. We used the florist on site who put together all of the bouquets and arrangements from flowers in the garden - can't get fresher than that! We actually saw her the day before in a golf cart gathering stuff. The food was absolutely incredible - everyone raved about it! The cake was amazing - even the top part a year later. :) I got my hair done at the salon and they were awesome. Didn't have a consultation either - just said what I wanted and they took care of it.... Even came in early before regular schedules to accommodate me. We got married in the garden and the scenery was breathtaking. Had cocktails on the porch which was incredible. Because it is a historic site we couldn't have alcohol but we got mocktails and everyone enjoyed them. And of course the reception room is beautiful. The planners helped us think of everything - down to having water available for the ceremony in case it was a hot day (July). We looked at a bunch of places and hands down Mohonk was a winner! 1. You really can't do any better than getting married in a castle. 2. Other locations in the Hudson valley might have been slightly cheaper (like $10 a person) but the location missed the mark. There is no way you can replicate the photos! 3. The rain location at Mohonk is a gorgeous windowed room whereas other places are closed ballrooms. We knew that even if the weather was bad it would be a beautiful day. 4. Being able to use on-site services (cake, flowers, hair) instead of coordinating all of the vendors is an easy way to reduce stress. 5. Because they are not a wedding factory, the planners really know who you are. They were very available for meeting and calls to make sure that everything was perfect. 6. There are lots of hotels with 30 minutes to give guests sleepover options at any price range. 7. It is an easy drive from CT, NY and PA. Only 90 minutes from Manhatttan makes it a great destination wedding without the hassle of flying. 8. Being able to stay over for your anniversary or special occasion is always nice. We had the opportunity to celebrate our babymoon there and hope to have more "excuses" to visit and remember the special day we had. The only downside is that you can't count on guests not coming - some people might go out of their way to attend because it is Mohonk! :)

Great Wedding and Value

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jennifer T

We had a wonderful wedding and reception here in 2009 for 140 guests. We had Mohonk do our flowers, cake and rehearsal dinner and also had our hair done at the salon. The staff were all extremely organized and professional, and made everything very easy. The food was great and the views from the reception room were fabulous. Even though we went with one of the least expensive packages, everyone thought they were attending an $80,000 wedding, which it was not. I've been to boring, cookie-cutter weddings in glorified conference rooms that cost four times what we paid. This is certainly a wonderful and unique location for a memorable wedding.

Small Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Mohonk Mountain House was a wonderful place to have a fall wedding. The planning process was streamlined by Aimee and the other wedding planners at Mohonk. They did a beautiful job on the cake which everyone enjoyed. Also, everyone raved about the food as well. By having a small wedding we were able to have the full range of the dinner menu. Taking pictures was a breeze as well as that they gave us a golf cart to get around. Also, when trying to coordinate details the wedding planners answered information in a timely manner and were very reassuring. The type of service I received was simply phenomenal and I highly recommend Mohonk Mountain House for a wedding.

Beautiful Wedding in a Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Christine L

Christina and Amy made us feel very well taken care of. We were extremely pleased and several months out, guests are still raving about the food!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Emilie

My finance and I were engaged at Mohonk, so it was an easy choice for us. We love the beautiful scenery, the many outdoor activities, and the delicious food. We went with their small wedding package for 70 people and held our ceremony and reception there. Aimee, the wedding coordinator, was extremely helpful and her team was fantastic! We brought the centerpieces and all decorations, but her team set everything up perfectly. Aimee set up a dinner for us with our guests the night before and was incredibly flexible anytime anything changed. On Friday night, she saw me in the hallway and noticed that my leg was hurting (from all of the day's hiking) and she went and got me a bottle of Advil. From the big things, like recommending great vendors and setting up the perfect day, to the little things, Mohonk was absolutely perfect! Our photographer had never been there and couldn't stop talking about how amazing the scenery was for pictures, even in November! We were outside in the cold for a while because she didn't want to stop taking photos here! The 4 stars for value is because in spite of bringing so many people to stay for the wedding, the discount for rooms was only 15% if guests stayed for two or more nights. This included our room. It seems like bringing so many people and a good amount of money, they could be a little more generous with room rates, at least for the bride and groom.

Becker Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

How lucky are we!! I can't help but feel that our marriage is espicially blessed because we were married in such a magical place. A++ service, food and atmosphere. Our wedding planner Aimee, was the best. We had some unique circumstances and she went above and beyond to make all of our guests comfortable. We are planning our 10 year anniversary party already at Mohonk to refresh the magic!

Wonderful June Wedding at Mohonk

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Amy M

From the planning stages to our wedding day, our experience with Mohonk was wonderful. Aimee, our wedding planner, guided us through the process with good humor and a keen eye for detail. Being at Mohonk is like stepping back in time - the beauty of the lake and mountains and the romantic old-fashioned buildings made it the perfect place for our elegant afternoon wedding last June. Each staff member was so welcoming and helpful to us and to our guests. The cocktail hour on the porch overlooking the lake was a highlight and the food at the reception was delicious - especially our chocolate cake, which our friends are still raving about. My groom (now husband!) and I would highly recommend Mohonk as a truly magical wedding venue.

Mrs. Montanaro

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

I think Mohonk Mountain is beautiful and the perfect place for our wedding...I wish I could go back and do it all over again. It was the perfect day and I loved our wedding ... I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Winter Wonderland

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

We were married just after new years at Mohonk in front of the fireplace at the skating pavilion, it was magical. We had a small party of just family followed by lunch. The pavilion was a special location with the Christmas tree still up and the holiday sleigh for photos. We were blessed with just a dusting of snow which made the grounds leading up to the pavilion look like a winter wonderland. Our lunch was a buffet in their Main Dining Room where they had set aside a table in the corner so that we were able to enjoy spending tume with our family. The baker at Mohonk had us a delicious carrot cake for our wedding cake, we kept the topper and even a year later it was still delicious. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating and helped make our little party feel so welcome and our day special.

My Magical Wedding at Mohonk Mountain House!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

I can honestly say that my wedding was the best day of my life. Mohonk was the perfect place to have my reception with its beautiful and historic setting and incredibly friendly and helpful staff, it was smooth sailing from the get-go. I loved every person I worked with and felt that Mohonk really worked with me and my husband to help make our wedding exactly what we had envisioned. I can't reccomend Mohonk enough, they made my wedding an utterly perfect experience!

Amazing location, awesome staff!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

My wife's family has been going to Mohonk since her grandmother was a young woman. I became part of the tradition shortly after we started dating. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more meaningful location. The scenery at mohonk was a truly amazing backdrop to our wedding photos. The service, as always, was top notch and the food was excellent. Aimee was our planner and she was phenomenal! We wanted a small, simple wedding in the gardens and Aimee made it so easy to arrange. We really didnt have to do much of anything, she took care of everything. She even had a contingency location set up when it started raining minutes before the ceremony!

Mohonk Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Our wedding was as close to perfect as you could ever imagine. Other than our Pastor running slighlty late the wedding was perfect. Christina and Aimee had the staff, grounds and food service working tirelessly to make this our perfect day - and they did. Pre-wedding planning was thorough. Wedding Day went off without a hitch. My wife and some of our guest have food allergies. Christina and Aimee coordinated with the chef to provide food througout the wedding to accomodate the my wife and guests with allergies. Our Wedding Day at Mohonk was as perfect as one could imagine.

Wedding plans

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

Except for selection of the table flowers, we left the setting, food and decor up to the wedding planers at Monhonk. The outcome was beyond what we expected. A day to remember. Highly recommend to any couple looking for a unique setting with outstanding grounds and accommodations.

Glorious Wedding At Mohonk!

Reviewed on 9/07/2013 Julie B

My family has been visiting Mohonk almost every summer for 40 years; it's like a second home to me, and it was really the first and only place we wanted to get married. Mohonk is a glorious place, and we had a magical day with our small party of about 35 family and friends. Christina and Aimee are absolute pros, patient and incredibly competent with the millions of details that comprise a wedding. (I live in Germany now, so planning the wedding from thousands of miles away, having it be almost a "one-stop shop" in terms of all the arrangements, with Aimee connecting all the hundreds of dots for ceremony, cocktails and dinner, was also a huge gift to our time and sanity.) We were blessed with great weather for our late June date and had an outdoor ceremony. I love the grounds and history of Mohonk, and wanted something that took full advantage of this, so we had our dinner and reception at the Picnic Lodge, rather than the usual arrangement in one of the dining rooms in the main house. For us, this was perfect. Nearly every detail was flawless (in fact I'd take off only a tenth of a star, since so few things fell through the cracks - and even for a very small group like ours, there are always so many details, and the only problems were truly very tiny ones!) and we felt so supported and looked after. The food was excellent and the staff were very accommodating, down to making sure we had a vegetarian main option we liked and chocolate sauce on the side of our cake :). Mohonk has gotten a lot more upscale in our decades of visits, and I sometimes worry it has gone too far; but the benefits of this clearly showed in the truly deluxe food and the outstanding care and service we received. Add this to the unmatched physical beauty and storied history of Mohonk itself... if you love unique and beautiful places, I could not recommend it more highly!

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 C. Brooke S

We could not have asked for a more fairytale wedding venue (or day). From the moment we signed on to work with Christina at Mohonk the experience was easy. They are true professionals. Every detail was available to us at Mohonk: beautiful room with picture window over looking the lake (and the colors of the leaves turning reds and golds), blues skies would have allowed for an outdoor garden service but we thought the room had an appropriate elegance for our wedding vows; cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the veranda; outstanding food (including a vegan moroccan vegetable pouch prepared especially); they even provided the flowers from their own gardens (which are worth a visit on their own and gave us some wonderful backdrops for wedding pictures). With the spa services available, my bridesmaids and I (and the mother of the bride) enjoyed the day before pampering ourselves, and the morning of the wedding the spa did my hair perfectly. Many of our guest were able to stay at the resort and enjoyed a walk around the lake or hike up to the tower lookout for sunset just following our wedding. The timing of the wedding was perfect and since we had friends that played the bagpipes to escort us out after our vows, it was like something out of Brigadoon. Magical!

George and Carolee

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 carolee b

The most beautiful venue for a wedding. We had the ceremony in the garden ( we checked on the color theme in the garden and planned accordingly), the cocktail hour on the large outdoor deck and then a luncheon inside. The food outstanding, the service warm, friendly, and professional,beautiful details. My guests thought it was magical

TO Mohonk Mountain House