Mohonk Mountain House

New Paltz, NY

A Romantic Victorian Castle Resort!

Just 90 miles from NYC, our spectacular setting is ideal for your wedding. With the #1 Spa in the US, a 19th-century Parlor or stunning gardens for your reception, charming accommodations, exquisite cliffs and a pristine lake, private dining and catering, horse and carriage rides, golf, and more!

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Castle, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

1000 Mountain Rest Road, New Paltz, NY

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 erin r

My husband and I were married at Mohonk in June 2014. Everything was incredible, and we really can't say enough good things about Aimee, our coordinator at Mohonk. Our ceremony was at their beautiful garden, cocktails were on a gorgeous balcony overlooking their lake, and the... Read More reception was in their East Dining Room, which was the indoor option for an evening wedding. We had about 78 people, which felt like a good amount for that room, including a dance floor. They were also super accommodating of our request for all vegan food. They really went above and beyond. We also recommend using the picnic house for a rehearsal dinner setting. they set up outdoor seating and had a firepit going, which was really great.

December 14, 2013 Winter Wonderland Wedding

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

Mohonk Mountain House was the most perfect wedding venue for us! My husband and I were so happy with how everything turned out on our wedding day. Our wedding planner Christina was fantastic. It was such a pleasure to work with her. Christina was very thorough in our planning... Read More and I found her demeanor very calming, which I think we can all agree is extremely important in planning your wedding and most importantly on the day itself! Anyone who has been to Mohonk Mountain House knows how breathtaking it is, and on the day of our wedding, I have to say it was truly magical. Not only was it stunning, the food was delicious. I honestly can't think of a better place to have celebrated our special day. And the best part is we have this incredible resort to visit time and again, to celebrate our anniversaries and visit as our family grows, always with the memory of our winter wonderland wedding, a day I'll cherish forever.

Excellent service from the very first phone call

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Thomas S

Aimmee and Christine were super to deal with right from the initial inquiry to the very last day on site. We live in Texas so we had to deal with the challenge of not being close to the site to plan in advance. Mohonk took care of every detail for us and hit the mark each... Read More time. I highly recommend them for your event.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Elisabeth R

Mohonk was an absolute delight for our wedding. My husband and I wanted an intimate and joyful celebration, in a beautiful outdoor setting, with an equally appealing indoor option in case of bad weather. My fiancé and I both travel and rehearse a lot with our orchestra, and we... Read More were eager to avoid unnecessary stress, fuss, and loose ends. It would have been nice to have the time to be more creative and "do-it-yourself," but we simply didn't have the time or energy! We were hoping to have a unique and memorable low key event, but still beautiful and elegant. We liked that Mohonk could host our ceremony and reception, that their experienced in-house wedding coordinators could help us with all the details, and that our overseas guests could have the option to stay there or at another hotel in the area. Christina was very helpful in answering all of our questions, and giving us plenty of advice. Her twenty years of experience shows in her calmness, and yet she still treats you with much patience and attention. She arranged one or two meetings which were thorough and comprehensive... But also a great chance to spend more time enjoying the place! The only thing is that, because of how much focus and dedication she gives to each event, it can be hard to reach her on short notice, as she might not be available to answer calls or emails immediately. "Mohonk resort time" is definitely a different world, but if it's something that appeals to you, you can relax and let the event flow naturally, and trust in the expertise of such a well-managed operation. Other great benefits that added value: bridal suite, honeymoon suite, meals, quiet and beautiful spa (I was the only person getting my hair done at their professional salon at 8:30 on a Sunday morning, so it felt like a very private experience). I then did my own makeup in the bridal suite. Our ceremony in the gardens was better than we could have hoped, and really brought to life our wish to celebrate our faith in the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Patience (, and the cocktail hour on their fabulous wide porch overlooking the lake was something that I wished could have continued for hours. Our chocolate wedding cake was probably the best i have ever had, and they did a beautiful job with decorating it. Finally, we loved having the honeymoon suite so that we could spend the following day hiking the grounds and enjoying the quiet time. Our fantastic photographer Edward Dye made himself available for the whole day, so we had plenty of time and flexibility to take the most spectacular photos. That was a huge bonus of having the natural beauty of a place like Mohonk-- now we will have hundreds of photos to capture the magic of the weekend.

Gorgeous Place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I've been to a number of events at Mohonk Mountain House. The service and food are always top notch every time, but what I'm really here to rave about is the location itself. Set in the beautiful Hudson Valley, the house overlooks a lake and mountain range. Every season is... Read More beautiful, but the autumn is spectacular! I'm also a bit of a historic house enthusiast. The woodwork and Victorian era wallpaper and light fixtures give the feeling of stepping back in time. This is a great place to book several rooms the week of the wedding and just make it one big, long party.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 nicole b

I've had the pleasure of photographing several weddings at Mohonk. The lake, the gardens, the stonework, the view of the valley, the decks, and the building itself are all incredible! It's gorgeous during every season. Guests are most certainly wowed when they step on the... Read More property. There are endless locations to take wedding photos! A magnificent backdrop! Weddings are well coordinated and the food is both visually appealing and delicious. With a spa on site as well as lodging, there's no reason for couples to step off site on their wedding day! I can't speak highly enough about this venue. Truly! -Nicole Wagner, Custom by Nicole Photography

A Topnotch Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

As my wife and I were both born and raised in the area, we grew to cherish the scenery, history and ideals of the Hudson Valley region and its people. So when it came to deciding on a venue to hold our small and intimate wedding, we both immediately came to the same conclusion... Read More – Mohonk Mountain House. We had both previously visited Mohonk to hike, stay, eat, and be captivated by its immeasurable charm. Needless to say, we thought collectively we’d experienced most of the magic that makes Mohonk well, “Mohonk.” From our first meeting with Mohonk’s wedding coordinator, Aimee, we got the sense that we hadn’t even scratched the surface. My wife will tell you that I’m an obsessive planner… page long checklists in preparation for vacations, packing for all four seasons to go to the beach for a week, factoring in worst-case scenarios and the like. So having someone else coordinate our wedding was going to be something new to me. Well, we couldn’t have found a better person than Aimee. She was extremely professional, polite, calm and understood what we wanted even when we didn’t know how to express it. The entire weekend played out like a dream and Mohonk certainly delivered more of its magic thanks to Aimee and her team (including group sales, flower shop, gift shop, dining staff, guest services, as well as countless others behind the scenes). No amount of planning that I could have done would’ve matched what they accomplished with such ease. Throughout our stay every guest approached us to let us know how amazing and memorable the event was and how unbelievably kind the staff at Mohonk treated them. Mohonk is more than a historic hotel perched atop the Shawangunk Ridge; it’s an unforgettable guest experience. It’s been nearly 8 months since our winter wedding and our guests are still talking about it. When we think back on it, we wish we could do it all over again – and the best part is we wouldn’t change a thing. Simply stated, words can’t adequately express how grateful we are that Aimee and Mohonk were part of our special day.

Ted & Duffy's wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Amazing place to be married...with out a doubt the best ever! We were cared for throughout the whole process without fail. Everything was provided to make sure that our Special Day was indeed "Special"! Ours was not the first same sex wedding done there and i am quite sure it... Read More will not be the last! BRAVO!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Our wedding at Mohonk was just perfect! Aimee was our coordinator and she did an exceptional job! Once the wedding started, we did not have to worry about anything, everything was taken care of. The wedding went smooth, just like planned. During planning process Aimee was very... Read More accommodating and executed everything we asked for. During the initial stage of the planning it took a bit to get a response back (they seem very busy over there) but once the wedding was getting closer, it took less time to get a response. And right before the wedding, Aimee was always available. Every detail during the wedding was thought through. After the wedding, Mohonk gave us a memorable gift that will keep bringing sweet memories of our time at Mohonk. It was an excellent experience. We loved it and could not ask for a better venue!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Virginia P

We selected Mohonk Mountain House for our ceremony and reception. I wanted to have the convenience of holding both at the same venue, and Mohonk made it so easy! In addition, they provided the cake (many options to choose from and they will accommodate specific design... Read More requests). Aimee was our wedding planner and she was so helpful, accommodating and attentive. The food was really amazing - many of our guests from the wedding are still raving about the food! The service was also great, far exceeding our expectations. I felt like the staff really cared that we have a great wedding, and I like the fact that they don't schedule more than one wedding at a time. As part of our package, we stayed at Mohonk on our wedding night. The staff left a very sweet care package in our room which included a bottle of champagne, a card, some treats and a couple of gifts from the gift shop. The most amazing part about having our wedding at Mohonk is that we can visit/stay whenever we want and reminisce about our perfect wedding day!

An absolutely perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Leah H

Even though Mohonk is a pricey place to stay overnight ($600+ for two people all-inclusive), as a wedding venue it was actually quite reasonable. The site fee was only $650, while other venues we looked at asked for upwards of $9,000, and then they had the same per-head cost on... Read More top of that, and didn't come with nearly as many benefits as Mohonk. We chose the mid-level "Edwardian Splendor" pricing, which included passed hors d'oeuvres and trays of cheese and veggies during cocktail hour, open bar during cocktail hour (plus a couple additional glasses of wine during dinner), a three-course dinner, wedding cake with chocolate-covered strawberries and petit-fours, an overnight stay for the bride and groom, and a bridal suite to get ready the morning of the wedding. We opted to add quite a few other fun things, including an extra room for the groomsmen to get ready, open bar (at-cost) during the entire dinner reception, and an hour-long bonfire after-party with s'mores and hot apple cider. We really feel we got our money's worth, but you could also easily spend less by going with the less extravagant dinner and cocktail options and cutting out the extra features we opted for. Beyond pricing, the venue was absolutely stellar on the day-of. Our wedding coordinator, Christina Latvatalo, did a totally amazing job. Everything stayed on schedule and went perfectly smoothly. She worked well with all our vendors and had suggesions for us every step of the way. Our one complaint is that communication leading up to the wedding was rather slow. Sometimes it would be two weeks before we heard back from an email. Phone calls and voice mails seemed to elicit a quicker response, though. The other staff was also really sweet. Among their many gestures, they drove us up the mountain in a van so we could take wedding photos there, chauffered infirm guests to the ceremony space in a golf cart, and were so friendly and nice at every turn. They all seem to truly love their work, and it shows in the results. Lastly, it must be noted how absolutely beautiful Mohonk's property is. A lot of our guests had never been there before, so it was a real treat for them to come. Some attendees went hiking before or after the wedding, and many of them commented on how stunning the venue was. I could go on and on about how great the venue and its staff are. HIGHLY recommended!

Fairy Tale wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

My husband and I got married at the Mohonk Mountain House on August 26, 2012. This wedding venue is magical, like being in a dream. Starting with the mountain, cliffs, lake, garden, carriage ride, the veranda with rocking chairs, the FOOD; so much more, I could go on and on.... Read More But, the one person that deserves all the credit to make it all come together, calmed all my fears,made sure every request fulfilled and literally worked her way to my heart was Aimee Cirambolli! I still after two years email just to say hello. We had a beautiful garden wedding with the bridal party arriving in a horse and carriage, violin trio playing under the tree. Just exquisite and surreal. My guests were blown away with the Vista, the FOOD and the rooms. We had beautiful bridal suite with a cupola and a view on the lake and the other side the mountain. We go back to Mohonk every year for our anniversary. Oh, let me not forget the Spa. Best message ever! My guests still comment to this day, what a beautiful place and how much they enjoyed themselves. Thanks Aimee for making our dreams come true. You are the best! Ann and Louie

Great place to get married

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lisa L

Not your typical hotel wedding. You are in very unique place surrounded by beautiful nature. We had a small wedding and all the services including flowers, wedding cake, hair and makeups were provided by the hotel. I lived out of the state and did not have time to go there ahead... Read More of The wedding. I arranged everything with Christine on the phone and via email. I emailed her the photos of what I wanted and she definitely delivered! Food and services were wonderful! I also had the best wedding photographer based their recommendation.

The best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We wanted a small, destination wedding in the mountains. Something elegant, simple and fun for a number of age groups. Mohonk was perfect! Aimee was very easy to work with and did a really bang-up job and I am not being easy with my praise. Mohonk is in a beautiful setting, the... Read More food is fantastic and the activities (the spa is not to be missed!). We signed the contract immediately and were not disappointed. Aimee orchestrated the event perfectly and even had a Plan B in place if our outdoor service needed to be moved indoors - which it did with the last minute storm arriving right before the service. I could not have asked for a more stress free big day. Recommend it highly!

Better than I Hoped

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 nicole v

Mohonk Mountain House is magical. Christina and Amy are like having a wedding planner. The views, the food, the service are completely amazing and worth every cent. I hope I get invited to more weddings there.

Best and most beautiful wedding ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Mohonk mountain house is the most incredible place to get married. It is not a wedding factory and you still get personalized wedding planner services.... they can help with everything! We took advantage of the services that they had (below) and they gave us recommendations... Read More for music and photographers - all who knew the venue. For example the photographer knew every great place to take pictures so it was less research on out part. We used the florist on site who put together all of the bouquets and arrangements from flowers in the garden - can't get fresher than that! We actually saw her the day before in a golf cart gathering stuff. The food was absolutely incredible - everyone raved about it! The cake was amazing - even the top part a year later. :) I got my hair done at the salon and they were awesome. Didn't have a consultation either - just said what I wanted and they took care of it.... Even came in early before regular schedules to accommodate me. We got married in the garden and the scenery was breathtaking. Had cocktails on the porch which was incredible. Because it is a historic site we couldn't have alcohol but we got mocktails and everyone enjoyed them. And of course the reception room is beautiful. The planners helped us think of everything - down to having water available for the ceremony in case it was a hot day (July). We looked at a bunch of places and hands down Mohonk was a winner! 1. You really can't do any better than getting married in a castle. 2. Other locations in the Hudson valley might have been slightly cheaper (like $10 a person) but the location missed the mark. There is no way you can replicate the photos! 3. The rain location at Mohonk is a gorgeous windowed room whereas other places are closed ballrooms. We knew that even if the weather was bad it would be a beautiful day. 4. Being able to use on-site services (cake, flowers, hair) instead of coordinating all of the vendors is an easy way to reduce stress. 5. Because they are not a wedding factory, the planners really know who you are. They were very available for meeting and calls to make sure that everything was perfect. 6. There are lots of hotels with 30 minutes to give guests sleepover options at any price range. 7. It is an easy drive from CT, NY and PA. Only 90 minutes from Manhatttan makes it a great destination wedding without the hassle of flying. 8. Being able to stay over for your anniversary or special occasion is always nice. We had the opportunity to celebrate our babymoon there and hope to have more "excuses" to visit and remember the special day we had. The only downside is that you can't count on guests not coming - some people might go out of their way to attend because it is Mohonk! :)

Great Wedding and Value

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Jennifer T

We had a wonderful wedding and reception here in 2009 for 140 guests. We had Mohonk do our flowers, cake and rehearsal dinner and also had our hair done at the salon. The staff were all extremely organized and professional, and made everything very easy. The food was great... Read More and the views from the reception room were fabulous. Even though we went with one of the least expensive packages, everyone thought they were attending an $80,000 wedding, which it was not. I've been to boring, cookie-cutter weddings in glorified conference rooms that cost four times what we paid. This is certainly a wonderful and unique location for a memorable wedding.

Small Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Mohonk Mountain House was a wonderful place to have a fall wedding. The planning process was streamlined by Aimee and the other wedding planners at Mohonk. They did a beautiful job on the cake which everyone enjoyed. Also, everyone raved about the food as well. By having a... Read More small wedding we were able to have the full range of the dinner menu. Taking pictures was a breeze as well as that they gave us a golf cart to get around. Also, when trying to coordinate details the wedding planners answered information in a timely manner and were very reassuring. The type of service I received was simply phenomenal and I highly recommend Mohonk Mountain House for a wedding.

Beautiful Wedding in a Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Christine L

Christina and Amy made us feel very well taken care of. We were extremely pleased and several months out, guests are still raving about the food!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Emilie

My finance and I were engaged at Mohonk, so it was an easy choice for us. We love the beautiful scenery, the many outdoor activities, and the delicious food. We went with their small wedding package for 70 people and held our ceremony and reception there. Aimee, the wedding... Read More coordinator, was extremely helpful and her team was fantastic! We brought the centerpieces and all decorations, but her team set everything up perfectly. Aimee set up a dinner for us with our guests the night before and was incredibly flexible anytime anything changed. On Friday night, she saw me in the hallway and noticed that my leg was hurting (from all of the day's hiking) and she went and got me a bottle of Advil. From the big things, like recommending great vendors and setting up the perfect day, to the little things, Mohonk was absolutely perfect! Our photographer had never been there and couldn't stop talking about how amazing the scenery was for pictures, even in November! We were outside in the cold for a while because she didn't want to stop taking photos here! The 4 stars for value is because in spite of bringing so many people to stay for the wedding, the discount for rooms was only 15% if guests stayed for two or more nights. This included our room. It seems like bringing so many people and a good amount of money, they could be a little more generous with room rates, at least for the bride and groom.

Becker Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

How lucky are we!! I can't help but feel that our marriage is espicially blessed because we were married in such a magical place. A++ service, food and atmosphere. Our wedding planner Aimee, was the best. We had some unique circumstances and she went above and beyond to make... Read More all of our guests comfortable. We are planning our 10 year anniversary party already at Mohonk to refresh the magic!

Wonderful June Wedding at Mohonk

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Amy M

From the planning stages to our wedding day, our experience with Mohonk was wonderful. Aimee, our wedding planner, guided us through the process with good humor and a keen eye for detail. Being at Mohonk is like stepping back in time - the beauty of the lake and mountains and... Read More the romantic old-fashioned buildings made it the perfect place for our elegant afternoon wedding last June. Each staff member was so welcoming and helpful to us and to our guests. The cocktail hour on the porch overlooking the lake was a highlight and the food at the reception was delicious - especially our chocolate cake, which our friends are still raving about. My groom (now husband!) and I would highly recommend Mohonk as a truly magical wedding venue.

Mrs. Montanaro

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

I think Mohonk Mountain is beautiful and the perfect place for our wedding...I wish I could go back and do it all over again. It was the perfect day and I loved our wedding ... I wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Winter Wonderland

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

We were married just after new years at Mohonk in front of the fireplace at the skating pavilion, it was magical. We had a small party of just family followed by lunch. The pavilion was a special location with the Christmas tree still up and the holiday sleigh for photos. We... Read More were blessed with just a dusting of snow which made the grounds leading up to the pavilion look like a winter wonderland. Our lunch was a buffet in their Main Dining Room where they had set aside a table in the corner so that we were able to enjoy spending tume with our family. The baker at Mohonk had us a delicious carrot cake for our wedding cake, we kept the topper and even a year later it was still delicious. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating and helped make our little party feel so welcome and our day special.

My Magical Wedding at Mohonk Mountain House!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

I can honestly say that my wedding was the best day of my life. Mohonk was the perfect place to have my reception with its beautiful and historic setting and incredibly friendly and helpful staff, it was smooth sailing from the get-go. I loved every person I worked with and felt... Read More that Mohonk really worked with me and my husband to help make our wedding exactly what we had envisioned. I can't reccomend Mohonk enough, they made my wedding an utterly perfect experience!