Is this your business? claim it now

Monica's Bridal

Chattanooga, TN

Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

147 N Market St, Chattanooga, TN (423) 752-0072

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Allison W

I bought my wedding dress from here and knew they were highly recommended for years. They are under new ownership recently, however. My sales assistant was incredible and was very on top of things until around the time my dress came in, I stopped receiving updates. I went into... Read More the store to make sure my timeline was still on track and turned out, my girl had quit the previous month so no one had been following up when the me. It was then crunch time to order bridesmaids dresses. I brought a few of my 8 bridesmaids in that weekend to try on styles I had picked out. One of the girls is slightly bigger than the rest and asked to try on a size 24. The salesperson informed us that the biggest size they had was a 10 and they could just pin it on her. No way in heck was I going to allow them to embarrass her that way and I could tell she was hiding how upset she was. Had my wedding dress not needed alterations, I would have walked out then and there. The average American is bigger than a size 10. I was outraged and heartbroken for my soon to be sister. They really need to keep at least one larger gown to try just so we can see how they fit and if we need to order larger. I feel like they do it so you have to have it altered... by them. My gown was ordered in a size 8 and I'm a size 2. My alterations cost me over $300. Everything else was fine, my dress was beautiful and they put a bra strap hider in last minute free of charge for me. I just st hope they change their policy on sizes and avoid hurting future brides.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Alisha B

Love love loved my experience at Monica's! Everyone was very helpful and determined to get my dress exactly how I wanted it! Very sweet, knowledgeable staff!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Madeline H

I went dress shopping at two different salons before visiting Monica's. My consultant, Lauren, was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly during the appointment. They had a wide selection of gowns and the appointment was very stress-free and fun. I found the perfect dress... Read More here and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Jessica W

This was my very first experience trying on wedding dresses and it was an incredible one! Stephanie was amazing. She was so attentive, accommodating, and polite. She answered all my questions, made me feel beautiful, and found me a dress I loved without pressure or fear. Thank... Read More you so so much for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kimberly W

My bridesmaids got their dresses here. The ladies are great and helpfu. They were super understanding when my sister was the bridezilla (and she was only a bridesmaid until she backed out on me a month before dresses needed to be ordered). The only negative thing I have to say... Read More is that the retail space is kind of small. They don't have many dressing rooms so there is a lot of standing around waiting for a room to open up. Other than that minor issue, it was a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kaitlyn C

So kind and helpful and very talented crew of ladies working there!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Shanna L

Monica's is AMAZING!! Their staff is wonderful and so helpful! They knew exactly what dress was for me even before I did. 😊 and let me tell you, I'm THAT Bride that forgets to pick up their dress and remembers the day before the wedding at like 7PM. I was flipping out because... Read More they are closed on Sunday's and I emailed them saying Please help me! Luckily, I was able to get ahold of someone and they delivered my dress to me. I can promise you, a David's Bridal would have NEVER done that. They completely saved my wedding and are truly a God send!! Thanks so much so the wonderful support and service!

Great shop, under new management

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Natalie H

I purchased my dress at Monica's before the owners sold it to the new girls there now and I am definitely glad I did. The previous owners were very customer-first kind of people. The new owners seem to only be interested in a profit and turning what was once a sweet, home-town... Read More bridal shop, into a sleek, high-end boutique. I'm not crazy about the new owners but my consultant, Kelcie, was absolutely the best. She was so sweet and so helpful in getting me the perfect dress. She talked me through and helped me try on about 10 dresses and quickly narrowed it down to the one! She was amazing and I would recommend her to any bride walking in the store!

Ok!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Kalyn V

Great, pricey for alterations and mildly judgementaly during fittings. I was told how I should run my wedding day.. not really necessary information. I got my dress during a trunk show, but they have a decent selection every day.

EXCELLENT individualized service

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Rebekah T

The ladies at Monica's built lace sleeves onto my gown and tailored the perfect fit for me!

Amy Vetter Hinds

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Amy V

My wedding was not the first time I have worked with the amazing people at Monica's and like each and every time before I could not have been more pleased. They know their stuff, from the actual products to what best suits each person. The owners and sales people aree... Read More extremely helpful and are easy to contact. They are as up front and honest as people can be. They just don't sale dresses they make sure that you can move, sit, dance, in that dress comfortably. During my last fitting they walked me through different movements I would be making on the day of the wedding. Walking down the aisle with my dad, kneeling at the alter, walking up and down stairs, dancing, spinning and much, much more. By then end of that appointment I was more than comfortable in my dress. They are fantastic and I can't say enough about their services, friendliness, and attention to detail.

dress

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Brittany M

The staff went above and beyond! I had no idea what I wanted, and was able to try on 17 dresses the first time I visited the store. I was informed of upcoming trunk shows, and particular styles were brought in for me to see. The alterations dept was also extremely friendly and... Read More helpful!

My dress

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Lindsey P

I found they perfect dress and they ordered it new for me and once I came to pick it up they loaded it in my car.

Dress shopping was so fun

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Jamie R

I went to Monica's only 5 months before my wedding and found my dress! The staff was so helpful and worked with my budget.

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Ashley R

The staff at Monica's was extremely helpful and attentive. They truly made you feel like your business was important to them. I bought a bridesmaid dress here for my sister-in-laws wedding and the staff and alterations team made the process very easy.

Love this shop!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Elizabeth C

Monica's is amazing. Their staff is incredible, and Dolores makes every bride feel special. I loved my dress, and they worked with my schedule to squeeze in fittings. When I had lost more weight than I thought, they took it in the week of the wedding without any problem.... Read More Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Dress

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Hailey S

Monica's is full of beautiful dresses. They are extremely helpful and everything we ordered was on time.

Love Them

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Jessica H

Loved the girls here. They were fabulous and so helpful. The dress was amazing.

amazing selection

Reviewed on 12/09/2012 Cathi C

The dress selection here is fantastic, ranging from uber-affordable to in my dreams only. The staff was very helpful in directing me to a wide range of dresses that fit my budget, and ultimately The Dress. The alteration process was not quite as smooth, with the costs running... Read More unexpectedly high, and the staff at some times being rude. (I think this is the only part of the wedding planning process that brought tears to my eyes!) Ultimately, the dress fit great and I felt beautiful on my big day.

Amazing personalized service

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Valerie F

I tried multiple dress shops before going to Monica's. When I went there, I just knew I had found the right place. Not only did they have an amazing selection of bridal gowns, but the service I received was unbelievable. I left there wishing I could invite Stephanie to the... Read More wedding (book your appointment with her!). I brought my Grandparents to my first visit and Stephanie asked me about them every time after that. I wasn't just a dress to her, she knew me. They covered me from picking out the dress to putting it in the car to our destination wedding. Nothing was missed. They also preserve dresses afterward. I tell everyone I know that there is nowhere else to go around here. I highly recommend Monica's Bridal.

Do not go here

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Leah H

Never in my life have I had such an awful retail experience until I went to Monica's. The owners of this store are the rudest people I have ever met. I still have an open complaint through the Better Business Bureau in attempts to make other brides aware of the horrible... Read More experience I had to go through. They ordered the wrong color dress for me, when I went in for my first fitting, I knew it wasn't right and they said that if they made all of these alterations that it would be ok, but I said I did not want any alterations done at this time. I got a call shortly after saying that my alterations were done and I needed to pick it up. That caught me by surprise because they were not supposed to make alterations. I could go on and on about how rude the two owners were to me and my family, but please just be warned... do NOT go here.

Best dresses!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Haley P

Best place in Chattanooga to find a wedding dress- great selection at great prices! They also take extra time to review tips for the day such as which way to turn to prevent your dad or husband from tripping on your dress and how to hold your bouquet. Everyone was so friendly... Read More and helpful. I love Monica's!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Leigh P

Everything there was great! I was always greeted by everyone whenever I came in the store. They always did whatever they needed to make my wedding dress perfect! Great Service!

i loved them!

Reviewed on 3/27/2012 Britni B

I recommend Monica's to any bride! They were so awesome and made the whole experience so fun. My.consultant was so nice, even the women in alterations was fun to be around. They even showed me how to walk in my dress on the big day. They were just all around fun people. I wish... Read More they could have came to the wedding!

found MY dress

Reviewed on 2/23/2012 Sarah S

it wasn't difficult for me to find my dress at Monica's.. I told them what I was thinking about and they brought me out a few ones that were nice but when I said "lace" she brought me my dress. I fell in love. They are quick and efficient and they keep in touch.