Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses

8485 Melrose Place, Los Angeles, CA

My Dream Wedding Dress!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Alexandra S

After searching at a handful of LA bridal salons, I found my DREAM dress at Monique Lhuillier! I knew it was the one when I couldn't stop thinking about it, and then danced around my house when my parents told me to go for it. :) Yes, it was pricier than I had intended to spend,... Read More and I did try to find something less expensive at other bridal salons, but there was just no comparison. The quality at Monique Lhuillier is off the charts, from the gorgeous fabrics and laces, to the flattering cuts and comfort of the dresses. My maid of honor found her dress here as well, and we both loved working with Hannah, who helped us find our perfect gowns, and Effie, who was the sweetest and most excellent tailor. After a number of fittings, both of our dresses turned out absolutely perfect and looked truly MADE for us. I only wish I could wear mine again! :) It was such a joy working with the kind and talented staff at Monique Lhuillier leading up to my wedding- I enjoyed each and every fitting so much, and I couldn't recommend their dresses more!!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 jaime p

Absolutely loved my dress, and the alteration process was seamless. Wendy was wonderful and worked with me to alter my dress to my exact specifications.

Cait & Maggie = Dream Team!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Melanie O

Bought my dress right before the cut-off for a "rush" order, saving me nearly a $1,000. Knew that the sample sale would be just around the corner, but knew better than to risk not having my hand-made dress in time (plus, it never went on sale anyway ... the stock floor one).... Read More Cait was very patient with me, and was the best bridal stylist I had from my several experiences. Maggie was unbelievably quick and did a marvelous job. Communication in regards to my dress' arrival time is the only reason why I'm knocking off a star, but I did get married during peak wedding season, and can't imagine the crazies they deal with on a daily basis. I'll definitely be back for my next luxe evening gown purchase, and most definitely will be back for next year's sale!

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Alexandra M

Service wasn't great, and dresses are trendy but quality isn't as good as expected.

The best!

Reviewed on 5/28/2012 Vanessa R

Monique Lhuillier not only makes the best dresses ever but the salon is beautiful and the sales associates are patient and helpful. Wish I could do it all over again!

Not Great Service for the Price

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Laura C

I found my dream dress at Monique Lhuillier. Sadly, my consultant quit a few months after I purchased my dress and I got transfered to another consultant. I'm not sure if it was because she didn't make the comission off my gown, but she didn't seem to care about me whatsoever... Read More throughout the fititng process. She was not flexible about times I could come in and even told me that it was 'impossible' to get me in when I needed to the week before my wedding for my final fitting. I just felt that the amount of money we spent warranted a higher level of quality service. I do have to say that the seamstresses and the women who actually do the alterations are AMAZING. Very caring, understanding, and helpful. Willing to make any changes you want. If the service in the front of the salon matched the service behind the scenes, this would be a 5 star review.

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 rebecca g

How can you go wrong with such a great vendor. Everything I wanted in finding a wedding dress happened at Monique. I had made appointments for the whole day, Monique being my first. I tried on 3 dresses, loved the second one, canceled all of my other appointments and had my... Read More dress. Her designs are amazing and all of the employees are so excited for you it makes finding a dress that much more fun!

not a happy ending

Reviewed on 9/03/2011 cristina g

i made an appointment to try on a specific dress, this appointment was made with more than a month in advance since i had to travel from mexico to L.A. when i arrived the dress wasnt avaiable

i love my dress!

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 fahti a

i got my dress from Monique and it was the one that i really wanted. the design was wonderful.

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 Stacy F

What can I say - everyone knows that Monique has some of the most stunning wedding gowns made - ever. But, maybe not everyone knows that Jennifer and the staff at the salon on Melrose Place are amazing. They are personable, patient, caring, supportive and honest. Jennifer... Read More worked tirelessly with me to make sure I got the perfect dress for me. Then when it arrived, Wendy turned a pretty dress into total perfection. Despite the odds of working with a less-than-cooperative fabric, she made it work and I could not have felt more beautiful on my special day!

Beautiful dresses

Reviewed on 9/04/2010 Michelle M

Monique Lhuillier makes the most beautiful wedding dresses in my opinion. I looked at several bridal salons and was very disappointed until I walked into Monique Lhuillier. Her dresses as exquisite. Did I need to buy my dress at the store, no. But I figured, why not go to the... Read More source? I had tried on a few of her dresses at Mon Amie, but I knew that they would have the best selection. There were so many beautiful dresses to choose from. I pretty much decided which one I wanted, but went back about 2 weeks later to purchase just to be sure. My sales associate wasn't pushy, but to be honest, she wasn't all that helpful either. I can't even remember her name. I bought the ML Geisha and made a few adjustments. They make me order a 6, which is this stupid thing they like to do so you have to alter it way down (I wear a 0 or a 2). I asked for a veil that I had seen in magazines to go with it. She had me try on something similar without a blusher, I assumed it would be the same once the blusher arrived after my order was complete. Fast forward 6 months. The dress is huge of course. Thats how they make you pay the mandatory $500 alterations fee. The veil is pretty, but its not what I ordered. It turns out its not even a Monique Lhuillier veil. Um, I wouldn't have paid $1500 for a different brand. I could have gotten a $300 no name brand. After going back and forth with no store about the one I wanted actually probably not being a good fit for the dress I decide to keep it. I do my 3 fittings. The dress is beautiful as expected, but my experience was ok, not fantastic. I you want and can afford a Monique Lhuillier dress get it! But you may want to consider getting it elsewhere.

Best Bridal Salon Ever

Reviewed on 5/20/2010 Erin C

The Monique Lhuillier Salon is the best place if you are interested in quality. The dresses are absolutely beautiful and the bridal specialists are very nice and helpful! I purchased my gown from there after I could not find what I was looking for at other bridal salons.... Read More Monique's dresses feel as delicate as a ballerina while at the same time elegant and sophisticated.

Start a Conversation!