Santa Monica, CA

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Spas, Tanning

626 Broadway, Suite 121, Santa Monica, CA

Beautiful Makeup

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Nicole S

The best in the business. Monique did my makeup for my wedding and her wonderful skills made me feel and look so glamorous and beautiful. She truly made my day special!

Love love love

Reviewed on 9/01/2014

I decided to book Monique for my hair/makeup based on all her great reviews and the before/after pics posted. I really had only a vague idea of what I wanted because I dont wear much makeup nor know how to fix my hair for a special occasion. I didnt even do a preview, so I put 100% blind trust in Monique for that one day all of us women want to look our absolute best. Monique did not disappoint! I was breaking out due to wedding stress and had dark circles from lack of sleep, but Monique made me look flawless. She customizes your makeup based on your features, listens to what you want, and is a true artist who transforms you into the best version of you. My hair was adorable and better than I imagined it would be. Everything stayed put for hours and hours, even after tears, no lipstick transferred after so many posed kissing pics. Not only is Monique a solid makeup/hair professional but she has a great personality that can work with any bride and put you at ease. If I could, i would have Monique do my hair and makeup every day!

Give Monique a try!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Amy B

Monique is very talented and a lot of fun to work with! She shaped my brows, gave me a spray tan and did my hair and make-up for my wedding. My husband thought she did a great job as well. I would definitely recommend Monique!

you want to be the most beautiful bride ever..

Reviewed on 5/22/2014

Hi, I have to say this is a first time I'm writing a review in my life (sorry laziness)..But I owe a thank you to a person who made my big day more beautiful and special and that person is Monique. she is the one you're looking for. she is a real professional,she knows what she is doing however she is all ears to listen to you what you want....all my quests admired my make up and I was really relax at the day cause I knew she is the best. she is soooo patient specially if have demanding and noisy family and they wont let you alone for your make up you may want her besides you. she had 4 people to make up in my wedding and each one of them had unique and beautiful make up and mine as the bride make up was her masterpiece...make the long story short trust her cause I'm an interior designer and you know how picky and difficult I can be... and I'm so fortunate to get to know her.

Bel-Air Bay Club Wedding

Reviewed on 5/21/2014

My experience with Monique Powers was simply tops! I was a busy bride flying in from Washington, DC to get married in LA. Not only was Monique professional, she was timely, accommodating, and super bubbly! She was a much needed comfort during one of life's most stressful events. At my request, Monique did a great job applying individual eyelash extensions - a 2 hour, yet peaceful process. She even showed up early and stayed late on the day of my wedding in order to transform me into a gorgeous bride on my special day. I received so many compliments from family and friends and my wedding photos were absolutely amazing! To be honest, I feel like I'm a regular looking girl - with Monique's attention to detail and extraordinary level of skill I was transformed! My husband, during out first-look even cried when he saw me! He was absolutely shocked and stunned at how gorgeous I looked. I'd recommend Monique to anyone who is looking for an elegant, and glamorous look for a great price. Trust me you'll receive plenty of compliments and accolades.

Wedding Day Make-Over Review

Reviewed on 5/16/2014

Love, Love, Love Monique! My mother actually found her online. When I met with Monique, I explained that although I wanted to wear make-up for my wedding, I needed to look as "natural" as possible. My husband (fiancé at the time) does not like me to wear make-up and he was adamant that I not look super "made-up" on our wedding day. "I want you to look like you," was his comment. I explained this to Monique, who by the way is a great listener, and she understood perfectly. On my wedding day, Monique came to my house and set up shop right in our dining area. She did my mother’s face first (who also never wear's make-up). My mom loved her finished look: Natural yet glamorous. I was next. Admittedly, I was a little anxious but when she finished, my make-up was beautiful, natural and flawless; and it lasted the entire day and night! Most importantly, my husband was overwhelmed by how beautiful I looked. And the pictures looked great! I HIGHLY recommend Monique and would refer her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 5/04/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Monique and two of her stylists 3 weeks ago for my wedding. It was a wonderful experience! She was extremely helpful and responsive to all of my questions and even had two of her wonderful stylists, Shana Taylor and Jessica Berrios, drive all the way to Pasadena on a Saturday morning to get myself and my best friend ready for my big day. I was so impressed with their work, I had to write a review ( which in all honesty, I hardly ever do.) Even though Monique herself was already booked for that day and couldn't do my makeup for me, she left my friend and I in very good hands. I highly recommend this boutique for anyone looking for a bit of glam for their special occasion. I'd give this review more than 5 stars if I could!

Best. Make-up. Ever.

Reviewed on 1/11/2014

I recently got married for the second time. My second wedding was COMPLETELY different from my first - with one exception. I had Monique do my make-up BOTH times! I have never looked or felt more beautiful than when Monique gets ahold of my face. She can do it all...airbrushing, brow shaping, lash extensions...you name it! What I especially love about Monique is that she actually listens to me and achieves the look I desire, as opposed to just doing whatever she wants. She is a true professional. Whenever I need to look my best, I know that Monique is just a phone call away.

Really great service

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Cara H

Monique was friendly and very attentive to my needs. She was open to suggestions, was on time and a joy to be around on such a special day. I was overall provided great service and I would highly recommend her services.

tattoo cover up and wedding hair

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 STACEY W

I used Monique's services for tattoo cover up (I have a quarter sleeve on my arm) and for hair styling for myself and the bridal party. All I have to say is excellent, excellent, excellent work! My tattoo couldn't be seen at all and matched my skin tone perfectly. It didn't rub off and stayed on all day. My hair was perfect! I provided a picture of how I wanted my wedding hair. Not only was it matched perfectly, it came out looking even better than the picture I brought in. My hair also lasted all day. I loved working with Monique and her staff. They were so friendly and welcoming and I ginuinely enjoyed their company- they're such a pleasure. It felt more like hanging with friends. I felt the price was totally reasonable and the services provided were stellar!

Thank You Monique!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Tammy M

I have been involved in the entertainment industry for over 20 years and have worked with world class make up artists. When it was time to choose the best for my wedding, Monique was it! She flew to the Bahamas (at a personally difficult time for her) and did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids. She is the absolute best! Thank you Monique!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Tashica W

Monique and her assistant provided fantastic service (five stars for every category). I was told--repeatedly--that my makeup was stunning on my wedding day and it stayed in place from the moment of application until I took it off that night. Monique and her assistant also provided makeup for my bridesmaids and my mother. Everyone loved their makeup. I was amazed by how she and her assistant did not provide cookie cutter service. She truly individualized the process for each individual. I would recommend Monique to ANY bride who wants exemplary service and a stunning look on her wedding day.

Amazing Make-Up Artist

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Shelly G

I booked Monique for my wedding then started seeing her for my brow/facial needs. It's now been about a year since I first met her and I'm so happy I did. She is sweet, kind and a perfectionist. She is amazing -- truly an artist. She and her team did hair and make-up for me and 9 others on the day of my wedding. She stayed on schedule and did an amazing job. I never worried once about my make-up during the entire wedding. I don't think I ever even had to do any touch-ups. Definitely book her for your hair and make-up, but don't forget about everything else she does as well.

A True Artist

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Shohreh M

Monique did a great job on my face and my daughter's face for the wedding. I've had a strong vision of how I want my daughters makeup to be and Monique patiently made it happen. She truly listens and cares for her clients. She was punctual, easy to work with, and her makeup lasted all night long. She truly made my daughters special night, extra special with her amazing talent.

Simply THE BEST :)

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Armita A

Not only she's extremely talented, but also she LISTENS to what her clients say and values their opinion. A quality that is so rare among makeup artists. She ensures that you leave her chair with a biggggg smile on your face. She is veryyyyyyyyy patient and absolutely pleasant to deal with. As for the quality of the makeup, I tend to sweat from my face, but her makeup lasted all night long through all the dancing and sweating!! till I finally took it off with a makeup remover at 4:00am! And above all, almost everyone at the wedding commented on how good my makeup looks and how it had wonderfully lasted.

Thank You Monique!

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Jaszmin G

I highly recommend Monique Powers for all your beauty needs. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding day and surpassed my expectations. She is professional, prompt and versatile, she is a true artist and expert at what she does. I could not have dreamed of a better result. To this day people are still complementing me on how beautiful I was. She is worth every penny, if you are contemplating her services don't hesitate, you will NOT be disappointed.

The Best !!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 aileen e

I love, love, love what Monique did for my hair and make up. She just really know what she's doing - she is simply the best. I did a trial with her and loved it. My husband wanted a few changes and I told her. On my wedding day, I just can't believe how Monique put together what my husband and I liked. My guests and friends just love my hair and make up. It is really amazing. I'm glad I chose Monique out of all the other stylists out there who will charge a lot but their work is very typical.

Made Me Feel Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Shauna B

Monique was absolutely amazing. She was extremely professional, helpful, and sweet. She was accommodating for my makeup and hair preview. She and Jazmine did an amazing job on our hair and makeup. Monique was such a sense of calm the day of my wedding and I am thankful that she and Jazmine were a part of my special day. My makeup and hair lasted the entire day and night. She helped make our day more beautiful than we ever imagined. I would definitely hire her again and recommend her for other events.

Excellent Makeup Artist!

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Adora M

Monique Powers’ makeup and hairstyling transformed me into a movie star bride! I had so many compliments throughout my wedding on how stunning my make up looked and how great I looked in all my photographs. What was even more amazing is that it stayed on all day and through the evening reception. She arrived on the wedding day earlier than expected and worked quickly and efficiently on my hair and makeup, so much so that I arrived 15 minutes early to the church! As well as being highly skilled at what she does, Monique is very personable and puts you at ease. I very highly recommend Monique’s hair and makeup. I have not come across a better makeup artist.

Monique is awesome.

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Rebecca T

Monique and Jessica did an amazing job with my hair & makeup. I have never felt so beautiful. My mom and sister looked stunning too. Monique is personable and friendly and a lot of fun to be around. In the months leading up to the wedding, I visited her for facials and eyebrow shaping as well which was great. The most relaxing facial I've ever had.

Monique is a Beauty Wizard!

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Misi S

Monique did my hair and makeup for my wedding on April 6, 2013, as well as my engagement shoot makeup. After scouting her reviews and her website, I knew she was the right person to help me accomplish the look I wanted for my big day. From the first moment of contact -- her prompt reply to my inquiry -- it was clear to me that Monique is a consummate professional. During our trial session, she was attentive, patient, and focused on making sure that I was happy with the look we achieved together. I loved what we did so much that I asked her to help me with my engagement shoot as well. Not only was she extremely responsive to my questions before the wedding, she arrived in enough time to allow us to pull the look together in a relaxed, un-hurried atmosphere. Monique is simply a lovely and engaging person to be around. You can tell that she loves her work and genuinely wants her clients to look and feel amazing. I was completely comfortable and at ease the entire time. The final verdict on the looks she pulled together for my engagement and wedding shoots? Absolute perfection! The comments and feedback I received from my husband, family, and friends when they saw me (and my photos) were *overwhelmingly* positive. I don't think I've ever looked so good. ;) Monique does BEAUTIFUL work and I'm so thrilled that I was lucky enough to have her help on my big day. THANK YOU, Monique!!

amazing makeup artist

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Lindsey U

I had the pleasure of having Monique Powers do my makeup for my wedding on February 17, 2013. Monique was amazing at listening to what I wanted, and made me look better than I ever knew I could. Having had previous bad experiences with getting my makeup professionally done at other salons, and looking like a cheap drag queen after these experiences, I was naturally worried about my wedding makeup. Monique was somehow able to cover up all of my flaws, made me look natural and elegant, and made my pictures turn out so beautiful. In addition to the above, I had a morning wedding, and Monique arrived to my hotel 20 minutes earlier than our scheduled appointment time. I love timeliness! I would recommend Monique to any bride-to-be and am so thankful I found her. -L

Best Makeup Artist!

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Desiree M

Thank you Monique for your wonderful service! You truly are an amazing artist and a sweet lady. You were very professional and extremely charming. My mom, mother-in-law, and myself really enjoyed having our makeup done by you. We felt so beautiful :) I am happy you were able to do our makeup, due to the high demand of your service. Once again, thank you Ms. Monique for making my wedding that much special! - Ladies, this woman is a genius when it comes to makeup! She just knows how to capture your true beauty! My wedding photos look amazing thanks to my makeup. And plus, this makeup last all night, I couldn't believe it! Monique is a makeup Guru!! Thank you, Desiree

Stunning Airbrush Makeup

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 Lacey L

Monique is amazing! She did airbrush makeup for my wedding and it turned out stunning. I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. My makeup was amazing, the best part was that I was able to sweat and cry and nothing happened to it. I could not have asked for anything more. Monique is amazing and I highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed. She came on time to my hotel with everything including here own comfortable chair (so you feel like a movie star).

True Beauty

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Tanya P

Monique really captured what I was looking for perfectly. I've loved make-up ever since I was a little girl and have always wanted to try air-brush makeup. She was so nice and made me feel really comfortable at both my make-up trial, so much so that I hired her for my wedding too! I actually live in Syracuse, NY so I was nervous about having to find someone so far away (that I didn't know) to do my make-up. I examined her work online and basically took a chance. I couldn't have been happier and she did a fantastic job. For celebrity style treatment and look, search no further! I felt like a princess and can say it was well worth the investment!!

TO Monique Powers Beauty Boutique--Airbrush Makeup/Hair