Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

148 Dockside Circle, Lake Tapawingo, MO

Best photographers in KC

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Jackie S

Monika and Jason were the most wonderful photography team for our wedding. They were very professional and courteous. We took engagement photos at Lake Jacomo (their idea) on a steaming hot day in July. They brought props, rented canoes, and got some very romantic and fun lake... Read More shots. They even took photos of us with our 12-year-old chihuahua, as well as close ups of her. These meant the world to me, as she passed away a few weeks later. The day of our wedding, they were on time and well prepared. They listened to our requests and added in ideas of their own. We even made a makeshift photobooth with funny props so our guests could later order their own prints! We then received a personalized DVD set of all of our couple photos, group shots, and reception moments. I would recommend MonPhotography to any bride looking for a unique and fresh perspective to capture the best day of her life!

Wonderful photos!

Reviewed on 3/10/2013 Ashley S

Monika provides professional services and has innovative ideas. Your wedding photos will stand out!

Amazing Photog Team!

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Jennifer D

Monika and Jason did our engagement photos and will be doing our wedding photos. They are simply amazing! Their photos speak for themselves. HIGHLY recommend! UPDATE: Monika and Jason finished our AMAZING wedding photos. Again, all one needs to do is look at their... Read More portfolio. You will not find a better deal than Monika and Jason!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Amanda H

Just love Monica! Best person not only for our family photos but our wedding! She is a keeper with us!! You will not regret having her as apart of any special day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Tina C

Monika was absolutely fantastic on our wedding day! She works so hard and gets things done very efficiently. She comes in and does her thing and gets the job done! She goes with the flow of your day, she is there when you need her and does not try to be pushy and dictate your... Read More day. She pops in and out, shes not intrusive and captures all the moments you want. She is awesome and so is her art.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jonny O

My husband and I cannot thank Monika enough for her effort and professionalism throughout our wedding planning. She met with us a few times before our big day to go over special details and scheduling. I was so impressed by how involved and helpful she was with many details... Read More including the day of schedule and timeline of events. She offered suggestions that both of us hadn't thought of and loved. On the day of she arrived on time and quickly started capturing moments, it was like she wasn't even in the room though. She arranged different items such as my dress, rings, and flower bouquets to get unique pictures. I also have to mention how pet friendly Monika is. We have two dogs both of which we wanted pictures with. She was more than happy to play with them and make them feel comfortable with her. Something I appreciated the most about Monika was how on the day of our wedding she kept us on schedule. She also brought us to areas around Kansas City that we never would have thought of. Days after the wedding, she sent us a sneak peek with tons of pictures. We absolutely loved ALL of them. I would highly recommend using her and look forward to working with her more as our family grows. :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Abby G

Monika (Monphotography) and Jason were amazing on our wedding day. Monika arrived early and made everything a breeze. They took awesome photos. It rained on us and they held umbrellas over us anytime they could so it wouldn't ruin my hair and makeup! They made my husband and I... Read More feel relaxed. They are very stress free and fun! Monika was a doll, one of my fake lashes fell out right before the ceremony and she offered to run out and buy me eyelash glue! 100% not her job, I thought that was amazing. Jason was SO good with the ring bearer and flower girls! He was so good at getting the kids to smile for the family photos. I would highly recommend them! Thanks for everything Jason and Monika!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Christoff G

I hired Monphotography for a photoshoot. The photographer was very easy to work with. She listened to my wishes. She shared professionally her ideas and opinions when she knew sonething might not turn out, even though I wanted it. She has great skills, and you can that and... Read More her quality through her work.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Hannah H

Choosing Monika as your photographer will be the best decision you ever made for your wedding! She arrived over an hour early and had all of our dress, accessories, rings, etc. shots out of the way quickly so she could focus on us. Beyond absolutely amazing photos, she was the... Read More perfect 'light' to brighten our wedding day. She is just an absolute joy to be around and will make the whole day so fun for you! Post wedding day, we were shocked to see sneak peeks of our photos so quickly! And to even more of a surprise she delivered our entire wedding photo collection (about 1400 photos) within SIX DAYS of our wedding and we fell in love with every. single. shot. She has given us the greatest gift, photos we will cherish forever of the best day ever. If you are looking for a photographer, choose Monika! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Sarah v

Mon is very professional and lovely to be around. She knew exactly what we needed and made us feel so relaxed! I loved our engagement photos and cannot wait for our beach wedding shots!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Bethany B

MonPhotography made everything so easy, fun and seamless ! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Sarah L

Monika did our wedding photos, she was absolutely amazing not only was she perfessional and creative , she would help you feel confident in how you were in the photos ! In our wedding book she captured all the special parts of our entire day. I recommend Monika she is the best... Read More !!

Outstanding Vendor

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Danielle J

My husband and I loved working with Monika and Jason on our wedding day! Monika took our engagement photos- which we loved! So we were familiar with her work. We were incredibly impressed with our engagement photos and with our wedding photos even more! We have so many amazing... Read More photos from our special day. I couldn't have asked for a better. Monika and Jason made taking photos fun and comfortable. We have the best and most beautiful memories of our wedding day captured by MonPhotography.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Clayton J

Easiest part of my wedding day! Best team ever!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Missy B

We had a wonderful experience with Monika and her team. Monika is super talented and artistic and we absolutely loved ALL our photos. I would highly recommend MonPhotography for all your photography needs!

Professional, Artistic, Fun, Talented,Personable

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

MonPhotography was our first choice for wedging photographers, as she has captured amazing moments of our wiley crew for photos the past several years. Few people can wrangle a free-spirited family of 5 without anyone feeling "wrangled" or worse, "poised!" Monika moves... Read More swiftly without rushing, she capitalizes on the natural beauty available and has what we feel is the perfect balance between "fly on the wall" and "guiding" you through the shoot! She is innovative, while timeless. Her images have such feeling behind them - which we attribute to her great demeanor and ease. You get to just enjoy the time with your groom/bride/family and Monika somehow manages to be right there (without ever seeing her "right there") for every single, beautiful moment shared. When we received all of our images after our wedding, I was shocked that she captured so many moments of seeming minutia, unbeknownst to me. Those are the moments that are so precious- and thankfully, we have them forever captured! On top of all else, she's fun and easy going. Who couldn't use that on their wedding day? 10 thumbs from our family way up for MonPhotography!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

Monika is an amazing photographer. She has a beautiful eye for photos. She also has a wonderful way to make you feel relaxed in front of the camera so your photos come out looking real and full of love. We loved her photos from our wedding so much we have continued to use her as... Read More our go to photographer for family photos for the last several years.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

Monika is simply the best photographer in the area. I HIGHLY recommend her. She captures amazing innovative photos. She is very sweet and full of life which makes it really easy to connect with her during your photo shoot. There is no one my family would rather go to for family... Read More pictures. I cannot say enough good things about Monphotography. You will not regret your decision in choosing them to capture your memories.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Elizabeth W

Monika and Jason are outstanding people. I fell in love with their work years before I even got engaged and I knew that they were who I wanted to photograph my wedding. When my husband and I did our engagement pictures I was very nervous about how “un-photogenic” I thought we... Read More were going to be, but Monika made us feel very comfortable. She definitely thinks out of the box, if there was somewhere with the perfect lighting and the perfect backdrop we were stopping in the middle of the street, I loved it! Our engagement pictures turned out great. We got married on 8/22/15 and Monika and Jason showed up on time and jumped right in with taking pictures. I am very thrilled with the shots that we got on our wedding day even when we were in a time restraint. I got a lot of great feedback from my guests at the reception about how many pictures they were taking and how long they were there for. We can’t wait to see all the pictures!

Amazing!!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Amanda E

Monika with Monphotography exceed my expectations with our engagement and wedding pictures. She was a real gem, and did a fantastic job with both pictures. I really thought our engagement pictures would be awkward and couldn't be anything like those "Pinterest" pictures you... Read More see, but let me tell you - every single one was Pinterest perfect!! The day of the wedding was great as well, Monika was flexible with timing and all of the craziness that goes into a wedding day. Our pictures we're great, beyond great really... and I would recommend her to anyone needing an engagement or wedding photographer. We are looking forward to using her for years to come!! 5 stars!!

Wonderful Artistic Photographers!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 DoroThea P

Monphotography was outstanding to work with. Monika was extremely professional and kept me stress-free. She communicated quickly whenever I had questions. She listened to what I wanted and the poses I felt really confident in, while adding her unique creativity to every... Read More picture. She came up with off-the-wall scenic places for intimate and bridal party pictures that turned out breath taking! I will be hiring her again and again!

My favorite wedding vendor!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015

I highly recommend Mon Photography for capturing your engagement and wedding memories! Quality, responsiveness and dependability was top notch. The second I have babies, I know who I'll be calling for more beautiful images!

Photographers who share your vision

Reviewed on 2/20/2015 Jessica J

It's difficult to convey your expectations for your wedding-it's the biggest day of your life! Needless to say, the expectations are high and you want every detail to be perfect. If you choose Monphotography to capture your day, you will have memories that will last forever... Read More representing your day more beautifully than you can imagine. Monika came to the table with wonderful ideas and creative ways to bring out our personality in each photograph. With a vast knowledge of KC "digs", Monika will find the perfect spot (that you probably didn't even know existed) for your photos. Whether it's climbing trees, tromping through fields of wildflowers, standing on shoulders, riding golf carts, or laying on the wet ground, Monphotography WILL undoubtedly get that perfect shot and make you feel comfortable and excited in the process!

Outstanding photographer!

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Jessica R

Captured our big day more perfectly then we could have ever dreamt of. Absolutely breathtaking photos! Love the props she brings. Monphotograpy also took our engagement pictures and newborn baby pictures. Her work is amazing!

Best Photographer in the business

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Robert B

Monphotography captured my husband and I perfectly. With the unique vintage feel to the photos and Monika's fun loving spirit, it was like a day out with an old friend just playing around. Even my husband was able to let loose and have fun! I will forever go to Monika for any... Read More photo needs! Thanks again for making our engagement and wedding photos unique and perfect for us!