Quirky and being in Love!!

I am very inspired by anything vintage and antique. I love photographing the craziness in life such as laying in a wildflower field and rolling around in the dirt play fighting! I am not shy and look forward to photographing your goofy and so in love relationship. xoxo- Monika

Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

148 Dockside Circle, Lake Tapawingo, MO (816) 739-8788

Best photographers in KC

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Jackie S

Monika and Jason were the most wonderful photography team for our wedding. They were very professional and courteous. We took engagement photos at Lake Jacomo (their idea) on a steaming hot day in July. They brought props, rented canoes, and got some very romantic and fun lake... Read More shots. They even took photos of us with our 12-year-old chihuahua, as well as close ups of her. These meant the world to me, as she passed away a few weeks later. The day of our wedding, they were on time and well prepared. They listened to our requests and added in ideas of their own. We even made a makeshift photobooth with funny props so our guests could later order their own prints! We then received a personalized DVD set of all of our couple photos, group shots, and reception moments. I would recommend MonPhotography to any bride looking for a unique and fresh perspective to capture the best day of her life!

Wonderful photos!

Reviewed on 3/10/2013 Ashley S

Monika provides professional services and has innovative ideas. Your wedding photos will stand out!

Amazing Photog Team!

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Jennifer D

Monika and Jason did our engagement photos and will be doing our wedding photos. They are simply amazing! Their photos speak for themselves. HIGHLY recommend! UPDATE: Monika and Jason finished our AMAZING wedding photos. Again, all one needs to do is look at their... Read More portfolio. You will not find a better deal than Monika and Jason!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Shelby J

From our first coffee meeting, to our engagement photo session, wedding day, and all communication in between, Monika was absolutely a m a z i n g ! Super easy to communicate with. Very professional, calm, cool, and collected. Her unique style really captured our engagement... Read More photos and the entire wedding day in such a beautiful way. Very natural, nothing forced. She also had all our wedding photos back to us in less than two weeks after the wedding! I was so surprised! The second photographer Monika brought in for our wedding was Dustin Duewel. He was awesome as well!! Very easy to work with on the day of the wedding! Loved the different angles he was able to capture throughout the day! Thank you, Dustin!! I recommend Monika, 100%! We are so thankful and hope to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Ashlyn B

Monika was fantastic through and through. I had a great time getting to talk to her and discuss what we wanted out of the pictures. Her quality and style is just amazing and I could not be any happier. I don't think I'll ever find another photographer. She's fantastic with... Read More children too. My three year old just loved her. Every time I go through the photos she took for our wedding I get happier and happier!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Vanessa O

Monika did more than a fantastic job with our engagement and wedding photos. She was very organized and prepared for anything (it poured on our wedding day)! The pictures were beautiful!!! She has made me cry multiple times, and that’s a good thing. You are one talented lady!! I... Read More recommend her to anyone!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Lauren J

Monika is amazing!!!! She took our engagement photos and captured us beautifully! This is not an easy task as my now husband is 6'9" and I am 5'3"... not to mention, Monika is shorter than me! Somehow, though, she managed to capture our chemistry and just about every photo she... Read More sent us was beautiful! She's very professional and fun at the same time. She'll tell you if something isn't working, be it the pose, the lighting, etc. We loved our engagement pictures so much that we ended up flying her out to California with us so that she could capture our dream wedding! We cannot wait to get the photos back! Her and Jason (our videographer of Anchored Media) are simply wonderful to work with and a lot of fun! If you are looking for pictures that truly capture the special spark between you and your loved ones, Monika is your gal!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 John H

I don't even know where to start when it comes to how much I love Monika and monphotography!! I first met Monika after asking on Facebook for reccomendations for a photog for engagement pics. I had a ton of names, and I just new Monika was the one when I saw her style on her web... Read More page. She had the most amazing ideas and long story short- our photos looked like they belonged in a magazine. We were amazed. Imagine how pleasently surprised we were when she told us she photographed destination weddings!! We had just booked our wedding in Cabo, but didn't want to be stuck with the crappy and extremely expensive resort photographer, so we booked Mon to come with us! (It was actually more cost effective for us to bring Monika with us than to pay for only 4 hours of the crappy resort photographer, and she photographed ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT long.) We had a meeting a few weeks before the wedding where Monika asked about special photos I wanted, who to include in family formals, and names. She did an AMAZING job organizing our large family that likes to talk a whole lot more than they like to listen. She also did amazing with all the littles that we had in our wedding. In addition to photography, Monika helped me a lot with wedding day logistics to which I was completely oblivious, which was far beyond her requirements as a photographer. By the end of her time in Mexico with us, I think all of our guests were just as in love with her as we are. She took beautiful photos of many of the couples that attended our wedding, aside from just the wedding party. I know they appreciated the keepsakes. She also offered to do small individual family sessions on the beach the day before the wedding for all the guests. Lastly, she photographed our rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner night without us even asking. I have to toot Monika's horn one last time, about something that I think is a huge deal surrounding a wedding- turnaround time on getting photos back! Holy crap... we had the link to every single one of our beautifully finished photos before we got home from our honeymoon. Less than a week!! My sister got married last year and waited over a month. I was so surprised and happy when she gave us a few sneak peaks just two days after the wedding. Now we can use a wedding photo of our choice for our thank you cards, and still send them out in a timely manner. To say we were happy with the services that Monika provided would be an understatement. My new husband already mentioned that he hopes she can do our family photos one day, and I feel the same way. Monika will be our choice for any type of our photography needs as long as she's in the business. I recommend her without hesitation for any type of boudoir, engagement, wedding or other photos you may need. I know you'll be happy with your choice!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kate J

Monika was awesome! She knew her stuff and created a fantastic photo album for our wedding pictures! Not one moment was missed. She was personable and made us feel right at home from the start. She was professional but friendly..and awesome at working with children. Worth every... Read More penny!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Kristen P

After seeing Monika's pictures from a couple friends at work, I knew she would be the perfect person for our wedding. She was the only photographer we met with and my husband and we were sold immediately. She goes above and beyond to get amazing pictures and provides excellent... Read More service. Our engagement and wedding photos are nothing short of incredible and we'll cherish them forever!! Not to mention, we got our wedding pictures back in less than a week - every girl's dream! You are in great hands with Monika and will not be disappointed. We'll definitely have her shoot our babies one of these days!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Ashley D

Monika is an outstanding photographer!! Our wedding photos are amazing. It rained the entire day and she was still able to capture photos outside and you would have never known that it was raining. She is also great at getting your photos back very quick!! Great personality and... Read More very personable. You won't go wrong with her!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Kendra S

I knew I wanted Monika to do our engagement photos and wedding based off the work she does for everyone else. She proved that with our wedding. She captured every part of our day and we couldn't be happier with the photos we got. I would recommend Monika to anyone. She is... Read More one of the best!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Tricia Z

We will never use anyone else for our photography needs. She is priceless.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Lisa H

Hands down the best photographer in the Kansas City area. Monika is AMAZING to work with and her photos are more than we could have ever asked for. We are beyond happy about the way our engagement session turned out and can't wait for our wedding! She captured every beautiful... Read More moment of our session. HIGHLY recommend Monika!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Loren G

Look no further and book with Monika ASAP!! There are just not enough positive words to describe Monika and her work! My husband and I have done several shoots with her and she goes above and beyond expectations to make sure all the details and emotions are captured! Not only... Read More are her pictures truly fabulous but she gets them back to you so quickly! We also had our giant Great Dane join us for one session, we were a little worried he would be a handful however it was no sweat to her she works great with animals too! We highly recommend her and truly look forward to continue working with her in the future!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Sierra G

Monika was my favorite vendor by far. She did my sister-in-laws wedding and was recommended to me. I fell in love with her work instantly. She is not only an amazing photographer, but she is so full of spunk and friendliness that she brings so much joy to the day as a whole! I... Read More have only gotten my teasers so far and I am so so so so excited to see the rest. Me and my husband are excited to be lifelong clients of hers!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie C

Our engagement session with Monika was so fun! I typically do not enjoy having my picture taken but Monika knew how to make the whole experience so enjoyable. She really took her time with us and I felt like she genuinely cared. The pictures are amazing and we would highly... Read More recommend her!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Cecilia M

The first word that comes to mind when thinking about Monika and Monphotography in general, is WOW! She made my fiancé and I feel like celebrities when she posted out engagement photos. We had many people tell us they were their "favorite engagement photos ever." She had unique... Read More ideas, asked questions to figure out what we wanted, and made suggestions when we didn't know! Our photos were beautiful and different then any I've ever seen. We love her so much we're taking her to Mexico with us to shoot our destination wedding! Monphotography for the win!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Shelby K

Monika did our engagement and wedding pictures and we couldn't be happier! I love her freestyle shooting, not having a strict, rigid plan made things way less stressful and the pictures couldn't have been more beautiful! She's very patient and fun to work with and makes sure you... Read More get all the shots you want. We also loved that she was willing to work with animals, we have 4 dogs we wanted included in our engagement pictures, and she did an amazing job with them as well! Very highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Laura P

In my short 2 weeks of planning an elopement ceremony, I felt so lucky Monika was able to shoot on my special day. Looking at her work for other brides, I felt she would be perfect in capturing such a special moment in my life. Perfect she was! Her ideas were hands down awesome!... Read More She's so easy to work with and seeing our pictures left me speechless!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Amanda H

Just love Monica! Best person not only for our family photos but our wedding! She is a keeper with us!! You will not regret having her as apart of any special day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Tina C

Monika was absolutely fantastic on our wedding day! She works so hard and gets things done very efficiently. She comes in and does her thing and gets the job done! She goes with the flow of your day, she is there when you need her and does not try to be pushy and dictate your... Read More day. She pops in and out, shes not intrusive and captures all the moments you want. She is awesome and so is her art.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jonny O

My husband and I cannot thank Monika enough for her effort and professionalism throughout our wedding planning. She met with us a few times before our big day to go over special details and scheduling. I was so impressed by how involved and helpful she was with many details... Read More including the day of schedule and timeline of events. She offered suggestions that both of us hadn't thought of and loved. On the day of she arrived on time and quickly started capturing moments, it was like she wasn't even in the room though. She arranged different items such as my dress, rings, and flower bouquets to get unique pictures. I also have to mention how pet friendly Monika is. We have two dogs both of which we wanted pictures with. She was more than happy to play with them and make them feel comfortable with her. Something I appreciated the most about Monika was how on the day of our wedding she kept us on schedule. She also brought us to areas around Kansas City that we never would have thought of. Days after the wedding, she sent us a sneak peek with tons of pictures. We absolutely loved ALL of them. I would highly recommend using her and look forward to working with her more as our family grows. :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Abby G

Monika (Monphotography) and Jason were amazing on our wedding day. Monika arrived early and made everything a breeze. They took awesome photos. It rained on us and they held umbrellas over us anytime they could so it wouldn't ruin my hair and makeup! They made my husband and I... Read More feel relaxed. They are very stress free and fun! Monika was a doll, one of my fake lashes fell out right before the ceremony and she offered to run out and buy me eyelash glue! 100% not her job, I thought that was amazing. Jason was SO good with the ring bearer and flower girls! He was so good at getting the kids to smile for the family photos. I would highly recommend them! Thanks for everything Jason and Monika!