Book Your Wedding with Monponsett Inn

A BALLROOM IN HALIFAX, MA

Outdoor Gazebo. Couples that wish to say "I do" on the property appreciate the outdoor gazebo. The gazebo can be elegantly decorated, and it faces the lake for beautiful views of the water. There's also a permanent lakeside dock for amazing first-look photos.

Indoor Reception Area. Inside the inn is a ballroom that accommodates up to 175 of your closest friends and family members. There is an oversized dance floor in the center of the room, which makes dancing the night away a breeze. Couples also appreciate the romantic lighting that really sets the mood for this important life event.

Couples discover that the wedding packages provided by the Monponsett Inn have a great deal to offer. The packages are available for parties of 125 to 175 guests only. For starters, the bride and groom are treated to a wedding guest book, a wedding cake with cake cutting services and a choice of a cash or open bar. Next, couples are given the use of a photo booth for four hours, which comes complete with props for funny poses and an attendant to assist if needed.

Tables and chairs are provided, along with floor-length linens, chair covers and napkins in a wide variety of colors. Perhaps the biggest advantage to using this venue is the complimentary bouquet for the bride and six of her bridesmaids. That's not all; the mothers of the bride and groom are presented with corsages and all of the men in the groom's party receive boutonnieres.

When it comes to the dinner, the catering staff only uses the freshest ingredients, so you know the meal is going to be flavorful. A few hors d'oeuvres that you'll discover on the menu include an apple walnut salad, Italian wedding soup and shrimp cocktail. Crab-stuffed sole, rack of lamb and roasted chicken saltimbocca round out the entrees. The chef is also open to special dietary requests, such as vegetarian meals and gluten-free dishes. The bride and groom will be packaged a free dinner to take home once the ceremony ends.

There are a few extra perks that make the Monponsett Inn an excellent wedding and reception venue. First, couples are given a 10-passenger, chauffeur-driven limousine that transports them from their home to the inn. This means the bridal party is able to arrive in style. Second, a bridal suite with complimentary champagne for all the ladies is included. The bride and her bridesmaids have a private area to check makeup and provide any last-minute encouragement.

• Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Wireless Internet service

We pour our heart into your wedding day

Renowned for achieving the most memorable, elegant and affordable wedding receptions anywhere on the South Shore. The waterfront gazebo area with a lakeside dock provides the most unsurpassed backdrop for perfect ceremonies and photography. Our standards of quality and service are amongst the highest in the industry. Our event manager guides you every step of the way to keep on track and stress free during your planning. Our wedding coordinators execute your every wish and the chef prepares his famous cuisine for your guests to boast about for years to come!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

550 Monponsett Street, Halifax, MA (781) 293-2116

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Nicole M

Amanda and the team at the Monponsett Inn are phenomenal - we could not have had a better experience! We chose the Monponsett Inn for our August 19, 2017 wedding reception venue and since day one, Amanda ensured that every question, every detail, and every aspect of the... Read More reception was answered and taken care of. We really can't say enough about Amanda - she's so responsive and helpful and made sure that the reception planning process during our engagement was so smooth. On the day of the wedding when we arrived at the venue, we couldn't have been happier - the sunset was gorgeous and the perfect backdrop for our photos, the room was decorated and set up perfectly, and we were greeted right away by Patricia, our onsite reception coordinator from the Monponsett staff - she was the BEST. We loved our experience and we're so glad that we chose the Monponsett Inn for our big day!

2017-09-23T22:14:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nicole and Brian for taking the time to write this review! The love you two share is truly special. I loved that Brian dedicated a special song to you. I truly loved working with you and helping you plan your special day. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jodie L

From the moment I started emailing Amanda I knew I was going to connect with her. She always got back to me in a timely manner and believe me with a year and a half of planning I had ALOT of questions. She always knew the right thing to say and where to send me when I needed... Read More outside advice. The fact that Amanda and I connected on a more personal level made it even better, she would check on me periodically and knew when I was having a rough time. She really made me feel special. The vendors were easy to work with and knew the ins and outs of everything I needed/wanted. This was a big relief. The chef met with us and took into consideration the picky eaters we were and the guests with even more pickiness then us. The day of our wedding couldn’t have went smoother. We had a coordinator named Trisha and she was out of this world. She was spunky and knew just what to say to our crazy wedding party, and especially with having our four children in the wedding Trisha was the assertiveness we needed and got! Up until the last second I was at the venue that night amanda and Trisha were there for us and I couldn’t have been happier. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for our amazingly flawless day! All our love, Mr. & Mrs. Levine

2017-10-04T13:55:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Levine (I love the look of that!) for your review! I already miss the emails from you. You two have a special bond and a wonderful family together. You compliment each other so well with the love that you share.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 JoAnne M

This was the perfect wedding venue! We had our ceremony outside in the gazebo and our reception here! We used the complete wedding package and it made wedding planning so simple and stress free. Their wedding package includes so much! It includes the food, cake, invitations,... Read More napkins, limo ride, flowers and so much more! Everyone we worked with at the venue was so helpful from the day we booked until the wedding day. I cannot recommend them enough!

2017-09-23T22:18:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you Joni! Your vision came together so nicely and you looked absolutely amazing! I enjoyed working with you and Adam and appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I hope you share some photos and stop in soon! Amanda

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Robyn A

Beautiful views, mouthwatering food and the best couple to celebrate with! Congratulations Jenna and Chris! Couldn't have planned a more perfect wedding! #Shermanigans #FinallyEverAfter

2017-06-28T22:09:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed Jenna and Chris' wedding day celebration!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 karen g

On June 23 are was at my nieces Wedding Jennifer Conway it was one of the best wedding I was at. From the wedding it self to the eating and dancing. All of the staff were wonderful. Just a great evening,

2017-06-28T21:52:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! We all enjoyed working with Jenna and Chris. Their love is truly something special.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Chris S

I simply cannot say enough about Monponsett Inn! The staff are amazing and all of vendors are incredible! Everything from the owner having coffee with us when we first looked at the venue to after the wedding when our event planner Amanda gave us hug as a thank you for working... Read More with us! The venue, the views, and the prices can't be beat! Monponsett Inn is simply the best, no contest!

2017-06-28T22:08:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing this review! Your wedding day had so many heartfelt moments. The first time I saw you, I had to catch my breath you were so beautiful. When your dad had his first look, I had to hold back tears.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jennifer S

Love this venue! They went beyond expectations when everything finally came together. I wanted to hit the reset button over and over again. They are there step by step, and everything was stress free. Not to mention how beautiful the landscape is and how gorgeous the room came... Read More out for the reception. Definitely found a place we will never forget and will go to for our wedding anniversary every year.

2017-06-28T22:01:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! Your reaction when you saw your bride walking towards you for the first time will stay with me forever. It was such a touching moment. I have never seen a connection like that in all my years of wedding planning.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 John B

My wife and I were recently married at the Monponsett Inn. The location on the lake is simply gorgeous. The reception rooms were neat and clean. We were in a room that overlooked the lake. It was so pretty with the sun setting behind us. Amanda was so very helpful every... Read More step of the way. She worked with us to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. She provided us with a checklist so that we knew what we needed and when we needed it by. It took a lot of the stress out of the whole process. Trisha was wonderful as the event planner during our wedding. She made sure we were where we were supposed to be, when we were supposed to be there. I would highly recommend having your wedding at the Monponsett Inn!

2017-06-28T21:56:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate you choosing us to celebrate your special day with and truly loved sharing every moment of it with you, your family and friends. We hope you share some wedding photos with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Melissa W

Poor customer service right from the beginning when attempting to hold a date. Was told they would "hold" a date and then had another couple interested and told them they would "hold" it for them as well. Gave them weeks to decide and when they finally did, they were given the... Read More date over me. The military and weather are big deciding factors for this venue on who gets first pick on a date, regardless if you inquired first. Can't imagine how the rest of the process would go if this was an issue from the start. No thanks! Beware!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Kerri G

This venue was perfect from the day we went and looked at it two years ago. Amanda the wedding coordinator is fantastic. The packages are awesome they make everything so easy for you. Between the limo and the flowers and the food choices its all in one place and you don't have... Read More to panic about finding a million different vendors. We chose our own DJ so we were able to get a credit towards our price which was fantastic. You can email the venue and less then a couple hours later you have an answer from Amanda. The setting outside for the ceremony is GORGEOUS! The lake and new fountain make the perfect back drop for your photos. The food was fantastic and everything flowed perfectly! I would give this venue 10 stars. The prices are so affordable for people on a budget and you get a fantastic wedding experience! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you Monponsett for making this a day to remember!

Amazing wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Kellie C

After going the a bunch of other venues and leaving with sticker shock...a friend told us to go take a look at Monponsett Inn since they had their reception there. It is a little bit of a drive to get there...but it's worth it! Amanda was great from day one. She answered all of... Read More my questions super quick and took care of everything. Their wedding packages include pretty much everything you need with options to upgrade. The day of the wedding everything went smooth. I didn't have to think about anything. They let me know where to be and what needed to be done and at what time so I wasn't worried about it and could hang out with my guests longer. My only regret is not having a longer reception! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to have a fun wedding at a beautiful location without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 marina s

Where to begin.....Both my self and the groom could not be happier with the decision we made of getting married at the Monponsett Inn. In comparison to other wedding venues the Monponsett Inn passes other venues in all categories in our opinion! The venue is beautiful inside and... Read More out. The lake front views are gorgeous as well as the the ball room for the reception. The staff was very helpful and polite, the food was like no other, guests were raving about the quality and taste of both the appetizers as well as the meal. Also the bartenders worked with me prior to the wedding to help mix up a signature drink to help tie in my fall themed wedding. But MOST IMPORTANT person at the Monponsett Inn that you will work with what feels like side by side is the GM Amanda. SHE WAS AMAZING TO WORK WITH!! She made me feel as though I was the only bride that she was working with. Any thing that I requested she some how made it happen. If it wasn't something they normally do it wasn't a no or we don't do that it was always, let me figure it out and get back to you on how we CAN get it done and she did! Whenever Amanda said she would do something, she did it no matter how big or small. I knew I could count on Amanda. Even to the point that I didn't want to email her on a holiday because I knew she would get back to me that same day...and she did! It seems as though not much upsets Amanda or gets her sweating and that is someone you need to have by your side during this very stressful process! Amanda was defiantly the MVP of my wedding planning process! Amanda is worth her weight in GOLD!

2015-11-09T12:06:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Marina! I can't wait to see the pictures! I loved working with you and helping you plan your wedding. I loved all your little personal touches. The Patriots jerseys, Pat the Patriot making a grand entrance for your groom, the home made centerpieces... Read Less Read More

perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 laura L

Not sure where to start.. My husband and I were married at Monponsett Inn last night and it was PERFECT!!!!!! The grounds are maintained so well it allowed us to have beautiful ceremony outside at the gazebo and then take gorgeous pictures outside... there are not enough words... Read More to express how AMAZING Amanda is to work with. She is so helpful, always answered Any questions we had. She made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with.. we couldn't imaging plan our wedding without her help!! Monponsett Inn has yummy food, a gorgeous ballroom and breathtaking grounds.. we had a perfect wedding day!

2015-10-17T22:59:40 Response from the vendor

Laura your vision was amazing! The centerpieces came out great, the fall swags were perfect, the fireplace decorations were just the right touch. I loved the chair covers and sashes and the table runners just tied everything together. The room was beautiful because of you!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Colleen K

Words can not even explain how wonderful the staff at Monponsett inn was to make my wedding absolutely amazing! From the second we met with Amanda to tour the ballroom we knew we had to have our wedding there! The whole process felt like I was their priority! We wanted to have a... Read More few unique touches and they exceeded every expectation we had! Our wedding was this Past Saturday (10/10/15) and we were speechless when we saw our room decorated, the food was out of this world and our servers were amazing always making sure my husband and I didn't need anything and making our guests happy! I highly recommend having your reception here, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

2015-10-17T22:56:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Colleen! I loved helping you plan your wedding. You had great ideas and the centerpieces came out amazing! I'm glad you and Pat made your guests work for it with the salt and pepper dance off. That was such a great... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 scot f

The staff at monponsett Inn are amazing and very friendly. our wedding is coming up next week and working with Amanda has been extremely helpful and she makes planning for our wedding and rehearsal dinner fun. We also visiting Monponsett Inn for lunch while enjoying their... Read More amazing views!!!

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Brittany B

The Monponsett Inn is a beautiful wedding venue. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo overlooking the lake. It was a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony and pictures. The ballroom is also very nice and everything was set up perfectly. Amanda was so helpful throughout the... Read More planning process! I also loved how much is included in the package (cake, dj, invitations, etc.), and the price was very reasonable. Got a lot of comments from guests that the food was excellent. Overall, this was a perfect wedding venue and a perfect night thanks to Amanda and the rest of the staff at the Monponsett Inn!

2015-10-17T23:02:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your day with us Brittany and Ryan! I loved working with you both and hope to see you again soon. If you want to share some wedding pictures I would love to see them.

A day to remember

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

We had our special day at the monponsett inn.Amanda handled everything we threw at her like a professional and with a smile.what a beautiful spot looking out over the lake saying our vows. The crowd loved it and so did we. The food was excellent and service was outstanding. We... Read More couldn't have picked a better venue. Thanks for everything

2015-10-01T12:44:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure to work with you. I hope to see you again soon!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

The wedding venue was amazing! The view from the gazebo for photos with the water in the background was great! My husband and I wanted a small wedding with an outside ceremony and this was perfect! They work with you from step one and gets down to help with invitations, napkin... Read More colors, florists, and bakeries. We went to an open house they had to try the food and it was great! The wedding went very smooth thanks to all there help and the dinner was awesome would highly recommend this venue!!!!

2015-10-01T12:48:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you, our packages definitely help make the planning easier and I hope a bit less stressful! I enjoyed working with you, thank you for sharing your day with us!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Great place to host my daughter's wedding. The staff was attentive, food was out of this world! Amanda was so helpful in planning it made it much easier I would recommend Monponsett Inn to anyone getting married

2015-10-01T12:50:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your day with us! I hope to see pictures soon!

Awesome

Reviewed on 8/29/2015

Omg I can't believe what a great venue i got at the monponsett inn! It was set up so beautifully inside and out and the food was amazing!!! Amanda who coordinated everything is so awesome!

2015-11-09T12:09:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for leaving us this review! It was great planning your wedding. I'm glad the package made it easier for you to plan while you were living in New York. I hope to see some pictures:-)

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

Recently got married at the Monponsett Inn. The wedding was beautiful, the price was right, the food was amazing and everyone had a blast. Amanda was super helpful in every aspect. I would recommend this venue for anyone's wedding. The gazebo on the lake is great for the... Read More ceremony!

Great wedding on a budget!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

I had about 85 guests at my wedding at Monponsett Inn! It was great, it included my cake, limo, invitations, food, etc. it was great and I was on a budget! Amanda (the event manager) was great and responded to all of my questions quickly via email!

2015-06-12T12:52:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I enjoyed helping you plan your wedding. We plan baby showers too;)

A Night to Remember

Reviewed on 5/01/2015

Amanda L. and the staff of Monponsett Inn helped us plan a wonderful April 25 wedding! The location overlooking a pond was a perfect background for the gazebo ceremony. The reception and buffet dinner were enjoyed by our guests who highly praised the layout, lighting, and... Read More delicious food. Amanda and her team were so helpful in the months of planning and did everything to make the evening memorable.

2015-06-13T17:25:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it more than you know!

What a Beautiful day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

When my limo arrived we were greeted and brought inside. They checked to make sure my groom couldn't see me. They made sure everyone was lined up appropriately. Before my ceremony i got to see the ballroom. It was beautiful! The set up was perfect and they even used there own... Read More creative touches for some of the things i had left over! My day was expected to be a rainy day but luckily the sun let up enough for a beautiful 4:30 ceremony and we even had time to take sun set pictures before the rain hit. Amanda walks behind you so that your train doesn't get caught and brings you to the arch where you would start walking down the isle. That was great because my dress was huge and hard to walk in. Our reception overall went smoothly, the food was great i didn't get to eat much obviously because what bride does ;) The only thing that was a bummer is we had 25 people not show up which means 25 meals we paid for. My husband asked for them to give me chicken tenders through out the night so i wouldn't pass out they agreed but no chicken tenders (which to me wasn't a huge deal just would of been nice) they did give us a small to go box at the end though. We also didn't get to have a piece of our wedding cake other than when we fed each other a small piece. The cake also wasn't announced when they brought it out. At the end my husband went to ask them to make up a piece, there were a bunch of untouched pieces of cake in the trash. They told my husband they didn't have any left ... he was extremely disappointed because it would of been nice for us to have gotten some or they had thought to ask if we wanted a piece packed away besides our top tier. So overall our experience was amazing Amanda made sure things ran smoothly. Just the food service lacked a bit.

2015-06-13T17:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! I apologize about the chicken tenders and the cake. That is not typical but I will definitely address it. If there is cake left over we slice up extra pieces for the bride and groom to take with them. I... Read Less Read More

Fantastic Venue, and it's just the view but the staff that makes it!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Jeannette M

I can not say enough positive things about my experience having our wedding reception with the Monponsett Inn. -Amanda the event coordinator-extremely responsive, always on top of her game, she was even responding to my emails, after I found out she was on vacation. She really... Read More knew her preferred vendors and was a godsend guiding us to people and services fit our taste and more importantly our budget. Ginger-our coordinate for the night, very personable and helped keep us on schedule The Venue- if you haven't seen it, you need to, the food was fantastic,we stuck with the baked stuffed chicken, typical but it really was anything but. The staff- helpful, friendly and appeared to be having fun working, which really makes our guests so comfortable approaching them for any of their needs. Thank to everyone at the Monponsett for really making our night perfect!