Montaña Cielo

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Rocky Mountain Road, Jamul, CA

May 2015 wedding

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Brittany G

I have searched endlessly for a venue that was perfect but wouldn't blow our budget and Montana cielo was that!!! The views were absolutely amazing, every detail was thought of. They have chairs and tables that you can rent for a cheaper rate. You walk down and go under an arch... Read More with a rock waterfall to your left there is a small green grass spot and at the end is the bar. It is open it the dance floor, a pool, the ceremony spot and reception area. Joel and Diane really thought of everything when they made this venue. Everyone at my wedding said how amazing it was and the venue was gorgeous! It is a small drive up a hill but worth it!

Romance meets Reality - the PERFECT Venue

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Jane Z

The Knot didn't provide enough characters to copy and paste my entire review.... instead here are the high lights. I promised myself I would never have an outdoor wedding, because I never wanted to battle the elements (which I know are few and far between in SD), but... Read More everything Montana Cielo offered ended up outweighing what I thought was my most important part of my venue selection. Pros: 1. Joel & Diane The owners are priceless. You cannot put a price tag on the level of customer service they give. Their most important concern for the big day is the couple. Crazy moms, and unpleasant Grandma’s come second- the experience for the couple is always first. They’re both so well versed in doing this, that their tag team abilities of “putting out fires” is unmatched. 2. One Wedding per weekend Since Joel and Diane limit the number of weddings they host in a year, you can tell they aren’t burnt out and impatience with stressed out, sleep deprived brides. The place is YOURS all weekend, and your wedding is literally the most important thing on the planet- or at least you’re made to feel that way. It had the amazing feeling of escaping to a distant family member’s huge family vacation home, the type of home no one in my family owns. 3. Use your own vendors Bringing in my own vendors was SUPER important to me because I do events professionally and I have good relationships with various vendors and NOT having to pay PER HEAD for the bar had to save me at least 3k or more. The modest amount of money we had for the wedding was used so much more efficiently because I got to focus on the guest experience rather than crazy taxes and surcharges that come with hotels, resorts, etc. The other great thing about picking all of your own vendors is having the flexibility to decide where you want to make cuts- whether it be the flowers, officiant, linens, décor, you name it. Things to Consider ….. 1. Firm guest limitation The hardest part of any wedding planning process is figuring out the guest list. We had 120 people attend, which is 10 less than their max. I have to admit, they really nailed it on the headcount. 2. Where is Jamul? The biggest draw back to the venue was it being in Jamul. Being from La Mesa, I am familiar with the area, however folks from North County seem to have never heard of “ha-mool”. East County certainly isn’t known for it’s hotels so I was a bit a nervous about that. We rented shuttles from the Sycuan Golf Resort, they are familiar with Montana Cielo and their shuttle drivers are experienced on the drive to the property. We allowed guests the option of parking at Sycuan (where we had our room block) or parking at Jamul Primary School. I was super nervous about parking at the venue and having to provide a shuttle. An hour before the ceremony I saw people arriving who I hadn’t given the address to, I was nervous we would run out of room and started panicking a bit. Joel & Diane assured me this happens at every wedding... everything went off without a hitch and I wish I would have let go of some of that stress, because Joel and Diane really know how to make things work. 3. Group Effort This could be considered a pro or con- I found it a bit of both. Looking back, I think the hands on approach made the day/weekend even more special for me. All of our friends and family came together as a unit to help us on this special day. No one complained and it was so rewarding

OOOOOO-AHHHHH

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Pamela G

Going back and thinking of the beginning of the wedding planning journey a venue was first on my list of things to do. I spoke with and got several packages and rates for hotels and halls. I had somewhat of a vision and stumbled across Montana Cielo. Finding this location... Read More was an answered prayer. The Proctors were so pleasant to work with and since the first meeting I knew this was the place I wanted to get married at. It is just such a perfect venue for many reasons....very personable (only 1 wedding per weekend), they offer table and chair rentals, can bring in your items during the week of your event, can stay the night before, and so much more. This venue is great for the couple on a budget too. My finance and I payed for our own wedding and having such a beautiful location like this you even save on decor because it's outside there's not much you need to do to enhance it. Many of my family and friends just enjoyed being outside and being away from the city. I feel this is a hidden gem and would recommend this to any bride and groom. At least go check it out for yourself.

Hidden Jewel!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Krista P

Where do I begin? Joel and Diane were an absolutely amazing team to work with from beginning to the end. This hidden jewel was everything we could have ever dreamed of and our guests are still raving about this venue and the breathtaking views. It rained all morning up until... Read More about 10 minutes prior to start time and not a single drop of rain the entire ceremony and reception. It made for the most beautiful pink and orange sunset and perfect lighting for photos. This venue was accomodating when we had to postpone our date and was so friendly and willing to work with us when we needed it most. Best of all is that you are able to bring in your very own vendors. But, the best part of all was that it was reasonably priced and so different from your typical San Diego wedding. THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!

FAIRYTALE WEDDING! STUNNING VIEWS! AFFORDABLE!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Rachel B

I can't say enough fantastic things about Montana Cielo. I feel like it's a hidden gem. The owners, Joel and Diane, were amazing to work with. Because they only do about 14 weddings a year, I feel we received exceptional one-on-one service. They were prompt in answering... Read More questions and so incredibly easy to work with. Plus they offered one of the most beautiful venues in San Diego. One of the great things about this venue is that it really can fit into any budget. You have the flexibility of hiring all your own vendors and even providing your own alcohol (huge savings!), making everything as affordable as you want it to be. We had our wedding July 13 and the weather could not have been more perfect. The photos of the views at this venue do not do it justice. You can see Downtown! The sunset was one of the prettiest I've ever seen. Our guests could not stop talking about it. Everyone kept asking how we found this place and how exceptionally beautiful it was. So many guests said it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to. If you are looking for a venue in San Diego, I HIGHLY recommend Montana Cielo. At least take a drive out to see it, you will instantly fall in love. The only downside is the distance from hotels, but we stayed in a hotel Downtown and hired a charter bus for the night. It was an absolute blast with a built-in after party on the bus ride home. There are not many San Diego venues that offer such a unique and beautiful setting for such an affordable price. You're missing out if you have your wedding anywhere else!

TO Montaña Cielo