Monte Cristo Ballroom, LLC

Everett, WA

'The All-Inclusive Monte Cristo Ballroom'

Classic elegance drawing on the influence of the Italian Renaissance is the hallmark of this historic property. Currently Washington's most all-inclusive wedding venue, offering more than 82% of what you need for your wedding day, all taken care of in-house! Including staffing, set-up, clean-up, DJ, photobooth, stationary, decor package, officiant, cake, planning team, catering and much, much more!

Ballroom, Historic Venue

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1507 Wall St, Everett, WA (425) 740-5046

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Nathaly K

We just had our wedding here on 05/07/17 and it was beyond amazing!!!! I am very controlling and I didn’t have to worry about a thing except to make sure to make time to eat because I was too busy greeting all my guest during dinner. From the beginning of signing the contract to... Read More the day of the wedding, the planning and lesion team were great at answering all my emails and calls if I had questions or updates for my file. The communication between all the employees day of the wedding was awesome, all my guest kept saying they were very friendly and helpful if they had a questions or needed directions to the restroom etc. I worked with Paiton and she is amazing. She gave me her personal number at our final run thru and she said if I needed to update anything else to text or call her. I was very impressed with that. She is very good with her job. She made sure everything went right and everything was. Also, the staff that was working the day of my wedding was so helpful thru out the day even when we were running late cause of pictures. My bridal party is a little needy and our Butler Monte handled them with grace and was always there when I needed him. The bartenders were great as well. Food was sooo good, the guest kept raving about the food after the wedding. We choose the buffet and there were so many delicious choices. The DJ was awesome, we had a couple traditional music for my parents and if he wasn’t sure of which song (only due to my dad not communicating well) he would ask me and all my music I requested got played and more. I could go on and on, but from my experience if you are debating on this venue towards another I would tell you… “The day of my wedding turned out perfect and it was all because of Pation and the staff at Monte Cristo. I really didn’t realize I had my dream wedding til the end of the day when I was soaking in the all the fun through the whole day with the groom. ALL of my guest said they had the best time ever, that it was a beautiful venue and they had so much fun.” THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Olga M

Our wedding was February 3,2017. Andrey and I decided to get married here because of so many positive experiences, and we wanted to share ours too. First of all our wedding planner Lauren was amazing, 5/5 stars! She took care of us from the very first appointment and until... Read More the last minute of our wedding. She did great job listening and keeping the whole day organized, even my maid of honor complimented Lauren on how much she was doing for me. Every bride complained about how stressful wedding planning is but Lauren and this all inclusive deal made it so stress free that every penny we spent here helped us enjoy every minute of our wedding. We also wanted to compliment Paiton who was besides Lauren. It rained during our photos and all our dresses got muddy dirty. Paiton and Lauren took the time to get everything out and made them look spotless. Our buffet style dinner was delicious!! And the huge selection of food definitely kept our guests happy! And Dj Dru did a great job keeping the guests dancing and definitely played the songs I requested. Thank you! One down part for me was that the photo-booth stoped working and we weren't able to enjoy that part and take an album home. But I know it wasn't anybody's fault, so maybe double check for it to work before a wedding happens. Also we were promised to have thank you gifts passed out at the door while guests were leaving but all the thank you gifts were left at the table without guests noticing them. Other then those few hiccups Andrey and I are extremely glad that we chose Monte Cristo Ballroom. We would recommend it to any couple who is looking to have a relaxing wedding, where you will definitely be taken care of. Thank you Monte Cristo staff, we will forever cherish it!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Sandy D

We had a great experience with the Monte Cristo. When we first found the venue and visited, I was a little skeptical as it seemed too good to be true. It was a little more reasonable price wise than other venues we looked at, and they said they would take care of pretty much... Read More everything. Turns out my skepticism was unnecessary as the Monte Cristo really is everything it claims to be! I’m going to start with Lauren who was our day-of coordinator. We met Lauren about 2 months before the wedding itself. Prior to that, we had worked with other members of the planning team, who were all competent and great. What a relief, though, to be able to talk to the person who was actually going to be there on the wedding day! There were little nuances that were hard to communicate through notes in a file, so being able to articulate them to Lauren was amazing. She gave us her cell number and encouraged us to text her anytime day or night . Besides being a warm and friendly person, Lauren is EXTREMELY good at her job. I had no anxiety about the wedding in the days prior because I knew she would be there. Now for the venue: It’s beautiful. The food is delicious. We received multiple compliments on the food. My brother has been to several weddings lately and he said it’s the best food he’s ever had at a wedding. One of the selling points for us at the very beginning was that each partner would get a butler to help them on the wedding day. One thing I didn’t like is that they were a little hard to track down when we needed them. I quickly realized, though, that employees are always around, and they are ALL willing to do whatever you need. So, if you expand your expectations beyond just the butlers themselves, you won’t have anything to worry about. Another awesome thing about the venue is all of the space. I loved that there was a separate area for people to drink and sit and wait for the dining room to be ready. I’ve been to other weddings where people just stand around waiting for the room to be flipped, so I really liked how the Monte Cristo handles that. Our time working with the Monte Cristo wasn’t without little snafus (for example, I had some trouble finding a dress at their boutique, which was something that was included with our package) but I quickly learned that they will always work with you to make it right. As far as I’m concerned, that’s all you can ask for. It’s impossible to avoid having something go wrong, but if you are working with people who understand your point of view and are willing to work with you, you can’t ask for more than that. One issue we had that was our fault, was that our bakery only gave us our small display cake and not the sheet cakes that we needed to serve. I discreetly asked someone to please serve small pieces, and somehow we got it to be enough! I was so grateful for their help! The last thing I’ll talk about (I could keep going, but I want people to actually be able to read this review!) is the DJ. AWESOME. I’ve heard great things about all of the DJs the Monte Cristo works with, but Travis was seriously amazing. They have you fill out a packet for the DJ about a week beforehand, so that really helps with the music. In our case, we picked the songs that were important to us, but left the rest up to his expertise. He also acted as an expert emcee. In short my husband and I have only been able to say to each other how perfect the day was. Really perfect.

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Nina P

My fiancé (now husband!) and I just got married this last weekend and I wanted to write a review as soon as possible so that I could tell everyone about our experience. When we first got engaged, my friend had told us about the Monte Cristo Ballroom and how much they offer. It... Read More seems like a no-brainer, but we did check out several venues just to be sure of our decision before we decided to sign. It didn't take long to realize that the wedding industry is a business like no other every single thing is so expensive and talking about you get offers most of what you need is like a break in the clouds. We decided to book with the Monte Cristo last year and had been able to meet with our planner and check out different decor options, and use their stationary service. Our biggest fear with booking an all-inclusive venue is that the package would not be customizable enough and it would feel like a cookie cutter wedding. That is not true at all, they have so many different options for everything from stationary to the core and they allow you to bring in anything you want as far as your own items as well. Our planner was so incredibly helpful and sweet throughout the process and she was there to make sure that the day was perfect for us. I didn't think that I would be nervous on the day of the wedding, but the moment I woke up it all hit me. Luckily, seeing her face while getting ready with my girls (and a mimosa or two...) really helped to keep me calm and get me prepared for the day. Everything else flowed well from there. The catering was just like it had been up our tasting originally and so many of my guests told me it was the best wedding I've ever been to. If only they knew how affordable it all was... I feel like we got the perfect place. Highly recommend checking them out and comparing. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

Reviewed on 3/20/2018 Carrie D

So many women have dreamed of their wedding details since as far back as they can remember. I am definitely not that woman! Unfortunately, when I got engaged I had absolutely no idea what I wanted or how to even put together a wedding. I looked at lots of different vendors and... Read More quickly became overwhelmed, even put the wedding planning on hold for a while. My co-worker's son had gotten married at the Monte Cristo recommended it to save time and stressed with their planning services and all inclusive package. I had no idea that anything like this existed, and this venue is the only venue that does as much as I do. The only things outside of what they offer that I needed to take care of was flowers and photographer, and some little stuff like bridal gifts and hair/makeup. Other venues have you to bring in pretty much everything. I was so, so grateful for the planning services at MC because they had so many great suggestions and told me their ideas on how to make the day perfect. And it was! Everything that we had talked about turned out perfectly. I am so, so glad that I when was the Monte Cristo Ballroom. It is actually more affordable then paying for things separately which is counterintuitive when you look at how much that they do, but I promise you will save stress annnd money. I did a lot of comparisons and would have ended up spending another 10,000 on the wedding for what I had offered here. I have some of the most beautiful photos from my wedding and so many happy guests. Please, please do yourself a favor and check out this venue!!! Special thanks to Pam, Chef Anthony, and Kelly!

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Ashley D

As the bride, this was supposed to be the best day of my life. However, due to all the issues of the venue-it quickly became one of the worst. Planning a wedding as a full-time employee and mother of two, I decided to go with this venue because it was "all-inclusive" and... Read More believed them that they would provide everything they promised on their website and in person. As a client of the venue, I will only speak to the issues that I had with the venue.  Pros -Beautiful venue -Invitations were done as agreed upon Cons -Dress wasn't ready after 3 alterations. Had to rush to buy another dress 3 days before the wedding and also pay extra for rush alterations. -Communication was non-existent. It would take weeks for a response -Decoration for the wedding weren't fulfilled as we agreed upon at all. There was a meeting and everything written down about how decorations were supposed to be presented. They had to be told several times they forgot things that were in the sheet and some things weren’t even put out as agreed upon. -The day before the wedding we were supposed to have a rehearsal. They booked the venue without communicating with us so we could change the time.  -THE OFFICIANT DID NOT SHOW UP. Yes, this was provided by the venue also. We had to have a family member step in last second (10 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start) and he had to improve the ceremony.  -The food wasn't bad, but since we started late due to waiting for the officiant-they kept the food out for less than an hour and many guests didn't get to eat.  -They messed up my expensive cake. Ultimately, I expected the owner to reach out for at least an apology. A couple days go by and I hear nothing from him nor the venue. I find out that he was actually present at the wedding as the "chef" and didn't have the audacity to meet us in person and apologize face-to-face. We have to reach out to the venue only to have the owner dodge us multiple times. Mind you we had to take off work to set-up these meetings in Everett, which he cancelled last minute. Finally, we demand at least a phone call so we can discuss everything that happened. This is how he spoke to me, his client... "What do you want to talk about?". After staying calm and trying to speak he constantly interrupts me, berates me, tells me to have my lawyer call his and then hangs up on me. Then proceeds to text me to say that my husband should be the one to talk to him because shouldn't' have to deal with me.  I'm shocked that a wedding venue with good reviews could mess up this much. I understand why he makes his clients agree to not write any reviews until after the event. I'm even more appalled that anyone would treat their customers this way. He got his money and that's all he cares about. I could not in good faith recommend this venue. Please take your business elsewhere to someone that truly deserves it. It took over 11 years to save enough money and have the wedding I always wanted, and this venue absolutely ruined that day.

2018-03-14T00:09:18 Response from the vendor

It’s interesting to us that Ashley says “He got his money and that’s all he cares about” because after several instances of complaining throughout the planning process, we ended up giving this bride more than half off of her entire wedding, free tailoring for her... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Whitney L

My fiance and I looked at many venues before making our choice, and I never thought that I would find the right venue for us. it seems like everything that you look at adds up so quickly and there are hidden costs that they don't tell you about right away. I can understand how... Read More some people think that an all-inclusive venue is more expensive because the number looks bigger at first, but it is absolutely not true. I have had family members that plan their wedding piece by piece and it was so much more expensive, and so so much more stressful. With this venue, everything is included except for floral and photography.. throughout the whole process I had full access to the planners and was able to call and email as much as I wanted and get all of my questions answered. They really helped to keep me from stressing out too much, it was like I had a best friend who was a wedding expert by my side the whole time. Leading up to the event, I was worried because I felt like I must be forgetting something about the day and it took a lot of trust to put it in the hands of my day of coordinator, Kelly. She was absolutely fabulous and make sure that everything I wanted to happen on the days took place. it was so nice to have a lunch as everyone was getting ready, and a drink to calm my nerves! With the Monte Cristo, everything is one big package and it is unlimited so I never had to worry about food or drinks running out during the day and everyone seems very full and content, it is not the kind of wedding where guests will leave early to go to a restaurant because they are starving, or have to get drinks somewhere else because there's no alcohol left after the first hour. My DJ was on point and everyone has the best time dancing and seemed to really enjoy themselves. I would refer all of my future friends and family and getting married to the venue except that I want it to be my special spot of course. If you are a bride that is looking to save money and not be stressed, go here!

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Emily L

THE GOOD -Most of the staff were friendly and courteous -The food was delicious. -We were completely taken care of on the day; people ran out to buy me some yogurt since I couldn't eat much more, and eyelash glue when mine started falling off ten minutes before the ceremony.... Read More -Due to a miscommunication, the venue purchased an item we thought they had so we could still have it for our day THE BAD Several times I would call with a question and be told someone would call me back by the end of the day, only to never get a call back. Sometimes I would have to call back and ask again two or three times before someone would actually hunt down an answer and call me back. The dress shop (I know this might be separate, but it was all attached at the time) lied to me on the phone. I was getting worried about my dress arriving and called several times. The answer was always "it should be here in the next shipment". Finally, on one phone call they told me it had "just arrived" and all they had to do was pull it out and steam it and then they would call me. I called back a week later after no phone call and it turns out my dress wasn't even there yet. We had four meetings with planners to map out the day. Of those four meetings, we had 3 different people we met with. I understand you can't control turnover, but this made it incredibly depressing to go to each meeting. The one we saw times 3 and 4 wasn't any better, a she lost our write up of the 3rd meeting and referred to her hand written notes, but had written them in such a way that she asked us "what does this mean?' to many notes she had written down. At our first meeting, they said no confetti. We were fine with that. At our second one, they said they had purchased a confetti gun and did we want rainbow or silver. Since our theme was Christmas, we said yes to silver. Third meeting, they said we could have rainbow or nothing. We said nothing. At the end of our ceremony, they fired off the rainbow confetti gun despite us saying not to. They had also packed some of our snow for the send off in the gun, but it was heavier so it didn't flutter; it dumped on our guests and made them uncomfortable. I told them a couple times at meetings that I had walked by during a wedding and made eye contact with the groom because the drape was open. They said that was very odd and they always close it, and guaranteed it would be closed for ours. It was left open, meaning anyone could walk by and look in, and the background of the pictures of everyone walking down the aisle is the cars parked outside instead of a plain white sheet. They told us they had 4 trees we could use for the year of planning and first two meetings, until the last month when they said they had 1. They ordered them for us, but the planner made fun of us for it at our meeting. Overall, if you don't care much about the details, this would be a fine place to get married. But the fact that several things I specifically requested were ignored, and it being so hard to communicate, I wouldn't do it again here. The day was great, and none of the things that went wrong ruined it, but I think that would have been the case no matter where we got married! The stress of trying to communicate with the venue up to the day just wasn't worth it for us.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Tiffany F

My husband and I got married here in September and hasn't written any reviews yet due to our crazy schedules. I have to say that I couldn't have asked for more amazing wedding day and the Monte Cristo was the biggest contributor to everything going well. I found the process of... Read More booking to be very simple, there is no doubt in my mind that this was just the kind of venue that we needed. We are from New Jersey, where an all-inclusive venue is very popular. Much to our surprise, that is not a common way of business here in Washington. Everything is just priced out separately and it is so, so expensive. It seems like every turn you take there's something to nickel-and-dime you. I am so glad that I found this venue. Within one day of booking I have someone reach out and start the process for planning, I was able to meet with the team as much as I like to get the details just right. I never had any issues. On the day of the event we had the venue for a full 10 hours which gave lots of time to get ready, relax, and party! I never felt rushed and everything moved along as planned. The setup that I had practice with my planner had looked good but I never would have imagined it could look as beautiful as it did on my day. My pictures are so gorgeous! I am proud to have them forever. My guest were highly impressed with the service and food. The venue is owned by a chef, so I wasn't surprised. The food tasted just like it did at our initial tasting. On the day of, my coordinator was always one step behind me and staff was extremely accommodating. I would highly suggest checking the sign you out if it is within your budget, and even if you don't think it is, it ends up being a amazing deal for what you get.

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Jocelyn S

They were great! Other than some details only a bride would notice, everything was good.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Janae M

We got married in October 2017 and our wedding was amazing. I specifically want to give my thanks to the Monte Cristo Ballroom. From the moment I booked until the day of my wedding everything was very stress-free just as they had promised it would be. If you are a busy bride and... Read More has kids like I do, have work and even school like my husband and I do, you absolutely have no choice but to book with a venue to take care so much for you. The stress of putting on the biggest party of your life and making sure that all of your closest friends and family are enjoying themselves is very overwhelming. With little time in our schedules and wanting to have a fantastic wedding, we chose to use the Monte Cristo Ballroom. I regret absolutely nothing! They have an amazing planning team that will help you with all the details and even a area where you can try out decor stuff as much as you like before you get married. Everyone was always very helpful and friendly when I came in for an appointment or calls with a questions. I was never feeling like my day wouldn't go well, and when the wedding day actually happen both my husband and I had such an amazing time, I felt like I was Queen for the day and they took care of both of us while also putting on the best party ever! There is food the entire day we enjoyed the most awesome lunch while we are getting ready with mimosas and champagne. Now, you might tell yourself that you don't want to drink before the ceremony but girls, there are no nerves like wedding day nerves! My husband was able to enjoy a few beers with his friends as he was getting ready in the groom's room as well. The ceremony went just as expected and the DJ was on point even with my specific instructions on when I wanted the songs to stop and start as I was walking down the aisle and my bridal party was coming in, etc. Immediately after the ceremony the DJ made an announcement that there would be drinks and appetizers in the bar area and the party really begin. The great thing about the Monte Cristo Ballroom is that the food and drinks are unlimited so you never have to stress out and worried about that like so many Caterers. After the cocktail hour everyone was able to enjoy an amazing dinner. The buffet has over a hundred items on it, that was one of the biggest selling point for me and my husband when we first booked! And when I say that things are guaranteed not to run out they really mean what they say. They would switch out the food in the buffet before it was even running out or getting dry. Every other wedding I have ever experienced has had food run out or get dry or cold. And I have to say that that never happened on my wedding, I was so pleased. There were even late night snacks after dinner when people were dancing. Everything moved along my timeline just as expected and my planner was by my side the whole time making sure that we were okay, even helping me with little things like and umbrellas while taking pictures outside with my photographer. I have to say that I am surprised they're not more all inclusive venues in Washington, it just seems to make so much sense. And the cost was exactly as much as it would have probably cost to do things separately anyway without all the stress. Love it. Thank you to everyone involved so much for everything, and if I could write 50 reviews I would.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Sandra M

I usually don't write reviews, but I feel it's necessary upon seeing how many mixed and negative reviews the Monte Cristo has received. I want to tell everyone about my experience from start to finish and there's really nothing I would change. I first heard about the ballroom... Read More through my friend's mother who had attended a wedding there. It sounded too good to be true, so I called to get info, and it was actually not badly priced at all for having everything included. I set up a tour right away and was delighted by everything the venue had to offer. The only thing I was skeptical at first was that it was located in Everett, which I thought I had thought in the past did not have the best reputation. But I'm from Seattle, and I don't get up to the area very often, Everett has really changed over the past few years. They just built a Marriott across the street from the venue! Once I booked my wedding, a planner reached out to me right away. I have read many reviews talking about how the planning came never answered their calls or emails and I have to say that that's not true at all. Of course they work on the events over the weekend so you cannot expect a response that fast, but if you get ahold of them during their regular business hours there's always someone to help you right away and they are so friendly and knowledgeable. I never felt at any point in the planning they did not know what they were doing or did not have the confidence that they would be able to give me the perfect wedding day that I had enisioned. Just as expected, the day went beautifully. The only two packages really helpful because all I had to do was make a playlist to give to the DJ, sit down with the planning team and figure out decor, I didn't even have to rent that many items because they have so much decor in their package. On the day of, everything was set up just as we had talked about, and the food was a complete hit. After my honeymoon I got a chance to talk to you some of my friends and family and apparently they had an amazing experience, this food never ran out nor did the bar, and the staff was helpful at any point that they needed. I cannot say enough about this venue and they're all inclusive package! Thank you everyone at Monte Cristo Ballroom, from a very happy bride and groom.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Mikkel J

We just had our NYE wedding at MCB and Alex and Pam made our day truly better than we could have ever expected. We originally put the deposit down in June of 16. Over the next year and a half, we read several reviews on Yelp that scared us. Not to mention, the turnover was... Read More pretty high. We were honest with our uneasiness in our meetings with Pam, the event planner. She was great about calming our nerves (MAKE SURE EVERYTHING YOU WANT IS WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT WHEN YOU SIGN!) And Pam and the office crew are the sweetest. They were great to work with as well and all seemed to enjoy their job. The invitation company they use is pretty basic, but we paid extra to have our invitations pop a little. The turnover rate didn't affect us. If you are going to have your wedding here, make sure you know that they hire young people (min wage=high turnover). Just make sure everything is written down and they'll take care of you. They allowed us a rehearsal, 4 days before the wedding. That was the day we met our day-of coordinator, Alex. This was another hesitancy of mine, as how in the world can one person understand our wedding day vision if we only meet him/her at the last minute? Yet, Alex was fantastic. Our crew was late, talkative, and not the best of listeners yet Alex was one of the most patient and calm humans I had ever met. I would be yelling at people if I were in his place, but he just patiently took lead with professionalism. Fast forward to day-of. It was all a dream. Because we mostly used event rentals, our wedding was a bit more high maintenance than some of the other weddings I've seen there. Somehow, Alex and his team understood our vision, without me stepping in (granted, my husband was 50/50 in the planning and was able to guide them in some areas, but for the most part, Alex and his team did everything perfect the first time). When I was all ready, I walked out to the candle lit room, then into the ballroom, where everything was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Before the ceremony, my clumsy guests knocked over the floating candle vases...twice. But Alex and his team cleaned it up in no time. Even my husband was impressed at how attentive they were. We had Eric Morrow as our DJ; he nailed it. We were all joking about how he has the voice of the announcer at strip clubs. They really gave us the perfect wedding. And the photo booth worked all night. Some very small things: we were told we would have butlers for our room, but only saw someone twice. NO WORRIES AT ALL! It wasn't hard to just have a bridesmaid go get us food and bring it to the bridal suite. Plus, I'd rather have them working on my high-maintenance decor. The food service was a bit slow and some tables had to wait longer than they had hoped (we did a plated dinner), but I got my delicious food in the beginning and I'm the bride so I don't care if they waited;) During the toasts, they passed out champs bottles, but not flutes. I imagine that's because we had unlimited champs throughout the night and used up all their glasses...which also leads me to the fact that I saw numerous dirty/empty glasses around the venue. Again, NOT a big deal in the scheme of things. At dinner, they had an open bar line in the ballroom and at one point the line was 13 people long, but it kept the focus off their hungry bellies. All in all, I had no reason to freak out in the months leading up to the big day because the Monte Cristo team had it all under control.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Katerina E

Although the food was amazing at this beautiful venue, we were disappointed with the many promises the Monte Cristo gave but didn’t keep. We were promised personal butlers for the bride and groom which we didn’t receive. Dinner took much long to served than 90 minutes and... Read More because of that it pushed back our entire schedule for the night even though we had started everything on time. It almost seemed like they were under staffed for the night. There was no butter served with the dinner rolls at dinner. We were promised Martinelli Apple cider during the toasts and never received it. After dinner when we transitioned back into the ceremony room, there were no chairs out for elderly guests. The DJ had a few music problems where when he would transition into a new song, the music would stop completely. Also, during the process of ordering our invitations there were many mistakes made on Alexander Printing’s end. We were told that we could do “anything” we wanted on our invitations but even simply printing the registry information on the back of the invitation cost extra. The venue wedding planner had a GREAT personality but was a bit disorganized and I always felt like I had to remind her of key details for the wedding such as the fact we were having a dry wedding because of some our guests religious beliefs. Overall, for the amount money we paid for this wedding, I was extremely disappointed with the service which is suppose to be there big selling point. We did have a “day of” coordinator who frequently checked in with me and even brought food/drink to my bridal room when I asked for it. He was awesome and did whatever he could to help and problem solve. The food was fantastic and the late night bar food was a hit!

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Jillian M

I'm the type to plan everything myself. Parties, get together, other friend's showers and even their weddings. But I started in on my process of planning my wedding once I got engaged, and I just wasn't enjoying it. For once I just wanted to give up the stress of controlling... Read More every last aspect of an event, to just enjoy the day I've been dreaming of my whole life!!! I still wanted the ability to be able to customize everything about my day, but without the stress of booking vendors trying to strategically organize everything, etc. I didn't know there was such a thing as an all-inclusive event planning service, but my friends told me about the Monte Cristo Ballroom and how the process of planning your wedding is so much easier because most of your vendors are already in their package. I came to a free tour and tasting and was immediately by how well-organized everything was, how friendly the staff was from the moment I stepped in the door, followed by hearing about the most incredible package and tasting food that is unlike anything I've ever eaten at a wedding before. It felt like I was dreaming, so I imagine that the price is going to be out of this world! Surprisingly enough, it ended up being so affordable. The only things you need to get outside of their package or a florist and photographer but everything else is taken care of and completely customizable at the same time. The process itself was incredible and I was able to meet with the nicest planner who made sure all the details were just perfect for my day of. My friends and family were so incredibly impressed and have not stopped talking about it since. I can't recommend this venue and their incredible staff enough. If you are looking for the wedding of your dreams for an incredible price and the least amount of stress possible, you need to check this place out immediately. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Christina S

At first I thought that "all-inclusive" meant more expensive. I did a lot of research and it seemed like putting everything together myself could potentially be less expensive... But after realizing that every company has hidden costs and fees that add up in THOUSANDS of... Read More dollars, I decided to go the all inclusive path. Oh. My. God. I wish I could explain how tremendously happy I am that I did so. After all was said and done, my wedding ended up fitting within the budget I was hoping for, and the best part is that I didn't have to put it all together myself. Pretty much 90% of what you need for your wedding is all at this venue, but it's very customizable so don't think that that means you are stuck with a wedding like everyone else's wedding. Wedding planning was a breeze with the planning team here and the day of coordination team put everything together just as I was envisioning it. The entire process from start to finish was so incredibly easy and enjoyable, I would do it all again and again. The DJ was easy to work with and had all the music I needed, the decor package is really extensive and made it to that I had to buy very little of my own items. I ended up using about a hundred of their candles and vases for my wedding, and nothing cost extra. There was no nickel-and-diming whatsoever. I have had friends who have gotten married and went so far over budget because of hidden costs. I kept expecting something to cost more at the venue. Stationary? Create anything you want with their graphic designer. Food and drink? There are like 100 items served throughout the day and this is just how their menu work, no matter how much you spend at the venue. I have to say that was the best part, not having to feel like I missed out because I spent less than another couple. Montecristo made me feel like the actually cared about my wedding and didn't look at me and my fiance as money. The day itself was flawless, my guest all told me they had the best time ever and did not have to work whatsoever. Just thinking about my special day brings a tear to my eye. Thank you so much Monte Cristo Ballroom for making our dreams come true all at a price that doesn't make it impossible to live after the wedding. I highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kim M

I was so disappointed in Monte Cristo Ballroom's performance for my daughter's wedding. I am in the wedding industry and expected at least standard venue performance. I have a 23 item letter of under performance on MCB's part. I will say the food was delicious and the bar... Read More was hopping. The venue is very unique and could be such a great place. 1. Hire your own day of coordinator - This was the biggest problem. They sell you this feature but know nothing about it! If you decide to trust their contracted word get a specific coordinator's name who will be working with you and only work with them. Insist on this!! 2. Get everything in writing and I mean everything like whether or not they will light the candles you spent $250 on which their wedding planning team okayed. 3. Although my daughter spent countless hours planning with MCB's team, her banquet set up was wrong. They had the wrong color napkins and the room wasn't properly laid out for the seating arrangement that MCB's planning team provided. 4. Walk through the venue day before the wedding to make sure there are no broken windows. Day of make sure it has been cleaned so they are not vacuuming while your guests are trying to enjoy cocktail hour. 5. Get in writing the number of servers that will be working your event and make sure they are old enough to pick up dirty alcohol glasses so you don't have to bus your own event. Needless to say, although the venue is very unique and beautiful and they do have some good things going for them like the food and bar, it wasn't worth the day of frustrations. With better hands-on management this could really be an amazing venue. I suggest reading reviews closer to your wedding day if you are planning to use this venue. That way you can address issues and get them in writing. The best advice is to hire your own "Day of Coordinator". Every other vendor we hired outside MCB has received 5 star reviews and I had wished to leave MCB a 5 star review but in good conscience can not.

2018-02-01T20:01:37 Response from the vendor

Hello, this is the Monte Cristo Ballroom, thank you so much for taking the time to read our response. We take our reviews very seriously and our service even more so! Providing a perfect day and enjoyable process is the most important thing to us.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Allison P

Couldn't have chosen a better venue. Having a venue that does everything for you while still letting you customize everything seems impossible to find, but the Monte Cristo was exactly that. My friends and family said it was the best wedding they had been to. Ever! There was... Read More food and drink the entire day so I think that had a big influence on them too hahaha. I was really worried that it seemed too good to be true but not at all, it was the best, super affordable for what you get. Five stars, but I would give 10 if I could. If you're a bride who is so busy but doesn't want to be gouged on price, check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Taylor C

I have good and bad things to say about the venue. Our wedding was on July 1 2017. cons: - we never had the same wedding planner ever, always another person - the second to last appontiment with a wedding planner. no one even showed up for it. chef Anthony apologized for it and... Read More said he would compensate us in some way, he never did. The wedding planner eventually did show up an hour late, but we had other plans that day and we left - it was very hard to a get a hold of any one on the phone ever. one of my bridesmaids was also my wedding planner and she could never get a phone call back from the venue - we didn't meet the dj till the day of the wedding which I did not like at all -on the day of the wedding, 2 minutes before I walked up the aisle. one of the staff broke something all over the aisle. they cleaned it up very quickly -about 2 months before the wedding the venue emailed us and let us know that they had someone who worked there that could marry us. but we had already chosen and paid some one else to marry us. they told us way to late. which they had let us know more in advance -bathrooms are across the hall from the bridal suite, not easy to reach when guests and groomsmen are all standing out there pros -mostly inclusive - the day of was pretty perfect -love the upstairs, great for pictures - the brick wall on the side of the building was perfect for pictures - they cut our cake and served it to the guests -had miini burgers and fries served later on -had plenty of space for all the guests to mingle and be separate - the food was great! -open bar went over really well. and the drinks were pretty good -the coordination of moving people to the other room went very smooth - my dj concern was null and void. he was good - they sent us home with our favorite food at the end of the night -staff kept checking in with us all night -they didn't kick us out even when it was 11pm -they packed up our stuff and gifts for us and put them in paper bags for us to take home Overall it was a great day,just had the worst build-up to the actual day. I found that the ballroom made things more stressful then they needed to be most of the time. I Hated calling them and never getting to actual talk to anyone who could help me. But the day of was perfect.

2018-02-01T20:30:51 Response from the vendor

We would like to respond to this review for future couples who may be thinking of booking with us! Please note that this bride had her bridesmaid take over the planning and most of the day-of coordination as noted in her review. Due to the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 E K

I was planning my wedding remotely and was really excited to come across an all inclusive (mostly) wedding venue!! There were some communication hiccups that occurred throughout my 8 month planning period, which made for some frustrating and anxious moments. I was passed off to... Read More a couple different wedding planners throughout the planing process, which I think led to some communication discrepancy, as well as information being left out until the last minute. I second guessed my choice in this venue many times during the stressful moments of miscommunication or a fall through in decor, but the last planner I was set up with totally saved everything. Even though my tablecloth colors were no where to be found in all the land the week before the wedding (even though I was there months prior and physically picked the color I wanted), she was so helpful in working with me to pick something that I was happy with what they had available. She walked me through all the details of our wedding day and put me at ease. She was a life saver and made me excited for my wedding day, as opposed to before when I thought I would just bite the bullet and hope for the best. Chef Anthony was so awesome and let us pick a few custom dishes, which I was so excited for on the day of! I made sure to sit down and eat my food because I couldn't wait for my dinner!! Our day of planner deserves more than 5 stars. I love her and she is the VIP of our wedding day. She was professional, thoughtful, resourceful, on top of things, cheerful, calm, everything I could have asked for. A big part of our wedding running smoothly from start to finish is because of her. She made sure that I didn't worry about anything without me even realizing it! Some of our vases that lined the aisle tipped and spilled so the procession was delayed, but she took care of it quickly and quietly and didn't tell me as to cause me any unnecessary stress before walking down the aisle. It was little things like that, that at the end of the day I was so happy I had her working behind the scenes! If I had to choose all over again, I still would choose to have my wedding here. The 80% all inclusive aspect of this venue is just a wedding planning dream for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing, what they want to do, or doesn't know how hands on or off they want to be in the planning process. It helps so much to have set up, clean up, food, decor, DJ, and planner taken care of. There is still the freedom to add your personal touches to everything, but at the same time you have a good support to fall back on if you need.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Rekha D

I have always gotten butterflies thinking about my wedding day. It's really important to myself and my family to incorporate traditional Indian wedding customs and I found this venue to be so accommodating to all of my ideas and concerns. On the day of my wedding, it felt like a... Read More fairytale. Everything looked SO beautiful and well executed. My friends and family never lifted a finger and we were treated like royalty by all the staff and our amazing wedding planner. The Monte Cristi helped me customise my music with their DJ, a perfect mix of some traditional music that I've heard at so many Indian weddings since I've been a little girl and some hip music that got all my guests moving! The food was absolutely incredible and they let my family bring some very special dishes that they wished to incorporate that day, no extra cost. I really appreciated how easily they accommodated all of our wishes. Many venues I had looked at before did not allow for traditional food, even at an additional cost? I found this very upsetting at other venues. I would highly recommend this venue to ANY bride or groom looking for a perfect and magical experience. I still tear up thinking about how wonderful everyone was. I feel like I had true friends in the staff that was there at my wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Angela H

My fiance's Tyler and I just had our wedding and I absolutely had to take time to post a review for our amazing venue, the Monte Cristo Ballroom! While giving this review I am also reviewing my DJ, wedding planner, and catering because the Monte Cristo does it all. If you are... Read More looking to save yourself stress while planning and especially on the day of, look no further. I was immediately dazzled when I first came to look at the venue and had a free tour and tasting. There wasn't a bunch of other people at the tasting and it felt really personal. I knew after trying the food that everything was going to be just awesome. We booked that night and made an appointment to meet with our planner right away. All in all, over the course of many months I probably drove my planner crazy because I wanted to meet with them as much as possible. After all, we've never done this before! The planner that I had was so helpful and had great suggestions or what to do for my wedding. Surprisingly, the Monte Cristo Ballroom is very flexible about what they allow used to do in the venue. It is not the type of space where the answer is often "no". Leading up to my wedding, I was absolutely full of nerves because well, after all, it was our wedding day! But I really had no need to worry. When I arrived on the day of, everything looked just as I had hoped. No friends or family had to come and set up decor, because the Monte Cristo took care of everything. As the day progressed I felt less nervous when I realized that my planner had it all under control. The DJ was fantastic and got my guest excited to dance, the food was just as awesome as it was at the tasting, and overall I know that I saved money by choosing a venue that has everything I needed. I would absolutely, one hundred percent recommend this venue and its services to any possible looking to save themselves stress and a lot of money!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Debbie L

Being a very particular bride and groom, my fiance and I weren't sure that we were going to find what we needed to meet our wedding wishes. We actually looked at about 10 different venues before coming to the Monte Cristo. Walking in the front door, we knew right away that we... Read More liked the feel of the venue. But it wasn't that that really drew us in, it was the fact that it is so exclusive and offer so much right there. I was always already stressing about how long it was going to take to find all my vendors and how much it was going to cost, I was stressed out before I even started planning! But what the Monte Cristo Ballroom does is really different. They have absolutely everything you need and it's all about your big day. I'm not really sure why I have been reading some reviews about the turnover in staff, because it hasn't affected us at all. In fact everyone that we worked with in order to put on our wedding was absolutely amazing, and we were able to call and come visit as much as we wanted. On the day of, everything was just as I had planned and talk to my day of coordinator about. The best part about it is that there were no other charges after the wedding, and my friends and family are still raving about what an amazing time they had and the food especially. The only other advice I have is to make sure that if you're looking for a date in the next year or two that you get in touch with them as soon as possible, because finding a date can be hard.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jennifer M

I just had my wedding at Monte Cristo just last month, and just getting back now to review after my honeymoon. When I think about my experience over the past year I have nothing but good things to say about it. The staff was always helpful, the facility is gorgeous (think 1920s... Read More Great Gatsby meets modern updates!)I was never worried about how the wedding was going to go, and when the day came I felt like all of the normal stress and pressure of planning a wedding was alleviated. Not only do they have an amazing planning team, but there wasor pretty much everything you need when it comes to your wedding and no surprise extra costs later. I was able to meet with someone to create my invitations with a designer, there was a ton of decor to choose from (I barely had to bring any in), I got to customize my music with the DJ, and so much more. Usually when you think of something that is all inclusive or has things included with it, you think of being limited on options. But absolutely nothing was limited when it came to my wedding. On top of all of that, it ended up being an awesome price. I did a lot of research beforehand and at first I thought it was kind of expensive, but it's because everything is all in one place. My friends recently had a wedding and it was double the amount because they did everything separately. The day itself was just as I imagined it would be, everyone had an amazing time and it felt like we spent much more on our wedding than we did. What an amazing experience, I would recommend it to any bride in the future!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Melody Y

TL;DR: If you choose this venue, I highly recommend having a wedding coordinator or assigning someone to take care of details during your wedding day. Do not rely on staff because 1) huge turnover or 2) even if you tell them what to do, they may mess up and you have to do it... Read More

yourself. Pros: -Everybody loved the food. Throughout the night, the guests raved about the food and the variety. -The venue is pretty spacious. There was plenty of room for all my guests to mingle and socialize without feeling cramped. Luckily there was a parking garage nearby that was free so it was easy for guests to park. -Good bar service. Guests enjoyed the open bar and had no complaints. -For the ceremony itself, it was set up so beautifully. The sashes on the chairs are nice. -Our guests loved the photobooth! It was a nice activity for our guests to do while waiting for food. -Shoutout to Levi and Kim, who really had our backs during the wedding. These two were the only people we felt cared about our wedding. Cons: -Our wedding rehearsal was set for 10:00am. The coordinator got there thirty minutes late. -Huge staff turnover. During every planning meeting and even the day of, I was meeting brand new people who I had to re-orient to our wedding plans. It was frustrating for us because we felt like details were lost in communication and we kept getting conflicting information from staff members. -We had to constantly tell staff to do certain things during our wedding. For example, we told them many times during our meetings that flowers had to be moved from the mantel (after the ceremony) to tables for dinner. Unfortunately, nobody did that so I needed to direct my groomsmen to do so. -Staff members were rude. When we asked a server for water, we saw him roll his eye and complain to another server about how he did not want to get us water. During our toasts, the staff were loud. One of my guests needed to tell them to quiet down so she could hear it. -Despite our details listed in our packets, certain things were mismatched or missing. The centerpieces were all off and none of the tables were set up exactly the same despite us going over it multiple times during planning meetings. Vases were different sizes, vases had no marbles, we were missing candles, etc. Some chairs were also missing satin sashes. -We bought a cake for 125 people. We only had 110 guests. Despite this, the staff somehow managed to run out of cake. We also told the staff members many times before that our family members had to get their cakes FIRST. And guess what? It was our family members who did not get cake. -The DJ was terrible. Even though we gave him a playlist of requests, he'd mess up frequently. For example, at 10:30 he would start playing our send-off song even though we had 15 minutes left. He also did not fade out the music during our ceremony as requested, thus making our ceremony music sound choppy. -No bathroom in the bridal suite. Not a big problem for me, but for brides who want utmost privacy, this can be a hinderance. Unfortunately, Monte Cristo Ballroom does not take criticism constructively, as evident in their responses here on Yelp and in person. When my husband and I tried to speak to them about this at the end of the night, the staff member became defensive and tried to blame us for some of the mistakes saying "oh it wasn't our fault" or "you didn't tell us". It became clear to us that they were not interested in listening to what we had to say.

2018-02-01T20:13:50 Response from the vendor