Morris Arboretum

Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

100 E Northwestern Ave, Philadelphia, PA (215) 247-5777

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Michael B

WOW. What a great venue. My wife and I went to lots of weddings this past summer prior to ours and none would come close. There are lots of DIY here at the Arboretum and thats just fine. We gave one less star because there was a bit of a lack of communication with the rehearsal.... Read More There was no email or call to verify after the first dialogue about having a rehearsal, so we messed up the time. Our mistake. All in all great people to work with. Beautiful garden. Absolutely want to go back.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Evan W

We could not be happier with Morris Arboretum as our wedding venue. Before the wedding they followed up numerous times to make sure they got the setup right. We had our wedding in late August and the gardens looked absolutely amazing. We had enough time for photos before... Read More the wedding. They set up our ceremony in plenty of time. Everyone raved about our cocktail hour on Out on a Limb, and the reception went swimmingly. If the weather is right (as it was for us) this is an amazing place for a wedding.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Andrea W

My wife and I got married at Morris Arboretum on June 23rd. The wedding and our experience working with the arboretum were perfect! The group at the arboretum are very responsive, easy to work with, and are very helpful. They took us on tours to show us the different sites and... Read More told us what other weddings were like. During the wedding, the staff was helpful. We rented an extra golf cart and the two drivers were fantastic. We both highly recommend the arboretum. Just reserve your wedding day way in advance!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Debbie S

I just had my wedding on May 28, and I could not imagine my wedding anywhere other than Morris Arboretum. The staff was so friendly and accommodating and all our guests loved exploring the gardens. We chose to get married in the Pennock Garden and have the cocktail hour... Read More directly next to the ceremony site. Everything turned out gorgeous and thankfully the rain held off until the reception in the tent!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Emily G

My May 5th wedding at Morris Arboretum was an absolute dream. The scenery was amazing and our ceremony site was perfect. We opted for the Pennock Garden. For our cocktail hour we had access to the Out on a Limb treehouse. The guests loved it! The staff, including Chris,... Read More were all very friendly and accommodating. There were so many amazing photo opportunities among the grounds. You are provided with a golf cart to go anywhere you need it. Our golf cart driver even offered tours to some of our guests. There was also a bridal room for hanging out before the ceremony. Everything about the day went smoothly. Very professional and seasoned in the wedding business. If you love the outdoors, beautiful gardens and greenery, this is perfect for you!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Cassandra H

I just recently had my wedding at Morris Arboretum. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Ultimately the location is absolutely beautiful. My husband and I fell in love with the place from day 1. They made the day absolutely special and it was more affordable than... Read More other venues that we had visited. I would recommend the arboretum to anyone!!!

May Wedding

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Amanda H

The Arboretum was beautiful in May for my wedding. They were easy to work with and it turned out perfectly.

Picture Perfect Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Katherine B

We had our wedding the last weekend in April at Morris. We lucked out and had perfect weather. Cocktail hour on the Out on a Limb Exhibit it worth the extra money, the guests loved it. The tent ended up looking beautiful as well. Everyone at the venue worked hard to provide... Read More us with a very memorable day and I would highly recommend. Our pictures around the grounds turned out beautifully!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Sheila C

We looked at Morris in December and booked for May. We were so fortunate to get such a beautiful weekend. The arboretum was spectacular. As a venue, you have to book the cocktail hour in the tree house (Out on a Limb) which our guests raved about and was beautiful around sunset... Read More during the reception. There are however a lot of limitations with this venue. You have to have your ceremony at 6 or later and your guests can start arriving around 5pm. They have a lot of amplified sound limitations and additional charges for OOAL (out on a limb) and for having your ceremony on different parts of the grounds. We also found the contact person difficult to get in touch with and not very responsive at times. Luckily, our caterer point person at Joshua┬┤s had a good relationship with the venue and handled a lot of the communcations. It was definitely worth it, and our photos are sure to come out and be amazing because of all the interesting shots. WE are so happy we had our wedding at Morris and that we had good weather!!

Everything was wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Julie K

When we got engaged, Morris Arboretum was the first (and really the only) place we considered to have our wedding. I am so glad we went with that initial thought. Everything was perfect. The Arboretum staff was responsive and helpful. The site was exactly what we wanted for... Read More our wedding, a beautiful outdoor location for a laid - back, lovely ceremony and reception.

Beautiful gardens, mediocre reception space

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 anh t

The venue has a lot of restrictions about decorating the space. I found myself being told "No" a lot. The band/noise restriction is especially frustrating -- make sure you check on this when you visit. Basically, they won't allow any speakers in the reception area -- the... Read More speakers have to sit inside the building and cannot be in the tent where the guests are.

Fall Wedding at Morris Arboretum

Reviewed on 11/13/2011 Liz L

I got married this past October at the Morris Arboretum. We had both our ceremony and reception at the location. My husband and my main reason for picking the venue was the photo opportunities, and we were not disappointed. The photos came out beautifully. We were very happy... Read More with how the entire day came out. The ceremony was lovely. The location is pet friendly, so we were allowed to have our dogs be a part of the ceremony. And the reception under the tent was exactly what I pictured when we booked the location. It was a great size for the amount of guests we had (about 100). On a side note, I do recommend bringing in a dance floor; the ground underneath the tent is asphalt and not ideal for dancing. The main issue we had with the Arboretum was the management staff leading up to the big day. They could be incredibly unhelpful and almost petty at times. They would often tell me that I couldn't do something that I'd see that other weddings had done (like hanging lights in the tent... we did in the end and it was absolutely worth it). Also, one thing to mention, tables and chairs for the ceremony and reception are included in the site fee, but you may not use the nice wooden chairs for the ceremony on the grass because of the potential for grass and mud stains. Considering how important the ceremony photos are, I was pretty annoyed to learn this. My advice for avoiding unnecessary drama with the staff of the Arboretum is that you make sure to hire one of the approved caterers that has a good relationship with the women that work there. My caterer was the go-between in many situations and was able to get a more favorable response to my requests than I was getting, calling the venue directly.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Lauren S

My husband and I were married at the Morris Arboretum on August 28, 2010. It was the most beautiful day I could have ever imagined. The weather was perfect, the gardens were beautiful, and I could not have asked for a more amazing place to have our wedding. We used Bruno's as... Read More our caterer, and Carl could not have made our wedding planning experience easier. I felt like we could do almost anything we wanted and that we had very few restrictions. It really felt like "Our Wedding" and not one of those cookie cutter weddings.

Perfect Outdoor Venue (Even if it rains!!)

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Jennifer P

Having our wedding at the Morris Arboretum was perfect. We originally booked our reception at another location but after finding the arboretum online decided to take a look. We looked.. and never looked back. We immediately cancelled our other space, changed our date to 8/6/11... Read More and had a beautiful wedding. The day was cloudy - which was actually perfect because it kept the temperature down. We had our ceremony outside which was gorgeous ! After the ceremony there was a short period of rain, but our caterer, Company's Coming, was so professional and moved everything inside without a hitch. The room inside turned out fine, and all of our guests were in one location which made it easy to talk to everyone. Our pictures from around the arboretum turned out great!! There are so many great locations to take pictures in. The staff at the arboretum was always very helpful. They were friendly and easy to work with. The site is beautiful, if you have a wedding guest list under 150 then hands down you should have it at the Arboretum (And use Company's Coming as your caterer!!). Don't worry about it breaking the bank either. If you are creative and can easily have an affordable wedding there.

Review for Morris Arboretum

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Penelope F

They have beautiful gardens that you can use for your pictures. Your guests have the freedom to walk through the gardens during cocktail hour if they choose to do so. It has a cozy feel. The staff is very helpful informative (about seasonal changes in the garden) and... Read More accommodating.;They have a list of caterers that are allowed to work there that's non-negotiable. But the list varies in cost to fit your budget. They don't allowed amplified music at all.