Mount Vernon Country Club

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

24933 Clubhouse Circle, Golden, CO

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Aubrey P

We worked with Mary through our wedding planning process and she was absolutely amazing! Nicole helped with our rehearsal and was such a sweetheart (thank you!). Mount Vernon was an absolutely amazing venue to have our wedding! They had the ceremony site set up perfectly and... Read More our reception area set up perfectly. They made wedding planning really easy but most of all they made our wedding night easy and everything we wanted. Thank you so much! The Perry's

Dream Reception

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Haley M

This place was a huge blessing, and absolute dream. I could not have had a more picturesque and stunning venue. The food was outstanding, the service was dependable, respectable, and enjoyable, and the overall atmosphere was incredible. Not to mention, our wedding coordinator,... Read More Mary, was extraordinary. She really helped us to feel special, while being professional and available. Very great venue, and will recommend this to all my friends! Thank you Mt Vernon! *Price includes catering FYI

Great views, great food, great staff - fabulous

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Sarah H

I could not have been happier with Mt Vernon CC. I worked with Mary and Nicole to get everything coordinated and they were amazing. Always available and always willing to answer the silliest of questions. Everything went very smoothly! We did both our ceremony and reception at... Read More MVCC. The setting cannot be beat! The views are amazing! At the reception we had a raw bar (huge hit with our guests) and passed hors d'oeuvres (amazing). We chose a buffet rather than a plated dinner and every single dish was fantastic. We even got compliments on the vegetables! We also chose to use the in house bakery chef and he did a great job on our cake. Then the staff. They were very attentive and very friendly. Everyone was pleased and I couldn't have been happier. I also thought that MVCC provided a lot of value for what was paid. Many other places were much more expensive and didn't provide the level of service MVCC did for me.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kristina D

My wedding at Mount Vernon Country Club was picture perfect, the large deck was a beautiful place for our cermenoy. Enjoyed the feeling of the mountains and stunning views all within close drive for guests and the venue was easily accessible for my gusets in wheelchairs. The... Read More staff at Mount Vernon is wonderful, they were so helpful to me during the planning process and day of! The food was great, and I was glad I had them make my cake. Was so easy to have every thing we needed all in one spot at the great venue.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica P

Overall they did a awesome job. The venue was gorgeous, with amazing views. The staff was attentive and made our day go very smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Leading up to the wedding, Mary and Nicole were very responsive and quick to address and questions and... Read More requests. I would definitely recommend MVCC for a place to hold your wedding, or any other special event.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Melissa T

Mount Vernon Country Club was amazing! We took two years to plan our wedding and booked them as our venue right away. Over two years they answered my every question and were always willing to help. They even allowed us to use friends as some of our other vendors (for our cake... Read More and our d.j.). We had an emergency with the grooms attire on our wedding day which caused our ceremony to start late and they made adjustments to the timing of everything so it all still went smoothly. All of our guests raved about the amazing views. The food was outstanding, and the service was top notch. They were so accommodating th our every request and went above and beyond. We couldn't have been more satisfied with our choice in venue.

Please see Ceremony Location review

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie H

We used this location for ceremony and reception! Loved it!

Beautiful Ceremony and Reception Location

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie H

Nicole was a wonderful banquet manager and helped keep me (the Bride) calm throughout the planning and event process. She made the event extremely successful and her hard work impressed our families and guests. The food was incredible. We have not heard any complaints about... Read More the food quality or taste. Our cake was especially delicious! Even the maid of honor (who isn't a big fan of cake) went back for seconds! The views are outstanding; you can't beat getting married with Lookout Mountain and a valley of evergreens right behind you! At night, the city lights are visible at the end of the valley and dazzle guests throughout the night. Overall, MVCC is fairly pricey, but the experience overall made it feel 100% worth it! Our guests had a blast and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Reception with a View

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Nicolette R

We chose the Canyon Room at Mount Vernon Country Club for our October 2015 wedding mainly because of the incredible views. I wanted a Mountain themed wedding considering most of my guests were out of town and the views here definitely did not disappoint. The food was very... Read More good and was at a very fair price. We were able to attend a wedding tasting event held months prior to the wedding to really get a feel for the food options we had. Many of the items made it onto our menu because of it. The one thing that really frustrated me in the planning process was the communication problems the event staff faced. Many of our questions were answered incorrectly at first because the staff didn't bother to look at the notes or specific contract before replying to emails so their details were often times confused with another wedding. After struggling for awhile with them I was pretty nervous for the night of but the reception was not only beautifully run but turned out just how I had imagined it to be. The event staff may need to work on their communication skills when working with brides prior to the event but they were spot on when it came to the event itself. Everything was on schedule, clean and flowed beautifully. My only advice would be to pay more attention to the drink maximums. There was no tally to show how many drinks were actually served throughout the night like many vendors do, instead they said we reached the max on everything which seemed a little unlikely. Aside from that the bartender packed up the bar starting at 10:30 and had to go back to the liquor cabinet when a drink was ordered around 11:00. We had the space until 12:00 with no indication previously that the bar would ever close during our time there. The event staff waited on me and the groom hand and foot the night of which was refreshing. They catered to our every need and were one step ahead for the night. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Melissa L

This venue was absolutely amazing. From the very first meeting we felt welcomed and they answered all of our questions. The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing and the price was just right for us! I had frequent questions and they were all answered quickly. I just can't say... Read More enough about how wonderful our experience was. I would get married here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Tanya M

Absolutely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Our guests were blown away by the view from the deck in the canyon room. Nicole was awesome and the whole staff took great care of us and our guests. Our wedding was over 2 years worth of planning and everyone at Mt... Read More Vernon was 100% amazing every step of the way. I can't say Thank you enough to Nicole and everyone who helped make our day perfect! Oh and the food and cake was fantastic! Another bonus for us was that they waive the room fee when you have your wedding on a Sunday and since half of our guests were traveling from out of state and taking Monday off anyway it really wasn't a problem so that saved us a nice chunk of change that we could spend on other things. Overall totally worth every penny!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Westley R

Mount Vernon was the perfect venue! Beautiful location, friendly staff, delicious food, and affordable. I wish I could get married was a perfect day.

Beautiful Views!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Tina W

We initially chose Mount Vernon for the amazing views from the deck. With many guests from out of town, we wanted to give them a taste of Colorado without spending a fortune for a mountain wedding. Mount Vernon was just the spot! Nicole went above and beyond in helping us... Read More prepare for the wedding. She was a HUGE help the day of as well. The entire staff was very accommodating in working with us to have a very specific wine for the reception as well. We would not change a thing about our day. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/14/2015 Elizabeth W

MVCC was fantastic! My groom and I ended up moving out of state half way through wedding planning for our May 2015 wedding and had to coordinate everything from a far. We had no problem coordinating everything we needed with their team - and then they thought of everything else... Read More we may have forgotten in the shuffle. The wedding was a blast and the food (we did the buffet with plated salad) was amazing! Special shout out to the great staff (waiters, bartender- everyone!) who made our guests feel very welcome! Our guests are still talking about the delicious food, the views - and how much fun they had at the wedding! Thanks for an amazing evening!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Kat S

We had our reception here in April 2015 and everything went perfectly. Mary and her team know all the right questions to ask and were seamless in working with our DJ, photographers, and day-of-corrdinator to make sure everything got done properly. As an out-of-state bride, I was... Read More worried about any communication issues, but Mount Vernon already knows and works with plenty of the vendors in the area, so everyone already knows what to expect. The food is delicious! Wedding food can get a bad rap but not here. (We got the plated service.) The wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. It wasn't a huge priority for us, but they say they can do all sorts of styles, so that's handy to have your cake right at your venue. The views of the mountains are spectacular. Only one thing to note--they do several events a day, of the different floors. When my dad gave his speech, you could hear thumping music from another event downstairs. It didn't ruin things at all, in fact it probably bothered me more than anyone else. But just to keep in mind if you're after a venue you can have all to yourselves. The wait staff was professional and on the ball. They know brides and grooms are busy so they found us several times to ask what they could bring us--drinks, water, etc. Perfect!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Sarah B

My fiancé and I chose Mt. Vernon Country Club because the first time we went to tour the venue, the views took our breath away. As a Colorado native, we really wanted our wedding to reflect the state that we met and were being married in, and the views from Mt. Vernon are... Read More unbeatable. With that being the most important thing to us, Mt. Vernon was perfect. The service was decent to good; we felt that the staff was not super helpful or communicative about our event, and there were a lot of things that needed clarifying. After a less-than-ideal tour of the kitchen prior to our event, the kitchen and dining area were much more acceptable on the date of our event. The bridal room and bathroom did not have air conditioning, so getting ready prior to the wedding was extremely warm in August. In summary, this is a gorgeous but older venue, and if you can plan to do most of the work and communicating about what you want yourself, then it'll work out great!

Excellent and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Abby k

We got married here in April, and everything was wonderful. We received many compliments on how beautiful the scenery was, how amazing the food was, and how seamless everything went. Everybody in the catering department was amazing and quick to answer my questions. They were... Read More also flexible with my requests and helped me tremendously with the types of questions I didn’t know to even ask! We got married on a Sunday to save some money on the deposit, so we saw a huge value as well.

Perfect Location!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Angie

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Mt. Vernon. It was the most gorgeous setting ever! Steve and Mary helped us plan out every detail and were always there to answer questions and make changes when needed. Because of the uncertainty of the weather, they were very... Read More willing to start things a little earlier and helped to adjust the schedule of things as needed. The dinner and cake was delicious, they did an amazing job! Steve even presented us with a plate with our names and our wedding date! It was such a nice surprise!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Sophie D

Steve, Mary, and Victoria are a talented team! I have received nothing but compliments since our wedding at this venue and between the amazing view, outstanding service, and yummy food, I would book this venue again in a heartbeat!

Best colorado wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Michelle O

We chose the Mount Vernon Country Club because of the amazing view and remodel. All of our guest were from out of the state and we really wanted to have a "Colorado Mountain" wedding. The MVCC was the perfect place! They had just remodeled the Canyon room and outside deck.... Read More During our wedding and after it received many comments on how beautiful our venue sight was. On top of having a wonderful venue sight. The MVCC did an amazing job with catering our event. The display and the serving size was magnificent! We selected a seated dinner with salmon and steak. Steve and his team did such a great job and we would recommend this venue to everyone!!!

Great experience!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Amanda D

Between the excellent service and gorgeous views, our wedding and reception couldn't have been more perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Lisa U

This place was fantastic! You could not ask for a better and affordable place to have a wedding. For the price, it really can’t be beat. Our wedding was perfect from the very beginning of the wedding planning to the final clean-up after it was all over. The staff was... Read More incredibly helpful every step of the way, answering all my questions as well as having two day of coordinators at the site on the day of the wedding, along with a catering manager. Every detail was attended too, and these guys are pros! They have so much experience with weddings that anything that could go wrong, they know how to avoid the problem. Steve was a pleasure to work with and is an expert in the industry. We wanted a venue that was near Denver for our out-of-town-guests, but a place that still captured the rustic-ness of the wedding without being “too” rustic. This place was perfect for that. We had our ceremony on the deck that faces north overlooking the beautiful Rocky Mountains as well as the city. There are PLENTY of places for fantastic photos. We had our reception in the newly-remodeled Canyon Room. This room has a HUGE fireplace as well as a wall of windows that provide incredible ambiance during the reception. Our wedding was approximately 60 guests and it was the perfect size. The room fits more than that, but it made our small-ish wedding feel big and full. Last was the price! For the amazing food, open bar, room rental, the price cannot be beat! We never thought we would be able to afford something this nice! The food is well worth the VERY reasonable price! All of our guests are still raving about how yummy everything was from appetizers to cake. All I can say is, if you decide to go through Mt. Vernon, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Lori S

Mount Vernon Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding! The planning: Everything went very smoothly before the wedding, and all my emails were answered very quickly (and trust me, I had a lot of questions!). Everyone we talked to was very patient and friendly. The... Read More country club has a large tasting event for everyone having a wedding, which was a very nice event and helped us to pick our food and cake flavors. The Wedding: Someone from the catering department was always around to help the day of the wedding, and they were very good at keeping everything running smoothly. We had our ceremony on the patio and our reception in the newly remodeled Canyon room. The view from the patio is incredible, and the room is very nicely decorated. The chairs and tables were set up exactly as we wanted. The food was very good, and also very well presented. The service for the bar and the food was also very good. In conclusion, everyone was very patient with our numerous questions leading up to the wedding, and everything on the day of our wedding was exactly as we wanted!

Great Venue, Catering, and Service

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Rob S

Mount Vernon was a wonderful venue. The director of catering helped us with many of our questions and really assisted us in finding the best combination for our reception. Since our reception was going to be brunch, and the initial tasting was all dinner, the venue gave us a... Read More free Sunday brunch to try out all the available options. The customer service experience was fantastic and every member of the staff I interacted with made me feel like a priority. We made changes to our contract several times, adding in items or taking them away or adjusting counts for people. Mount Vernon handled every change seamlessly and executed the perfectly on the wedding day. The catering manager checked in with me several times throughout the wedding day and was flexible to changes needed for time. The views were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and it was a magical experience. I would absolutely suggest this venue to anybody considering it for their wedding.

The PERFECT Venue!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2013 Jenny S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mount Vernon! Not only is the location beautiful, but the staff and food are AMAZING. Even our photographer and DJ commented on how great the food is there. During the planning Steve and Katie were very helpful and dedicated to... Read More making sure that everything was just as we wanted it. The menu was totally at our discretion and they would even have made a family recipe if we wanted! The reception was perfect! The staff was incredibly attentive. It was so impressive that I was told my rich uncle (who has hosted many weddings) thought that it likely cost nearly 4 times what we actually paid.