Mount Vernon Country Club

(40)

Golden, CO

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Wedding Receptions in the Foothills

Host your wedding reception at Mount Vernon Country Club, which is tucked away in the foothills of Golden with spectacular views of Clear Creek Canyon, the mountains, and city lights. We offer exceptional cuisine and a professional staff to cater to your needs.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Country Club, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant

24933 Clubhouse Circle, Golden, CO

Dream Reception

12/07/2014 Haley M

This place was a huge blessing, and absolute dream. I could not have had a more picturesque and stunning venue. The food was outstanding, the service was dependable, respectable, and enjoyable, and the overall atmosphere was incredible. Not to mention, our wedding coordinator, Mary, was extraordinary. She really helped us to feel special, while being professional and available. Very great venue, and will recommend this to all my friends! Thank you Mt Vernon! *Price includes catering FYI

Excellent and Beautiful!

4/06/2014 Abby k

We got married here in April, and everything was wonderful. We received many compliments on how beautiful the scenery was, how amazing the food was, and how seamless everything went. Everybody in the catering department was amazing and quick to answer my questions. They were also flexible with my requests and helped me tremendously with the types of questions I didn’t know to even ask! We got married on a Sunday to save some money on the deposit, so we saw a huge value as well.

Great views, great food, great staff - fabulous

4/05/2014 Sarah H

I could not have been happier with Mt Vernon CC. I worked with Mary and Nicole to get everything coordinated and they were amazing. Always available and always willing to answer the silliest of questions. Everything went very smoothly! We did both our ceremony and reception at MVCC. The setting cannot be beat! The views are amazing! At the reception we had a raw bar (huge hit with our guests) and passed hors d'oeuvres (amazing). We chose a buffet rather than a plated dinner and every single dish was fantastic. We even got compliments on the vegetables! We also chose to use the in house bakery chef and he did a great job on our cake. Then the staff. They were very attentive and very friendly. Everyone was pleased and I couldn't have been happier. I also thought that MVCC provided a lot of value for what was paid. Many other places were much more expensive and didn't provide the level of service MVCC did for me.

Beautiful Venue

8/16/2014 Sarah B

My fiancé and I chose Mt. Vernon Country Club because the first time we went to tour the venue, the views took our breath away. As a Colorado native, we really wanted our wedding to reflect the state that we met and were being married in, and the views from Mt. Vernon are unbeatable. With that being the most important thing to us, Mt. Vernon was perfect. The service was decent to good; we felt that the staff was not super helpful or communicative about our event, and there were a lot of things that needed clarifying. After a less-than-ideal tour of the kitchen prior to our event, the kitchen and dining area were much more acceptable on the date of our event. The bridal room and bathroom did not have air conditioning, so getting ready prior to the wedding was extremely warm in August. In summary, this is a gorgeous but older venue, and if you can plan to do most of the work and communicating about what you want yourself, then it'll work out great!

Perfect Location!

9/14/2013 Angie

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Mt. Vernon. It was the most gorgeous setting ever! Steve and Mary helped us plan out every detail and were always there to answer questions and make changes when needed. Because of the uncertainty of the weather, they were very willing to start things a little earlier and helped to adjust the schedule of things as needed. The dinner and cake was delicious, they did an amazing job! Steve even presented us with a plate with our names and our wedding date! It was such a nice surprise!

Amazing Service

9/01/2013 Sophie D

Steve, Mary, and Victoria are a talented team! I have received nothing but compliments since our wedding at this venue and between the amazing view, outstanding service, and yummy food, I would book this venue again in a heartbeat!

Best colorado wedding venue

7/21/2013 Michelle O

We chose the Mount Vernon Country Club because of the amazing view and remodel. All of our guest were from out of the state and we really wanted to have a "Colorado Mountain" wedding. The MVCC was the perfect place! They had just remodeled the Canyon room and outside deck. During our wedding and after it received many comments on how beautiful our venue sight was. On top of having a wonderful venue sight. The MVCC did an amazing job with catering our event. The display and the serving size was magnificent! We selected a seated dinner with salmon and steak. Steve and his team did such a great job and we would recommend this venue to everyone!!!

Great experience!

6/22/2013 Amanda D

Between the excellent service and gorgeous views, our wedding and reception couldn't have been more perfect!!

Awesome!!!

6/07/2013 Lisa U

This place was fantastic! You could not ask for a better and affordable place to have a wedding. For the price, it really can’t be beat. Our wedding was perfect from the very beginning of the wedding planning to the final clean-up after it was all over. The staff was incredibly helpful every step of the way, answering all my questions as well as having two day of coordinators at the site on the day of the wedding, along with a catering manager. Every detail was attended too, and these guys are pros! They have so much experience with weddings that anything that could go wrong, they know how to avoid the problem. Steve was a pleasure to work with and is an expert in the industry. We wanted a venue that was near Denver for our out-of-town-guests, but a place that still captured the rustic-ness of the wedding without being “too” rustic. This place was perfect for that. We had our ceremony on the deck that faces north overlooking the beautiful Rocky Mountains as well as the city. There are PLENTY of places for fantastic photos. We had our reception in the newly-remodeled Canyon Room. This room has a HUGE fireplace as well as a wall of windows that provide incredible ambiance during the reception. Our wedding was approximately 60 guests and it was the perfect size. The room fits more than that, but it made our small-ish wedding feel big and full. Last was the price! For the amazing food, open bar, room rental, the price cannot be beat! We never thought we would be able to afford something this nice! The food is well worth the VERY reasonable price! All of our guests are still raving about how yummy everything was from appetizers to cake. All I can say is, if you decide to go through Mt. Vernon, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Perfect!

6/16/2013 Lori S

Mount Vernon Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding! The planning: Everything went very smoothly before the wedding, and all my emails were answered very quickly (and trust me, I had a lot of questions!). Everyone we talked to was very patient and friendly. The country club has a large tasting event for everyone having a wedding, which was a very nice event and helped us to pick our food and cake flavors. The Wedding: Someone from the catering department was always around to help the day of the wedding, and they were very good at keeping everything running smoothly. We had our ceremony on the patio and our reception in the newly remodeled Canyon room. The view from the patio is incredible, and the room is very nicely decorated. The chairs and tables were set up exactly as we wanted. The food was very good, and also very well presented. The service for the bar and the food was also very good. In conclusion, everyone was very patient with our numerous questions leading up to the wedding, and everything on the day of our wedding was exactly as we wanted!

Great Venue, Catering, and Service

8/05/2012 Rob S

Mount Vernon was a wonderful venue. The director of catering helped us with many of our questions and really assisted us in finding the best combination for our reception. Since our reception was going to be brunch, and the initial tasting was all dinner, the venue gave us a free Sunday brunch to try out all the available options. The customer service experience was fantastic and every member of the staff I interacted with made me feel like a priority. We made changes to our contract several times, adding in items or taking them away or adjusting counts for people. Mount Vernon handled every change seamlessly and executed the perfectly on the wedding day. The catering manager checked in with me several times throughout the wedding day and was flexible to changes needed for time. The views were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and it was a magical experience. I would absolutely suggest this venue to anybody considering it for their wedding.

The PERFECT Venue!!!!!

10/20/2012 Jenny S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mount Vernon! Not only is the location beautiful, but the staff and food are AMAZING. Even our photographer and DJ commented on how great the food is there. During the planning Steve and Katie were very helpful and dedicated to making sure that everything was just as we wanted it. The menu was totally at our discretion and they would even have made a family recipe if we wanted! The reception was perfect! The staff was incredibly attentive. It was so impressive that I was told my rich uncle (who has hosted many weddings) thought that it likely cost nearly 4 times what we actually paid.

MADE OUR DAY PERFECT!!!

10/13/2012 Juliana M

I don't have enough words to explain how wonderful the Mount Vernon Country Club was. From the day we went up just to "check it out" till the end of our reception, their coordinators and staff made sure everything was perfect! The food was delicious, and they were kind enough to accommodate adding a menu item that we wanted that wasn't normally available. They answered every email, returned every phone call and were just right on top of everything. The staff that took care of our reception were kind and attentive and our guests had nothing but compliments for the club throughout the night. On top of the amazing service, the views up there just can't be beat! Lastly, for all of the work they did, the quality of the food, the location, and the beauty of the building and rooms, they were INCREDIBLY priced and extremely flexible with what it was we wanted for our special day. SO many venues we'd done research on had very specific packages or were very rigid about HAVING to use their vendors. Mount Vernon Country Club was not like that at all. They offered dozens of options, let us make the decisions, but were able to make suggestions and recommendations based around what we wanted. They, truly, made our day perfect. Check them out!!!

Amazing Views with Exceptional Staff!

10/27/2012 Marissa D

My fiance and I stumbled upon MVCC when they were closed. However, the catering manager took the time that day to give us a tour, and a packet containing all prices, options, etc... We fell in love with the view off the Canyon Room, and immediately wanted to book for our October wedding. The catering department was amazing and are true professionals who knew exactly how to make my wedding exactly what I wanted. The food was a bit pricey, but everything was just what I wanted. If you are looking for an amazing "Colorado" feel to your wedding, this is the perfect location. I would also recommend the Canyon Room (it's newly remodeled)!

Amazing Complete package

10/06/2012 Jennifer B

The staff at MVCC went above and beyond our expectations. They worked with us for our vision from day 1. Amazing food, great service, flexibility, willing to work with us anytime for details. I recommend them to EVERYONE!

Amazing Mountain Views!

9/01/2012 Brooke H

When we saw the amazing mountain views from the deck at the country club we immediately fell in love with the location. We got so many compliments on what a beautiful location it was from the wedding guests and even those who did not attend and saw pictures. It was the perfect setting for a Colorado wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They really made our day special!

above and beyond!

9/28/2012 Dawn C

Steve, Kate and the Mt Vernon crew were so fantastic to Pete and I on our special night! The service was stellar, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect. We rented the newly renovated Canyon Room downstairs which I would highly recommend. Our ceremony was on the deck outside (gorgeous mountain views) so everything was on the same level for the reception which was also really convenient for our guests... Pete and I would definitely recommend having your wedding at Mount Vernon Country Club!

Beautiful location, nice staff, good food

9/29/2012 Megan F

I used Mount Vernon Country Club for my wedding a few weeks ago. We were in the remodeled Canyon Trail room. Overall it was a great experience! From the time we first booked them a year before the wedding, they were really great about answering all of my questions however big or small, were courteous, and gave some good suggestions for any conundrums. It's a beautiful view into the foothills from either event room. Our room was newly remodeled so it's much more modern, but still with a great atmosphere. The staff during our wedding were very nice and all our guests raved about them. There are few cons: 1) They can book two weddings in the same room for the same day--one morning and one evening. Yet they don't really build in any turn around time into the time between the two weddings so that made things a little stressful when trying to set up so you have to delegate well to people about what you want done because as the wedding couple, you won't have time to do it. My ushers and bridesmaids were great about getting to help set up so we could get to pictures more quickly. 2) They don't have a whole lots of easily accessible places around the venue and inside in which to take pictures. My photographer was familiar with the venue so she knew where to go, but we did have to walk a little ways away from the venue to go to a field. Isn't good for pretty shoes and harder to walk in but if you have a photographer that really knows what they are doing and you bring extra shoes, this is easily worked around. 3) There isn't really a bridal and groom suite. The Canyon Trail room does have a small room with mirrors and sinks, but the grooms suite is what we called the "Groom's Closet" because it is small. Keep in mind, if you are the evening wedding, and there is a morning wedding, you can't get into the bridal suite until around 4pm and that doesn't leave a lot of time to get ready and do some photos before hand. We ended up getting ready at a hotel in Golden so we weren't rushed. 4) You have to use Mount Vernon as a caterer. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless you have a caterer you really love. And they are a little expensive if you are a Saturday evening wedding. However, they are a full service kitchen and welcome you tastings. They are also flexibly with food allergies/diets. 5) You must be very clear about how you want the evening to go. The staff helping with your event are not wedding coordinators, but catering staff. This also is not necessarily a bad thing as they helped move things along all night but if you have a clear set picture in your mind about how you want your wedding to go, either really spell it out for the staff, or hire a wedding coordinator to take care of it. These cons are fairly small issues and can be worked around without much fuss. Also, I found this venue to be the best for money all around. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Again, the entire staff was very nice and helpful, the venue is very beautiful, good food and a great atmosphere. I wish I could do our wedding all over because it was so much fun and Mount Vernon definitely helped make it such a great and memorable evening.

Fantastic!

9/02/2012 brenda w

The Venue location and Views are spectacular! Our photographers are beautiful, our guests loved the outdoor ceremony on the lovely deck, there were deer in the open space down below. The food was very good, the service was amazing, and our onsite wedding planner, Steve Center was awesome! We did a Sunday brunch wedding and the pricing was so very reasonable.

Gorgeous Venue and an Amazing Staff

9/15/2012 Emily K

Kate and Steve are the most amazing people to work with. Our wedding was in the renovated Canyon room which has the most amazing views of Denver. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was and how beautiful our venue was. I highly recommend this venue, our wedding was perfect!

Great Service

9/08/2012 Sonya H

My husband and I were very happy with MVCC. We used them for our reception (we had our ceremony at Red Rocks). From the very beginning of our experience, we loved the service here. We worked with Kate, who answered all of our questions from rentals to timing, I mean EVERYTHING. We had a lot of compliments on the food (especially appetizers). I was very worried as there were 3! events at the club the night of our wedding, but aside from having to quiet down our guests for about 1/2 hr during cocktail hour, we never heard the party in the upstairs room. I highly recommend this place as they made our wedding experience easy (as some of our other vendors didn't).

Mountain wedding without the mountain price

9/02/2012 Amy C

If you want a mountain wedding without paying the mountain price then Mount Vernon is the place to go. IT was a great destination wedding for our out of town guest. They just remodeled their Canyon room and it looks so modern and cool. The catering department staff were really helpful and super responsive. They worked with me and we created a custom menu for the wedding which was well received by everyone. They were very attentive and helpful throughout the whole process. The day of the wedding the staff helped with our set up and did a great job of getting everything set after it rained.

Beautiful setting, customized service

9/01/2012 Erica R

We planned a "destination wedding" & chose this venue based on website & reviews. I was a little nervous to not even view the venue in person until the day before the wedding, but it couldn't have been more perfect. We had a small, intimate ceremony on the upstairs balcony & used the boardroom for our meal. Steve was very accomodating & accessible during planning & on the day. There were many customizable options that worked perfectly for our small event. The food & cake were wonderful. Service was fantastic. Views & pictures were amazing. We were able to save money by having a daytime event. Very pleased with ability to host small event without food/drink minimums.

Beautiful and experienced

8/04/2012 Carissa F

Beautiful location and VERY resaonably priced. It is beautiful, the food is good, and they are very helpful. They specialized everything to me and made me feel very comfortable and in control. It was wonderful.

Wonderful Setting

7/21/2012 keysha p

Absolutely loved the venue we chose at Mount Vernon. Everything was perfect and the staff there was fantastic. They really made our day very special.

Send Email