Mountain Meadows Lodge

Killington, VT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in Killington, Vermont, the Mountain Meadows Lodge offers an exclusive and private setting in nature for wedding ceremonies and receptions. With breathtaking views of the mountains and bordered by national forests and state parks, it is a 6.5-acre oasis of tranquility. The Lodge and the Farmhouse were originally built in 1857 and are historic landmarks on the property. For couples who love the outdoors and are seeking an all-inclusive wedding venue with hands-on staff, the Mountain Meadows Lodge is an excellent option. Following are the spaces available for ceremonies and receptions:

exude rustic charm and can serve as backdrops to receptions or be utilized for indoor ceremonies. The historic buildings have been renovated and include modern amenities.

spot overlooks the blue waters and the Appalachian Trail. The lush forests make for a beautiful backdrop.

is where most often couples set up a tent for receptions; however, couples may choose to hold their ceremony and reception on the Lawn itself.

On-site catering includes hors d'oeuvres, entrees and dessert. Mountain Meadow Lodge also provides the wedding cake. Open and hosted bar packages are available. The venue can also host the rehearsal dinner and reception. The venue offers unique rehearsal dinner options, including a picnic, a clambake and a pig roast on the beach. Couples should plan to hire an officiant and outside vendors for flowers, entertainment, photography and event lighting. The following are included in wedding packages:

• Exclusive access to the 6.5-acre property
  • Cake cutting
  • Tables and chairs
  • Tent
  • Dance floor
  • Dinnerware
  • Linens
  • Complementary couple's suite
  • Marshmallow roast during the reception

For couples seeking a dramatic entrance or exit, a horse-drawn carriage is available for rental. In the wintertime, couples can enter on skis. The venue also offers unique options for wedding events, including scavenger hunts and picnic lunches at the waterfalls.

The following are extras available to the bride and groom for their ceremony and reception:

• On-site event coordinators
  • Up to 17 guest rooms on-site
  • Complimentary breakfast buffet for overnight guests
  • Assistance securing accommodations for up to 120 overnight guests in neighboring lodging
  • Complimentary Fireplace Suite with Jacuzzi for the wedding night

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Hotel, Mountain

285 Thundering Brook Road, Killington, VT (802) 775-1010

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Cheri M

We had the most amazing wedding weekend! All of our families were from out of the state and we really wanted to show them why we love Vermont. This place showed it more than we ever expected. The staff were amazing, fun and rolled with every change that came up. They were calm,... Read More cool and ready to celebrate our big day! Our families are thinking of a 5 year re-union just to go back. We loved it. #BestWeddingEver

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 MAJA S

Everything about our wedding weekend - leaving the hustle and bustle of New York City - was just how we wanted it to be thanks to the staff at Mountain Meadows Lodge (MML). From the pleasant and kind staff accommodating nearly every [sometimes even silly] request we made to... Read More the serene beauty of the property, we were able to both enjoy our closest family and friends who were visiting from all over & soak in the beauty and fun Vermont has to offer. We highly recommend the MML for any occasion, especially a wedding! Thank you MML for an unforgettable destination wedding!!!

Perfect family weekend

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Christine E

Bill and Dave and the entire crew at Mountain Meadows made our wedding more than a day - they made it an entire celebratory family weekend. We were aiming for a "family reunion" feel, and it was also important to be able to have our dogs there with us the whole weekend, and this... Read More was the perfect venue. At the end of the weekend, everyone expressed that it had been unforgettable, and I think the family/rustic/laid-back feel was a huge part of this. Our wedding was small, about 50 people, and mostly family. Everyone was coming from out of town and stayed at Mountain Meadows, with a few staying at the nearby Greenbrier Inn (a sister business of Mountain Meadows and also lovely). I was worried about the fact that the rooms were a bit rustic (and no in-room TVs) for some of my more picky future family members, but between the free wireless internet and other activities and gathering areas, I think it was actually a good thing that people didn't feel compelled to stay in their rooms. I did manage expectations by warning about the rustic lodging and suggest that people might consider the Greenbrier if they wanted TVs but no one really cared. Bill knows everyone in the area, and can suggest any additional vendors you might need. The ceremony, the venue and the tent were lovely. Lauren, Dave and crew did an amazing job taking care of the details and installed a lot of the DIY-ish touches I had desired. They even hung paper lanterns in the tent for us, and also had the foresight to arrange for tent heaters for our chilly May reception. We told Bill to make whatever food was most popular, and we were so happy as the food for both the reception (ribs, chicken bbq) and the reception (pork, veggies, pasta) was maybe the best food I've had at a wedding. The bonfire cap to the evening was a nice touch At the end of the weekend, our family members were hugging Bill and co because they had such a great time.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Laura K

Best Wedding Venue ever. Mountain Meadows is a very special venue for many reasons. My now husband and I were planning a wedding for families that haven’t been all together in some cases ten years so it was important for us to have a venue where people could mingle, relax and... Read More feel at home. The staff at Mountain Meadows facilitated this by being warm, kind and great at their jobs. Throughout the planning process I got to know Dave and Lauren the best. At one point I asked Dave if I needed to be doing more because I felt like everything was too easy and he said that is how it’s supposed to feel. Lauren set up the entire tent and somehow made my vision look better than I had even imagined. I just cannot thank them enough. When the wedding weekend came I hardly slept because I didn’t want to miss a moment. There was so much to do between hanging out on the dock, playing games and catching up with friends and family. I even got to know the staff better and want to thank the bartenders who were genuine, kind and always smiling. And the food…wow! My husband is a chef and it was important to him that we found local, fresh ingredients that wouldn’t dry out and become another mediocre wedding meal. Bill was awesome from the beginning with planning and ordering food. Dave and PV delivered a fresh and beautiful meal. It is hard to say what stood out because I loved everything. The asparagus was perfectly crispy, the sage butter sauce over the ravioli was addicting, the brisket was moist and the beet salad was exquisite. We looked at a lot of venues and I believe that Mountain Meadows has the best combination of natural beauty, fun and heart. When I look through candid photos from our wedding I am so happy to see that everyone is smiling! I think it is impossible to not have a blast at Mountain Meadows. Thank you Bill and Anne for sharing your piece of paradise with so many people. We will be coming back to visit.

Perfect Vermont Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Karen J

Thank you Dave, Bill, Anne, and Lauren. I had the most amazing wedding weekend! It was perfect to the very last detail, and I didn't need to worry about a thing on my wedding day, the staff made sure everything went smoothly. I can't recommend MML enough, perfect setting for a... Read More beautiful wedding!

Amazing fall wedding!

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Judy S

Thank you to Ann, Bill, Dave and Lauren! We had an awesome time at our daughter's wedding because the Mountain Meadows crew took care of everything! The food was plentiful and delicious! Everyone was patient and helpful! Thanks again guys, would love to do it again and not... Read More change a thing!!!

Simply Elegant

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Sarah M

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with having our wedding here. The scenery is beautiful, the hospitality is warm and welcoming, and the staff is professional and great at what they do. Our guests are still raving about the wedding! I would recommend this venue to... Read More anyone looking for a beautiful, Vermont country wedding.