Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

24071 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington, MI (248) 427-9422

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Ravin K

2 weeks ago I called and asked what the process would be to order a cake for my mom's birthday. They told me to send an email stating exactly what I wanted the cake to say and include a picture of what I would it to look like. I said ok and later that same day sent a very... Read More extensive email detailing exactly what they asked of me. I even went as far as letting them know what size font I wanted as well as the colors. 4 days had passed and I didn't get a response so I called and made sure they got my email. They said yes and the lady went over the email with me making sure she understood it fully. 2 days before the event I called and made sure everything was set and that the cake would be ready. Fast forward to this past Sat April 1, I go in with my husband an hour before my moms surprise party and the cake looked and said nothing like what we had discussed. Long story short, after arguing with them for 30 minutes and the manager refusing to come out and talk to us, we got a full refund because they weren't willing to take $10 off for the inconvenience. The party went on without that dumb immature looking cake with no Happy Birthday or anything on it. But if I were you I would NOT work with this company. Could you imagine if the cake was for an anniversary or a wedding??!! smh. I will never go back to them again.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 T S

Horrible!!! I won't be going back my cake was horrible and not done correct . They added a fee to my card without me knowing until after the fact. They don't answer the phone and are not about customer service.I think you should go anywhere aside from here if you want to be... Read More treated like a loyal customer

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Tim J

Doing business with maddox cake don't walk away right away. They are very difficult to work with. I have had trouble paying them the cash due at time. The artwork on it is elementary. The cake was late for the reception. Dave no directions to the hall of saving the cheap... Read More plastic pillars $3.91 value at Walmart. So I got no refund on my deposit. The cake was OK

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Erica R

I cannot say enough good things about this shop! I was so pleased with how my cake turned out. Including design and taste The whole process was so easy and they made it that way. This was one thing I did not have to worry about knowing that I was in there hands. Also the cake... Read More was delicious- everyone was raving about it! Thank you mrs Maddox!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah F

Have you tried their cakes? Seriously go do it. They are affordable and super helpful. Not to mention the cakes were AMAZING. We had a small cake and then cupcakes for the rest of our guests and I can't count how many people wanted to know where they came from because they were... Read More so tasty. Love this place.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lisa M

Mrs. Maddox Cakes, Farmington -- The Short Version -- My overall experience with Mrs. Maddox Cakes in Farmington was absolutely, without a doubt, HORRIBLE. It was the WORST experience in customer service that I've had in a very long time. I will never be able to refer them to... Read More any of my friends or family, or go back there myself. If I could give less than 1-star I would do so. There are a number of bakeries in the area that are far superior, in my opinion. I have personally used Graf's Pastry on 12 Mile Rd. and Patissererie Parmentier on Grand River, and was absolutely delighted by both. -- The Long Version -- I first tried contacting Mrs. Maddox Cakes in Farmington to place an order for a baptismal cake for my son after the shop was recommended to me by a friend. I should have known immediately that professionalism was not their forte, as it took 4 phone calls before I was even able to reach someone. Finally, after numerous calls, voicemails, and an email, I was able to reach someone and place an order. I should have known to stay away after this, but time was of the essence and I needed a cake. I described the cake to the person on the phone, I also emailed a photo of a similar cake I wanted, including design, color, and flavor. I called back to go over the email with them to be sure it would be perfect. They assured me it would be. A major concern I brought up with them was the color. Because the writing and outer edge design were going to be rustic gold I was worried it might look yellowish. They assured me it wouldn't. Saturday before my event they called me at 3:20pm (they close at 4pm) to come get my cake. When I arrived there were 5 other people there complaining that they had been called just before closing to come get their cakes as well. There we were, six of us, waiting at the bakery just before closing, to pick up cakes. While waiting I bought a cupcake they had available. My cake finally came out. I opened the box to take a look and my jaw hit the floor. I thought it was a joke. It looked nothing like I had asked, and didn't look like the photo I sent (and discussed with them) at all. The design was downright awful. The "rustic gold" color looked mustardy. It literally (not figuratively) looked like they designed my cake using a mustard bottle. When I mentioned this to the woman working the counter she did not care at all. She insisted that's what I had ordered. When I asked to have the color fixed she told me they couldn't fix it because that was their version of "rustic gold", besides, all the bakers had gone home for the weekend anyway. She told me there was nothing they could do at this point. She was being intentionally rude, and actually seemed amused at how upset I was. I asked to speak to a manager. She said there was no one else there. She then supposedly called a manager who told her there was nothing they could do.

Always amazing

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Ashley K

I buy mrs. Maddox cakes for every event I have! So there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted my wedding cake to be from them!! And of course it was amazing!! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted great!! Always recommend them and can't wait to get my next cake from them!

LOVED IT

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Marisa L

Great service, tasted amazing, and the price was hundreds less than the competitors. Plus, they delivered over 40 minutes away :)

Cake Was Delicious

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Alicia G

Cake was delicious, beautiful and reasonably priced. The staff made the ordering process very easy. Two weeks before the wedding they followed up just to make sure that they knew exactly what we wanted.

Delicious AND pretty cake

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Cassandra B

Surprisingly (since I am a huge dessert fan), it was kind of hard to find a bakery that made pretty cakes AND tasted good. We went to many cake tastings, and this was the first that we loved the taste. They executed my idea pretty well. The only bad critique I would say is they... Read More were suppose to match a ribbon color in my cake to the swatch from the bridesmaids dresses, and they missed the mark on that. The dresses were a darker shade of a taupe color and they made it a chocolate brown color, which did not go in my wedding theme at all. They were reasonably priced compared to other bakeries. The employees were very helpful and informative. Cake was delicious. I would recommend them to another bride.

Delicious and beautiful to boot

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Kim R

Our cake turned out beautifully and it tasted good as well, which is just as important. Although the store does not look like much when you walk in, they do a great job in making unique wedding cakes and fit right into my budget. I highly recommend Mrs. Maddox.

Tasty cake after a less than stellar tasting

Reviewed on 2/17/2013 Sarah C

We had a very uneasy feeling getting our cake from here. They were extremely inattentive during our tasting, and the cakes seemed to reflect that. However, they followed our requests exactly and the cake turned out great and delicious.

Great

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Danielle P

They did a great job working with what I wanted and my budget. The raspberry mousse was delicious!

Delicious cupcakes

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Mary E

Overall, very happy with Mrs. Maddox. The cupcakes were delicious and their prices are very reasonable. They were very patient with me, especially since I went in multiple times to try different flavors :) It is a little confusing that that do not schedule appointments for... Read More tastings (made the staff seem unprepared if they didn't have a particular flavor already made for that day). They worked very well with my venue to make the display that I requested and it looked excellent. My only complaint is that we didn't know that the extras were under the table, so we went home with so many leftovers. It all worked out though - it meant that I had cupcakes for brunch the next day.

absolutly perfect

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Tara H

I loved my cake. It was so good. And they were very nice.

DELICIOUS!!!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Shatara A

Price ALL depends on the style and size of cake. Mine was over $700, but gorgeous.

Yum!!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Cheryl B

I have used Mrs. Maddox Cake Shop for various birthdays over the years, so when we decided we wanted cupcakes for our wedding, this was the first place I wanted to go. The cupcakes were moist, the fronsting was delicious and their service was impeccable! I even arranged to... Read More have a Detroit Tiger's baseball hat groom's cake as a surprise for my husband and it turned out beautifully! Not to mention that the prioce was very affordable. You will NOT be disappointed with Mrs. Maddox!

The best cake!

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Katie L

Our cake was amazing!! It tasted so good and it was beautiful. What an amazing experience with the staff and we were so happy with everything!

Great Cake

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Tameka W

Looked and tasted great!!

Yummy!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Erin B

The cakes are amazing and the price is just right! My fiance and I are not cake/icing people and I actually licked the icing off my fingers after we fed each other cake, because it was all sooooooo good!

YUMMMM

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Lauren A

Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone! They also have good cakes for every other occasion you can think of!

Cake was beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Amy S

The cake looked so pretty. I made sure to take a few bites before I left the reception. Can't wait until the 1 year anniversary to get our anniversary cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Erin R

I gave them a cake sketch design and they put it to reality. I absolutely loved my abstract and modern cake that they helped create. Of course, it was absolutely delicious too!! We also received a gift certificate for our one year anniversary so we didn't have to worry about... Read More saving the top layer. They were great to work with and have been around for a long time. We also enjoyed the fact that they had done the wedding cake for my in-law's wedding over 30 years ago! :)

FINGER LICKING GOOD !!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Chaquitta P

My wedding cake was very GOOD!! Flavorful and moist the buttercream icing to die for. The design was so beautiful thank you so much for making my special day perfect.

Yummy!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Judy S

The cakes was exactly what we wanted. Look, taste everything. And we didn't have to save the top to freeze and each on our one year, they are giving us a free cake top next year.