Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel & Conference Ce

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

2424 S Mission Rd, Mount Pleasant, MI (989) 956-0446

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jessie P

Wasn't very happy with the way the food was handled. After talking to 30 or so people, before they could even think about getting a second plate, the food was gone! And me, as the bride, didn't even get to eat my food. They took my plate while I was signing my marriage license... Read More and when I asked for more, they told me they threw it away already! And the cake was so far in the corner that nobody could see us cutting it. It was all very very rushed and I didn't like it.

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Tracy H

We had our ceremony right in the court yard and our reception in the banquet center. It was very well organized by Brittany and the food was outstanding! Our only concern was the time that food was taken down - it seemed very quickly and we weren't sure everyone had the... Read More opportunity to get more. Other than that, we had a perfectly, beautiful day and the venue was perfect!

Not what I was expecting for what we paid.

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Liz M

The Good: Food was amazing! Waitstaff was mostly helpful and very nice. DJ service is set up by Comfort, which was helpful. They also took care of all the decorating and set-up, and it looked BEAUTIFUL! The Bad: Our wedding coordinator assigned to us was very nice and extremly... Read More helpful, but a little flakey. It was impossible to get a call back, sometimes took days to get a reply email. The Ugly: A family member had a (semi-serious) medical situation which caused her to leave a mess in the hallway. When it was discovered, we were told by a member of the hotel staff (let's call her "Pam") that "our people are not trained for this kind of clean up." Which caused our Best Man to clean the mess up for 1-2 hours while their staff stood there and watched. Keep in mind they have a full housekeeping staff, who I am sure if well trained in cleaning up messes. Our family member, while sick (and embarrased) in the restroom was told by "Pam" that if she is not out of the bathroom in 15 minutes then she is "calling 911". She did not ask if our family member was okay, just that she was calling the cops. Now, because they did not have someone propely clean up the mess, it ended up on my $1,000 Wedding Gown. Which the waitstaff was very nice about and took me into a private bathroom where I could clean up my dress. If we could do it all over again, I'm not sure that I would choose the Comfort Inn for our reception, only becuase of how rude the staff was when we had a sick family member. My father in law has complained to the Comfort Inn management multiple times, and we have not heard back from them since he first complained 2 weeks ago. If you ask me, this is not how you treat people who just spent thousands of dollars to celebrate their wedding at your venue.

Good enough

Reviewed on 11/12/2011 Jamie G

The Comfort Inn definitely had its pros and cons. The wedding coordinator was switched half way through our wedding planning, and there were communication errors and a simple lack of communication at a certain point that was really disappointing for my husband and me. However,... Read More the management did seem to care when we spoke to them about it, and things went better after that. The reception was beautiful and they set everything up for you leaving very little responsibility on family/bridesmaids that normally decorate, etc. It's convenient to have hotel rooms that out of town guests can walk right up to after the wedding is over as well.

Fabulous Venue and Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 betsy w

This wedding reception venue is wonderful. The wedding coordinator and staff have a wonderful eye for detail, and will bend over backwards to ensure your happiness. We purchased the Gold Wedding Package for 300 people, which was indeed a fantastic value, as it is a bundled... Read More package which included appitizers, ice sculpture, three meat buffet (or plated dinner if thats your liking) eight point linens, underlighted head table, cake table and gift table, and the DJ from Sound Productions, as well as complete cake cutting service. We also included a full bar with just regular liquors, beers and wines (not the call brands). The reception food was tasty and exactly what we expected after attending two wedding tastings in the two years preceeding our event. It was hot, looked great in the serving dishes and was quickly maintained by a very, very attentive staff. Not only did we have our reception here, we also had a morning after breakfast buffet for 100 that was a very good deal. The food was fabulous, the tables looked amazing. The staff reused some of the flower arrangements from the night before, and dressed up the tables nicely. I was blown away with what they did. The wedding coordinator, Michelle Dow maintained constant contact with me the week prior to the wedding, giving me her email and cell numbers in case I had questions, or last minute issues that needed to be addressed. I can't emphasize enough how much stress this women took off our shoulders. The multiple meetings in the two weeks prior to the event, was very good thing as our expectations were laid out and we had the opportunity to let Michelle know exactly what we expected vs what we purchased, and she went over and above what was expected of her. I rented the wrong size chair jackets for the chairs at this venue site, and Michelle took it upon herself to make a tuck here and there to make the chair covers work for their chairs, and texted me a picture of what she had done to the chairs to make sure I was ok with what she had done. Michelle also texted me pictures of the room after set up, and prior to my guest arriving, so I was able to see that the room was spectaculor! Michelle, Suzette, Neko and Heather (I hope thats right) went above and beyond all night to make sure we were happy with the venue. Thank you all for making our daughters wedding wonderful.